joe starkey

CalBarn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AunBear89 said:

It's been too long since his second day on the job.

Since1975.
I couldn't agree more. He's so bad if I don't have access to TV, I will simply not listen to him
and just wait until later to find out if Cal won or lost. It's too painful, frustrating, and aggravating.
Who needs the stress of a horrible play-by-play broadcast that drives you crazy?
76BearsFly
I would like to see him transition into more color than play-by-play.
Another Bear
Joe had a great run, Niners, Cal and a bunch of other stuff.

I'm bringing this up because no one should feel bad for Joe. He had a great career and now it's probably time to hang 'em up.

Besides the competence and slipping stuff, it's time. The new Cal AD has listened to the fans. Knowlton knows the fan experience needs to improve and by extension the whole broadcast crew needs to be updated. Post game show too. Joe and Cupper, they're now the age of current UC student's GREAT-grandparents (maybe great-great-gp). Get the age gap to about parents level or with a generation.
philbert
I switched stations during the postgame show when the Cupper started reminiscing about one of his old teams. Truly bad radio.
85Bear
philbert said:

I switched stations during the postgame show when the Cupper started reminiscing about one of his old teams. Truly bad radio.
Me too. I wonder if someone here with connections could ask Knowlton to tune into the show and take a listen sometime. I'd hope that he'd be appalled by what he hears and take appropriate action.
Page 3 of 3
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.