Cal vs. Oregon at 730pm on FoxSports1

5,878 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by okaydo
KoreAmBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ducky23 said:

I mean...it's only the biggest game since arguably Oregon 07. Cause if you win this you're looking 7-0 squarely in the face. So I don't want to hear any 730pm omg so late excuses for this one
I didn't want to jinx it (esp. getting over that 5-0 hurdle which we have had like 6 times since the 80s), but yah I am thinking the same way. We need to pack the house. We have two weeks to do it.
okaydo
smh said:

okaydo said:

Up against SNL's season premiere. I guess at least I have something else to watch at the same time.
Two words 1) Tivo, 2) It. Your call which, okay do?

Me, shoot, i'm too old to wander about in the dark.

The great thing about YouTube TV and its unlimited cloud DVR is that if there were 20 shows that are on at the same time that I want to watch, I can record all 20 shows!

Also, with YouTube TV, you can have one college game playing on your big-screen TV, another game playing on your iPad and another game playing on your other iPad simultaneously (or computer, or iphone, etc.)

This past weekend, I'd watch one game on the big screen and the Cal game on the iPad* mounted to this stand ($30 on Amazon) . It's pretty freakin fantastic.

Anyways, I'll watch the Cal vs. Oregon game on the big screen with the sound off while watching SNL simultaneously from 8:30 to 10 pm on the iPad. Then I could go out after the game!

(*I don't have Pac-12 Network, so I had to watch the Idaho State game on a browser URL full-screened on iPad )
upsetof86
We are there no question. No way to miss this one. Oregon is good on O and D and QB and team speed. It'll be a killer test for us. They could be the best of the North.
25To20
Quote:

The great thing about YouTube TV and its unlimited cloud DVR is that if there were 20 shows that are on at the same time that I want to watch, I can record all 20 shows!
Their web site does not list the Pac12 Network as one of their channels. So, I would be unable to watch at least some of the Cal games. Is my information incorrect? I am a big believer in cord cutting, but this does not seem like the best solution.
oskidunker
Sling tv is the only provider that streams pac12 net. That could change but probably not this year.
Go Bears!
BearSD
Fubo is another streaming service that includes Pac-12 Network.

https://www.fubo.tv/welcome/channels

okaydo
25To20 said:

Quote:

Their web site does not list the Pac12 Network as one of their channels. So, I would be unable to watch at least some of the Cal games. Is my information incorrect? I am a big believer in cord cutting, but this does not seem like the best solution.

There are 4-12 hours a year that I need Pac-12 Network. There are ways to watch Pac-12 Network, including getting a free one week Sling trial (I haven't done that). And there are other ways.

My point is it's not worth determining a TV service based on 4-12 hours a year.
okaydo
From Chantel Jennings:

GivemTheAxe
HighlandDutch said:

Not my favorite time, but it's not so bad in late September. At least the tailgate will be before sunset, and it shouldn't be too cold.

"Not so bad" if you live nearby. But if you have a 1-2-3 hour drive away you get home awfully late at night (or should I say early in the morning).
My sister and brother in law have a 2 hour drive home. So they are probably not coming even though they are season ticket holders and attend every game held at a reasonable hour.
The same goes for one of Pappys Boys who has seats behind me in CMS. (He lives in Stockton.)
MugsVanSant
I am happy that the game will not start until 7:30. I have to drive 90 miles each way to get to the game. I have met people who drive from Marysville and Healdsburg. The late start gives me a chance to sleep on Saturday morning and be well rested for the drive and the game. It beats the hell out of getting up at 6 am for a 1 pm game. Besides, we seem to have pretty good luck playing at night. Our route of WSU had a 7:30 kickoff. So did our wins over Texas, Utah and Ole Miss. The great win over Oregon when Tedford unveiled the yellow jerseys was also a 7:30 game.
okaydo
2006 Cal Oregon ?

That was a 5 pm kickoff on ABC Saturday Night Football with Musberger.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.