Hey Dodgers Fans

1,006,594 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Big C
82gradDLSdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheSouseFamily;842836310 said:

Not to interrupt the Giants fans' celebrating a split and a nice stretch of .500 baseball...but I'm really impressed with Christian Arroyo. He's gonna be a big time baller for Frisco for a long time. I like the way he carries himself and that's gonna be a nice little rivalry with Seager in the future.

Arroyo may turn out to be good but I'd take Seager. He's really good. Both seem to be good kids though and that's great to see from top flite athletes
NYCGOBEARS
82gradDLSdad;842836337 said:

Arroyo may turn out to be good but I'd take Seager. He's really good. Both seem to be good kids though and that's great to see from top flite athletes

Giants have Crawford, Arroyo, Panik and Belt manning the infield. That's nothing to scoff at. If they can get someone worth a damn in center and left field, things should get much better.
82gradDLSdad
NYCGOBEARS;842836339 said:

Giants have Crawford, Arroyo, Panik and Belt manning the infield. That's nothing to scoff at. If they can get someone worth a damn in center and left field, things should get much better.

You got that right. I'm old enough to remember when the Giants used to crank out great outfields like they were on an assembly line. Now their outfield struggles to be average. I'm just really impressed by Seager and I think the Giants infield, now with Arroyo, is one of the best if not the best in MLB.
1979bear
I'm impressed how the rivalry turned out three one run games and two extra frame games. It's the one part of professional sports I really enjoy.
BearDevil
Unit2Sucks;842836127 said:

Absent massive changes (or a whole lot of luck) the Giants championship window has closed. I'm okay with that - at least we won 3 championships during the window.

With Arroyo now in the bigs, Beede's the only prospect they have have left. Drained the farm system by dealing prospects at the trading deadline. Likely won't be close at the deadline this season, so need to get some promising young prospects in the pipeline by dealing pending free agents Nunez and Cueto.
NYCGOBEARS
Braun talk heating up again. I'll believe it when I see it.
GMP
BearDevil;842836436 said:

With Arroyo now in the bigs, Beede's the only prospect they have have left. Drained the farm system by dealing prospects at the trading deadline. Likely won't be close at the deadline this season, so need to get some promising young prospects in the pipeline by dealing pending free agents Nunez and Cueto.

Chris Shaw is also a prospect. But, anyways, the Giants have been proving prospect lists wrong for years (Panik, Duffy, even Arroyo was underrated). There will be some surprises. Even if not, flags fly forever, and I'll take three rings if it means a dried up farm system for a while.
ducky23
I think it's pretty silly to start writing off the season a month into it. Giants had plenty months this bad last year and still made the playoffs.
goldenokiebear
GRRAAH;842836231 said:

11-12 looks a lot better than 8-15 with no hope.

Gotta love the smack talk 23 games into a 162 game season. IMO it's best to wait 40-50 games into the season before making judgment.
TheSouseFamily
goldenokiebear;842836482 said:

Gotta love the smack talk 23 games into a 162 game season. IMO it's best to wait 40-50 games into the season before making judgment.

Are you crazy? What would be the fun in that?
Unit2Sucks
ducky23;842836469 said:

I think it's pretty silly to start writing off the season a month into it. Giants had plenty months this bad last year and still made the playoffs.

You've forced my hand.

Quote:

Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game!
-Jim Mora
GRRAAH
goldenokiebear;842836482 said:

Mr. NYC and I go back aways. He texted me at 1:30 am the day before after Giant win so a little smack back is appropriate fun anytime in this nearly 5 year long thread IMO!
NYCGOBEARS
GRRAAH;842836561 said:

Mr. NYC and I go back aways. He texted me at 1:30 am the day before after Giant win so a little smack back is appropriate fun anytime in this nearly 5 year long thread IMO!

Ah crap... you've made me agree with you in this thread!
GRRAAH
NYCGOBEARS;842836563 said:

Ah crap... you've made me agree with you in this thread!

Oh my. Will the sun come up tomorrow? Hear it's a nice warm one there today you lucky stiff.
NYCGOBEARS
GRRAAH;842836564 said:

Oh my. Will the sun come up tomorrow? Hear it's a nice warm one there today you lucky stiff.

Beautiful today. Currently having sushi al fresco. It's nice. Been a long winter.
goldenokiebear
GRRAAH;842836561 said:

Well then, smack is in order! Both directions.
GB54
Bring Sandoval back!
GMP
GB54;842836603 said:

Bring Sandoval back!

We've got Arroyo now, thanks.
GRRAAH
Epic comeback tonight! Back-to-back-to-back HRs on 4 pitches ties game in 9th...and they win later in same inning 6-5!

Go Blue!!
bonsallbear
Good to see this thread thriving. To the legions of Dodger fans ------GO BLUE!!
KoreAmBear
bonsallbear;842836925 said:

Good to see this thread thriving. To the legions of Dodger fans ------GO BLUE!!

Best thread ever when we're winning.
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;842836998 said:

Best thread ever when we're winning.

29 years and counting....
KoreAmBear
NYCGOBEARS;842836999 said:

29 years and counting....

9-17 bruh.
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;842837000 said:

9-17 bruh.

Yep, lost year but most of those guys have a lot of jewelry.
KoreAmBear
NYCGOBEARS;842837004 said:

Yep, lost year but most of those guys have a lot of jewelry.

Giving up on the season already bruh?
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;842837007 said:

Giving up on the season already bruh?

Not just yet but it's been tough to follow thus far.
sycasey
NYCGOBEARS;842837009 said:

Not just yet but it's been tough to follow thus far.

Worst record in the league and no Bumgarner? Hard to see how this turns around into a playoff berth.
philbert
Hey! They beat Kershaw tonight!
GMP
philbert;842837274 said:

Hey! They beat Kershaw tonight!

http://www.mccoveychronicles.com/2017/5/2/15518688/sf-giants-dodgers-trolling-level-up

bonsallbear
Looks like Dodgers and Giants heading in different directions
rathokan
that's pretty funny
rathokan
that Bellinger kid... no way they can send him back down the way he's playing... esp w/ Toles getting hurt.
bonsallbear
Just checking in to see if there are any Giant fans around. Take heart, there's always June Swoon just around the corner.
rathokan
Alex Wood doe
GRRAAH
bonsallbear;842842075 said:

Just checking in to see if there are any Giant fans around. Take heart, there's always June Swoon just around the corner.

Their season was over in April. As it should be.
First Page Last Page
Page 80 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.