Baldwin not a certainty to take OSU job

11,166 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by barabbas
Sebastabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
B.A. Bearacus said:

D
Ok, that's pretty outstanding.
chazzed
Sebastabear said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

D
It's funny *****

This must be their version of our Oregon 2006 game, by the way, where they unveil gold jerseys.
82gradDLSdad
chazzed said:

Sebastabear said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

D
It's funny *****

This must be their version of our Oregon 2006 game, by the way, where they unveil gold jerseys.

Little known fact that all these angels suffer from serious CTE due to playing this game without their helmets.
B.A. Bearacus
82gradDLSdad said:

Little known fact that all these angels suffer from serious CTE due to playing this game without their helmets.
Actually, 82, CTE most likely from post-practice shower room cat fights such as this one, where Jaclyn Smith protects helpless Cheryl Ladd. Wait, what forum am I in?

82gradDLSdad
B.A. Bearacus said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Actually, 82, CTE most likely from post-practice shower room cat fights such as this one, where Jaclyn Smith protects helpless Cheryl Ladd. Wait, what forum am I in?

Geez, now you got me watching that whole damn clip. Why did it look like Kate Jackson was rolling a joint in one scene? What kind of cop/model does that? What a show!
Sebastabear
82gradDLSdad said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Geez, now you got me watching that whole damn clip. Why did it look like Kate Jackson was rolling a joint in one scene? What kind of cop/model does that? What a show!
Yeah, seriously what the hell was that? It really looked like she was rolling a fattie there.

That shower scene was even dumber than the one on the football field. The cuts to Cheryl Ladd looking concerned while Kate Jackson "fought" the other player reminded me of every bad Bond girl who would stand in the background shrieking "Oh James" while he fought a human (or not) shark or a guy with a lethal piece of haberdashery.

Say what you will but TV and the movies have come a long way.
82gradDLSdad
Sebastabear said:

82gradDLSdad said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Yeah, seriously what the hell was that? It really looked like she was rolling a fattie there.

That shower scene was even dumber than the one on the football field. The cuts to Cheryl Ladd looking concerned while Kate Jackson "fought" the other player reminded me of every bad Bond girl who would stand in the background shrieking "Oh James" while he fought a human (or not) shark or a guy with a lethal piece of haberdashery.

Say what you will but TV and the movies have come a long way.

Actually I was thinking Buster Posey while watching her 'friend' fight.
B.A. Bearacus

Looks like the Beaver hunt is over.
Big C
OaktownBear said:

Big C said:

OaktownBear said:

Big C said:

In the four decades that I've followed the conference, there's been basically one HC who could lift up the Beavers' program, though many have tried. Coincidentally, that man is suddenly available again.

(I hope Baldwin stays, too. The whole staff, for that matter.)
I don't know about that. Dennis Erickson isn't really "suddenly" available. He's been out of coaching for several years. He's also pretty old.
Good one!

IIRC, Riley lifted the program up, then Erickson (quite a good coach at one time) added a few "student athletes" (lol) and took them, briefly, even higher.

Later, Riley lifted them up a second time. Countless others have tried and failed. If I were Baldwin, I'd think twice about going to Corvallis.
Riley went 0-8 in conference and then 2-6 his first stint at OSU. Somehow winning 2 games at OSU was so awesome he got an NFL job. I'd say Erickson built that program. Now, I was kidding because Riley did a good job following Erickson, but I have to give Erickson the nod.

My understanding was Riley was getting fired if Nebraska didn't bail OSU out. He had reached his Tedford 2012 point in his coaching trajectory. I don't think they want him back.
I won't dispute your W/Ls from Riley's first OSU stint (sounds like you looked 'em up), but I will say that, by the end of his first tenure, there was a general perception that he had the Beaver program in a stronger place than they had been for decades. Plus, Erickson must have been working mostly with Riley's recruits his first two years.

No doubt though, that Erickson could flat-out coach, back in the day. Funny that, in the midst of our "conversation" about this, he is now being mentioned as a candidate!
B.A. Bearacus
The way Oregon State looked at it:

okaydo

BearsWiin
B.A. Bearacus said:

Looks like the Beaver hunt is over.
You're a real hustler, first to break the news like that
okaydo
He'll become the youngest coach in the Pac-12, dethroning Justin Wilcox.

He's 2 years, 2 months younger than Wilcox.

We'll now have 3 Pac-12 coaches born in the late 70s.

LACalFan
BI P.O.Y. (post of the year) nomination. Amazing
packawana
So at least we probably get to keep one side of our staff for next year. Now hopefully Coach Azz likes it better in Berkeley than Westwood.
Looperbear
B.A. Bearacus said:

LMAO some more BA!
NYCGOBEARS
B.A. Bearacus said:

Classic!
82gradDLSdad
B.A. Bearacus said:

Well when you put it this way those are three pretty good candidates.
CALiforniALUM

Pump the brakes boyz....it aint 1979 anymore...

B.A. Bearacus
barabbas
71Bear said:

A new name has popped up in the OSU search - Lance Anderson, currently the DC at Stanford.

IMO, while it could still happen, the longer the search goes, the less likely it will be Baldwin.

Personally, I hope he stays at Cal.
It's a certainty he will not be the coach.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.