Hey Dodgers Fans

983,235 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by MiZery
JollyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey;841955783 said:

The PED thing is always amusing, given that it comes so often from A's and Dodger fans. I'm not sure if there are two other fanbases in less of a position to point fingers.

Agreed.

From espn.com today: "Former Cy Young closer Eric Gagne alleges in his new biography that 80 percent of his Los Angeles Dodgers teammates were using performance-enhancing drugs."
GMP
KoreAmBear;841955385 said:

Well I have to say the Giants really stuck together and played well down the stretch. Best starting pitching in baseball and Posey has been out of his mind since the AS break. Have fun with it. I had my fun with the L.A. Kings so I'm good. Still, you guys have some catching up to do in the WS title dept. 5-1 is still pretty lopsided, so stay classy until you've at least tied it and please do not harbor any more cheaters like Mota and Cabrera. Good luck!

http://deadspin.com/5946479/eric-gagne-estimates-80-percent-of-his-dodger-teammates-were-taking-peds

Both teams, hell - ALL teams, have employed people who broke the rules. Anyone pointing fingers comes off as a complete hypocrite.

Also, the team's history, the Giants have 6 World Series titles and 21 pennants. The Dodgers? The exact same number. In my lifetime, the Giants have 1 World Series title and 3 pennants. In my lifetime, the Dodgers have 1 World Series title and 1 pennant.

The Giants have the upperhand in this one.
KoreAmBear
grandmastapoop;841960683 said:

http://deadspin.com/5946479/eric-gagne-estimates-80-percent-of-his-dodger-teammates-were-taking-peds

Both teams, hell - ALL teams, have employed people who broke the rules. Anyone pointing fingers comes off as a complete hypocrite.

Also, the team's history, the Giants have 6 World Series titles and 21 pennants. The Dodgers? The exact same number. In my lifetime, the Giants have 1 World Series title and 3 pennants. In my lifetime, the Dodgers have 1 World Series title and 1 pennant.

The Giants have the upperhand in this one.

Congrats to the Giants on a terrific season. That's my last post in this thread, really.
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;841960698 said:

Congrats to the Giants on a terrific season. That's my last post in this thread, really.

Hey KAB,

Thanks for your gracious post. Giants?... Dodgers?... Legendary rivalry. At the end of the day?... Go Bears!
SoCalBear323
For the record, I was just rustling jimmies in this thread. Not that big of a Dodger fan. Just think it's funny how many Giants fans hate the Dodgers with such ferocity considering the Dodgers haven't been good in a while.
NYCGOBEARS
SoCalBear323;841960723 said:

For the record, I was just rustling jimmies in this thread. Not that big of a Dodger fan. Just think it's funny how many Giants fans hate the Dodgers with such ferocity considering the Dodgers haven't been good in a while.

Will you start hating Furd less when they go back to their middling ways? That's what "rivalry" is all about. There is a long proud tradition of animosity between these two great clubs going back through to New York and many many generations. Go Giants! Beat LA!
sycasey
NYCGOBEARS;841960730 said:

Will you start hating Furd less when they go back to their middling ways? That's what "rivalry" is all about. There is a long proud tradition of animosity between these two great clubs going back through to New York and many many generations. Go Giants! Beat LA!

Exactly! There are some teams you hate because they are good and keep beating you. But a true rival is one you relish beating regardless of record.

Also, 2004 wasn't that long ago so screw the Dodgers.
SoCalBear323
NYCGOBEARS;841960730 said:

Guess I was never versed in the tradition of the rivalry. I was actually surprised to hear "Dodgers suck!" being screamed at me several times on my way to class the first time I wore my Dodgers cap on campus. At the time I just chalked it up to the one-sided rivalry between the Bay and L.A. :p
NYCGOBEARS
SoCalBear323;841961112 said:

Guess I was never versed in the tradition of the rivalry. I was actually surprised to hear "Dodgers suck!" being screamed at me several times on my way to class the first time I wore my Dodgers cap on campus. At the time I just chalked it up to the one-sided rivalry between the Bay and L.A. :p

Look up www.dodgers-giants.com. It's a website devoted to the rivalry. Great site with all the history between the two clubs. Having lived in the 323 (Silverlake), I do agree that the LA-SF thing is largely one sided. Los Angelinos generally like the Bay Area while not so much the other way round.
GB54
JollyBear;841960681 said:

Agreed.

From espn.com today: "Former Cy Young closer Eric Gagne alleges in his new biography that 80 percent of his Los Angeles Dodgers teammates were using performance-enhancing drugs."

In their case performance-diminishing drugs
sycasey
Once again: LOLgers!
NYCGOBEARS
sycasey;841967668 said:

You read my mind. Go Giants! We beat LA!
KoreAmBear
sycasey;841967668 said:

I lied, one more comment on this thread. Congrats to the Giants but I look forward to a Reds or Nats sweep. Thanks for showing class in victory @NYCGOBEARS. Dodgers will be back strong next season.

Now back to regularly scheduled programming, Cal football. Ugh.
sycasey
KoreAmBear;841967673 said:

I lied, one more comment on this thread. Congrats to the Giants but I look forward to a Reds or Nats sweep. Thanks for showing class in victory @NYCGOBEARS. Dodgers will be back strong next season.

If it makes you feel better, the Dodgers are a fine organization.
KoreAmBear
sycasey;841967677 said:

If it makes you feel better, the Dodgers are a fine organization.

LOL, coming from you, it actually does. Seriously, have fun watching your team in the playoffs. Sure beats trying to figure out what our football team is doing.
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;841967673 said:

KAB, thanks for your graciousness in defeat. Believe me, as a lifetime Giants fan, I do not take the Dodgers for granted. Never have. They are a great organization and that makes it all the more sweet. I am fortunate in that I have the MLB playoffs to look forward to as a distraction from this train wreck of a football season. But like you, I bleed blue and gold and my friend we will lose a lot of blood this season. Go Giants! Go Bears!
glb78
Eight years ago the Dodgers eliminated the Giants from the post season on game 161.

Today the Giants eliminated the Dodgers on game 161.

What a great rivalry. Go Giants.
NYCGOBEARS
glb78;841967724 said:

Eight years ago the Dodgers eliminated the Giants from the post season on game 161.

Today the Giants eliminated the Dodgers on game 161.

What a great rivalry. Go Giants.

+1
GoBears58
Go A's.... f' the giants and "Kook"

:bravo
liverflukes
Please God...make this thread disappear...
LethalFang
LOL bye bye dodgers, the most expensive fail since AOL-Time Warner. :rollinglaugh:
NYCGOBEARS
liverflukes;841967743 said:

Please God...make this thread disappear...

After the Giants win another World Series. 😝
Adrian The Cal Bear
I went to my first game at Dodgers Stadium on Monday. Even though the Giants lost, I had a great time. The fans around me were awesome despite the fact that I was the only one dressed up in Giants gear. Luckily I had a friend who was decked out in Dodgers gear with me. They made sure to rub it in to me when the Dodgers won in the 9th but it was cool. We had good laughs at some of our teams' faults.

I actually liked Dodgers Stadium a lot. Really different from AT&T. The weather was good and the beer was awesome. What more can I ask for for a October baseball game?

Good season to the Dodgers. Hopefully the chemistry issues your team is having will be fixed by next season. Looking forward to another tight race between both of our teams. But with that said, onto ORANGE OCTOBER! LETS GO GIANTS (and A's). Hoping for a BATTLE OF THE BAY WORLD SERIES!
NYCGOBEARS
Adrian The Cal Bear;841967886 said:

I went to my first game at Dodgers Stadium on Monday. Even though the Giants lost, I had a great time. The fans around me were awesome despite the fact that I was the only one dressed up in Giants gear. Luckily I had a friend who was decked out in Dodgers gear with me. They made sure to rub it in to me when the Dodgers won in the 9th but it was cool. We had good laughs at some of our teams' faults.

I actually liked Dodgers Stadium a lot. Really different from AT&T. The weather was good and the beer was awesome. What more can I ask for for a October baseball game?

Good season to the Dodgers. Hopefully the chemistry issues your team is having will be fixed by next season. Looking forward to another tight race between both of our teams. But with that said, onto ORANGE OCTOBER! LETS GO GIANTS (and A's). Hoping for a BATTLE OF THE BAY WORLD SERIES!

Adrian, Dodger Stadium is a great place to watch a game. I used to live not far in SilverLake and used to go often. I'm glad that you had a great time. Sorry you had to see the game we lost but in the end it all worked out perfectly. Giants should make a serious run at the WS. I'm excited.
Tedhead03
As a Dodgers fan, yesterday's loss was somewhat bittersweet. I already came to terms with the Dodgers missing the playoffs awhile ago, so I tried to look at the positives. Living in Downtown LA, I will not miss the intolerable traffic jam during rush hour as I head home on game days. What did bring me a touch of sadness was hearing Vin Scully's call in the 8th and 9th innings, last night. I couldn't help but wonder how many years the man has left and how much it would mean to him if the Dodgers could make one last World Series run before his end.
NYCGOBEARS
Tedhead03;841967996 said:

As a Dodgers fan, yesterday's loss was somewhat bittersweet. I already came to terms with the Dodgers missing the playoffs awhile ago, so I tried to look at the positives. Living in Downtown LA, I will not miss the intolerable traffic jam during rush hour as I head home on game days. What did bring me a touch of sadness was hearing Vin Scully's call in the 8th and 9th innings, last night. I couldn't help but wonder how many years the man has left and how much it would mean to him if the Dodgers could make one last World Series run before his end.

Typical Dodgers fan worried about the traffic. 😜 Lol. I jest. Kind of.

Scully is a class act. No doubt. I'm not gonna cry for him however.
SoCalBear323
NYCGOBEARS;841967892 said:

Adrian, Dodger Stadium is a great place to watch a game. I used to live not far in SilverLake and used to go often. I'm glad that you had a great time. Sorry you had to see the game we lost but in the end it all worked out perfectly. Giants should make a serious run at the WS. I'm excited.

Was Silverlake already hipster nation when you lived there?
KoreAmBear
NYCGOBEARS;841968259 said:

Typical Dodgers fan worried about the traffic. �� Lol. I jest. Kind of.

Scully is a class act. No doubt. I'm not gonna cry for him however.

The best. I saw Scully at my friend's 1991 Cal Rhetoric graduation at Zellerbach. I think he was there for his niece or something. He didn't big time anyone and he was the same guy we know and love, in person. As a Dodger fan listening to him since like 5 years old (when my baseball loving dad introduced me to the Dodgers), it is going to be truly a sad day when he gives it up. I mean, this guy called games involving Jackie Robinson, Duke Snider, Pee Wee Reese, Bobby Thomson, Sandy Koufax, Juan Marichal, Willie Mays, etc. He's seen it all!

I thought Ross Porter was done wrong to begin with. Darn, I posted on this thread again! I can't stay away.
NYCGOBEARS
SoCalBear323;841968277 said:

Was Silverlake already hipster nation when you lived there?

It was halfway there when we first moved in and full fledged retro nasty unshaven girlfriend jean wearing mumbling Johnny Cash discovering Gomer Pyle hat wearing center of the universe by the time we left.

Luckily, we lived on the reservoir and away from Sunset/Echo Park where most of it was centered.

A friend in SF just sent me an email stating that all the places I live in become hipster havens and then I leave. He referenced an article naming Silver Lake and The Mission District (SF) as the top two hipster neighborhoods. Good thing I don't live in Williamsburg.
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;841968283 said:

The best. I saw Scully at my friend's 1991 Cal Rhetoric graduation at Zellerbach. I think he was there for his niece or something. He didn't big time anyone and he was the same guy we know and love, in person. As a Dodger fan listening to him since like 5 years old (when my baseball loving dad introduced me to the Dodgers), it is going to be truly a sad day when he gives it up. I mean, this guy called games involving Jackie Robinson, Duke Snider, Pee Wee Reese, Bobby Thomson, Sandy Koufax, Juan Marichal, Willie Mays, etc. He's seen it all!

I thought Ross Porter was done wrong to begin with. Darn, I posted on this thread again! I can't stay away.

I've had the chance to speak with Scully on a few occasions and he was always incredibly gracious. Knowing I was a Giants fan, he would tell me stories of the old days and how much respect he had for all the Giants players I grew up loving. You do know that he grew up as a Giants fan, right? Listening to him call games when I lived in LA was a joy. You'll never hear one bad word ever pass my lips about him. Other Doyers?..... Scully is an institution as was Chick.
SoCalBear323
NYCGOBEARS;841968286 said:

It was halfway there when we first moved in and full fledged retro nasty unshaven girlfriend jean wearing mumbling Johnny Cash discovering Gomer Pyle hat wearing center of the universe by the time we left.

Luckily, we lived on the reservoir and away from Sunset/Echo Park where most of it was centered.

A friend in SF just sent me an email stating that all the places I live in become hipster havens and then I leave. He referenced an article naming Silver Lake and The Mission District (SF) as the top two hipster neighborhoods. Good thing I don't live in Williamsburg.

Hahaha. Yeah, can't imagine too many places worse than Silverlake when it comes to pseudo intellect and douchebaggery.
NYCGOBEARS
SoCalBear323;841968320 said:

Hahaha. Yeah, can't imagine too many places worse than Silverlake when it comes to psuedo intellect and douchebaggery.

True though I really loved that neighborhood and went to great lengths to avoid the hipsters. There were some great cafes that I wouldn't go to because if I had to over hear one more of those idiotic and pretentious conversations, I'd freak out.
SoCalBear323
NYCGOBEARS;841968323 said:

True though I really loved that neighborhood and went to great lengths to avoid the hipsters. There were some great cafes that I wouldn't go to because if I had to over hear one more of those idiotic and pretentious conversations, I'd freak out.

Yeah, I mean there are hit and miss places. Some bars and shops are chill. There's also some real affluence in the good parts of Silverlake, a lot of Hollywood peeps.
NYCGOBEARS
SoCalBear323;841968324 said:

Yeah, I mean there are hit and miss places. Some bars and shops are chill. There's also some real affluence in the good parts of Silverlake, a lot of Hollywood peeps.

I miss Ye Ole Rustic Inn in Los Feliz. Great dive bar with the best Buffalo Chicken Wings ever and that includes NYC.
calumnus
liverflukes;841955860 said:

Take off that Dodger shirt!

And I'm a Dodger fan.
First Page Last Page
Page 9 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.