Story Poster
Photo by Cal Athletics
Cal Football

Cal Dominates Second Half in 27-16 Win Over Ole Miss

September 16, 2017

In all three games this season, Cal has trailed at halftime. And yet the Bears find themselves a perfect 3-0 heading into Pac-12 play.

Cal rallied past Ole Miss 27-16 Saturday night in front of 37,125 at Memorial Stadium.

The Bears outscored the Rebels 20-0 after the break to improve their second half point differential to 57-13 for the season.

Cameron Goode sealed the victory with a pick six late in the fourth quarter, as Cal won the turnover battle for the third straight game.

Devante Downs also had a massive game, recording 14 tackles, including three for loss, two sacks, and an interception.

Raymond Davison III, Alex Funches, and Hamilton Anoai'i also recorded sacks, and Jaylinn Hawkins had an interception.

On offense, Ross Bowers finished 24-47 for 236 yards, a touchdown, and two interceptions. Patrick Laird rushed for 78 yards on 22 carries. Vic Enwere carried 13 times for 75 yards.

Kanawai Noa led the Bears with six receptions for 81 yards, both career highs. Vic Wharton III added five catches for 57 yards and a score.

Stay tuned for postgame reaction from head coach Justin Wilcox and the players.

Discussion from...

Cal Dominates Second Half in 27-16 Win Over Ole Miss

11,392 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BearGoggles
01Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bears d was the hero tonight...great job in the second half!
Redonkulous Bear
Can I get a go bears on 3?
http://i.imgur.com/mNs8KsU.jpg
01Bear
Sweep The Leg Johnny
20-0 in the second half
01Bear
crazy stat of the day (courtesy the ap): ole miss was shut out after the 17th minute of the game...

(am i allowed to link espn articles?)
Bear19
Remarkable, unseen since the days of Rogers.
Bear 19
m2bear
Bear19 said:

Remarkable, unseen since the days of Rogers.
Who is Rogers ?
BearGoggles
01Bear said:

crazy stat of the day (courtesy the ap): ole miss was shut out after the 17th minute of the game...

Yes. Espn is fine. Just not Cal competitors (Rivals, 247, or Scout). Not sure about goldenblogs.
glb78
That was one of the more enjoyable games I've ever been to, even better than some of the early Tedford era games.

Once Zach Follett grabbed the mic in front of the student section, the D was unbreakable. I am so damn happy with the way this team played-even with some of the bad play calling (which will get fixed).. It's a new era Bear fans. Enjoy it!
01Bear
BearGoggles said:

01Bear said:

Yes. Espn is fine. Just not Cal competitors (Rivals, 247, or Scout). Not sure about goldenblogs.

per ap (as published on espn.com),
"The Golden Bears withstood two long TD passes by Rebels quarterback Shea Patterson but didn't allow a score over the final 43 minutes to end the nonconference season undefeated."
http://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=400933858

bross
01Bear said:

BearGoggles said:

01Bear said:

per ap (as published on espn.com),
"The Golden Bears withstood two long TD passes by Rebels quarterback Shea Patterson but didn't allow a score over the final 43 minutes to end the nonconference season undefeated."
http://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=400933858

Absolutely incredible
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/benrosssports
AceDaddy
We actually "won the second half". Lol.
BearGoggles
AceDaddy said:

We actually "won the second half". Lol.
How can we be the stronger/tougher team without t-shirts telling us that?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.