Hey Dodgers Fans

983,187 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by MiZery
TheSouseFamily
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Definitely a dirty play. It's a shame. The guy oozes talent but stuff like this and his purposeful lack of hustle is certainly grating. He'll only be a Dodger for a few months but for whomever he plays for, he's a still a huge plus in any lineup despite this garbage.
TheSouseFamily
"Kershaw since 2013 the start of this six-divisional title run for the Dodgers has eight different postseason starts of at least six innings and one or zero earned runs allowed. That's tied with Jon Lester for the most in baseball during that span. Nobody else has more than five."

Make it 9.
NYCGOBEARS
TheSouseFamily said:

"Kershaw since 2013 the start of this six-divisional title run for the Dodgers has eight different postseason starts of at least six innings and one or zero earned runs allowed. That's tied with Jon Lester for the most in baseball during that span. Nobody else has more than five."

Make it 9.

More importantly, 8-8 in 26 games with an ERA of 4.26. Zero WS titles.
TheSouseFamily
NYCGOBEARS said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Make it 9.

There have also been a few clunkers. A few too many.
bearister
Thread started 6 years ago? Is Adrian the Cal Bear still alive or did he take a high hard one to the melon?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
GoldenB
There was talk that they would try and sign Machado, put him at 3rd, and bring Turner to first base. I don't think it happens...too high of a price tag and after watching his attitude problems I think he would be a virus in the clubhouse if the team started losing. The dodgers have worked on chemistry too much to keep a guy like him on the team
sycasey
Still time for the Giants to overpay and be stuck with Machado during his decline.
bonsallbear
Gotta feel good for Kershaw.
NYCGOBEARS
bonsallbear said:

Gotta feel good for Kershaw.

No I don't.
oski003
GoldenB said:

There was talk that they would try and sign Machado, put him at 3rd, and bring Turner to first base. I don't think it happens...too high of a price tag and after watching his attitude problems I think he would be a virus in the clubhouse if the team started losing. The dodgers have worked on chemistry too much to keep a guy like him on the team

They won't start losing. They're not the Giants.
GRRAAH
What a fantastic day to be at the ballpark. Last year's series was a blast, but after stealing yesterday's game in the another strikeout fest, it was fun to see them grind one out without a HR and the crowd was electric. Let's go finish em off Friday!
Yogi58
Another Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

Beardog26 said:

So Draymond' Green's antics of course mean that ALL Bay Area sports teams are comprised of dirty players, right?
I suppose Draymond Green would have to be a dirty player in the first place.

Hasn't proven to be something that happens repeatedly.
sycasey
TheSouseFamily said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Make it 9.

There have also been a few clunkers. A few too many.

Right, that's the thing. Kershaw has certainly had some great playoff games, but he's had at least an equal number of bad/mediocre ones. That seems more like the record of a #3 starter than an ace, which is the weird thing about his postseason history.
Another Bear
Yogi Bear said:

Another Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

Beardog26 said:

So Draymond' Green's antics of course mean that ALL Bay Area sports teams are comprised of dirty players, right?

Here's number 2 example...a regular old NUT grab on LeBron. Oh right, LBJ WALKED ALL OVER DRAY, disrespected him...so he grabs his nuts like a man! Right.

Once is by accident, two a coincidence....if I pull up #3, that would be a pattern. Betcha I can find #3.
Another Bear
sycasey
Another Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

Another Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

Beardog26 said:

Here's number 2 example...a regular old NUT grab on LeBron. Oh right, LBJ WALKED ALL OVER DRAY, disrespected him...so he grabs his nuts like a man! Right.

Once is by accident, two a coincidence....if I pull up #3, that would be a pattern. Betcha I can find #3.
I'd call that a swat, not a grab.
Another Bear

Three's a pattern. Dray is a dirty player.
TheSouseFamily
You're certainly right about that. It's been either a great start or a total clunker. In total, he's 9-8 with a 4.2ish era which basically outs him at an average MLB playoff starter. It's been a little better lately, going 2-1 this year and 3-0 last year. But still an era of over 4 is a little mystifying for a guy with the lowest era of the last 100 years. And sadly, a far cry from the 8-3 record and 2.1ish era that Bumgarner has.
Beardog26
Agree that it is mystifying. I've always felt pretty confident that guys like Scherzer, Verlander and Bumgarner would be pretty damn good in the post-season. With Kershaw, I have far less confidence. Sometimes he is lights out, other times not so much. Then there are guys like David Price, who is almost certain to give up a bunch of runs in each of his post season starts.
sycasey
David Price is definitely the more mystifying playoff pitcher: 2-9, 5.42 ERA in the playoffs. In the regular season, .656 winning percentage and 3.25 ERA. That's crazy.
sycasey
Just to bring this back to the rivalry: the Giants have had three different pitchers who could have been considered the ace of the staff at different times during their 2010-2014 championship runs, and each has a strong postseason record:

Tim Lincecum: 5-2, 2.40
Matt Cain: 4-2, 2.10
Madison Bumgarner: 8-3, 2.11'

And just to bring it back to the original post on this thread:

Ryan Vogelsong: 3-0, 2.92 in the postseason
Yogi58
Another Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

Another Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

Beardog26 said:

Nothing dirty about that at all. But keep looking.
Yogi58
Another Bear said:

Three's a pattern. Dray is a dirty player.
Do you have any idea how old that footage is?
Another Bear
Yogi Bear said:

Another Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

Another Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

Beardog26 said:

You know usually I'd refrain from calling another Bear an idiot but in your case I'll make an exception. You're either in denial or you're an idiot.

But just for good measure...wait there's MORE: 7 times Draymond Green kicked someone on a basketball court
(with video)

p.s. adios Yogi Oso...no time for fools like you...who give fandom a bad name.
Yogi58
Another Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

Another Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

Another Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

Beardog26 said:

You know usually I'd refrain from calling another Bear an idiot but in your case I'll make an exception. You're either in denial or you're an idiot.

But just for good measure...wait there's MORE: 7 times Draymond Green kicked someone on a basketball court
(with video)

p.s. adios Yogi Oso...no time for fools like you...who give fandom a bad name.
2016. Once again, old info.

Draymond Green is not a dirty player, no matter how hard you try to insist he is.
Another Bear
HAHAHA...you're on ignore Yogi Oso... GO BEAR!
Yogi58
Another Bear said:

HAHAHA...you're on ignore Yogi Oso... GO BEAR!
I guess accepting you were wrong was too difficult for you to bear
Another Bear
Keep shooting your wad Yogi...no picnic baskets here.

Go Bear!
Yogi58
Another Bear said:

Keep shooting your wad Yogi...no picnic baskets here.

Go Bear!
I thought I was on ignore. I guess you can't get enough of me.
Beardog26
Sure enough, Price goes out and pitches a gem in a bandbox stadium on the road to likely send his team to the WS. Nothing like what I expected or has been his playoff norm.
TheSouseFamily
Beardog26 said:

Sure enough, Price goes out and pitches a gem in a bandbox stadium on the road to likely send his team to the WS. Nothing like what I expected or has been his playoff norm.

Meanwhile, Verlander who has an excellent post season pitcher is on his way home.

Still, some odd numbers for Verlander:

DS: 7-0, 2.38 ERA
CS: 6-2, 2.62 ERA
WS: 0-4, 5.67 ERA
sycasey
Beardog26 said:

Baseball does not make sense.
Beardog26
Price throws six shutouts innings, giving up only three hits, and Verlander gives up two dingers and 4 runs in an elimination game at home. I was way off on that one, LOL.
oski003
sycasey said:

Just to bring this back to the rivalry: the Giants have had three different pitchers who could have been considered the ace of the staff at different times during their 2010-2014 championship runs, and each has a strong postseason record:

Tim Lincecum: 5-2, 2.40
Matt Cain: 4-2, 2.10
Madison Bumgarner: 8-3, 2.11'

And just to bring it back to the original post on this thread:

Ryan Vogelsong: 3-0, 2.92 in the postseason

Bumgartner's postseason ERA will stay exactly 2.11 as long as he stays a Giant.
sycasey
Game 7! Should be exciting.
First Page Last Page
Page 109 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.