Hey Dodgers Fans

995,881 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by Big C
GinFizzBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GinFizzBear;842173530 said:

OK haters, I am calling my shot. Dodgers, 2013 World Series Champions. Head to Vegas. You can thank me later.

I am not wrong yet! Unlike grandmastapoop who called for an ATL win. :newnana:

Go Dodgers! The perfect balm for my Golden Bear pain.
BeggarEd
Lol... Congrats to the Dodgers (suppressing puke in my mouth) and to Juan Uribe as well for persevering through some terrible seasons in LA and having a signature moment for himself. Reminds me of Edgar Renteria with the Giants in 2010 a little bit.
sycasey
BeggarEd;842193662 said:

Lol... Congrats to the Dodgers (suppressing puke in my mouth) and to Juan Uribe as well for persevering through some terrible seasons in LA and having a signature moment for himself. Reminds me of Edgar Renteria with the Giants in 2010 a little bit.

I remember when Uribe used to hit big home runs for us.

(Though I wouldn't have wanted the Giants to pay that much money for a couple of crappy seasons before finally getting a good one.)

The Braves have now lost 7 first-round playoff series in a row. Astonishing. Between this and the Falcons game I think Atlanta fans were about ready to hang themselves last night.
GMP
GinFizzBear;842193655 said:

I am not wrong yet! Unlike grandmastapoop who called for an ATL win. :newnana:

Go Dodgers! The perfect balm for my Golden Bear pain.

That's not what I said at all.

"Dodgers will be tough to beat with that rotation. Although they've struggled a bit heading into the postseason, I'm not a big believer in momentum heading into the playoffs. But the NL is ridiculously tough with LAD, STL and ATL all legit. I think I'm going to say Braves in the NL, and then Braves over Red Sox in the WS."

I "think" I'm going to say that. Later in the thread I said, "I am rethinking my choice and might pick StL."

My official choice, though I didn't post it here, is StL over Boston, but I'm rooting hard for Pittsburgh and Oakland right now, so I hope I am wrong.

Btw, Mattingly sure did get lucky last night. The decision to go to Kershaw on 3 days rest, after he threw about 130 pitches in his previous start, nearly backfired. The Braves got to him a little bit and knocked him out of the game relatively early. If they'd have gone to Kimbrel in the 8th and held on for the win, the Dodgers would be kicking themselves for a long time if the Braves won in Game 5. I still don't like the call, as Kershawn can't go in Game 1 of the NLCS.
GMP
sycasey;842193673 said:

I remember when Uribe used to hit big home runs for us.

(Though I wouldn't have wanted the Giants to pay that much money for a couple of crappy seasons before finally getting a good one.)

The Braves have now lost 7 first-round playoff series in a row. Astonishing. Between this and the Falcons game I think Atlanta fans were about ready to hang themselves last night.

And now Julio Jones out for the year, it looks like. Yikes.
calumnus
56 years ago today, Dodgers owner Walter O'Mally sent this telegram to one of my uncles:

BeggarEd
grandmastapoop;842193688 said:

I'm sure they'll be just fine with "Matty Ice" at the helm... :rolleyes:
GB54
grandmastapoop;842193687 said:

Btw, Mattingly sure did get lucky last night. The decision to go to Kershaw on 3 days rest, after he threw about 130 pitches in his previous start, nearly backfired. The Braves got to him a little bit and knocked him out of the game relatively early. If they'd have gone to Kimbrel in the 8th and held on for the win, the Dodgers would be kicking themselves for a long time if the Braves won in Game 5. I still don't like the call, as Kershawn can't go in Game 1 of the NLCS.

I liked the call. Kershaw vs Freddy Garcia at home is the best thing you could ask for plus you have Greinke in the hole. Start Ricky P and your chances of going back to Atlanta increase greatly. Kershaw gave them seven innings of three hit ball with no earned runs so the rest was no big factor and you have Greinke and Kershaw left as 1-2 in the next series
sycasey
grandmastapoop;842193688 said:

This is bad for my fantasy team.

Nightmare season for the Falcons. Their defense stinks, they can't run the ball, and now it appears their two best WRs are hurt. Matt Ryan can't do it all by himself.
sycasey

He also got a bit lucky that Uribe couldn't lay down the bunt, which was not the best idea at that point the game or the series (if it was tied, then I'd say you play for 1 run, down a run you play for 2, plus the Dodgers still have another game if they don't win this one).
sycasey
GB54;842193717 said:

I liked the call. Kershaw vs Freddy Garcia at home is the best thing you could ask for plus you have Greinke in the hole. Start Ricky P and your chances of going back to Atlanta increase greatly. Kershaw gave them seven innings of three hit ball with no earned runs so the rest was no big factor and you have Greinke and Kershaw left as 1-2 in the next series

Yeah but Greinke has a history of being mentally fragile -- not sure I trust him in a do-or-die game on the road.
BeggarEd
sycasey;842193725 said:

This is bad for my fantasy team.

Nightmare season for the Falcons. Their defense stinks, they can't run the ball, and now it appears their two best WRs are hurt. Matt Ryan can't do it all by himself.

GB54
sycasey;842193730 said:

Yeah but Greinke has a history of being mentally fragile -- not sure I trust him in a do-or-die game on the road.

If I'm Mattingly I'd still want my two best pitchers throwing in a double elimination situation.
GMP
sycasey;842193727 said:

He also got a bit lucky that Uribe couldn't lay down the bunt, which was not the best idea at that point the game or the series (if it was tied, then I'd say you play for 1 run, down a run you play for 2, plus the Dodgers still have another game if they don't win this one).

Ah yes, I forgot to mention that one.

This always cracked me up and I thought of it last night:

Bear_Elegance
ROFL!!!!! Good joke! Haven't chuckled aloud at my computer in a while.

:rollinglaugh:

Adrian The Cal Bear;841904132 said:

Vogelsong > Kershaw
GinFizzBear

That's not what I said at all.

"Dodgers will be tough to beat with that rotation. Although they've struggled a bit heading into the postseason, I'm not a big believer in momentum heading into the playoffs. But the NL is ridiculously tough with LAD, STL and ATL all legit. I think I'm going to say Braves in the NL, and then Braves over Red Sox in the WS."

I "think" I'm going to say that. Later in the thread I said, "I am rethinking my choice and might pick StL."

My official choice, though I didn't post it here, is StL over Boston, but I'm rooting hard for Pittsburgh and Oakland right now, so I hope I am wrong.

I did not see your 'rethinking' post. I just remembered the first post, which mentioned Atlanta. As far the "I think", well this isn't a legal document and I'm not parsing words.

However, you did not pick ATL, as I had asserted. Pardon my confusion. You are excused from watching my dancing banana.
GB54
Some serious managing going on in these playoffs even in the AL. Leyland brings in Sherzer watches him get hit then leaves him in with the bases loaded and nobody out and he comes through. Madden uses his whole bull pen and has his starter in the fifth game-David Price-warming up in the ninth and manages to keep his team in the game through 9. Fun stuff.
rathokan
would like to see that Price guy in a Dodgers uni next year!
beelzebear
YuSeeBerkeley
Good luck to the A's. If the Dodgers are fortunate enough to make it to the World Series it would be nice to see either the Red Sox, which would probably garner the most attention, or the A's in a rematch of the 1988 World Series.
KoreAmBear
BeggarEd;842193736 said:

That looked like most Cal fans during the second half of the Wazzu game.
2ndTrumpetBear
NYCGOBEARS
2ndtrumpetbear;842195391 said:

noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GRRAAH
NYCGOBEARS;842195569 said:

noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truly, one of the most gorgeous visual posts ever shown here (babe threads not withstanding).

[COLOR="Blue"]GO DODGERS!!![/COLOR]
NYCGOBEARS
GRRAAH;842195570 said:

Truly, one of the most gorgeous visual posts ever shown here (babe threads not withstanding).

You guys aren't Berkeley enough...
beelzebear
NYCGOBEARS;842195574 said:

You guys aren't Berkeley enough...

Jeff Kent is...and I know you Giants fans hate that guy.

:cheer
beelzebear
Uribe! Wasn't he a Giant at one point?
86Oski
beelzebear;842195577 said:

Uribe! Wasn't he a Giant at one point?

Yes, as was Beltran!
2ndTrumpetBear
GRRAAH;842195570 said:

:acclaim:
GB54
prospeCt

:Monty
BowDowntoWashington
Which one of you is the Dodgers rally bear?

https://instagr.am/p/feMLUiPoPM
beelzebear
Did any of you see who threw out the first pitch for today's game?

Cey - Garvey - Smith - Baker, the guys who each hit 30 HRs in the '77 season. That was one hell of a team.

Great call by the Dodgers, woke up the bats.

beelzebear

Video: Baker, Cey, Garvey, Smith (the 4x 30 HR club) throw out the first pitch
2ndTrumpetBear
beelzebear;842198568 said:

beelzebear;842198880 said:

Nice detail having the current video board mimic-ing its '70s-era low-resolution predecessor. Go Dodgers!
First Page Last Page
Page 30 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.