Happy 20th Bear-thday CyberBears.ORG ---->.BearInsider!!!

13,003 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by smh
Fyght4Cal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MoragaBear said:

I love seeing our old Old Blues at the games. We were in the elevator with a couple probably in their 90's, all decked out in Cal gear.

When so many complain about not going to the games anymore for this reason or that, I see people like them and think that's what it's all about.
I noticed the same thing and pointed it out to my seat mate, TL. It was fantastic to see so many senior Old Blues in CMS early on a Fall afternoon.
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
Calfans
Thanks mcd59!

Hope you and your wife are well.
Cal-i-for-nia. (Clap, Clap)(Clap, Clap, Clap)

FloriDreaming
LOL, "Tom Holmoe Strong!" Coach evaluation skills on par with writing skills.
FloriDreaming
Those were the days. Found it in 2001, so 17 years for me. It was fun to watch all the stubborn Holmoe apologists finally come to grips with reality. Then 2002 and the predictions that Cal and JT didn't quite have enough to beat Baylor that year, quickly replaced with "will we get the penalty deferred so Cal can play in the Rose Bowl?"

Just in case anyone was thinking the Bipolar Disorder on this board is something new.
HodaddyBear
I (mostly) lurked on the listsrv. I (mostly) lurked on Cyberbear.org. I (mostly) lurk now. But I check it every day.

One my favorite posts was a long post someone about why Washington was as good as it was (Don James years) and the expectation of winning. I printed it out and lost it, but perhaps it is the archives somewhere
Calfans
Aussie Bear said:

I was around on the gobears mailing list but I was on something even before that. Anyone remember Reza Serafine (sp?) who was one of the earliest organizers, if not the first. There was also some IT guy named Dave (IIRC) who used to troubleshoot things and set up a few meetings for list members.

Aussie
I thought Sean "Yoda" Rouse and David Friedman were the Go Bears list creators?

MoragaBear
Staff
Sean Rouse from Orinda?
Calfans
Not sure where he's from but I think he lives in Berserkeley

MoragaBear
Staff
Pretty sure he's an old Miramonte classmate of mine if he was a young blue when he was involved with the early newsletter.
dajo9
I was on cyberbears about the year 2000. I remember my first discussions being about whether or not to fire Holmoe. I got busy (MBA, marriage, career launch) and disappeared from the community until about 2005. Those were optimistic times.

I remember coming back and making some bold statement about football, which realbear picked apart real easy.
American Vermin
oskidunker
none of the messages can be read, just thread titles. wrong code.
Go Bears!
smh
MoragaBear said:

Sean Rouse from Orinda?
got twitter webmaster? this fella has >50k tweets, supposing it's him..
https://twitter.com/seanyodarouse
Quote:

Sean "Yoda" Rouse
Married IT Professional, Cal alumnus, Star Wars & Disney fan.
Berkeley, CA
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
Blueblood
smh said:

MoragaBear said:

Sean Rouse from Orinda?
got twitter webmaster? this fella has >50k tweets, supposing it's him..
https://twitter.com/seanyodarouse
Quote:

Sean "Yoda" Rouse
Married IT Professional, Cal alumnus, Star Wars & Disney fan.
Berkeley, CA

Hmmm....I don't think that I've ever met Yoda? But....then again.....I haven't met too many people.....
people scare me! All I can say that before CyberBears getting info on Cal football, basketball, etc...
was hit or miss....in other words horrible....imagine depending upon the SF newspapers for any Cal
info.....brrrrr.......thank god or whatever for Chris Avery!!!!
Aussie Bear
Calfans said:

Aussie Bear said:

I was around on the gobears mailing list but I was on something even before that. Anyone remember Reza Serafine (sp?) who was one of the earliest organizers, if not the first. There was also some IT guy named Dave (IIRC) who used to troubleshoot things and set up a few meetings for list members.

Aussie
David Friedman was the name I was thinking of. Sean "Yoda" Rouse is also correct. However, when you meantion those two, it made me again think there was something earlier than the Go Bears list, organized by Reza Serafine. I met Reza on a trip from Australia, too many years ago...enough to say that memory is probably not perfect. I am thinking late 80s here.
philbert
Aussie Bear said:

Calfans said:

Aussie Bear said:

Aussie
David Friedman was the name I was thinking of. Sean "Yoda" Rouse is also correct. However, when you meantion those two, it made me again think there was something earlier than the Go Bears list, organized by Reza Serafine. I met Reza on a trip from Australia, too many years ago...enough to say that memory is probably not perfect. I am thinking late 80s here.

I think you're correct that Reza pre-dated Dave and Sean. I think Reza started an email list in the late 80s to early 90s to talk Cal FB and recruiting. Eventually, Dave and Sean took it over and made it the GoBears list.
Aussie Bear
philbert said:

Aussie Bear said:

Calfans said:

Aussie Bear said:

Aussie
David Friedman was the name I was thinking of. Sean "Yoda" Rouse is also correct. However, when you mention those two, it made me again think there was something earlier than the Go Bears list, organized by Reza Serafine. I met Reza on a trip from Australia, too many years ago...enough to say that memory is probably not perfect. I am thinking late 80s here.

I think you're correct that Reza pre-dated Dave and Sean. I think Reza started an email list in the late 80s to early 90s to talk Cal FB and recruiting. Eventually, Dave and Sean took it over and made it the GoBears list.
Thanks Philbert...so I am not completely senile. Working hard on it though! I wonder how many others remember or were on that list.
smh
test, faild
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.