Hey Dodgers Fans

983,352 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by MiZery
YuSeeBerkeley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any chance Kershaw gets both the Cy Young and MVP? Pretty remarkable that it's even a discussion given how he missed about a month of the season.
TheSouseFamily
KoreAmBear;842341741 said:

Dodgers are elite on the front end (Kersh, Greinke, Ryu), but then very average in the bully except for the closer and at the back end of the rotation. Hanley has been injured all season and even when somewhat healthy not incredibly productive. Good thing that Gonzo is starting to heat up again, as he has had one of his worst average years in his career (I think caught up with Stanton for #1 RBI though). The Doyer offense shuts down quite often though. I think if they make it, they will be fine in the playoffs due to the front end of the rotation. They need that 4th guy to be solid though as what killed them last year was Ricky Nolasco (he sucked in Sept and the playoffs) so Doyers had to burn Kersh more than they would have liked.

I'm a little worried about Greinke. He hasn't been sharp lately at all and far from dominant like he was earlier in the year. Hanley going down is an obvious problem and I'm hoping it's just for the 15 days and not the whole season. Obliques usually take a month. And I'm still worried about the total lack of production from the catchers. Not pretty there. So I'm optimistic but still a little worried.
KoreAmBear
TheSouseFamily;842341757 said:

I'm a little worried about Greinke. He hasn't been sharp lately at all and far from dominant like he was earlier in the year. Hanley going down is an obvious problem and I'm hoping it's just for the 15 days and not the whole season. Obliques usually take a month. And I'm still worried about the total lack of production from the catchers. Not pretty there. So I'm optimistic but still a little worried.

Yah well most teams wish that they had the Dodger problems for sure. Yes, Greinke has been erratic lately, esp. in the earlier innings (and then usually settles in). But he was kind of like that last year, but finished the season and the playoffs strong. Hopefully AJ Ellis hitting a HR and almost hitting another one yesterday is a sign of things to come.
bonsallbear
KoreAmBear;842341796 said:

Yah well most teams wish that they had the Dodger problems for sure. Yes, Greinke has been erratic lately, esp. in the earlier innings (and then usually settles in). But he was kind of like that last year, but finished the season and the playoffs strong. Hopefully AJ Ellis hitting a HR and almost hitting another one yesterday is a sign of things to come.

Looks like Dan Haren is back to form. And it looks like corriea is going to be moved to middle relief. And the Giants are now six games back. They may be in danger of missing the wild-card spot.
rathokan
I thought Dan Haren was done... he had gone on an 0-5 streak with an ERA around 10... then these two performances. I feel like the Dodgers have addressed their fourth starter issue w/ either Dan Haren rounding back into form and/or one of the two traded-for starters plugging a hole. Then if one or both can provide some middle relief, it would go a long way toward solidifying everything on the pitching side of things.

I enjoyed watching Darwin Barney tonight... what a great name.
Cal Panda Bear
gb54;842341748 said:

adrian and a couple of the guys on telegraph.

lol...yup.
NYCGOBEARS
Hey Graahh, we're coming...
NYCGOBEARS
Here we go! Beat LA!!
beelzebear
I like the Kershaw is closing the series. Split the first 2...take the final. Go BLUE!
1979bear
Two words about the National pastime: Clayton Kershaw. Enough said.
NYCGOBEARS
beelzebear;842357725 said:

I like the Kershaw is closing the series. Split the first 2...take the final. Go BLUE!

With the way both teams are playing, it's gonna be an epic finish.
GRRAAH
nyc...You're gonna regret this in person, and on BI!

GO DODGERS...GO SEAHAWKS
NYCGOBEARS
GRRAAH;842357741 said:

nyc...You're gonna regret this in person, and on BI!

GO DODGERS...GO SEAHAWKS

You have pissed off the Woofing Gods. I have all 3,462 pro Doyers and SeaChickens antagonistic texts to me to prove it. You shall leave my company this weekend sad. Don't worry. Arnold Palmers to sooth your pain are on me. See you Saturday. Go Giants! Beat LA!
BerkeleyBear
I have a good friend who grew up in the suburbs of Los Angeles and was an L.A. Dodgers fan during the days of Drysdale and Koufax, but luckily for him 35 plus years of living in the Bay Area has cured him of that malady.

I doubt there are many sports fan who grew up in the Bay Area, especially during the quarter century directly after World War II, who weren't raised to dislike the Rams, Dodgers, Lakers, USC, and UCLA. It was simply a Bay Area sports fan's way of life.
KoreAmBear
BerkeleyBear;842358122 said:

I have a good friend who grew up in the suburbs of Los Angeles and was an L.A. Dodgers fan during the days of Drysdale and Koufax, but luckily for him 35 plus years of living in the Bay Area has cured him of that malady.

I doubt there are many sports fan who grew up in the Bay Area, especially during the quarter century directly after World War II, who weren't raised to dislike the Rams, Dodgers, Lakers, USC, and UCLA. It was simply a Bay Area sports fan's way of life.

Again, the hate goes one-way: south. I was shocked when I got up to Cal (after growing up in L.A.) that there were Honda "green" commercials that took a jab at L.A. people. Well, shocked may be too strong a word. More like surprised. I think it's an old money, new money thing. Seriously, L.A. peeps don't think about the Bay area people at all. They do appreciate the city, however.
tydog
KoreAmBear;842358148 said:

Again, the hate goes one-way: south. I was shocked when I got up to Cal (after growing up in L.A.) that there were Honda "green" commercials that took a jab at L.A. people. Well, shocked may be too strong a word. More like surprised. I think it's an old money, new money thing. Seriously, L.A. peeps don't think about the Bay area people at all. They do appreciate the city, however.

Speaking of "green," what the heck happened to the A's? Not that I'm complaining as my Halos have been the major beneficiary of their collapse.
NYCGOBEARS

LA stole SF's limelight. F em.
KoreAmBear
NYCGOBEARS;842358169 said:

LA stole SF's limelight. F em.

Yup the "new" Asians in the 70s were Koreans. We all went there. :P
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;842358175 said:

Yup the "new" Asians in the 70s were Koreans. We all went there. :P

Not all... :p
sycasey

Yes, my experience is that Bay Area people tend to dislike L.A. in general, but L.A. people don't generally dislike the Bay Area.

Dodger fans, however, legitimately do hate the Giants (as it should be).
BerkeleyBear
Some of the dislike that Bay Area natives have toward Southern California likely stems from the shipping of our Northern California water via the California Aqueduct down to big agribusiness in Kern Country and other areas in the Southland, and that dislike also spills (no pun intended) into other areas, most notably the sports teams (which actually probably isn't that much different from the feelings that Yankees and Red Sox fans have toward those teams).
86Oski
I used to be guilty of the Northern California hatred (or at least disdain) of Southern California. Now, I love Southern California, and enjoy it a little more each time I visit. I'm glad California has areas that are so different from each other.

Having said that, the Dodgers, Lakers, USC and UCLA can all kiss my Bay Area behind! Hell, I'll even throw the Clippers and Rams in for good measure.

Beat LA!!!
Unit2Sucks
I'm going to take the homer approach and say the reason that we hate LA sports teams is because we care more about sports. If you don't want to beat your rivals, what's the point of being a sports fan? All you Cal fans from LA seem to have plenty of hate for Pac-12 rivals, amirite?
sycasey
One down.
BerkeleyBear
One of my favorite games of the S.F. Giants-L.A. Dodgers series was the final game in the 3 game playoff at the end of 1962 season, with Marichal as the starter for the Giants. The Giants were 4 games behind in mid-September but tied the Dodgers on the last day of the season to force a 3 game playoff, which was tied 1-1 going into game 3. The Giants were down 4-2 going into the 9th inning at Dodger Stadium, but scored 4 runs in the top of the 9th to win it 6-4 for the National League pennant.
BoaltBear
Amen brother! Smoked them Dodger scum like a piroshki! Horrible shade of blue. Sweeeep.
BoaltBear
BoaltBear;842358404 said:

Amen brother! Smoked them Dodger scum like a piroshki! Horrible shade of blue. Sweeeep.

Dodgers suck.
KoreAmBear
BoaltBear;842358409 said:

Dodgers suck.

They suck less than the Giants. At least by one game. Sweep not happening. Sorry Boalty.
86Oski
I missed the game. Was 9-0 the actual score, or did the Dodgers forfeit?
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;842358414 said:

They suck less than the Giants. At least by one game. Sweep not happening. Sorry Boalty.

Alas, a sweep is highly improbable but so was The Play.
NYCGOBEARS
The loss last night was Graahh's fault. He pissed off the Woofing Gods by sending me antagonistic texts all week. I shall see him tonight as we watch the game together in NYC and remind him of that.
86Oski
NYCGOBEARS;842358438 said:

The credit for last night's game goes to Graahh. He pissed off the Woofing Gods by sending me antagonistic texts all week. I shall see him tonight as we watch the game together in NYC and remind him of that.

Fixed that first sentence for you, buddy.
NYCGOBEARS
86Oski;842358448 said:

Fixed that first sentence for you, buddy.

Thanks. I've been reading the DC too often lately.
GRRAAH
NYCGOBEARS;842358438 said:

The loss last night was Graahh's fault. He pissed off the Woofing Gods by sending me antagonistic texts all week. I shall see him tonight as we watch the game together in NYC and remind him of that.

As I said last night, that was your best chance. No doubt we leave in first place. Tomorrow will be a pleasure. Even got a crying towel for you, NYC!
Unit2Sucks
Be honest Dodger fans, you don't love the makeup of this team and you are waiting for them to meltdown. You know it's coming you just don't know when. You probably will leave this series in first place and you will probably win the division but which team do you think has a better chance of winning the world series? Our team is hot and has a knack for outperforming its talent level when it counts.

All us Giants fans are looking forward to the end of the season, can you all say the same?
First Page Last Page
Page 45 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.