Super Bowl QB U?

7,688 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Calcoholic
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

bearister
Can anyone give me a link where I can search BI posts during Goff's first season at Cal?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo

okaydo

okaydo
I've seen and read everything -- from Goff's elementary school teachers to his high school teachers.

This article delves into when Goff was an embryo.

okaydo
Gonna be fun watching these 2 player this year.

bencgilmore
Bear8 said:

Now the sports media has fallen in love with Patrick Mahomes. Or, as I like to see it, anyone but a guy from Cal. The bias against us is maddening.
Mahomes is Aaron Rodgers but... better. And I'm still deep in a 20 year long AR crush. You can't fault the media on this one.
okaydo
SadbutTrue999 said:

Bear8 said:

Now the sports media has fallen in love with Patrick Mahomes. Or, as I like to see it, anyone but a guy from Cal. The bias against us is maddening.
Mahomes is Aaron Rodgers but... better. And I'm still deep in a 20 year long AR crush. You can't fault the media on this one.

I'm glad Goff is facing the Patriots and not the Chiefs because, though Brady is scary, Mahomes is just really scary. Even when he has a bad game, he's really, really good. I wanted to be a hater, but he really is keeping it up.
okaydo
Bear19
Calcupcakes said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/super-bowl-quarterbacks-colleges-2019-1

This makes me cry. Not even a Rose Bowl to show for.
Don't forget that the loss to u$c was vacated due to R. Bush literally being bought & paid for ($100,00) to play for $c. Doesn't change our not going to the RB that year, but it is some measure of small satisfaction that the only way $c could beat us that year was by literally buying their best player(s). And then eventually getting caught for it. Pete Carroll rode out of town one step ahead of the hangman.

And the fact that sports media never mentions Carroll's duplicity tells all you need to know about its credibility.
Bear19
okaydo
Calcupcakes said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/super-bowl-quarterbacks-colleges-2019-1

This makes me cry. Not even a Rose Bowl to show for.

Incidentally, where was Joe Kapp's final game played?
okaydo
Another Bear
Tom Brady considered transferring in college but instead accepted the challenge of getting better and becoming the starter
Quote:

• Tom Brady was drafted out of the University of Michigan by the New England Patriots, leading to one of the most successful runs in NFL history.
  • It almost never happened as Brady was low on the depth chart and considered transferring to Cal to be closer to home.
  • Instead, Brady stuck it out and viewed the depth chart as a challenge he was going to overcome.

Peanut Gallery Consultant
concordtom
okaydo said:

Whose next?

(And I recall folks were a bit miffed when the true frost started over whoever it was we all thought was going to be the incumbent.)
calumnus
MilleniaBear said:

We need some more W's for our SB starting QBs. Jared needs to join AR; Morton, Kapp, and Ferragamo got L's.

Oh, well. Goff is young, he should get more shots. Shame that AR hasn't.
okaydo
calumnus said:

MilleniaBear said:

We need some more W's for our SB starting QBs. Jared needs to join AR; Morton, Kapp, and Ferragamo got L's.

Just 4 guys have won 12 of the last 18 Super Bowls. It's hard when you're not one of those 4 guys.

2019: Tom Brady
2018:
2017: Tom Brady
2016: Peyton Manning
2015: Tom Brady
2014:
2013:
2012: Eli Manning
2011:
2010:
2009: Ben Roethlisberger
2008: Eli Manning
2007: Peyton Manning
2006: Ben Roethlisberger
2005: Tom Brady
2004: Tom Brady
2003:
2002: Tom Brady

calumnus
okaydo said:

calumnus said:

MilleniaBear said:

Just 4 guys have won 12 of the last 18 Super Bowls. It's hard when you're not one of those 4 guys.

2019: Tom Brady
2018:
2017: Tom Brady
2016: Peyton Manning
2015: Tom Brady
2014:
2013:
2012: Eli Manning
2011:
2010:
2009: Ben Roethlisberger
2008: Eli Manning
2007: Peyton Manning
2006: Ben Roethlisberger
2005: Tom Brady
2004: Tom Brady
2003:
2002: Tom Brady

Of those 4:
Tom Brady is 41 and likely loses Gronkowski
Peyton Manning is 42 and retired
Eli Manning is 38 and plays on the last place Giants.
Ben Roethlisberger is 36, maybe he makes another run.

Drew Brees is 40, his time is running out.

Rodgers is 35. He still can make a run if he has more talent around him, which either means something changes at GB and they spend a ton on free agents or going to another team.

Goff is only 24. His HC is only 38. A winning team in LA generates a lot of money. He is in a great spot.

Calcoholic
calumnus said:

.....Goff is only 24. His HC is only 38. A winning team in LA generates a lot of money. He is in a great spot.

It's beside the point, but Sean McVay just turned 33 two weeks ago, not 38.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.