Aaron Rodger is horrible

40,199 Views | 206 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 82gradDLSdad
YuSeeBerkeley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hanky1;842630959 said:

Butte alum Aaron Rodgers looks absolutely horrible just as he has all year. How is he even still the starting QB? At this point you've got to at least give the backup a chance.

In the running for most asinine post of the year.
jyamada
hanky1;842630959 said:

Butte alum Aaron Rodgers looks absolutely horrible just as he has all year. How is he even still the starting QB? At this point you've got to at least give the backup a chance.

Assuming there's a touch of sarcasm here......Rodgers still has a great arm from watching the first couple of TD passes. He just flicks the ball with his wrist, backpedaling and the ball has tremendous zip and accuracy. Give Rodgers time and he'll still tear apart defenses.
68great
jyamada;842631236 said:

Assuming there's a touch of sarcasm here......Rodgers still has a great arm from watching the first couple of TD passes. He just flicks the ball with his wrist, backpedaling and the ball has tremendous zip and accuracy. Give Rodgers time and he'll still tear apart defenses.

IF ... his receivers hang on to the ball.
The big difference between yesterday's game and a number that preceded it, is that his receivers made the easy catches and the tough catches. That had not been happening before.

To comment on another post, i would not say that AR is the greatest QB to come out of Cal. He arguably has had the greatest success; but much of that has to do with the circumstances of his selection in the draft. How well would AR have done if he had (i) been selected by the 49ers or some other team that had a desperate need for a QB and no O-Line; or (ii) had not had the opportunity to mature behind a great QB before taking over a fairly solid team.

I have not seen in person any QB who played at Cal before Craig Morton. Of those that I have seen in person, there are only a handful that I would put among the greatest QB's to come out of Cal (including Goff and AR). Maybe that should be a topic of its own thread it would lead to some interesting comparisons with no clear winner because of differing facts and circumstances. In such circumstances W-L's and statistics don't tell the whole story.
OneKeg
UCBerkGrad;842631073 said:

So much Cal self-loathing in this thread. Shut er down!

I hear you. Seriously. One might not be AR's (or DJax's) biggest fan but both are good players. Neither is a scumbag. How about a little support for ex-Cal players.
taxbear
It's still early, but I expect that when December rolls around the post will be in the Top 10.
LethalFang
68great;842631255 said:

IF ... his receivers hang on to the ball.
The big difference between yesterday's game and a number that preceded it, is that his receivers made the easy catches and the tough catches. That had not been happening before.

To comment on another post, i would not say that AR is the greatest QB to come out of Cal. He arguably has had the greatest success; but much of that has to do with the circumstances of his selection in the draft. How well would AR have done if he had (i) been selected by the 49ers or some other team that had a desperate need for a QB and no O-Line; or (ii) had not had the opportunity to mature behind a great QB before taking over a fairly solid team.

I have not seen in person any QB who played at Cal before Craig Morton. Of those that I have seen in person, there are only a handful that I would put among the greatest QB's to come out of Cal (including Goff and AR). Maybe that should be a topic of its own thread it would lead to some interesting comparisons with no clear winner because of differing facts and circumstances. In such circumstances W-L's and statistics don't tell the whole story.

Those accuracies are unseen anywhere else in the NFL for a long time, regardless of OL, coaching, yada yada.
Cal88
Rodgers had been the best active QB going into this season, but he's faded in the past couple of months and has been in a slump. He had a bad start yesterday, but finished well enough to put away a .500 team.

GB is lucky to avoid the top two teams in the division next week, so they have a chance to advance, but it would take top-notch QB play and then some for Rodgers to be able to beat the Hawks/Panthers. We'll see how far along he's come back in the next week or two.
Bear_Elegance
hanky1;842630959 said:

This is probably the worst post in the history of this message board, and there have been a lot of really bad posts.
sycasey
Bear_Elegance;842631438 said:

This is probably the worst post in the history of this message board, and there have been a lot of really bad posts.

This is right up there with the guy who insisted (repeatedly) that the Warriors would not win the NBA Championship last year and the guy who posted (on Election Day) that Romney would beat Obama in a landslide.
Big C
sycasey;842631450 said:

This is right up there with the guy who insisted (repeatedly) that the Warriors would not win the NBA Championship last year and the guy who posted (on Election Day) that Romney would beat Obama in a landslide.

Throw in the "Aaron Rodger" in the post title and maybe we have a clear-cut winner.
68great
Bear_Elegance;842631438 said:

sorry to say but this is not even close to the worst post in the history of this message board.
:rant
sycasey
Big C_Cal;842631457 said:

Throw in the "Aaron Rodger" in the post title and maybe we have a clear-cut winner.

True, that is a nice touch.
Cal88
YuSeeBerkeley;842631200 said:

In the running for most asinine post of the year.

no.

philly1121;842631725 said:

Why the hate on Kiffin? The guy is a great play caller.
hanky1
Not a good start so far.
GRRAAH
Real hack indeed. 0-7 career in OT games. 0-3 playoff OT.
Robocheme
GRRAAH;842634536 said:

Real hack indeed. 0-7 career in OT games. 0-3 playoff OT.

Yeah, he should have won the coin flip
GRRAAH
Robocheme;842634541 said:

Yeah, he should have won the coin flip

That too!!
goldenokiebear
hanky1;842634411 said:

Not a good start so far.

How'd you like the finish? You are just having too much fun, or you really are that blinded by hate for Roger, err Rodger, err.....Rodgers.
okaydo

beeasyed
Cal88;842631776 said:

no.

still don't get it. besides bailing on Tennessee, and being a poor HC at SC, why do we hate Kiffen? he's done well reshaping Bama's offense and will get another crack at HC soon.
MiZery
Aaron Rodgers with the perfect pass rating today! Horrible indeed.
okaydo

Congrats to Rodgers for being as good asGoff, passer-ratings wise

upsetof86
MiZery said:

Noteworthy that AR now has a new OC/HC in Lafleur. Exited McCarthy. AR performed this miracle without his 3 starting WR healthy. Including his best Adam's. Yeah 3 newbie scrubs. 5 passing TDs and one running TD.
calumnus
upsetof86 said:

MiZery said:

Noteworthy that AR now has a new OC/HC in Lafleur. Exited McCarthy. AR performed this miracle without his 3 starting WR healthy. Including his best Adam's. Yeah 3 newbie scrubs. 5 passing TDs and one running TD.

Coaching matters, even when you have a Hall of Fame QB.
cal83dls79
ducky23 said:

burritos;842631003 said:

Bring in white michael vick.

Put in Reggie Robertson!

He's the only one who can actually close a big game.
don't tell me people on this board were calling for RR? If so it should have deserved a life ban.
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
okaydo
B.A. Bearacus
158.3 (Rodgers) > 5.6 (Darnold)
chazzed
Where is that wu55 hanky1?
PtownBear1
B.A. Bearacus said:

Lol. I watched the Jets game tonight as I had a few fantasy players going. SC has to hold the record for most NFL QB busts. Not sure why idiot GMs keep drafting them.
Oski87
PtownBear1 said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Lol. I watched the Jets game tonight as I had a few fantasy players going. SC has to hold the record for most NFL QB busts. Not sure why idiot GMs keep drafting them.
Same with Oregon...I anticipate watching Herbert go in the first round and get rattled (just like Eason at UW).

Problem with those guys is that they had good offensive lines and are not used to being rattled. Goff had the worst o-line in the PAC 12 during his days and so is relatively better QB since he is used to being hammered.
Bear8
How about us getting a great offensive line that doesn't go down with injury. With a great lline, an outstanding defense, no one could touch us.
B.A. Bearacus
Let's relive Rodgers' terrific day on Sunday -- why not?

calumnus
beeasyed said:

Cal88;842631776 said:

no.

still don't get it. besides bailing on Tennessee, and being a poor HC at SC, why do we hate Kiffen? he's done well reshaping Bama's offense and will get another crack at HC soon.

Mostly because he's a slimy ******, the son of a famous coach who Tedford gave his start but was in charge of USC recruiting during the Reggie Bush scandal and continued to fail up, especially going from Sark's OC to HC of the Raiders, getting into an ugly dispute with Davis, then jumping to HC at Tennessee then HC at USC, leaving everyone hating him.
Cave Bear
Anyone catch last night's game? Aaron Rodger played pretty well
okaydo
A few weeks ago, Steelers fans took over the Chargers stadium in L.A.

But the Steelers suck this year. And the Packers are 7-1 and their fanbase is as big or even bigger than the Steelers.

I bet it's going to be 98% Packers fans this Sunday.

Here's what it looked like the last time the (7-0) Packers played in a Chargers stadium, in 2011.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.