Hey Dodgers Fans

1,001,123 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by Big C
bonsallbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS said:

bonsallbear said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

GRRAAH said:

CMVPuig with another huge HR. 6th in last 19 AB! 6th consecutive title moments away!

Remind me... how many WORLD SERIES titles lately??
The refrain of the vanquished.

Enjoy the hell outta those division titles. Celebrating those is the "refrain of the vanquished".
Better to win a division title than not. I'm sure your okay with a fourth place finish
NYCGOBEARS
bonsallbear said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

bonsallbear said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

GRRAAH said:

CMVPuig with another huge HR. 6th in last 19 AB! 6th consecutive title moments away!

Enjoy the hell outta those division titles. Celebrating those is the "refrain of the vanquished".
Better to win a division title than not. I'm sure your okay with a fourth place finish

No, I'm not... but I'll take another Dodgers fail in the playoffs as a concession prize.
GoBears89

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2796561-how-the-san-francisco-giants-became-a-205m-mlb-flop
Another Bear
The Giants are too busy developing their Mission Bay land rights to be bothered by baseball. That's also how they can afford to dump $250m on a giant nothing burger.
KenBurnski
Roberts is Phil Jackson without the mysticism/titles
82gradDLSdad
Don't the seals say 2nd place is 1st loser? So yah, no WS equals tie with Giants. I like it. Actually, I don't give a shxt. All I care about is how AT&T park looks. And it will look good awful after these two concerts. Fxxk!
bonsallbear
NYCGOBEARS said:

bonsallbear said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

bonsallbear said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

GRRAAH said:

3CMVPuig with another huge HR. 6th in last 19 AB! 6th consecutive title moments away!

No, I'm not... but I'll take another Dodgers fail in the playoffs as a concession prize.
Well at least I have something to root for as opposed to rooting against. Better luck next year.
GRRAAH
Congrats to the Dodgers on a powerful finish to crown themselves again! Too bad they couldn't celebrate in SF, but kudos nonetheless. Onward!!
TheSouseFamily
Congrats too to the Giants for being one of the most improved teams in baseball. Well done on a great season! And thanks too for the assist in the final weekend of the year rolling over like that. Gotta love NL West teams taking care of each other and showing that NL West Pride!
bonsallbear
6 straight Division crowns. What's the record for consecutive y Division titles?
Go Dodgers!
SurvivorOf1and10fkaLEA
Giants' fans are still celebrating the 2014 championship? Based on their logic of "it's 1st or nothing," the only team that should be celebrating the past are the New York Yankees (27 titles), and the only team that should be celebrating the present are the reigning world champion Houston Astros.

Go ahead and celebrate your relatively better past successes. I'm happy to celebrate the Dodgers relatively better current success.
HighlandDutch
bonsallbear said:

6 straight Division crowns. What's the record for consecutive y Division titles?
Go Dodgers!
The Braves won 14 in a row from 1991-2005. (Yes, that's 15 years, but of course there was no division winner in 1994.)
sycasey
HighlandDutch said:

bonsallbear said:

Go Dodgers!
The Braves won 14 in a row from 1991-2005. (Yes, that's 15 years, but of course there was no division winner in 1994.)
Though they probably would have lost that '94 crown to the Expos.
GMP
bonsallbear said:

Go Dodgers!

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/10/02/fbi-investigation-mlb-atlanta-braves-los-angeles-dodgers

tsk tsk, the Dodgers could be in deep doodoo.

Quote:

The dossier also appears to describe efforts to circumvent federal laws and MLB rules requiring Cuban players to establish residency in another country before negotiating and signing with a team. (Because of the U.S. embargo of Cuba, Cuban players cannot enter the U.S. directly under current immigration law. Yasiel Puig, the Dodgers' star outfielder from Cuba, famously spent a month in a Mexican hotel room before he found safe passage to the United States in 2012.) Among those efforts to circumvent, the dossier includes a transcript of a Nov. 21, 2015, text message conversation between two Dodgers executives in which they discuss the need to "shred" a contract signed with a player before MLB allowed the team to begin talks with him. There are also indications that dates on other official documents were doctored before they were forwarded to the MLB office.
wifeisafurd
It amazes me that the longest BI thread has nothing to do with Cal, and the topic is the LA Dodgers.
HighlandDutch
sycasey said:

HighlandDutch said:

bonsallbear said:

Go Dodgers!
Though they probably would have lost that '94 crown to the Expos.
Yeah, the Expos were up 6 with 48 games to go...not an insurmountable lead (as proven by the Braves in 1993, unfortunately), but the most likely result is that the Expos would have won that race. Even if we assume the Braves' streak ended that year, however, they still won 11 straight division titles from '95 through '05.
bonsallbear
wifeisafurd said:

It amazes me that the longest BI thread has nothing to do with Cal, and the topic is the LA Dodgers.
Jeff Kent is the meaningful link.
sycasey
bonsallbear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Jeff Kent is the meaningful link.
KenBurnski
Jared Leto is going to crush it in the biopic
VolunteerReverie
Don't worry. My Braves will take care of them.
sycasey
VolunteerReverie said:

Don't worry. My Braves will take care of them.
Trusting the Braves in the playoffs? Nothing could possibly go wrong.
82gradDLSdad
VolunteerReverie said:

Don't worry. Kershaw will take care of them.

Fify
rathokan
went to game 1 today. nice performance by Ryu and a good call to start him tonight. I think he's given up 1 run his last 4 starts (if i heard correctly). hope kershaw is not too butthurt and pitches well tomorrow.

the energy and atmosphere tonight at Dodger Stadium was great... way more electric than at last week's game against Oregon.
tequila4kapp
Kershaw isn't right. I'm a bit concerned that he's not himself physically.
82gradDLSdad
tequila4kapp said:

Of course Kershaw's not right, it's playoff time. Wait, or is he right?
Another Bear
tequila4kapp said:

Maybe...but the info given is the Dodger's sabermetrics guys showed that Kershaw does better with one more day of rest, so he was slotted as the second starter. Who knows if it's true.
KoreAmBear
tequila4kapp said:

It's called getting old and wear and tear. He's still plenty good, but the best we can expect now is on the back end of the "quality start" definition -- 3 runs or less in like 6 innings.
TheSouseFamily
Kershaw will be fine. Still a sub 3 ERA guy despite the decline. I'm way more worried about Kenley Jansen than I am Kershaw.
KenBurnski
I couldn't believe how horrible the outfield turf looked during the final Dodgers/Giants series in San Francisco.
bonsallbear
tequila4kapp said:

Clayton was right enough tonight. 2 hits over 8 innings. Atlanta fans haven't had much to cheer about
sycasey
Never trust the Braves in the playoffs.
82gradDLSdad
KenBurnski said:

I couldn't believe how horrible the outfield turf looked during the final Dodgers/Giants series in San Francisco.

Tell me about it...two concerts in two days, big stage sitting on the grass for days. Giants need money for new players.
GRRAAH
First team since 21 Yankees, and second ever, to begin the playoffs with two shutouts! Buehler goes tomorrow for the whitewash!!
bonsallbear
GRRAAH said:

First team since 21 Yankees, and second ever, to begin the playoffs with two shutouts! Buehler goes tomorrow for the whitewash!!
Big stage for a rookie. He will need to go far into this game for the Dodgers to have a chance in the rest of the playoffs.
chazzed
bonsallbear said:

GRRAAH said:

Big stage for a rookie. He will need to go far into this game for the Dodgers to have a chance in the rest of the playoffs.
How do you figure?
First Page Last Page
Page 107 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.