The "I see you through the smokey air" Coogs vs Golden Bears Game Thread

67,902 Views | 760 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PtownBear1
BearSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fumble recovered by Downs...
calgldnbear
Bears ball!!!!!
staygolden2001
Baldwin needs to give the running game a chance.
Strykur
Imagine the 2014 or 2016 teams with this defense.
FloriDreaming
Defense doing well! Happy to see this fighting spirit.
Grigsby
Sooo slow ...
Rxrg09b
We probably need 5+ turnover margin to win this game but on pace...
Cal88
The D came out to play, did some bending but stepping up big time.
m2bear
Why is Enwere in ?
bearsandgiants
Wow. This offense needs to do something. My god. D is awesome
Yogi58
Dammit, Bowers throws a good ball and Noa drops it. So Cal of us.
Grigsby
Ugh ... gotta catch that ....
Rxrg09b
High schools are better than our offense.
BearSD
Dammit, right through Noa's hands.
Grigsby
Good pocket movement there but too much to do.
touchdownbears43
Jesus christ
Kovy
Catch the damn ball
socaltownie
Sorry. One thing I disagree with on Wilcox is accountability. Forest should come in for next series.
01Bear
LunchTime said:

01Bear said:

if the bears can manage not to develop any health problems in 30-40 years, that'll be an upset...

i am beyond disappointed in the school for continuing with the game and forcing our young student athletes to expose themselves to increased risk of health problems...

i am also equally vexed that so many staunch cal supporters seem to root more for the team's win-column than for the heath of the team's members...
But you are OK with the game in general?

Odd to draw the line at lungs.

tbh, i am reconsidering my position on football...i love the physicality of it and i think kost people would agree that participants play with the knowledge that they could suffer joint damage later on...that's a risk that every athlete undertakes in every sporting contest of athletic prowess...

but with the research into brain injuries (e.g., cte) resulting from both sub-concussive and concussive impacts causing harm to a (or the) major organ, i'm not so sure if i can continue to love the game...the lung injuries that may develop from this past (half) week and tonight only add further weight against the game, overall...that is, i highly doubt any football player signed up for brain and/or lung damage...

additionally, (admittedly, this could be a stretch), but given the materials that were burned in the fires, it's possible that there are carcinogens that can/will cause a bear football player to develop some sort of cancer (maybe not just lung cancer) later on in life...i'd be highly aurprised if any of our wonderful student athletes signed up for that...
Yogi58
Only have to protect the 3 point lead for 52 more minutes and we're gold!
Grigsby
Nice coverage sack
BearSD
Same problem all season, starting with the North Carolina game -- offense failing to get points off of turnovers.

... aaaaaaaand then a punt through the end zone for only a 22-yard net on the punt.
LunchTime
How is that one bowers?

Seriously. The Receivers are doing NOTHING to help. The RBs don't even hop over people.

Not defending bowers, but the amount of hate for him is absurd. Dude just dropped a TD.
B.A. Bearacus
But two or three of those turnovers need to be returned for tds.
philly1121
Wazoo an had like 10 seconds to throw it. Come on!!
BearSD
socaltownie said:

Sorry. One thing I disagree with on Wilcox is accountability. Forest should come in for next series.
You want accountability... would you sit Noa until after halftime for dropping a sure TD pass?
Grigsby
Wonder if WSU will figure out that they don't need to pass
calgldnbear
Yogi Bear said:

Only have to protect the 3 point lead for 52 more minutes and we're gold!
positive thinking. I love it!!!!
LunchTime
01Bear said:

LunchTime said:

01Bear said:

if the bears can manage not to develop any health problems in 30-40 years, that'll be an upset...

i am beyond disappointed in the school for continuing with the game and forcing our young student athletes to expose themselves to increased risk of health problems...

i am also equally vexed that so many staunch cal supporters seem to root more for the team's win-column than for the heath of the team's members...
But you are OK with the game in general?

Odd to draw the line at lungs.

tbh, i am reconsidering my position on football...i love the physicality of it and i think kost people would agree that participants play with the knowledge that they could suffer joint damage later on...that's a risk that every athlete undertakes in every sporting contest of athletic prowess...

but with the research into brain injuries (e.g., cte) resulting from both sub-concussive and concussive impacts causing harm to a (or the) major organ, i'm not so sure if i can continue to love the game...the lung injuries that may develop from this past (half) week and tonight only add further weight against the game, overall...that is, i highly doubt any football player signed up for brain and/or lung damage...

additionally, (admittedly, this could be a stretch), but given the materials that were burned in the fires, it's possible that there are carcinogens that can/will cause a bear football player to develop some sort of cancer (maybe not just lung cancer) later on in life...i'd be highly aurprised if any of our wonderful student athletes signed up for that...
Fair enough
Grigsby
Nice return!
Yogi58
Great return Vic!
01Bear
incidentally, given my stance that the game ahould not have been played today, i've also decided not to watch it (nor even follow it in any other way)...i hope you all have a nice night...
KoreAmBear
B.A. Bearacus said:

But two or three of those turnovers need to be returned for tds.
I am not by a TV but seems that Wazzu do not physically outmatch us like SC or UW, or just out quick us like Oregon. I know they are skilled but this would seem like a better matchup. For now at least.
socaltownie
Great job byt defense. We NEED 7
Cal88
is that the first big return of the season?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.