Hey Dodgers Fans

983,123 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by MiZery
LethalFang
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YuSeeBerkeley;842392464 said:

Let's just wait until the drug test results come back. Going 5 shutout innings on 2 days rest...totally plausible that this was done without performance enhancers. Totally.

Legendary pitchers don't Kershaw.
Cal Panda Bear

Let's just wait until the drug test results come back. Going 5 shutout innings on 2 days rest...totally plausible that this was done without performance enhancers. Totally.

Holy sh*t, this guy...
ducky23
okaydo;842392513 said:

The Chris Farley Regional manager guy was the best thing to ever happen to Chevy. No publicity is bad publicity. Especially when it's free.
glb78

Trolls Royce.
LethalFang
ducky23;842392656 said:

The Chris Farley Regional manager guy was the best thing to ever happen to Chevy. No publicity is bad publicity. Especially when it's free.

Chevy Guy to public speaking is like Kershaw to October pitching.
YuSeeBerkeley
NYCGOBEARS;842392566 said:

This is what happens when you grow up rooting for Eric Gagne.

You know, I was just having some fun with you guys, but I wouldn't be shocked if it turns out that Bumgarner really was on something for Game 7. Maybe I'm just not as naive as Giants fans who have a history of turning a blind eye to cheaters like Bonds and Melky Cabrera.
GMP
YuSeeBerkeley;842392886 said:

You know, I was just having some fun with you guys, but I wouldn't be shocked if it turns out that Bumgarner really was on something for Game 7. Maybe I'm just not as naive as Giants fans who have a history of turning a blind eye to cheaters like Bonds and Melky Cabrera.

Gagne. Piazza. Kevin Brown. Just about everyone else: http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/26/eric-gagne-says-80-percent-of-his-dodgers-teammates-used-steroids/

Your attempted trolling is poor.
YuSeeBerkeley
grandmastapoop;842392890 said:

Gagne. Piazza. Kevin Brown. Just about everyone else: http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/26/eric-gagne-says-80-percent-of-his-dodgers-teammates-used-steroids/

Your attempted trolling is poor.

You forgot Manny Ramirez, but what's your point? Are you saying you would be shocked if Bumgarner fails a drug test?
sycasey

Maybe I'm just not as naive as Giants fans who have a history of turning a blind eye to cheaters like Bonds and Melky Cabrera.

All of baseball has a history of turning a blind eye to steroid users.
ducky23
sycasey;842392893 said:

All of baseball has a history of turning a blind eye to steroid users.

I'm not sure how the giants turned a blind eye to Cabrera? I guess they could have kept his ring while booting his ass out the door.

I think a lot of teams would have played him in the playoffs once his suspension ended.

So again. How did the giants turn a blind eye? Are you saying the giants had knowledge of his use before the news broke? Evidence ? Any evidence for anything you're saying?

Anyone can make accusations. Hell, do we know kershaw is clean? Puig? Ramirez? Brian Wilson? How do you know?
Unit2Sucks
I think snot rockets are a well-known side effect of HGH. Good call YuSeeBerkeley. Any other brilliant insights?
GB54
The Royals were all juicing. How else could they beat the Angels and Orioles?
ducky23
Unit2Sucks;842392909 said:

I think snot rockets are a well-known side effect of HGH. Good call YuSeeBerkeley. Any other brilliant insights?

It's madbums roid rage that was the clear indicator. Guy can't control himself out there.

You know who is also using? Bochy. Obviously. With that enormous head size. No way he makes all those good decisions without the roids.
high calibear

NYCGOBEARS

Thanks for that? You know what? We're the ones having fun. Suck it!
BearDevil
Screw the WS, the Giants have truly arrived when they get a dedicated troll on our humble little board. Amy isn't flaming San Jose State and YSB isn't flaming the Astros.
86Oski
NYCGOBEARS;842392917 said:

Thanks for that? You know what? We're the ones having fun. Suck it!

I don't think we're having fun. To prove it, here's a list of the many worries we Giants fans now have. Feel free to add to it.

1. It's raining on our parade...literally.
2. We keep clinching our World Series championships on the road. Why can't we ever do it at home?
3. TV ratings were so low for our World Series...that really hurts our feelings.
4. Dream scenario: Giants open 2015 at Dodger Stadium and are there for the big NL West flag ceremony, then Giants' home opener is against the Dodgers so the Bums can be there for our WS flag ceremony, our ring ceremony and whatever other ceremony the team has on the third day. Sadly, the schedule makers have not accommodated us.
5. Tickets will be hard to come by next year.
6. Brian Wilson exercised his player option to be with the Dodgers in 2015 for $9.5 million, and Dan Haren exercised his player option to be with the Dodgers in 2015 for $10 million. Oh, wait...that one is supposed to be on the list of the Dodgers' worries.
NYCGOBEARS
86Oski;842392930 said:

I don't think we're having fun. To prove it, here's a list of the many worries we Giants fans now have. Feel free to add to it.

2. We keep clinching our World Series championships on the road. Why can't we ever do it at home?
3. TV ratings were so low for our World Series...that really hurts our feelings.
4. Dream scenario: Giants open 2015 at Dodger Stadium and are there for the big NL West flag ceremony, then Giants' home opener is against the Dodgers so the Bums can be there for our WS flag ceremony, our ring ceremony and whatever other ceremony the team has on the third day. Sadly, the schedule makers have not accommodated us.
5. Tickets will be hard to come by next year.
6. Brian Wilson exercised his player option to be with the Dodgers in 2015 for $9.5 million, and Dan Haren exercised his player option to be with the Dodgers in 2015 for $10 million. Oh, wait...that one is supposed to be on the list of the Dodgers' worries.

#WorldChampionshipProblems
high calibear
86Oski;842392930 said:

that's not a worry, as the rain is a combination of the bitter tears of dodgers fans, and tears of joy from the baseball gods at the excellence of madison bumgarner.
oskihasahearton
Again those LA Dodgers and their fans just sat by and quietly watched, this year after getting outplayed by a good St Louis team.

Congrats for winning the NLW with great pitching and a collection of talented bats without chemistry.

Here's a toast and another round of one-handed applause for the LA Dodgers.
okaydo
Click here: GIANTS fan yells...
TheSouseFamily
ducky23;842392907 said:

Anyone can make accusations. Hell, do we know kershaw is clean? Puig? Ramirez? Brian Wilson? How do you know?

I think we can all agree that Brian Wilson is not "clean". He looks like a devil witch that sleeps under the freeway overpass.
Son-of-California
Not clinching any of the 3 World Series at home...a nice problem to have.
NYCGOBEARS
Our school weighs in.

http://riskservices.berkeley.edu/san-francisco-giants-success-without-excellence
Gizzly Bear
NYCGOBEARS;842392974 said:

Our school weighs in.

http://riskservices.berkeley.edu/san-francisco-giants-success-without-excellence

"The 1996-2000 Yankees are remembered as a dominant team loaded with stars; Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera are likely Hall of Famers. The 1972-1974 Oakland Athletics also had great players: Reggie Jackson, Catfish Hunter, Rollie Fingers, Vida Blue. And the 1958-1963 Yankees had Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, and Whitey Ford.

"No one on these Giant teams compare to those players, which has led fans outside the Bay Area to consider the Giants more lucky than good."

We'll see about Bumgarner, but Buster Posey certainly compares to those players (and is way ahead of Maris). He was 16th in baseball in OPS playing by far the most difficult defensive position.
Unit2Sucks
Very interesting - didn't realize we had 8 guys who were above average in OPS+ but it makes sense and comports with how they won in the playoffs.

The other thing to consider is that even though Pablo isn't a hall of famer, he sure plays like one in the post-season - his .935 career postseason OPS is outstanding and he plays phenomenal defense in the playoffs. And as for the reference to Mariano Rivera, we have 3 guys who have been comparable in the postseason - Affeldt, Casilla, Lopez and Romo. Affeldt's current postseason scoreless appearance streak is one away from Mariano's record of 23 (with the others not far behind - Casilla at 19, Lopez at 18 and I think Romo's streak ended at 18 as well). Mariano has a much bigger sample size of course. Affeldt has the best all-time postseason WHIP and hits per 9 innings. By the way, Lincecum is top 10 all time in postseason WHIP, Hits per 9 and K per 9.

If the Giants were in NYC or Boston, people would be talking about how stacked this team is. If we can keep Pablo our infield will be phenomenal next year. Ironically our current biggest weakness is starting pitching but you can move things around and ride one great starter pretty far in the playoffs and if Matt Cain comes back full strength, we will be formidable next time we make the playoffs (2016, natch).
86Oski
Let's get the hot stove going.

Dodger fans, what moves do you want to see this winter, and what do you expect to see? Obviously the bullpen is an area of need. Do the Doyers make a run at Romo? Anyone else on this list of free agents? http://m.mlb.com/news/article/99866452/list-of-upcoming-mlb-free-agents

For the Giant fans, obviously the big (250 to 320 lbs., depending on the time of year) is what to do with Panda. I have to say that I'm not crazy about the idea of the Gs giving him a 5-year deal with Pence-like money or more. So I say if Boston or some other team wants to pay him that much and Pablo wants the extra dough, we wish him well and figure out some other option at third base (maybe Posey, eventually).

Also, I expect none of Vogey, Peavy or Morse to be back, so left field and starting pitcher are areas of need. (I suppose Vogey might be back if he's willing to take a modest contract.)
Big C
YuSeeBerkeley;842392892 said:

You forgot Manny Ramirez, but what's your point? Are you saying you would be shocked if Bumgarner fails a drug test?

YuSee, the thing I don't get is... you're a Cal grad and you never learned to lose with class? After all that practice?!? For most of us, it was a struggle that took years and years, but we figured it out.
beelzebear
[video=youtube;UZyQ9g2WTy8][/video]

Make sure you turn up the sound or you'll miss it.

LINK: Afternoon Palate Cleanser: San Francisco Summed Up In 11 Seconds

Quote:

You have some polar opposite things happening in San Francisco lately — we're still a city full of rebellious young people and immigrants and we like to set stuff on fire when our teams win, but we are also a city rapidly gentrifying and changing in parts, with many white kids who do not fear riot police.

Observe this brief clip. You will need to hear the audio.
dimitrig
beelzebear;842393121 said:

[video=youtube;UZyQ9g2WTy8][/video]

Make sure you turn up the sound or you'll miss it.

LINK: Afternoon Palate Cleanser: San Francisco Summed Up In 11 Seconds

I can't understand what the hell she said.
86Oski
dimitrig;842393169 said:

I can't understand what the hell she said.

"My uber is down there."
NYCGOBEARS
86Oski;842393171 said:

"My uber is down there."

I thought she said "uterus" at first.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks;842393045 said:

Very interesting - didn't realize we had 8 guys who were above average in OPS+ but it makes sense and comports with how they won in the playoffs.

Yup, and it was similar in 2010 and 2012. In 2010, the starting lineup at the end of the season (including mid-season pickups like Pat Burrell and Cody Ross) had 7 guys above average in OPS+ and only one (Sandoval, in a down year) just barely below. In 2012, only Brandon Crawford and Gregor Blanco were below average in OPS+, but they made up for it with defense.

Grantland ran an article during the 2012 World Series, comparing the Giants and Tigers and how differently they were built. The Tigers were a "stars and scrubs" team, with a bunch of top-level stars (Cabrera! Verlander! Fielder!) but another bunch of far below-average players in the lineup and in the bullpen. Meanwhile, the Giants only had one player having a "great" year (Posey) and otherwise a bunch of solid contributors, the "balanced roster." The balanced team won in a sweep. I don't think that would be the expected result if they played again, but it did show why so many pundits picked the Tigers to win -- they were blinded by the star power and didn't notice that the Giants had the superior depth, relief pitching, and defense.
ducky23
sycasey;842393180 said:

they were blinded by the star power and didn't notice that the Giants had the superior depth, relief pitching, and defense.

Well this year, the giants had better depth, but it was at best a push as far as bullpen and defense when compared to the royals.

It was two very evenly matched teams, but the team with the single best player won.
dimitrig
86Oski;842393171 said:

"My uber is down there."

Pardon my ignorance, what the heck is an uber?

Oh, okay. I had to look that up.
First Page Last Page
Page 58 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.