Hey Dodgers Fans

999,156 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by Big C
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I love this thread...
rathokan
gotta love Kershaw... that guy is nails
TiredBear
stanfurdbites;842108650 said:

You can win the offseason all you want. We'll continue to win the real season.

Fair enough, but that is worthless...
SurvivorOf1and10fkaLEA
Giants played 113 games in 2012 with the benefits of an admitted PED user.

beelzebear
SurvivorOf1and10fkaLEA;842108680 said:

They even gave him a ring.
BowDowntoWashington
Kershaw owns the Giants and he doesn't need PED's like the Giants' best players...
sycasey
It's one game. Kershaw is good. *shrug*

Having two World Series victories in 3 years makes it easy to shrug these things off.
sycasey
TiredBear;842108647 said:

The Dodgers will become the west coast version of the Yankees. With a bloated payroll and feeling of entitlement, many have said they will go nowhere. I agree...

Now now, in order to be the Yankess they would actually have to win a few championships with young talent before bloating their payroll on overpriced veterans. The Dodgers have gone right to Phase 2.
beelzebear
Hey I'm happy the Dodger have the bucks AND are willing to spend it. It's going to be great.
ducky23

Wait? What? Manny Ramirez? Huh? What?
sycasey

Ah yes, the old steroid jokes from the fans who once rooted for Manny Ramirez and Eric Gagne. Always rich!
71Bear
SF opened last season by losing three in a row to AZ and won the world title.

Dodger fans are a sad bunch. Heck, anyone who crows after one game is either a damn fool or simply doesn't understand the dynamics of the game....
BowDowntoWashington
sycasey;842108697 said:

Ah yes, the old steroid jokes from the fans who once rooted for Manny Ramirez and Eric Gagne. Always rich!

The difference being that Dodgers fans don't want Gagne or Ramirez to be honored and realize that their accomplishments were tainted. Giants fans (and the organization) still worship Bonds like a false idol.
Cal_Fan2
grandmastapoop;842108632 said:

Kiss the rings.

"Amateurs....."

chazzed
71Bear;842108701 said:

SF opened last season by losing three in a row to AZ and won the world title.

Dodger fans are a sad bunch. Heck, anyone who crows after one game is either a damn fool or simply doesn't understand the dynamics of the game....

I guess you guys should just plan the championship parade right now.

Seriously, though, what fool comes into this thread expecting rational ideas? It's a smack-talk thread, period.
tydog
So does this mean Bryce Harper will hit 324 bombs this year?
beelzebear
Cal_Fan2;842108706 said:

"Amateurs....."

That's what she said...

TiredBear
BowDowntoWashington;842108704 said:

The difference being that Dodgers fans don't want Gagne or Ramirez to be honored and realize that their accomplishments were tainted. Giants fans (and the organization) still worship Bonds like a false idol.

Dude, where have you been? No one is idolizing Bonds. Frankly, he's persona non grata.
Cal_Fan2
beelzebear;842108727 said:

That's what she said...

Yeah yeah yeah....she sure did....seems like 1974 liked the A's better then those Dodger Blues... thanks for helping us to our "Three-peat"......:beer:

liverflukes
Best two posts on this thread. That's right...I quoted myself too :rollinglaugh:

liverflukes;842055168 said:

NYCGOBEARS;842055335 said:

[U]Marisa Miller is a huge Giants fan.[/U]

[U]You better recognize![/U]

beelzebear
Cal_Fan2;842108745 said:

Yeah yeah yeah....she sure did....seems like 1974 liked the A's better then those Dodger Blues... thanks for helping us to our "Three-peat"......:beer:

Did you forget these guys?

liverflukes
beelzebear...we need you on the womens' basketball thread! You bring good luck!
Cal_Fan2
beelzebear;842108774 said:

Did you forget these guys?

LOL....yeah, they were a hoot weren't they. Hell, I even worked out with McGuire sometimes at Gold's Gym in Walnut Creek back in the day....if you think he was a roider, you should have seen his baby brother, the insane a$$...oh, by the way, did YOU forget this guy? The roiders were all over the place baby....

Quote:

Eric Gagne, who years ago acknowledged his record-setting performance as a relief pitcher for the Los Angeles Dodgers was in part fueled by human growth hormone, claims in a forthcoming biography that 80% of his Dodgers teammates also used performance-enhancing drugs.

"I was intimately aware of the clubhouse in which I lived. I would say that 80% of the Dodgers players were consuming them,

Quote:

While that seems like a startling number, and could be exaggerated, of course, Gagne's Dodgers teams comprised a significant cluster of publicly identified users during the height of baseball's steroid era.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/mlb/dodgers/story/2012/09/26/former-dodgers-reliever-eric-gagne-said-80-of-teammates-used-performance-enhancing-durgs/57843050/1
beelzebear
Cal_Fan2;842108785 said:

LOL....yeah, they were a hoot weren't they. Hell, I even worked out with McGuire sometimes at Gold's Gym in Walnut Creek back in the day....if you think he was a roider, you should have seen his baby brother, the insane a$$...oh, by the way, did YOU forget this guy? The roiders were all over the place baby....

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/mlb/dodgers/story/2012/09/26/former-dodgers-reliever-eric-gagne-said-80-of-teammates-used-performance-enhancing-durgs/57843050/1

Gagne is a freakin' Canuck, that's his deal!

Okay, truce. This could go on...so... Go Bears!
YuSeeBerkeley
sycasey;842108697 said:

Yeah, but those users didn't add to the Dosgers' ring total. Big difference. Asterisk!
GMP
YuSeeBerkeley;842108815 said:

Yeah, but those users didn't add to the Dosgers' ring total. Big difference. Asterisk!

Dodger fans have resorted to talking trash that other teams' cheaters cheated better than their own cheaters. Sad.
sycasey
YuSeeBerkeley;842108815 said:

It HAS been a while since you guys have won anything, hasn't it? Well, you keep at it!
sycasey
BowDowntoWashington;842108704 said:

If either of those guys had been as good as Bonds, I guarantee they would too.
Cal_Fan2
sycasey;842108928 said:

If either of those guys had been as good as Bonds, I guarantee they would too.

Forget steroids...since the 50's there have been many guys who cheated by throwing a spitball or doctored ball. 5 of the most prolific cheaters (google it if you'd like) were Preacher Roe, Whitey Ford, Gaylord Perry, Don Sutton and Don Drysdale. 1 Giant, 1 Yankee and 3 Dodgers....... .....:p
2ndTrumpetBear
Cal's heading to the Final Four and Los Doyas blank the Giants.

A great day in sports.
liverflukes
2ndTrumpetBear;842108980 said:

A great day in sports.

Indeed.
goldenbear2005
2ndTrumpetBear;842108980 said:

A great day in sports.

:bravo
CalBear68
rathokan;842108673 said:

gotta love Kershaw... that guy is nails

Well, I gotta agree with you there:

YuSeeBerkeley
grandmastapoop;842108822 said:

Dodger fans have resorted to talking trash that other teams' cheaters cheated better than their own cheaters. Sad.

You can justify it however you want, but there's no asterisk on any of the Dodgers' titles.
CalBear68
YuSeeBerkeley;842109105 said:

You can justify it however you want, but there's no asterisk on any of the Dodgers' titles.

That's because those titles were before the invention of chemistry. :rimshot:
First Page Last Page
Page 12 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.