Hey Dodgers Fans

983,149 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by MiZery
86Oski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS;842322348 said:

Yep. All that cable $ going the the highest payroll in baseball and a large part of the LA market can't even see the games. Perfect, ain't it? Hehehe.

Judging from this thread the last few weeks, the Dodgers' cable deal has also deprived the team's fans of all internet access. I wonder if they miss Bear Insider.
Irishbear
EchoOfSilence;841904135 said:

Eat one.

Mature attitude. Brian Stow would love it. It's a game, girlfriend.
KoreAmBear
86Oski;842322359 said:

Judging from this thread the last few weeks, the Dodgers' cable deal has also deprived the team's fans of all internet access. I wonder if they miss Bear Insider.

Funny but I get Time Warner (due to another meltdown situation with DirecTV because of Pac-12 Network), so I get Dodgers 24/7 on Sports Net L.A in Hawaii whereas my friends in LA can't see the Doyers on the daily basis. Man, Time Warner has struck out twice thus far with the Laker and Dodger packages.

I wonder when DirecTV is going to cave? They seem to be very high-brow about this. I figure they think whatever subscribers they have lost due to channels like SNLA or Pac-12 Network, they are still in great shape due to their exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket package. Football is king in the U.S.
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;842322372 said:

Funny but I get Time Warner (due to another meltdown situation with DirecTV because of Pac-12 Network), so I get Dodgers 24/7 on Sports Net L.A in Hawaii whereas my friends in LA can't see the Doyers on the daily basis. Man, Time Warner has struck out twice thus far with the Laker and Dodger packages.

I wonder when DirecTV is going to cave? They seem to be very high-brow about this. I figure they think whatever subscribers they have lost due to channels like SNLA or Pac-12 Network, they are still in great shape due to their exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket package. Football is king in the U.S.

Honestly, I don't know why Dodgers fans aren't rioting in the streets. They are missing Vin's last year. Smh...
KoreAmBear
NYCGOBEARS;842322382 said:

Honestly, I don't know why Dodgers fans aren't rioting in the streets. They are missing Vin's last year. Smh...

They are ... kind of. Every TWC/SNLA post about the Dodgers on FB has at least 20 comments with a picture of the TV with static or asking that they sure wish they could see the game, but they can't. Plus I hear that LA fans who subscribe to mlb.tv get Dodger games blacked out. How is that for greedy, Bud Selig? Blackouts are so 70s MNF. Some LA fans literally cannot see a Dodger game on TV or even on the internets, even if they wanted to pay for it -- unless they go to the game. Bud's real restrictive TV policy is just lame. Why would you want to risk losing a generation of Dodger baseball fans (esp. impressionable youth who will be your client base for decades) after cashing that TWC check? They're shooting themselves in the foot.
NYCGOBEARS
Say hey! Whadda you say?
bar20
KoreAmBear;842322387 said:

They are ... kind of. Every TWC/SNLA post about the Dodgers on FB has at least 20 comments with a picture of the TV with static or asking that they sure wish they could see the game, but they can't. Plus I hear that LA fans who subscribe to mlb.tv get Dodger games blacked out. How is that for greedy, Bud Selig? Blackouts are so 70s MNF. Some LA fans literally cannot see a Dodger game on TV or even on the internets, even if they wanted to pay for it -- unless they go to the game. Bud's real restrictive TV policy is just lame. Why would you want to risk losing a generation of Dodger baseball fans (esp. impressionable youth who will be your client base for decades) after cashing that TWC check? They're shooting themselves in the foot.

However they do get to watch the LA Sparks of the WNBA.
GRRAAH
sycasey;842322336 said:

Well, apparently not.

You are correct. ..June it is...again!

Swoon on Gnats!!
beelzebear
It's a long freakin' season. I think the Dodgers catch the Giants by the All-star break.

Nothing like opposite directions. Dodgers are 7-3 in the last 10, Giants are 3-7.
NYCGOBEARS
Two words. Donny Baseball.
GB54
"Giants is dead."

Charlie Dressen, 1951
sycasey
NYCGOBEARS;842325806 said:

Two words. Donny Baseball.

I warned you about the early crowing . . .
NYCGOBEARS
sycasey;842325809 said:

I warned you about the early crowing . . .

Believe me, what you or I say and do will have zero effect on how well the Giants or Dodgers play.
sycasey
NYCGOBEARS;842325810 said:

Believe me, what you or I say and do will have zero effect on how well the Giants or Dodgers play.

The Baseball Gods will not be pleased with this.
KoreAmBear
sycasey;842325815 said:

The Baseball Gods will not be pleased with this.

Long season. Longer thread. There will be much more up and downs for both the Doyers and Gigantes the rest of the way. I'm kind of excited about the Royals' resurgence. They haven't been to the playoffs since George Brett. Also the Blue Jays too -- they haven't been to the playoffs since Joe Carter.
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;842325819 said:

Long season. Longer thread. There will be much more up and downs for both the Doyers and Gigantes the rest of the way. I'm kind of excited about the Royals' resurgence. They haven't been to the playoffs since George Brett. Also the Blue Jays too -- they haven't been to the playoffs since Joe Carter.

+1
sycasey
KoreAmBear;842325819 said:

Long season. Longer thread. There will be much more up and downs for both the Doyers and Gigantes the rest of the way.

Well, yes. But still, the Baseball Gods . . .
KoreAmBear
sycasey;842325842 said:

Well, yes. But still, the Baseball Gods . . .

I don't believe in the Baseball Gods. If so, they would never allow sportswriters to determine who is in the Hall of Fame.
sycasey
KoreAmBear;842325879 said:

I don't believe in the Baseball Gods. If so, they would never allow sportswriters to determine who is in the Hall of Fame.

They are capricious and vengeful, like the Old Testment God.
GB54

Do you believe in Satan?
NYCGOBEARS
GB54;842325894 said:

Do you believe in Satan?

Yes, he is Tommy LaSorda.
beelzebear
NYCGOBEARS;842325896 said:

Yes, he is Tommy LaSorda.

You TALKING to me?
NYCGOBEARS
beelzebear;842325910 said:

You TALKING to me?

Beelzebub, thy name is foul mouthed, fat assed Tommy LaSorda.
1979bear

No writer should have been entitled to vote on Ted Williams' admission. Ted was a Baseball God. The writers a bunch of broken bats.
GRRAAH
Clayton CY Kershaw with a NO HITTER!!! WHAT A BONANZA! !
bonsallbear
Damn that Hanley Ramirez. Screwed up Clayton's perfect game. 15 Ks with 107 pitches. I think Kershaw > Vogelsong. What say you Giant fans?
GRRAAH
Adrian The Cal Bear;841904132 said:

Vogelsong > Kershaw

Not tonight.
BowDowntoWashington
No no for Kershaw and we are witnessing regression toward the mean with the Giants. Beautiful.
sycasey
Kershaw is amazing. Wish he didn't play for the Dodgers.

(Though he is on my roto team, so thanks for the stats boost, Clayton!)
86Oski
Kershaw is great...he'd easily be my top pick for a starting pitcher if I were starting a team. I'm not liking June much...is it July yet?
YuSeeBerkeley
I had to listen to it on the radio because I can't get TWC. I had no idea MLB.com was doing a live look in, but I did catch the highlight clip of all 27 outs called by Vin Scully. It's been a pretty frustrating year so far for a number of reasons, but things are looking brighter these days. What a performance.
bonsallbear
Yasiel continues to amaze / Kemp is starting to hit / Hanley is back in the lineup / and the subs are doing well / and Gordon at 2nd has been a big surprise. Race between Giants and Dodgers could go into September.
beelzebear
Like I said, I think the Dodgers catch the Giants by the All-star break.

Hope for a dogfight.
KoreAmBear
sycasey;842326077 said:

Kershaw is amazing. Wish he didn't play for the Dodgers.

(Though he is on my roto team, so thanks for the stats boost, Clayton!)

This monster thread (before there was a monster class thread) started off with Vogelsong > Kershaw. So much for that.

That really is a good stat boost. WHIP of 0 is pretty sweet.

It's still going to be a dogfight and I think the 2nd place finisher will get one of the wild card slots. I hate that 1 game playoff thing though.
YuSeeBerkeley
KoreAmBear;842326149 said:

This monster thread (before there was a monster class thread) started off with Vogelsong > Kershaw. So much for that.

That really is a good stat boost. WHIP of 0 is pretty sweet.

It's still going to be a dogfight and I think the 2nd place finisher will get one of the wild card slots. I hate that 1 game playoff thing though.

The way I look at it as a Dodgers fan is bring it on if that's where we end up. Division win is obviously preferable, but a one game playoff with Kershaw on the mound? I'll take that. The argument against it is that it takes away your ace from pitching game 1 of the next series, but our starters are so stacked, it really doesn't matter. We'd still have Greinke, Ryu, and Beckett ready to go. I don't care who we're going up against, they'll matchup well and keep us in the game.
First Page Last Page
Page 40 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.