Hey Dodgers Fans

983,377 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by MiZery
86Oski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And the lead is back down to 2 games, after the Dodgers lose a heart-breaker at Coors Field, 16-2. When I first glanced at the box score, I saw the 8 in the first inning and thought I was looking at the scorecard from my last round of golf. I'm glad the Giants never lose that badly (at least not in the last half-week or so).

Will Ryu make it back for his next turn in the rotation? If not, who the heck will start for the Dodgers in the opener against the Giants next Monday? I doubt they want to run Frias out there after today, and they are in the midst of a 10-game roadtrip with no off days, so they can't shuffle the rotation without having someone go on short rest. Correira also had a bad outing today.

Let's go Cubbies!!!
GRRAAH
86Oski;842360696 said:

And the lead is back down to 2 games, after the Dodgers lose a heart-breaker at Coors Field, 16-2. When I first glanced at the box score, I saw the 8 in the first inning and thought I was looking at the scorecard from my last round of golf. I'm glad the Giants never lose that badly (at least not in the last half-week or so).

Will Ryu make it back for his next turn in the rotation? If not, who the heck will start for the Dodgers in the opener against the Giants next Monday? I doubt they want to run Frias out there after today, and they are in the midst of a 10-game roadtrip with no off days, so they can't shuffle the rotation without having someone go on short rest. Correira also had a bad outing today.

Let's go Cubbies!!!

Furious rally by the boys in blue Thursday! Woo-hoo!
86Oski
GRRAAH;842361270 said:

Furious rally by the boys in blue Thursday! Woo-hoo!

Yeah, I got my hopes up when the Cubs took a lead early....silly 86Oski, you should know better than to pin your hopes on the Cubs! Oh well...I'm sure they'll beat that Kershaw character today, right???
GRRAAH
86Oski;842361296 said:

Yeah, I got my hopes up when the Cubs took a lead early....silly 86Oski, you should know better than to pin your hopes on the Cubs! Oh well...I'm sure they'll beat that Kershaw character today, right???

Crazy things happen, so ya never know! Who wouldda thunk that the once might Athletics would be swept at home by the worst team in baseball.

Dodgers have been Jekyll and Hyde of late of course, too.
1979bear
Rough day for Kershaw, but magic number down to 7.
rathokan
1979bear;842361500 said:

Rough day for Kershaw, but magic number down to 7.

you know that guy is great when we're lamenting how bad a day he had after giving up three runs. granted he only pitched five innings today... i think he had a streak of 17 starts going at least seven innings.

If we could get this kind of performance from our fourth and fifth starters at this point I'd be ecstatic.

The Cubs infield is helping us out big time this series.
beelzebear
LINK: Once a Giants fan, Scully has made Dodgers his passion

Very nice read. Robinson, Scully, Mays, McCovey...and everyone before and after, be glad you've been able to follow any of these guys...still one of the greatest rivalries in sport.
BowDowntoWashington
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3723[/ATTACH]
sycasey
It's weeks like this that make me question why I care about sports.

Giants swept.
Niners cough up two games in the second half.
Bears blow it on the last play.

Not a good time.
GB54
Giants and Pirates have same record. Both should make wild card but home field at risk.

A's with a big win to gain a game on Mariner.
NYCGOBEARS
sycasey;842363980 said:

Giants swept.

Not a good time.

Sigh...
GB54
Thank God the A's have Johnny Lester. They'd be going home without him.
beelzebear
sycasey;842363980 said:

Giants swept.

Not a good time.

Bears blowing it shouldn't shock anyone too much. The Niners, now they look lost, confused and stupid. Last run on the Hairball Express for SF, methinks. God I'm so glad I don't don't follow any NFL team as a homer. NFL football just for the spectacle is so much better and when or if it all craps out...I won't feel so bad.
sycasey
beelzebear;842363988 said:

Bears blowing it shouldn't shock anyone too much.

Oh I know, I've watched enough Cal football to always expect the worst. Even so, it's still a downer when it happens.

Watching the penalty-riddled Niners right now is not much fun. This must be what it's like to watch the Raiders on a regular basis.
GRRAAH
sycasey;842363980 said:

Giants swept.

Not a good time.

Two outta three ain't bad! Except for this week.
GRRAAH
Bubbles! !
BancroftSteps
GRRAAH;842365145 said:

Bubbles! !

Wouldn't it be ironic if Kershaw seals it tonight considering the first post in this thread?
bonsallbear
BancroftSteps;842365225 said:

Wouldn't it be ironic if Kershaw seals it tonight considering the first post in this thread?

Would be better if the matchup was Vogelsong
GB54
Both teams can seal it tonight
86Oski
GB54;842365421 said:

Both teams can seal it tonight

Do you think the Dodgers will share their champagne with the Giants if that happens? Maybe Bumgarner and Puig can down a few together and hug it out....the start of a beautiful bromance.

In any event, I'm sure the Dodgers' celebration will be understated and classy, because that's how that franchise does things!

sycasey
If the Giants lose and the Brewers also lose, the Giants should run out on the field and celebrate at the same time.
GB54
86Oski;842365422 said:

Do you think the Dodgers will share their champagne with the Giants if that happens? Maybe Bumgarner and Puig can down a few together and hug it out....the start of a beautiful bromance.

That would be an all time on field classic. Bum singing Guantanamera arm in arm with Puig
KoreAmBear
86Oski;842365422 said:

In any event, I'm sure the Dodgers' celebration will be understated and classy, because that's how that franchise does things!

Now now 86 don't be like the "we do proper unwritten baseball like no other, and by having a swimming pool in our yard" AZ D-bags.
86Oski
KoreAmBear;842365435 said:

Now now 86 don't be like the "we do proper unwritten baseball like no other, and by having a swimming pool in our yard" AZ D-bags.

At this point, with Kershaw going for the clincher tonight, it's all I got, KAB.

Agree that the DBacks (and Kirk Gibson in particular) are insufferable with all that crap. But let's leave them out of this...they are inconsequential cellar-dwellers with the most bizarre affectation in any major league ballpark and an uptight manager who has the dubious distinction of having played for both Michigan State and the Dodgers.
TheSouseFamily
86Oski;842365437 said:

... and an uptight manager who has the dubious distinction of having played for both Michigan State and the Dodgers.

Why's that dubious? Steve Garvey did the same thing.
beelzebear
86Oski;842365437 said:

At this point, with Kershaw going for the clincher tonight, it's all I got, KAB.

Agree that the DBacks (and Kirk Gibson in particular) are insufferable with all that crap. But let's leave them out of this...they are inconsequential cellar-dwellers with the most bizarre affectation in any major league ballpark and an uptight manager who has the dubious distinction of having played for both Michigan State and the Dodgers.

Gibson as a manager and D-bag is a major twerp. However as a Dodger...

[video=youtube;0toCMwEBwLo][/video]
NYCGOBEARS
I'm keeping my trap shut!
GRRAAH
Terrible Tim #2 (Hudson) will surely come through, won't he???
KoreAmBear
TheSouseFamily;842365439 said:

Why's that dubious? Steve Garvey did the same thing.

Don't forget, part of that infield had Ron Cey, whose son Dan played baseball at Cal.
chazzed
Dodgers might've just clinched the NL West with a big inning in the 6th.

Pig's arm is ridiculous...like Vlad ridiculous. You don't try for third there.
KoreAmBear
chazzed;842365554 said:

It's getting close, but I felt pretty good about the Arizona game too so we should be quiet. Puig hit the go ahead HR and now snuffs out a rally at 3B. I know people like to criticize him, but he just always makes plays.
chazzed
KoreAmBear;842365555 said:

It's getting close, but I felt pretty good about the Arizona game too so we should be quiet. Puig hit the go ahead HR and now snuffs out a rally at 3B. I know people like to criticize him, but he just always makes plays.

No doubt. Just edited my previous post. He had a seriously poor second half stretch there, but he clearly brings other things (like his arm). He's starting to warm up again, which is good timing.
liverflukes
chazzed;842365554 said:

Pig's arm is ridiculous...like Vlad ridiculous. You don't try for third there.

No jinx please. I just watched a team score 34 on my beloved Cal bears in the 4th quarter.

Thanks.
NYCGOBEARS
This is tough to watch. The Giants are looking desperate and are pressing. Blanco trying to run on Puig was just stupid.
chazzed
liverflukes;842365561 said:

No jinx please. I just watched a team score 34 on my beloved Cal bears in the 4th quarter.

Thanks.

Well, they're not really my team, so I don't think I have jinx power.
First Page Last Page
Page 48 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.