Hey Dodgers Fans

983,256 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by MiZery
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
grandmastapoop;842314667 said:

Man, I sure wish the Giants could play the Dodgers EVERY game.

+ muthafukin 1
NYCGOBEARS
ducky23;842314680 said:

I have an honest question for dodger fans.

Is puig worth it?

Dodgers have an unlimited payroll. Can sign whoever they want. Could probably find someone maybe not quite as talented but probably someone less of a headache.

The dodgers clubhouse is pretty solid with guys like kershaw, greinke, kemp etc. but one or two bad apples can cause a lot of distractions. Not saying that's what's happening right now, just don't see why you'd take a risk with puig when you could just buy any other right fielder.

Puig on paper has all the skills to be a superstar. He is worth the risk to them. Too bad the Puig in real life is a narcissistic juvenile that has yet to or may never reach that potential because of it.
NYCGOBEARS
grandmastapoop;842314688 said:

They're a bit busy right now.

(Language NSFW)

Made my morning. Thanks.
oski003
ducky23;842314680 said:

I have an honest question for dodger fans.

Is puig worth it?

Dodgers have an unlimited payroll. Can sign whoever they want. Could probably find someone maybe not quite as talented but probably someone less of a headache.

The dodgers clubhouse is pretty solid with guys like kershaw, greinke, kemp etc. but one or two bad apples can cause a lot of distractions. Not saying that's what's happening right now, just don't see why you'd take a risk with puig when you could just buy any other right fielder.

Stupid comment. Dodgers would have Cano if this were true.
NYCGOBEARS
oski003;842314714 said:

Stupid comment. Dodgers would have Cano if this were true.

If you were at a Cal function and Ducky asked you this question, would you tell him to his face that his comment was stupid?
oski003
No, I'd probably avoid him.
oski003
This should probably go to off topic anyway

I'm not sure what professional baseball has to do with Cal football outside of the fact that a lot of Cal fans like the Giants. News flash, a lot like the Dodgers too.
Cal Panda Bear
oski003;842314728 said:

I'm not sure what professional baseball has to do with Cal football outside of the fact that a lot of Cal fans like the Giants. News flash, a lot like the Dodgers too.

And that's why we have this thread. It's offseason so what else we going to talk about. It's fun interacting with Dodger fans... Especially since the Giants are straight up destroying you

Beat LA. Keep the Dodger hating Thread Alive ;-)
GB54
oski003;842314728 said:

No way. This thread runs until one of the two win the series
GB54
NYCGOBEARS;842314724 said:

If you were at a Cal function and Ducky asked you this question, would you tell him to his face that his comment was stupid?

No, you challenge him to a duel. We're gentlemen here, not animals
Unit2Sucks
NYCGOBEARS;842314707 said:

Puig on paper has all the skills to be a superstar. He is worth the risk to them. Too bad the Puig in real life is a narcissistic juvenile that has yet to or may never reach that potential because of it.

Puig's had a rough life in Cuba and has gone through stuff most of us will never get close to. Easy to judge him, but do you think you'd do differently in his shoes? I wasn't mature at 23 and didn't his harrowing experience or millions in the bank. May not justify or excuse his behavior for some but it certainly shouldn't come as a surprise, even if countless others have handled the transition better.

Unfortunately for Dodgers fans, you're right that he may never reach that potential or if he does it will be with another team after his initial contract. We might be saying the same things about Cespedes. With all his talent he still hasn't really put it together the way some had hoped and they're now more than halfway through is 4 year deal. Wouldn't be surprised if the A's trade Cespy before the deadline this year because they likely won't be able to re-sign him and will get more for him now than if they trade him as a rental next July.
ducky23
oski003;842314725 said:

Can you explain why it was such a stupid question?

Puig obviously has upside, but as of now, hes just an above average player. Last year his war was 4.0 (albeit not a full year) and this year it's 1.3 (albeit short sample size). For comparison, pence's war for same period of time is 5.4 and 1.1. Pence is a nice player and all, but he's merely above avg in my mind.

I'm not sure even puigs teammates are all that fond with his antics. From last night: "Honestly, I think Puig overreacted a little bit. I don't know," Dodgers teammate Scott Van Slyke said. "He felt like he had an unfair pitch thrown to him the previous time up, and then he acted like he got him back. But Puig's an emotional guy. Some people just have that fire in them when they play, and it comes out sometimes. I wouldn't necessarily say that it's wrong or right. It's just that there's lots of different personalities in the world, and you've just got to learn to deal with them." Learn to deal with them is not a ringing endorsement. You also have to consider that all of his teammates can't be thrilled that they all become retaliation targets anytime puig does something stupid.
Not to mention that at the very least, his teammates have to answer questions about puig any time he does something questionable.

Then yesterday mattingly calls a closed door meeting because he's "dissatisfied with some of his players pregame work and readiness for the games." Was this directed at puig? Who knows. But puig is the only player I've heard of who was late for opening day.

The dodgers have way too much talent to be behind the giants by 4.5 games. The dodgers look lifeless out there. Is that because of bad clubhouse chemistry? Who knows. Is puig partly to blame? Who knows.

Is it legitimate to at least ask the question?

Apparently not.
GMP
GB54;842314733 said:

No way. This thread runs until one of the two win the series

It should have ended in October 2012, then.
NYCGOBEARS
oski003;842314725 said:

I do appreciate the honest answer.
oski003
ducky23;842314739 said:

Can you explain why it was such a stupid question?

Puig obviously has upside, but as of now, hes just an above average player. Last year his war was 4.0 (albeit not a full year) and this year it's 1.3 (albeit short sample size). For comparison, pence's war for same period of time is 5.4 and 1.1. Pence is a nice player and all, but he's merely above avg in my mind.

I'm not sure even puigs teammates are all that fond with his antics. From last night: "Honestly, I think Puig overreacted a little bit. I don't know," Dodgers teammate Scott Van Slyke said. "He felt like he had an unfair pitch thrown to him the previous time up, and then he acted like he got him back. But Puig's an emotional guy. Some people just have that fire in them when they play, and it comes out sometimes. I wouldn't necessarily say that it's wrong or right. It's just that there's lots of different personalities in the world, and you've just got to learn to deal with them." Learn to deal with them is not a ringing endorsement. You also have to consider that all of his teammates can't be thrilled that they all become retaliation targets anytime puig does something stupid.
Not to mention that at the very least, his teammates have to answer questions about puig any time he does something questionable.

Then yesterday mattingly calls a closed door meeting because he's "dissatisfied with some of his players pregame work and readiness for the games." Was this directed at puig? Who knows. But puig is the only player I've heard of who was late for opening day.

The dodgers have way too much talent to be behind the giants by 4.5 games. The dodgers look lifeless out there. Is that because of bad clubhouse chemistry? Who knows. Is puig partly to blame? Who knows.

Is it legitimate to at least ask the question?

Apparently not.

Just the part about unlimited payroll...
ducky23
oski003;842314794 said:

Just the part about unlimited payroll...

Lol. You're going to get your panties in a bunch because of that?

Ok I apologize. Let me rephrase then.

The dodgers have the highest payroll in the history of mlb. It's nearly 30 million more than the Yankees. And their payroll triples or even quadruples the payroll of other teams. While the payroll is not unlimited, it seems that the dodgers could afford an above average rf with less baggage than puig.

There. Can we be friends now?
oski003
ducky23;842314798 said:

Lol. You're going to get your panties in a bunch because of that?

Ok I apologize. Let me rephrase then.

The dodgers have the highest payroll in the history of mlb. It's nearly 30 million more than the Yankees. And their payroll triples or even quadruples the payroll of other teams. While the payroll is not unlimited, it seems that the dodgers could afford an above average rf with less baggage than puig.

There. Can we be friends now?

Huge difference between unlimited payroll and highest payroll. It's high. They have an advantage. Like the giants, their payrolls triples other teams. Unlike the giants, it is almost 5x the lowest team.

What they need is a catcher. Their starting catcher since AJ went down is batting like .185.

They also need to tighten up the ship. Puig is not the problem. He produces.
beelzebear
glb78;842314702 said:

http://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/madison-bumgarner-yasiel-puig-home-run-video/228848

[SIZE="3"]"What's the matter bro, did that homer hurt your fweelings?"[/SIZE]
rathokan
oski003;842314803 said:

Huge difference between unlimited payroll and highest payroll. It's high. They have an advantage. Like the giants, their payrolls triples other teams. Unlike the giants, it is almost 5x the lowest team.

What they need is a catcher. Their starting catcher since AJ went down is batting like .185.

They also need to tighten up the ship. Puig is not the problem. He produces.

they need to fix the bullpen too... puig is the least of their problems
NYCGOBEARS
Fight, bitches! Go cray!!! Beat LA!
NYCGOBEARS
Ownage! Dodgers are our little bitches... Chavez Latrine is our second home... Ghetto home.
Cal Panda Bear
Hudson > Kershaw ;-)
manus
Romo was missing his targets, so why didn't Righetti come out and help him out?

Glad the Gigantes won and Sandoval finally produced.

If Sandoval can get his hitting mojo back, the Giants could go a lon-n-ng-g-g-g way!
79 Bear
Was asking myself, as a Giants fan, the same question about Puig (i.e., If the Giants had the chance would I want them to sign him?). Puig is an immense talent. Sure he comes with a cost but I think he is in the right place in LA. I disagree that the Dodgers have a good clubhouse. They have a lot of highly paid, underachieving stars/primadonnas (e.g. Hanley Ramirez, Brian Wilson) to go along with their solid guys. It's a circus, which is why Puig is fine there. The Dodgers already have a lot of celebrities on the field and in the owners' box so the media attention is not really going to faze them much.

In addition, Puig (.318 BA) and Dee Gordon (.331 BA) are the two offensive players who are pulling their weight, and at $3.7 million Puig is a huge bargain. Compare him with Carl Crawford, Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier (all of whom are batting about
.250 and earning $15-21+ million) and I guarantee you Mattingly is glad to have him. Not to mention the fact that Puig has a Clemente-like arm. It's amazing and runners dare not challenge it. I saw him last year throw out a guy at 3rd on a fly from deep right field. The only problem was that the umpire called the guy safe (even though replay showed he was out), probably because he couldn't believe anyone could execute such a throw.

So, back to your question and mine to myself. I would think that the Dodgers are very glad to have Puig. Their show is already a media circus so he fits in and although he adds to that he brings huge talent to the field. If I were the Giants I probably would also take a chance on Puig, even though the Giants have one of the best clubhouses I can think of and he can disrupt that. With Bochy, Mays, Posey and others around to try to teach the young colt how to be a professional he could be worth the risk. Still, it's a close call since the Giants win as a team and chemistry is a huge part of that. They didn't do as well with Bonds and did not want Melky back because of the baggage those guys brought with them so they would be wary of a guy like Puig. Still, you don't find players like him very often and if you can settle him down he will pay huge dividends.
sycasey
Giants have gone 5-2 in Dodger stadium this year.

NYCGOBEARS
'Sup Doyers fans?
BeggarEd
NYCGOBEARS;842320829 said:

'Sup Doyers fans?

Giants June schedule is pretty favorable too. I'd like to see them keep putting distance between them and The Fighting Puigs as they will go on a run eventually here.

Good times to be a Giants fan though!
NYCGOBEARS
BeggarEd;842320894 said:

Giants June schedule is pretty favorable too. I'd like to see them keep putting distance between them and The Fighting Puigs as they will go on a run eventually here.

Good times to be a Giants fan though!

Agreed. No letting up on the pedal.
86Oski

'Sup Doyers fans?

They're currently at $120 million of payroll per game over .500.
sycasey

'Sup Doyers fans?

Oh man, do not tempt the Baseball Gods.
NYCGOBEARS
sycasey;842320943 said:

Oh man, do not tempt the Baseball Gods.

Uh oh!
NYCGOBEARS
'Sup???
sycasey
GRRAAH;842307545 said:

3 in a row...guess the Giants have chosen to fade in April instead of June this year...

Well, apparently not.
86Oski
NYCGOBEARS;842322332 said:

'Sup???

Crickets.
NYCGOBEARS
86Oski;842322347 said:

Crickets.

Yep. All that cable $ going the the highest payroll in baseball and a large part of the LA market can't even see the games. Perfect, ain't it? Hehehe.
First Page Last Page
Page 39 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.