Who does U$C hire?

6,904 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 01Bear
Bear_Territory
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wilcox, Tedford or does Pete Carrol return?
TheSouseFamily
Tee Martin.
tim94501
Les miles
Bear19
Buh.
Golden One
Nick Saban.
OldenBear
Sonny. And Buh.
calgldnbear
Sarkisian ...
NYCGOBEARS
Right now, IDGAF. Go Bears!
tim94501
Actually i know exactly who they are gonna hire... Tosh
SoFlaBear
Bear_Territory said:

Wilcox, Tedford or does Pete Carrol return?
I could see them making a run at JT. Clancy Pendergast is already there, so it'd be like old times. Having said that, I think they want "an SC guy." Who that is, I'm not sure.

I don't see them going after an SEC guy anytime soon.
SoFlaBear
Golden One said:

Nick Saban.
No, but I wouldn't say Urban Meyer is out of the question the way this year went down at Ohio State.
packawana
tim94501 said:

That's a gamble but I could see that paying off in dividends if it works.
Golden One
SoFlaBear said:

Golden One said:

Nick Saban.
No, but I wouldn't say Urban Meyer is out of the question the way this year went down at Ohio State.
Given the arrogance of SC, I'm sure they believe they can hire Saban away from Alabama.
Cal88
Hue Jackson.
Bear19
tim94501 said:

Good call. And they are welcome to him.
Another Bear
Jack Del Rio wants the job.
Oski87
Another Bear said:

Jack Del Rio wants the job.

That's funny but actually compared to Gruden Del Rio looks like a rocket scientist.
tigertim
Honestly Tosh wouldn't surprise. Hugh?
Cal84
Tosh is highly unlikely. USC badly needs fixes on the offensive side, and Tosh has no background there. He's arguably the best recruiter in the country, but that's simply not where USC has a problem. The Toejam fans all seem to be on the Del Rio bandwagon. Whatever, let them engage in group think.

The best part of these sorts of wins is watching the meltdown on the other team's fan boards. You guys melt down pretty good too, but it's just annoying when that happens.
hanky1
Helton is an idiot. Did any notice his 2 stupid timeouts early in the second half? If SC had those timeouts at the end of the game, Cal would've needed atleast another 1st down to ice the game.
okaydo

KenBurnski
Cool. Which one are you?
Fyght4Cal
Steal Orgeron back from LSU.
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
Cal Strong!
This sound strangely familiar to Cal Strong:

orindabear74
Please let it be Hue
01Bear
I hope USC unquestionably supports Clay.
mvargus
01Bear said:

From what I'm picking up Clay is almost certainly gone. He did have the great finish the year he was the interim head coach which is why he ended up the head coach, but USC doesn't tolerate losses and getting eliminated from the conference race the way they did.

The only question is if he's allowed to finish the season.
offshorebear
Gotta think they put Wilcox on their list after yesterday happening right in their house. Don't blame them I think he would be a solid high floor hire. Same with JT. But they probably feel the need to make a bigger splash, like Meyer or Del Rio.

All I can say is if they do come after and get Wilcox, I hope we take a whole chest of booty up to Pullman to try to entice the Pirate to move down to Berkeley. I love Mike Leach. As the kids say: he is my spirit animal
510 Bear
offshorebear said:

All I can say is if they do come after and get Wilcox, I hope we take a whole chest of booty up to Pullman to try to entice the Pirate to move down to Berkeley. I love Mike Leach. As the kids say: he is my spirit animal
All I can say is if they come after Wilcox, I hope they.....don't get him!
Gkhoury2325
I hope Wilcox is not leaving. He has great facilities. He also will have support from Chancellor and our new AD, who Wilcox sat on committee for the hire. He needs get the financial support to keep staff intact and get better coaches on offensive side of the ball. Most of all Wilcox could of got hired by SC or anyone else. He might of been able to go to Oregon and he turned it down. He appears loyal to the fact that Cal gave him his first head-coaching job. I see him here for 15 years like a Tedford type if he does not burn out.,
Cal84
They won't go after Wilcox. There is a lot of Wilcox hate remaining from his tenure there as DC. Wilcox going 7-5 as Cal HC doesn't even come close to eliminating that. Tedford? Unlikely, but possible I suppose. But would he even want that job? There's a whole "work the donors" game he'd have to deal with there that isn't a big part of his job at FSU. Only if he really wanted a bigger paycheck.
FloriDreaming
No chance SC even approaches Wilcox, and not just because of the history. SC needs to fix its offense and Cal has the worst offense in the Pac 12.
FloriDreaming
I'd love to see Leach here. Realistically I'll be happy with a competent replacement for Baldwin. Wilcox isn't going anywhere.
01Bear
mvargus said:

01Bear said:

From what I'm picking up Clay is almost certainly gone. He did have the great finish the year he was the interim head coach which is why he ended up the head coach, but USC doesn't tolerate losses and getting eliminated from the conference race the way they did.

The only question is if he's allowed to finish the season.

Oh, I'm about as certain as one can be that Helton's gone after (or maybe even during) the season. I was being tongue-in-cheek.
TheSouseFamily
SC is very likely to throw big money at an established name, I suspect. With Jelly at UCLA, there will be a lot of pressure to go after a big fish. Cconsidering that a lot of SC fans were upset with the Helton hire because they didn't think he was big enough or the had the requisite swag to be the SC coach, I think they'll want to do something splashy.

But Helton is as good as gone.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.