Hey Dodgers Fans

983,346 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by MiZery
moonpod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JT. Bringing sexy back
bonsallbear
I said this wasn't going to be easy. Culbertsonhas really stepped it up. Bullpen has been lights out. Keep Beaz out of this. Morrow 6 up 6 down.
TheSouseFamily
That was awesome for a lot of reasons but even more so for coming off of Lackey who is easily one of the top 5 biggest Jagoffs in sports.
Beararama
Behind Cubs dugout to watch this oh-so-sweet victory!!
TheSouseFamily
okaydo
82gradDLSdad
My old catcher (who was drafted by the Giants in 1977, yeah we're old) sends me text messages during the games so that I don't even have to watch. Here's the one he sent me last night:

****ing dodgers ****ing turner ****

I guess he still hates the Dodgers.
FuzzyWuzzy
okaydo said:

LOL cool pic! Local boy roots for Niners and Giants and grows up to start at QB for Rams and cuddle with Dodgers.

Can you explain the long snapper joke?
TheSouseFamily
That's Jacob McQuaide, the actual Rams LS. Not actually Justin Turner.

This is Justin Turner..,

FuzzyWuzzy
TheSouseFamily said:

That's Jacob McQuaide, the actual Rams LS. Not actually Justin Turner.

This is Justin Turner..,

Oh OK thanks. So he's cuddling a Ram not a Dodger, which is only a misdemeanor in the Bay Area bc the Rams never won anything in LA.
ManhattanMadMan
Go Dodger Blue!
okaydo
FuzzyWuzzy said:

okaydo said:

LOL cool pic! Local boy roots for Niners and Giants and grows up to start at QB for Rams and cuddle with Dodgers.

This is how big a baseball fan I am:

1) If I wanted to, I could walk to Dodger Stadium from where I live. It would take me less than 2 hours.

2) I had no idea who that guy with the beard was until I googled his name last night.
bonsallbear
Roberts praising Morrow as "elite" pitcher
FuzzyWuzzy
okaydo said:

FuzzyWuzzy said:

okaydo said:

1) If I wanted to, I could walk to Dodger Stadium from where I live. It would take me less than 2 hours.

2) I had no idea who that guy with the beard was until I googled his name last night.
2) It turns out that's not him. It's the Rams long snapper, a Justin Turner doppelgnger.
okaydo
FuzzyWuzzy said:

okaydo said:

FuzzyWuzzy said:

okaydo said:

2) It turns out that's not him. It's the Rams long snapper, a Justin Turner doppelgnger.

(laughin emoji)

Beararama
Total domination! What losing streak? Where are you Yogi? World Series..,no bust!
bonsallbear
Dodgers 1 win away from WS. Darvish shines and Morrow and Jansen team up to finish. 6-1 Dodgers. Meanwhile Yankees making it interesting
rathokan
not sure why they brought in chicken strip in the 9th... that was the only downside of tonight.

was wondering *** Ethier was in the starting lineup and he goes yard in the 2nd.

Joc got a big hit.

Darvish getting the RBI walk on four pitches... only thing better was his bat flip
philly1121
bonsallbear said:

Dodgers 1 win away from WS. Darvish shines and Morrow and Jansen team up to finish. 6-1 Dodgers. Meanwhile Yankees making it interesting

The baseball, television and corporate presidents are praying for a Dodgers-Yankees, throwback, East Coast - West Coast rivalry series.
rathokan
kjkbear
As a Dodger fan, it's always the Yankees I want in the series. Last year I wanted the Giants and Dodgers to play for the pennant. Most of the other teams just fill a line in the standings.
rathokan
wow Dodgers Yankees is looking like a possibility. Would like to see LA take care of business tonight.

the networks must be creaming their pants right now.
rathokan
wasted opportunity. that sucked.

W T F is up with the old guy lineup today? ethier, granderson, utley? I can see utley, but not the other two. granderson hasn't hit in ages and was 0-4 w/ 4Ks... and he was an easy, low pitch out. Ethier got his HR yesterday and has a noodle arm... sit him down and put Hernandez in. I'd also rather see Barnes over Grandal, but at least Grandal drew three walks and made the pitchers work.
TheSouseFamily
rathokan said:

W T F is up with the old guy lineup today? ethier, granderson, utley? I can see utley, but not the other two. granderson hasn't hit in ages and was 0-4 w/ 4Ks... and he was an easy, low pitch out. Ethier got his HR yesterday and has a noodle arm... sit him down and put Hernandez in. I'd also rather see Barnes over Grandal, but at least Grandal drew three walks and made the pitchers work.

How Granderson is even on the roster is totally beyond me. Dave Roberts makes a lot of questionable decisions (batting Hernandez in the clean up spot despite hitting below the Mendoza line the last 2 years is a good example). Fortunately, a $4 trillion payroll, young talent like Bellinger and Taylor plus ever imaginable resource can paper over a lot of managerial sins. If the Dodgers win the pennant or he WS, it will be despite Roberts, not because of him.
KoreAmBear
TheSouseFamily said:

rathokan said:

How Granderson is even on the roster is totally beyond me. Dave Roberts makes a lot of questionable decisions (batting Hernandez in the clean up spot despite hitting below the Mendoza line the last 2 years is a good example). Fortunately, a $4 trillion payroll, young talent like Bellinger and Taylor plus ever imaginable resource can paper over a lot of managerial sins. If the Dodgers win the pennant or he WS, it will be despite Roberts, not because of him.
Nah, Dave Roberts was pooping gold until this game esp. with his use of the bullpen, and even then they only lost 3-2. But yes, Grandy and Utley should never see much time after this. Roberts seemed to have gotten sentimental by playing vets Grandy, Utley, Ethier and Grandal -- some sort of tribute to them for some playing time with a big lead. This is the sort of thing that got him into trouble in September, trying out players in certain spots as a dress rehearsal for the playoffs. Clinch please and do not open the door to any sort of disaster. I thought he would have learned his lesson losing 16 of 17.
TheSouseFamily
I'll never talk shyte about "Kikay" "and his sub-.200 average the last 2 seasons ever again. This is my solemn oath.

And hey, censors! K!ke is the guy's name! Don't give me the whole "****" business.
TheSouseFamily
bonsallbear
TheSouseFamily said:

rathokan said:

So Souse. Are you okay with Hernandez in the line up tonight?
Yogi58
bonsallbear said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Look up two posts
TheSouseFamily
bonsallbear said:

TheSouseFamily said:

rathokan said:

Chapman_is_Gone
Why do the mods tolerate this clearly OT thread? Which is not even labeled OT? Some of us don't like the Giants or Dodgers and would prefer to not see the thread title every day.
Yogi58
Chapman_is_Gone said:

Why do the mods tolerate this clearly OT thread? Which is not even labeled OT? Some of us don't like the Giants or Dodgers and would prefer to not see the thread title every day.
Preach on
TheSouseFamily
Chapman_is_Gone said:

Better question is why do you read it? Just because you like to be angry and bitter about everything?
Chapman_is_Gone
Believe me, I don't read it. Go find a baseball board so college football fans don't have to wade through the thread title every day.

Or is it because, you're willing to look the other way, as long as you like the OT topic?
bonsallbear
You're right. I missed it. Sorry. Kershaw pitching like Kershaw tonight
First Page Last Page
Page 91 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.