Hey Dodgers Fans

995,758 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by Big C
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal_Fan2;842145626 said:

Very weird though if I remember right, he only played like 1 or 2 games and then retired.....

Half a season, I think. He was done at that point.
NYCGOBEARS
high calibear;842145627 said:

this one was pretty weird too...

For sure.
bonsallbear
Dusty Baker coaching the Giants.
KoreAmBear
NYCGOBEARS;842145631 said:

For sure.

People change LOL.

TheSouseFamily
KoreAmBear;842145705 said:

People change LOL.

Damn you, KAB! That picture of the Garve wearing brown makes me sad.
KoreAmBear
TheSouseFamily;842145708 said:

Damn you, KAB! That picture of the Garve wearing brown makes me sad.

Yes, he was my hero growing up and it broke my heart. Some other Dodgers looking weird:

Karros was actually the 1B during the Bartman game LOL.

GRRAAH
Another win!! +20.5 in 5 weeks...go blue
rathokan
so glad I park a Slingbox at my brother's house in LA!
2ndTrumpetBear
LethalFang;842145592 said:

Due to the curvature of Earth, you can't see the Giants at the White House no matter how good your binoculars are.

GB54
How come there are no Angels fans on this thread? I understand they have a lot of all stars on their roster. Must be an exciting time.
SoCalBear323
Great tribute to Mariano Rivera. What a classy organization.
BeggarEd
Giants win! Brett MVP Pill! Hopefully they can string together a few more here and make a push to get back to .500 and some kind of respectability.
uchighlander
BeggarEd;842146255 said:

Giants win! Brett MVP Pill! Hopefully they can string together a few more here and make a push to get back to .500 and some kind of respectability.
They have never been respectable. GO BEARS!!!
BeggarEd
uchighlander;842146429 said:

They have never been respectable. GO BEARS!!!

If 2 of the last 3 World Series wins isn't respectable then I'd hate to not have one since 1988.

Nice catch by Pig in the 9th against the Yankees last night...
bonsallbear
The following is from a recent MLB interview with Dan Mattingly:

Kershaw outdid himself in July with a 1.34 ERA, a 0.596 WHIP and a 21.50 strikeout-to-walk ratio. Since 1916, no pitcher with at least six starts has done better in a month. He struck out 43 and walked only two.

Kershaw leads the Major Leagues with a 1.87 ERA and a .185 opponents' batting average. He's second in the National League with 161 strikeouts and 168 1/3 innings pitched. He's tied for second place in the league in both shutouts (2) and complete games (3).

Seriously, would you still choose Voglesong over Kershaw???
Cal Panda Bear
bonsallbear;842147036 said:

The following is from a recent MLB interview with Dan Mattingly:

Kershaw outdid himself in July with a 1.34 ERA, a 0.596 WHIP and a 21.50 strikeout-to-walk ratio. Since 1916, no pitcher with at least six starts has done better in a month. He struck out 43 and walked only two.

Kershaw leads the Major Leagues with a 1.87 ERA and a .185 opponents' batting average. He's second in the National League with 161 strikeouts and 168 1/3 innings pitched. He's tied for second place in the league in both shutouts (2) and complete games (3).

Seriously, would you still choose Voglesong over Kershaw???

OMG guys, the post about Vogey being better over Kershaw was LITERALLY done a year ago, when Vogey was en route to leading his team to a World Series. It was also a tounge-in-cheek comment after Vogey outpitched Kershaw in a game.

Seriously, give it a break. We get it Doyer fans, you think Kershaw is the greatest pitcher to walk the earth. There, happy? Talk to me when he wins a championship ring (which he could very well do this year...but who knows!?!)
uchighlander
BeggarEd;842146435 said:

If 2 of the last 3 World Series wins isn't respectable then I'd hate to not have one since 1988.

Nice catch by Pig in the 9th against the Yankees last night...
Okay....I'll give you that but as a life long Dodger fan....even in Brooklyn....I have never like the Giants so I guess in my eyes they have never been respectable.

As far as Puig goes.....he is as talented as they come but has alot to learn. An example is last night he's on second with two outs...the ball is hit to center for a hit and he was watching it instead of running. He was thrown out at home....I mean with two outs you don't watch the ball you run....if it's caught no big deal....if it falls you score.
GO BEARS!!!
KoreAmBear
uchighlander;842147065 said:

Okay....I'll give you that but as a life long Dodger fan....even in Brooklyn....I have never like the Giants so I guess in my eyes they have never been respectable.

As far as Puig goes.....he is as talented as they come but has alot to learn. An example is last night he's on second with two outs...the ball is hit to center for a hit and he was watching it instead of running. He was thrown out at home....I mean with two outs you don't watch the ball you run....if it's caught no big deal....if it falls you score.
GO BEARS!!!

Yep he does that, he makes wide turns as he rounds 1B, he flips the bat (although he held onto it after yesterday's HR), doesn't back off when someone else has a play, and tries to steal bases for no reason (e.g. from 2nd to 3rd with two outs and Hanley at the plate - he's done it at least 3 times); but he gets game winning hits, forces the issue and causes errors, and his exuberance has been a joy to watch. I'll take that any day.
bonsallbear
Did I hit a nerve? Seems like a particular Giants fan is a little touchy right now.

Cal Panda Bear;842147054 said:

OMG guys, the post about Vogey being better over Kershaw was LITERALLY done a year ago, when Vogey was en route to leading his team to a World Series. It was also a tounge-in-cheek comment after Vogey outpitched Kershaw in a game.

Seriously, give it a break. We get it Doyer fans, you think Kershaw is the greatest pitcher to walk the earth. There, happy? Talk to me when he wins a championship ring (which he could very well do this year...but who knows!?!)
YuSeeBerkeley
KoreAmBear;842147067 said:

Yep he does that, he makes wide turns as he rounds 1B, he flips the bat (although he held onto it after yesterday's HR), doesn't back off when someone else has a play, and tries to steal bases for no reason (e.g. from 2nd to 3rd with two outs and Hanley at the plate - he's done it at least 3 times); but he gets game winning hits, forces the issue and causes errors, and his exuberance has been a joy to watch. I'll take that any day.

I have to say that all the boneheaded plays made by the Dodgers (and not just Puig) is a little disconcerting. At some point, blame should fall with the manager, no? Despite the wins, Mattingly still does not inspire confidence.
KoreAmBear
YuSeeBerkeley;842147075 said:

I have to say that all the boneheaded plays made by the Dodgers (and not just Puig) is a little disconcerting. At some point, blame should fall with the manager, no? Despite the wins, Mattingly still does not inspire confidence.

That one drop by Mark Ellis could have gone either way. The RF has a better angle and should have called off the 2B. However, Mark Ellis is like 30 years older than Puig and he should have been more demonstrative in calling off Puig if he had it. Oh well.

Mattingly learned from Torre, who wasn't a great Xs and Os manager himself. They are both suited for managing egos on high profile teams. I still scratch my head at some of his moves, but I think he's getting better. As far as a person, he's all class - he's humble and always takes the tough questions from the media (which includes the obnoxious TJ Simers).
GB54
KoreAmBear;842147081 said:

That one drop by Mark Ellis could have gone either way. The RF has a better angle and should have called off the 2B. However, Mark Ellis is like 30 years older than Puig and he should have been more demonstrative in calling off Puig if he had it. Oh well.

Mattingly learned from Torre, who wasn't a great Xs and Os manager himself. They are both suited for managing egos on high profile teams. I still scratch my head at some of his moves, but I think he's getting better. As far as a person, he's all class - he's humble and always takes the tough questions from the media (which includes the obnoxious TJ Simers).

Good observation on Torre. A manager in the AL has two basic jobs: keep everyone motivated and happy and work the bullpen. He was very good at the former and had Mariano for the latter. He never did as well in situations where he had to rely on x's and o's instead of talent.
YuSeeBerkeley
GB54;842147086 said:

Good observation on Torre. A manager in the AL has two basic jobs: keep everyone motivated and happy and work the bullpen. He was very good at the former and had Mariano for the latter. He never did as well in situations where he had to rely on x's and o's instead of talent.

He did a pretty good job while managing the Dodgers, too, though. I don't know. They say first impressions are hard to overcome, and my first impression of Donny baseball was when he inadvertently made two trips to the mound and was forced to change relievers ending up with a loss. A pretty boneheaded move that made me skeptical of his acumen from the beginning.
KoreAmBear
YuSeeBerkeley;842147091 said:

He did a pretty good job while managing the Dodgers, too, though. I don't know. They say first impressions are hard to overcome, and my first impression of Donny baseball was when he inadvertently made two trips to the mound and was forced to change relievers ending up with a loss. A pretty boneheaded move that made me skeptical of his acumen from the beginning.

Yah bad move but no biggee in the larger scheme of things. Look, even Bochy screwed up the batting order this season, which caused an out. This is a guy who has managed for more than a decade now. Now I was really miffed by Donny that he kept going to League way too much. I think we have like 14 blown saves this year. Imagine even when they weren't all that good, if we had half of those back. I am happy that Donny stuck with him (we are all big fans of him here in the 808), and now League looks like he has some confidence back.
calgldnbear
East Bay .... CAL, A's, Raiders, and Warriors

Interestingly, NO RED!!!!!!!

GO BEARS!!!!
chazzed
Adrian The Cal Bear;841904132 said:

Vogelsong > Kershaw

Yeah, no.
NYCGOBEARS
chazzed;842150779 said:

Yeah, no.

Sadly, I agree. Kershaw is having an unbelievable year.
sycasey
NYCGOBEARS;842150795 said:

Sadly, I agree. Kershaw is having an unbelievable year.

I don't think anyone was ever really serious about the Vogelsong > Kershaw thing. Kershaw is one of the best pitchers in baseball; Vogelsong was never the best pitcher on his own team.
moonpod
As a dodger fan this streak is a little scary too good to be true kinda thing honestly...
KoreAmBear
moonpod;842150804 said:

As a dodger fan this streak is a little scary too good to be true kinda thing honestly...

This feels like the roll the LA Kings were on in 2012.
CalBear68
Rev up the Dogger bandwagon:

KoreAmBear
CalBear68;842150819 said:

Rev up the Dogger bandwagon:

Hopefully, you'll denounce what happened over the weekend:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/08/adam-jones-fan-banana-baltimore-orioles-san-francisco/
CalBear68
Well, I'm more of an A's fan (grew up in Oakland area), so I didn't hear about the incident until you posted. Sounds pretty stupid. As we know, each team has their share of cretinous fans that do stupid things at the ballpark. I do enjoy needling Dogger fans tho'.
KoreAmBear
CalBear68;842150968 said:

Well, I'm more of an A's fan (grew up in Oakland area), so I didn't hear about the incident until you posted. Sounds pretty stupid. As we know, each team has their share of cretinous fans that do stupid things at the ballpark. I do enjoy needling Dogger fans tho'.

Yup. There are cretins who are Dodger fans, Giant fans, A's fans, Cal fans, Oregon fans, Raidas fans, UCLA fans, UW fans, etc...
YuSeeBerkeley
moonpod;842150804 said:

Yes, my concern is that they're peaking too soon. On the flip side, the Dodgers have been on this run with guys like Kemp and Ramirez in and out of the lineup.
First Page Last Page
Page 21 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.