Aaron Rodger is horrible

40,177 Views | 206 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 82gradDLSdad
socaltownie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
okaydo said:

A few weeks ago, Steelers fans took over the Chargers stadium in L.A.

But the Steelers suck this year. And the Packers are 7-1 and their fanbase is as big or even bigger than the Steelers.

I bet it's going to be 98% Packers fans this Sunday.

Here's what it looked like the last time the (7-0) Packers played in a Chargers stadium, in 2011.

"Charger" football. God I am happy the Spanoses left. Enjoy them LA - the don Sterlings of the NFL.
Take care of your Chicken
calumnus
socaltownie said:

okaydo said:

A few weeks ago, Steelers fans took over the Chargers stadium in L.A.

But the Steelers suck this year. And the Packers are 7-1 and their fanbase is as big or even bigger than the Steelers.

I bet it's going to be 98% Packers fans this Sunday.

Here's what it looked like the last time the (7-0) Packers played in a Chargers stadium, in 2011.

"Charger" football. God I am happy the Spanoses left. Enjoy them LA - the don Sterlings of the NFL.

With the Rams back in LA, it seems like the OC would be the logical place for the Chargers (if not San Diego).
hanky1
chazzed said:

Where is that wu55 hanky1?
I've been on vacation the past two weeks. Currently in Laos.
B.A. Bearacus
Film study on Aaron's new O under LaFleur:

okaydo
Rodgers hasnt played in a stadium this small since___________?

okaydo
GBear4Life
I think it's silly that Matt LeFleur is getting credit for their current record. Played in a bunch of nail biters, could easily be 3-4 or 4-3. Offense is averaging same yards per play (5.9 this year to 5.8 in 2018) and averaging less rush yards per carry (4.0 this year to 5.0 in 2018). There's nothing elite about this team or Aaron Rodgers' play.
okaydo
GBear4Life said:

I think it's silly that Matt LeFleur is getting credit for their current record. Played in a bunch of nail biters, could easily be 3-4 or 4-3. Offense is averaging same yards per play (5.9 this year to 5.8 in 2018) and averaging less rush yards per carry (4.0 this year to 5.0 in 2018). There's nothing elite about this team or Aaron Rodgers' play.

The 8-0 Rams at this time last year could've easily been 4-4 if they didn't win close games vs the Packers, Broncos, Seahawks and Vikings.
GBear4Life
The NFL has made the HC basically a glorified coordinator position. LaFleur and Zac Taylor give me a break.
okaydo
Man, Rodger is 0-4 in L.A.
hanky1
Holy crap just took a sack for no reason to knock GB out of field goal range.
GivemTheAxe
okaydo said:

Hanky1: Can you start a "Cal will absolutely suck this year" thread?

Thanks.

Make it a "without Beau Baldwin Cal will Suck next year" thread.
hanky1
hanky1
B.A. Bearacus
Not sure why you needed the opinions of two random people without any football influence to help back up your point.
sketchy9
He throws off his back for on almost every throw. He makes it work most of the time, but it doesn't seem like it should. Maybe the poor mechanics are catching up to him as he ages.
MSaviolives
He needs to go back to holding the ball high on "the shelf" like Tedford taught him in the first place
TandemBear
I've always wondered how players REALLY feel about winning on the field. I realize to get to the pro NFL level, you HAVE to be seriously committed to your sport. So that almost always means caring deeply about winning. Because doing well and winning usually go hand in hand.

However, secretly, does Aaron really care THAT much about winning the games? Isn't the true "win" the mega bucks they get for their excellence? So even though he may not win on the field after the final score is on the board, he more than wins when he gets home to see his latest bank account balance. I mean these guys are RAKING in the bucks. Big time money. And Rodgers recently signed a record-breaking contract, so he "wins" every second of every day.

Now I know no player would EVER admit this because it would destroy their reputation and marketability in the league. But surviving to play year in and year out and reap the financial rewards is probably the actual "winning" when it comes to playing in the NFL.

Food for thought.
Cave Bear
hanky1 said:

She has obviously not watched enough Cal football in her lifetime, otherwise she would know from experience that absolute **** looks a lot worse than that
B.A. Bearacus
Let's get the win right here. Let's go Aaron and Crosby.
B.A. Bearacus

GBear4Life
sketchy9 said:

He throws off his back for on almost every throw. He makes it work most of the time, but it doesn't seem like it should. Maybe the poor mechanics are catching up to him as he ages.
Been saying this for years...
GBear4Life
Rodgers and the Packers had to come from behind against...David Blough and the cellar dwelling Lions
sycasey
Hanky talks junk about Rodgers, and the Packers come back to win. Tale as old as time.
chazzed
It is amusing to see people's trolling claims fail consistently, though.
GivemTheAxe
ducky23 said:

Hitler outplays Roosevelt in loss to allies

Technically FDR was a much better coach than AH. AH had a better team behind him. But he overplayed his hand. FDR played the better long game especially after those disastrous first few minutes
GBear4Life
Rodgers today: 49% comp on 55 att; 72 QB rating.

He was not good today, no matter how much his apologists spin it.
hanky1
sketchy9 said:

His mechanics are so off.
Bear19
hanky1 said:

Butte alum Aaron Rodgers looks absolutely horrible just as he has all year. How is he even still the starting QB? At this point you've got to at least give the backup a chance.
hanky1, your credibility as a football player evaluator is dropping here. Having a bad day. No, Rodgers does not be replaced by some backup.
hanky1
His mechanics have completely degraded the past 3 years. He's so cocky that he thinks he can make these weird throws off his back foot all the time just to make ESPN Top 10 highlights all the time. Occasionally he does it but largely he has become a failure.

If he gets back to the fundamentals maybe he can still salvage his career but I'm not confident he will because of his arrogance.
upsetof86
He does have a long history of problems with his left knee dating back to high school, at Cal, and most recently in 2018 and showed in Oct this year. The left foot being the one he normally throws off of as he used to like to tease his pal Cutler at Chicago who routinely didn't. Maybe part of his problems.
GBear4Life
hanky1 said:

His mechanics have completely degraded the past 3 years. He's so cocky that he thinks he can make these weird throws off his back foot all the time just to make ESPN Top 10 highlights all the time. Occasionally he does it but largely he has become a failure.

If he gets back to the fundamentals maybe he can still salvage his career but I'm not confident he will because of his arrogance.
Yup.

Nobody, especially Matt LaFraud, is going to step up and demand Rodgers work on his awfully obvious mechanic problems.

Rodgers gets defensive this year saying "I don't need to throw a bunch of TDs for us to win". Translation: I'm not taking any ownership for my poor/inconsistent play.

The MSM is complete chicken-sh*t on simply pointing this stuff out. It wasn't just McCarthy.
sycasey
Rodgers is not what he once was, and he was not good for most of this game, until the last drives.

But of course, suggesting that the Packers should bench him for a backup is ludicrous. Whatever has degraded about his play, he remains a top ten QB in the NFL by advanced metrics. You don't just bench one of those.
Cave Bear
GBear4Life said:

Rodgers today: 49% comp on 55 att; 72 QB rating.

He was not good today, no matter how much his apologists spin it.
There is literally not a single person in this thread claiming his performance was good today. But you go on beating the hell out of that bag of straw you're holding if it makes your Rodgers hating heart feel better.
B.A. Bearacus
Hanky, put your prediction of Rodgers' performance and game outcome vs. the 49ers right here before the game starts.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.