Story Poster
Photo by Dominick Mazotti/ Twitter
Cal Football Recruiting

Dominick Mazotti Talks Recent Offer, Visit, and Potential Position

December 3, 2018

Dominick Mazotti‍ is just what the doctor ordered after the recent flip from Bradley Archer. Mazotti checks all the boxes when it comes to what Wilcox and Baldwin are looking for in a tight end. He stands in at 6’4, 225-pounds and runs the 40-yard dash in 4.65 seconds.

He also sports a 30 inch vertical and runs a 4.7-second shuttle. Mazotti has room to grow in his frame and if he is staying at tight end, will need to gain 10-15 pounds in good weight in the offseason. 

When asked if gaining weight was something he needed to focus on before next year Mazotti said: 

“The coaches at Berkeley said that weight and weight room stuff will be their job once I get there, so right now I’m just staying in shape by running track and lifting with the team.” 

Mazotti was also one of many Cal prospects who came to the Big Game over the weekend. Although the final score didn’t end up how the Bears wanted, Mazotti had this to say about the visit: 

“The visit was incredible! I loved seeing the atmosphere of the big game, and the fans were great. I loved seeing the student section be packed like it was and I think that shows how much people care about Cal football.”

Mazotti continued with: “I didn’t see campus this time around, but all the coaches were great! I had a great time talking to them, and I loved meeting the other recruits. A great group of guys.”

His stats speak for itself playing in one of the toughest leagues in California, the EBAL. This league includes one of the nation’s powerhouses, like De La Salle as well as Monte Vista, San Ramon, and Cal High. He played QB and was primarily a runner with 1200+ yards and a 16 yard per carry average. He also caught 10 passes with a 25-yard per catch average. He was the EBAL League MVP. 

When asked how his senior year played out he had this to say: 

“I think my senior season was incredible! We had a great group of guys all around, and it allowed us to win a lot of games. I was able to display my ability at multiple positions and totaled 31 touchdowns while winning league MVP. There’s a lot to improve if I’m going to be making a switch in positions as I transition to college because I don’t have much experience at tight end, but my athleticism will allow the switch to be easier and I’m a quick learner, so I’m looking forward to being taught how to play whatever position I get put at.”

He also said this about where coach Baldwin sees him playing at the next level:

“He sees me as a tight end or receiver.” What does Mazotti prefer? “As long as I'm playing football, I don’t care.”

As it stands, Cal, UNLV, San Deigo, Montana, San Jose State, and Wyoming are his offers with his most recent being Cal. UNLV is the only school so far to ask him to play quarterback.

Discussion from...

Dominick Mazotti Talks Recent Offer, Visit, and Potential Position

7,272 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Yogi58
Yogi58
How long do you want to ignore this user?
. . . . .

Heh
chazzed
Come to Cal, big guy, and be part of something great.
upsetof86
Interesting offer list
Yogi58
upsetof86 said:

Interesting offer list
Indeed
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.