Hey Dodgers Fans

983,146 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by MiZery
bonsallbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Baez doesn't deal well with pressure. Send him down or better yet out.
sycasey
TheSouseFamily said:

If any Giants fans have any coping mechanisms they're willing to share for being a fan of a sub-.400 team, I'm all ears.
I've been consoling myself with the titles our team won between 2010-2014, so maybe you could . . . oh wait.

Haha, seriously though, this is probably just a hard-luck year. The Dodgers have the resources to compete again in the near future.
tequila4kapp
Very tough years for our boys in blue. Too many injuries to key players. Jansen too worried about union matters. Some guys trying to prove that 2017 was their career year. At least one fan (me) still pissed at Roberts for effing up the WS with crappy decisions around his pitchers.
bonsallbear
tequila4kapp said:

Very tough years for our boys in blue. Too many injuries to key players. Jansen too worried about union matters. Some guys trying to prove that 2017 was their career year. At least one fan (me) still pissed at Roberts for effing up the WS with crappy decisions around his pitchers.
You would think Roberts would have gone with Kershaw instead of Darvish. But what do I know.
GRRAAH
tequila4kapp said:

Don't look now, but after a sweep of a hot Washington team on the road, this sorry ass division is STILL ours for the taking.

bonsallbear
GRRAAH said:

tequila4kapp said:

Don't look now, but after a sweep of a hot Washington team on the road, this sorry ass division is STILL ours for the taking.

10 game homestand starting with the Rox. Anything less than 6 wins. --------. we'll see.
calumnus
TheSouseFamily said:

It's obviously a bit of a train wreck at the moment...
If any Giants fans have any coping mechanisms they're willing to share for being a fan of a sub-.400 team, I'm all ears.

We're Cal fans, coping is our specialtywe just have to apply the same skills. For example, as a Cal fan, the stadium and a Top Dog make the daysame can go for the stadium and a Dodger Dog...
Another Bear
Tampa Bay's "Opener" Experiment Could Spark a Baseball Revolution
Quote:

Sergio Romo's short starts may have been a one-weekend experiment, but the philosophy behind them, like the one behind the closer when it was introduced, should expand to MLB at large

Interesting stuff, Romo started the game for 1 1/3 inning and struck out the side. Then started the next days' game for an inning. Could be a new strategy. Starters are only throwing 90 pitches or 5 innings now. Makes sense and I can see if you have the talent, this could be very good for a playoff game. Just wondering if you'd do it all the time? So are teams going to start carrying more pitchers on the 25 man?
71Bear
Another Bear said:

Tampa Bay's "Opener" Experiment Could Spark a Baseball Revolution
Quote:

Sergio Romo's short starts may have been a one-weekend experiment, but the philosophy behind them, like the one behind the closer when it was introduced, should expand to MLB at large

Interesting stuff, Romo started the game for 1 1/3 inning and struck out the side. Then started the next days' game for an inning. Could be a new strategy. Starters are only throwing 90 pitches or 5 innings now. Makes sense and I can see if you have the talent, this could be very good for a playoff game. Just wondering if you'd do it all the time? So are teams going to start carrying more pitchers on the 25 man?

I don't see this idea spreading throughout the game. Tampa is so short of quality starters, they have had to resort to desperate measures. Can you imagine Kershaw or Bumgarner accepting the notion that they should no longer plan on starting? Yeah, right.......
Another Bear
Good point about Tampa being short handed but its situations like this that new strategies happen, not by choice but by need. It still makes sense to me. I'm sure the big guns like like Bum or Kershaw would have issues but doubt your #4 or #5 would.

I'm sure they said the same thing when relievers were introduced...not going to happen. "What you're not man enough to throw nine innings?" Historic note: pitchers were used up like fish wrap back in the day. Today they're paid too much to just use and toss.
rathokan
Dodgers now 3.5 out... well that turned quickly. Helps that AZ went into the tank.
bonsallbear
Smoke and mirrors and duct tape. No starting pitching no problem. Just score and score some more.
Dodgers sweep Rockies in Colorado. Kershaw, Maeda, Rhu, Hill all on DL. Wood gives6 runs in first two innings.
TheSouseFamily
Thought this was an interesting stat on cumulative run differential:

1. Arizona: +28
2. Colorado: -31
T3. Frisco: -38
T3. Dodgers: +37
5. San Diego: -44

Milwaukee has the best record in the national league at 37-23 and they're at +28, behind the still below-.500 Dodgers. Dodgers and Frisco are tied in the standings yet have a 75 run difference in just 59 games. Just an odd season.
rathokan
TheSouseFamily said:

Milwaukee has the best record in the national league at 37-23 and they're at +28, behind the still below-.500 Dodgers. Dodgers and Frisco are tied in the standings yet have a 75 run difference in just 59 games. Just an odd season.
someone on the radio pointed out the run differentials w/n the NL West a few weeks ago, and that gave me hope that things would sort themselves out. Seems like that's happening, and I hope that continues.

And is this the last we see of Kershaw? Thinking he probably does not opt out of his contract at this point, and if he does The Dodgers won't be the ones to sign him.
Big C
TheSouseFamily said:

Never call it "Frisco".
TheSouseFamily
Big C said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Never call it "Frisco".
As a Dodger fan, there's an obligation to call it Frisco. And yes, we know you hate it.
bonsallbear
TheSouseFamily said:

Big C said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Never call it "Frisco".
As a Dodger fan, there's an obligation to call it Frisco. And yes, we know you hate it.
And i love it
GMP
rathokan said:

TheSouseFamily said:

someone on the radio pointed out the run differentials w/n the NL West a few weeks ago, and that gave me hope that things would sort themselves out. Seems like that's happening, and I hope that continues.

And is this the last we see of Kershaw? Thinking he probably does not opt out of his contract at this point, and if he does The Dodgers won't be the ones to sign him.
The Giants' run differential is skewed by a few lopsided losses: 10-1 to the Padres, 15-2 to the Nats, 11-0 to Philly, 11-3 to Philly, and 11-2 to the Pirates. You can't "take away" games, and everyone has these games, but for context - absent those five games, the Giants differential is +12. Interestingly, the Giants offense is pretty good: In the NL, 2nd in hits, 4th in doubles, 4th in total bases, 2nd in batting average, 4th in slugging, 4th in OPS, 4th in OPS+. This is a good sign with Bumgarner coming back soon, and Cueto a few weeks after that, to shore up the rotation. I'm cautiously optimistic.
bonsallbear
Win or lose today is a good day for the Dodgers. Roberts relented and sent Baez down to AAA today.
bonsallbear
Spoke too soon. The Dodger pitching staff is so bad they had to recall Baez today. They used 9 pitchers today!. It's just a matter of time until they run into some good pitching and they go on a prolonged losing streak.
NYCGOBEARS
bonsallbear said:

Spoke too soon. The Dodger pitching staff is so bad they had to recall Baez today. They used 9 pitchers today!. It's just a matter of time until they run into some good pitching and they go on a prolonged losing streak.

Oh, please?
GMP
NYCGOBEARS said:

bonsallbear said:

Oh, please?
Don't fall for his reverse-woof.
sycasey
GMP said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

bonsallbear said:

Oh, please?

I'll buy that he really doesn't like Baez though.
bonsallbear
sycasey said:

GMP said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

bonsallbear said:

CSpoke too soon. The Dodger pitching staff is so bad they had to recall Baez today. They used 9 pitchers today!. It's just a matter of time until they run into some good pitching and they go on a prolonged losing streak.

Oh, please?

I'll buy that he really doesn't like Baez though.
You got that right. But Roberts does.
bonsallbear
Another Dodger pitcher goes down.

Congratulations to the Dubs.
rathokan
bonsallbear said:

Another Dodger pitcher goes down.

Congratulations to the Dubs.
at least it's only rib soreness... not that worried. Buehler has been a savior. I don't know how the bullpen is getting us through all these injuries.
bonsallbear
Wood > Bumgarner
NYCGOBEARS
bonsallbear said:

Wood > Bumgarner

Nah....
bonsallbear
NYCGOBEARS said:

bonsallbear said:

Wood > Bumgarner

Nah....
You either missed my joke or intentionally ignored it
Happy Father's Day
Go Dodgers!!
Another Bear
Methinks the Dodgers take the NL West lead around the All-star break...about a month away.
NYCGOBEARS
bonsallbear said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

bonsallbear said:

Wood > Bumgarner

Nah....
Happy Father's Day
Go Dodgers!!

Oh, I got the joke. Just grumpy about it. Lol.
bonsallbear
NYCGOBEARS said:

bonsallbear said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

bonsallbear said:

Wood > Bumgarner

Nah....
Happy Father's Day
Go Dodgers!!

Oh, I got the joke. Just grumpy about it. Lol.
As often as the worm turns, I won't be comfortable until the Dodgers have a10 game lead and a healthy pitching staff. Neither is likely to happen.

No grumpiness allowed on Fathers Day.
bonsallbear
HOLY COW!! 7 home runs today and they needed every one. When was the last time the Giants hit 7 in one game?
bonsallbear
Matt Kemp 8 for his last 8.
Yogi58
bonsallbear said:

HOLY COW!! 7 home runs today and they needed every one. When was the last time the Giants hit 7 in one game?
So this is basically the new Monster thread and you're the new Shocky. Might as well put some pictures of girls in bikinis to complete the transformation.
First Page Last Page
Page 104 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.