You can buy Jared Goff's house

7,181 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Another Bear
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

71Bear
Wow! Property is cheap there....

Compare that to a condemned property in Fremont that went for $1.2 million (200K over asking price).

going4roses
Talk about it
socaliganbear
That's a lot of sq ft for 1.8M.
okaydo
71Bear said:

Compare that to a condemned property in Fremont that went for $1.2 million (200K over asking price).

My parents bought their house in Los Angeles in the early 80s for like $160,000. My parents' house is like 25% the size of Goff's house, without a swimming pool. It's one story, four bedrooms, 1.5 baths, 100 years old. It's frankly a dump. Everything is falling apart. Yet two nearby houses sold for $2.3 million and $2 million, respectively.

Also, my parents' house is a 20-minute freeway-less drive to the Coliseum.

Sebastabear
I think the point is property is cheap everywhere compared to here. I'm thinking of moving to Tokyo or London to save some money.
bear2034

Apparently, he's a Cal fan.
okaydo
oskirules said:

Apparently, he's a Cal fan.

It's odd that he has the jersey of a cornerback of a division rival hanging on his wall.
wifeisafurd
okaydo said:

71Bear said:

My parents bought their house in Los Angeles in the early 80s for like $160,000. My parents' house is like 25% the size of Goff's house, without a swimming pool. It's one story, four bedrooms, 1.5 baths, 100 years old. It's frankly a dump. Everything is falling apart. Yet two nearby houses sold for $2.3 million and $2 million, respectively.

Various points:

1) OK's map says it all. Goff was out near the the Thousand Oaks Ram's training camp, which is a long way from the Los Angeles by car, and not going to be near where he will be playing and practicing in the future.

2) Most sane people living where Goff currently resides commute to Ventura or the west San Fernando Valley which doesn't offer huge downtown LA salaries or sustain prices like those closer to major work corridors in Los Angeles, such as West LA.

3) Because land costs are cheap where Goff lives, you can get a large house on property for what we now consider a "reasonable" price.

4) Goff probably ends-up in the South Bay or Palos Verdes Peninsula where athletes tend to congregate. Manhattan Beach and Rolling Hills, in particular, are loaded with professional athletes. Heck, I here Sharapova (M. Beach) is on the prowl for someone at least 6'4".
71Bear
wifeisafurd said:

okaydo said:

71Bear said:

VWow! Property is cheap there....

Various points:

1) OK's map says it all. Goff was out near the the Thousand Oaks Ram's training camp, which is a long way from the Los Angeles by car, and not going to be near where he will be playing and practicing in the future.

2) Most sane people living where Goff currently resides commute to Ventura or the west San Fernando Valley which doesn't offer huge downtown LA salaries or sustain prices like those closer to major work corridors in Los Angeles, such as West LA.

3) Because land costs are cheap where Goff lives, you can get a large house on property for what we now consider a "reasonable" price.

4) Goff probably ends-up in the South Bay or Palos Verdes Peninsula where athletes tend to congregate. Manhattan Beach and Rolling Hills, in particular, are loaded with professional athletes. Heck, I here Sharapova (M. Beach) is on the prowl for someone at least 6'4".
Wow. Still quite cheap. Here people are commuting into the Bay Area from the Central Valley and Sacramento because the prices are otherwise ridiculous. This is one time when I'm glad I am older.

I knew LA was cheaper, I just didn't think the disparity between urban North and urban South was that great.
okaydo
wifeisafurd said:

okaydo said:

71Bear said:

Various points:

Goff, I believe, spends a lot of time in Orange County, working out with the Chicago QB in Newport.

I don't know if he'll move there, though.

Seemingly a lot of sports media people (and some athletes) live in Manhattan Beach, so over Christmas break I went and checked it out for the first time.

It's nice, yes. But not my cup of tea.

The Los Angeles Times will be moving to nearby El Segundo this summer.
hanky1
Oak Park is really far out there. It's out there even for San Fernando Valley.
hanky1
There's actually alot of celebrities who live out in that part of San Fernando Valley mainly because it's far enough from LA that people don't go out there to bother them.
ColoradoBear
The Rams practice in Thousand Oaks and have team offices in Angora Hills. Would imagine players spend a good amount of their weekdays during the season out there.

Probably a boring place to live out that waty, but I can't imagine one would want to live south, especially before the Rams move to a permanent location. I'm getting google to spit out a commute tome of 2:26hrs from Thousand Oaks to Huntington Beach, if one were to leave right now (4pm). 1:57hrs to PV.

I bet he moves to the hollywood hills. because why not?

okaydo
hanky1 said:

There's actually alot of celebrities who live out in that part of San Fernando Valley mainly because it's far enough from LA that people don't go out there to bother them.

I think what you're referring to is Calabasas.

hanky1
Ummm...You realize Oak Park is right next to Calabasses right? Oak Park/Agoura Hills/Calabasses...there's lots of celebrities out there.
okaydo
hanky1 said:

Ummm...You realize Oak Park is right next to Calabasses right? Oak Park/Agoura Hills/Calabasses...there's lots of celebrities out there.

"Oak Park is right next to Calabasses."

Even by car it's a 30-minute drive (at the moment).

That's like saying "The Beach is right next to Vine Street in Hollywood."

My point is, freeway/out in the boonies-wise, they are practically neighbors. But city-wise, they are really far apart.

okaydo
Wow, Rams attracting big names. Like the director of Killing Gunther.

Richard__Lee
okaydo said:

1 hour to get from Oak Park to the LA Memorial Coliseum?!?

No way.

Unless you are driving from Oak Park to the Coliseum at like 3 am, it takes more like almost 2 hours to get from Oak Park to the Coliseum. Driving on the 101 is never fully clear unless it's about 3 am or 4 am.

The 101 freeway isn't even close to as bad as the 405 freeway, either.
You can’t spell NCAA without N-C-A-A.
FuzzyWuzzy
Richard__Lee said:

okaydo said:

1 hour to get from Oak Park to the LA Memorial Coliseum?!?

No way.

Unless you are driving from Oak Park to the Coliseum at like 3 am, it takes more like almost 2 hours to get from Oak Park to the Coliseum. Driving on the 101 is never fully clear unless it's about 3 am or 4 am.

The 101 freeway isn't even close to as bad as the 405 freeway, either.

Google maps is saying 47 min. from OP to Coliseum right now. I only looked it up because I have to go from Santa Monica to Santa Barbara next weekend and I wanted to know if it is really that bad (1:30 right now).
FuzzyWuzzy
So anyway, speaking of the Calabasas/Oak Park area...

If you like pastrami, you should stop at Brent's. It's right off the 101 in Westlake Village. I almost can't pass the exit without stopping. I also like the Matzo ball soup. But I live in a Jewish deli desert so maybe I'm just hard up...
wifeisafurd
okaydo said:

wifeisafurd said:

okaydo said:

71Bear said:

Various points:

Goff, I believe, spends a lot of time in Orange County, working out with the Chicago QB in Newport.

I don't know if he'll move there, though.

Seemingly a lot of sports media people (and some athletes) live in Manhattan Beach, so over Christmas break I went and checked it out for the first time.

It's nice, yes. But not my cup of tea.

The Los Angeles Times will be moving to nearby El Segundo this summer.
You right, Goff spends a lot of time in the OC, training and often with present or former Cal players.
75bear
FuzzyWuzzy said:

If you like pastrami, you should stop at Brent's. It's right off the 101 in Westlake Village. I almost can't pass the exit without stopping. I also like the Matzo ball soup. But I live in a Jewish deli desert so maybe I'm just hard up...

I've been to that Brent's location many times, and the pastrami is pretty average. Langer's in LA has the best pastrami.
okaydo
I'm really digging Goff's new look. It sort of reminds me of when Rodgers grew out his hair.

LACalFan
75bear said:

FuzzyWuzzy said:

I've been to that Brent's location many times, and the pastrami is pretty average. Langer's in LA has the best pastrami.
+1
hanky1
75bear said:

FuzzyWuzzy said:

IMO Ugly Drum has supplanted Langer's as best pastrami in LA.
bluehenbear
Who ever walks in LA?
LACalFan
hanky1 said:

75bear said:

FuzzyWuzzy said:

Oh yeah? I'll have to track Ugly Drum down.

I haven't been yet, but this place just opened in my hood http://freedmansla.com/ Might have to sample their reuben
hanky1
LACalFan said:

hanky1 said:

75bear said:

FuzzyWuzzy said:

Oh yeah? I'll have to track Ugly Drum down.

I haven't been yet, but this place just opened in my hood http://freedmansla.com/ Might have to sample their reuben

I remember someone told me Ugly Drum was better than Langer's last year and I just rolled my eyes...but I tried it out and yeah...it's better than Langer's.

They have a stand at Smorgasborg in DTLA every Sunday.
LACalFan
That's some big talk. I'll definitely try it. Thx
okaydo
bluehenbear said:

Who ever walks in LA?

Me. I probably walked somewhere between 1500 and 2000 miles through the streets of Los Angeles in 2017.
rathokan
Ugly Drum.... thanks for the tip... will try next time I'm down there
rathokan
I believe Keyshawn Johnson lives in Calabassas... or as he calls it Calablackless
okaydo
rathokan said:

I believe Keyshawn Johnson lives in Calabassas... or as he calls it Calablackless

ColoradoBear
Key in a Prius chasing down Justine beiber. Haha.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.