Raiders just need to GTFO of the Bay Area already

9,836 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cal83dls79
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
okaydo
B.A. Bearacus said:

Their practice facilities are on Bay Farm Island. They're not going to fly out for home games (as Tim Kawakami keeps explaining).

Another Bear
I was on a TV production crew for an East-West Shrine game at PhoneCo Park...terrible place for football because the sight lines are set-up for baseball, at an angle. After I saw that I didn't bother to go to the Cal games played there during the weird season away from CMS.

Looks like da Raiders are trying to skip out on the $80mil owed to Oakland and Alameda county. I guess that's straight from the Davis playbook.

Commitment to excellence...

Peanut Gallery Consultant
bearister
Good, get that weak sauce sh@t out of my home town!
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
Another Bear said:

I was on a TV production crew for an East-West Shrine game at PhoneCo Park...terrible place for football because the sight lines are set-up for baseball...

..I'm not sure you want good sight lines for Carr's 5 yard passes or his pick 6's at the end of close games.
ColoradoBear
I appreciate ATT as a venue for Cal in 2011, but it's just a sorry venue for a NFL team.

Mark Davis should have sucked up his pride and played at the coliseum. Or Levi's.

It's more than ironic (or is it moronic?) that Davis complained about not enough parking for tailgating in the Coliseum City plan, but there are still Huge parking issues with the LV stadium, and oppressive heat is going to make tailgating miserable for like half the games. And now he chooses a baseball stadium with little tailgate space over two pro football stadiums in the Bay Area (and While im sure it was never an option, it would have been hilarious to see the raiders fans defend on furd field and burn down their eucalyptus grove too).

If tickets go under $30 and it coincides with a Cal FB weekend, I'll check it out though. I always like to see a good **** show.

joe amos yaks
Raiders commitment to excellence? Not with that haircut. Dirt bags.
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
BearSD
Raiders should just get out of town now.

But the NFL will defer to whatever Marky wants, because they love that he got over $700 million in free stadium money from Nevada, and other owners will use that "precedent" to shake down every other city or state where they want a new stadium.

dajo9
This thread is like deja vu in L.A. when the Raiders left there.

I hate them now, but they still gave me the only Super Bowl victory for my team in my life (1984).
TomBear
I loved the Raiders and they moved to L.A. at about the same time I did, so I followed them here, knowing full well that they belonged in Oakland. But officials in Oakland are a farce, and that coincides with the farcical nature of the Raider executives as well. Oakland should have the Raiders, and the Raiders should stay in Oakland. But the Oakland officials don't deserved the team, and the team executives don't deserve Oakland the way it's worked out. So I'm reluctantly willing to see them get out of town and plan to never follow them again.

Having said that, and now hearing that they're going to contaminate the Giants ballpark, I only hope this won't lead to the Giants putting down plastic grass. I would hate the Raiders even more if that were to be a consequence of this awful news.
CaliforniaEternal
If this happens, the Raiders must insist on incorporating the infield dirt as part of the field and not covering it up. That's one of the Raiders signature style elements and they have a chance to keep it going for one final year.
bearister
I'm sure MoMo's and the other nice eateries in the vicinity will enjoy the fans peeing and throwing up on their terraces on game day. In other news...all these billion dollar stadiums under construction will have been converted to soccer use before their 25th Anniversaries once the fear of CTE justifiably cuts off the continuous shoveling of young cannon fodder into the NFL.
71Bear
TomBear said:

I loved the Raiders and they moved to L.A. at about the same time I did, so I followed them here, knowing full well that they belonged in Oakland. But officials in Oakland are a farce, and that coincides with the farcical nature of the Raider executives as well. Oakland should have the Raiders, and the Raiders should stay in Oakland. But the Oakland officials don't deserved the team, and the team executives don't deserve Oakland the way it's worked out. So I'm reluctantly willing to see them get out of town and plan to never follow them again.

Having said that, and now hearing that they're going to contaminate the Giants ballpark, I only hope this won't lead to the Giants putting down plastic grass. I would hate the Raiders even more if that were to be a consequence of this awful news.
I don't fault the Oakland political leadership on this one. Cities should NOT subsidize the construction of pro football stadiums (infrastructure, yes; facility, no). The Giants, Niners and Warriors paid/are paying for their stadiums. Why should Oakland pay? The die was cast when Vegas gave the Raiders a sweetheart deal. No self-respecting city should ever do that....

Larry Baer would never agree to an artificial surface. Heck, he doesn't even agree with designs on the field grass. Oracle (ne Pac Bell) Park has always had a pure lawn. Oakland will only be there one season. No big deal...
NYCGOBEARS
Agreed. GTFO!
Big C
I hope folks boycott the Raiders next season. I'd like to see several hundred former denizens of the Black Hole, led by Marshawn Lynch, forming a blockade outside wherever-the-heck they end up playing in 2019.
Jackieridgle
NYCGOBEARS said:

Agreed. GTFO!

Yes, GTFO
cal83dls79
bearister said:

I'm sure MoMo's and the other nice eateries in the vicinity will enjoy the fans peeing and throwing up on their terraces on game day. In other news...all these billion dollar stadiums under construction will have been converted to soccer use before their 25th Anniversaries once the fear of CTE justifiably cuts off the continuous shoveling of young cannon fodder into the NFL.
nice eateries? Have you been there? MoMos It's a dump with crap everything and crap food.
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
bearister
cal83dls79 said:

bearister said:

nice eateries? Have you been there? MoMos It's a dump with crap everything and crap food.

Clearly I am not as lace curtain as you are. Compared to what is available around the Oakland Coliseum for a quick bite and hook before a game, I consider it quite acceptable. I have only been there and the ballpark a couple of times because I am not an SF sports fan nor a fan of native San Franciscans, many of whom would benefit greatly from having the stick they have up their a$$e$ surgically removed.
Bobodeluxe
What do you have against old money, bro beards and people who poop on the street?
bearister
Bobodeluxe said:

What do you have against old money, bro beards and people who poop on the street?

At least I'd be willing to break bread with the people pooping in the street.
Another Bear
bearister said:

Bobodeluxe said:

I once smoked part of a joint with a homeless guy in People's Park. I was walking through with a buddy, stopped for a second..and this guy appears literally out of nowhere, so we handed it to him. Joint etiquette. Buddy afterwards wondered if he'd get AIDS. I said, we werent' smoking dicks. (That's still an inside joke years later.). Sort of like this...

Another Bear
Bobodeluxe said:

Interestingly enough, the uber old money have a strong connection to the lowest rungs of society (the street poopers) in that both groups don't care about societal standards, pooping in the street, robber barons, weird kink, yada, yada. Sorta like this...
cal83dls79
Another Bear said:

bearister said:

Bobodeluxe said:

I once smoked part of a joint with a homeless guy in People's Park. I was walking through with a buddy, stopped for a second..and this guy appears literally out of nowhere, so we handed it to him. Joint etiquette. Buddy afterwards wondered if he'd get AIDS. I said, we werent' smoking dicks. (That's still an inside joke years later.). Sort of like this...

drop the people's park mic now
cal83dls79
Laced curtain? If that you mean the taco truck at 14th and Lakeshore I understand.. point being the food should be better and cheaper around those venues. How about a top dog comp.
bearister
cal83dls79 said:

Laced curtain? If that you mean the taco truck at 14th and Lakeshore I understand.. point being the food should be better and cheaper around those venues. How about a top dog comp.

"Lace curtain Irish and shanty Irish are terms that were commonly used in the 19th and 20th centuries to categorize Irish people, particularly Irish Americans, by social class. The "lace curtain Irish" were those who were well off, while the "shanty Irish" were the poor, who were presumed to live in shanties, or roughly-built cabins.

Neither term was complimentary. Aside from financial status, the term "lace curtain Irish" connoted pretentiousness and social climbing, while the "shanty Irish" were stereotyped as feckless and ignorant." Wikipedia
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
Just a guess here: Al Davis Jr.'s wife really likes money.

TheFiatLux
71Bear said:

TomBear said:

I don't fault the Oakland political leadership on this one. Cities should NOT subsidize the construction of pro football stadiums (infrastructure, yes; facility, no). The Giants, Niners and Warriors paid/are paying for their stadiums. Why should Oakland pay? The die was cast when Vegas gave the Raiders a sweetheart deal. No self-respecting city should ever do that....

Larry Baer would never agree to an artificial surface. Heck, he doesn't even agree with designs on the field grass. Oracle (ne Pac Bell) Park has always had a pure lawn. Oakland will only be there one season. No big deal...

Except Oakland (and Alameda County) DID subsidize the Raiders return to Oakland. What a farce. In the process ruining what was a perfectly nice baseball stadium for the A's and helping to wreck the course of that franchise. I never, ever understood why you would value 10 -12 dates a year at the venue over 81+. Wasn't a perfect place but the Haas family sure did a great job making it into something nice.

Doesn't matter. Only a matter of time before Davis sues the city and county of San Francisco and the Giants ownership. And Muni. And Reds Java House. And UCSF. And the Warriors new arena. and...

Bobodeluxe
Why do you hate America?
okaydo
B.A. Bearacus said:

Just a guess here: Al Davis Jr.'s wife really likes money.

Okay, I have a whole new respect for Mark Davis.

Go Mark!
B.A. Bearacus
cal83dls79
bearister said:

cal83dls79 said:

"Lace curtain Irish and shanty Irish are terms that were commonly used in the 19th and 20th centuries to categorize Irish people, particularly Irish Americans, by social class. The "lace curtain Irish" were those who were well off, while the "shanty Irish" were the poor, who were presumed to live in shanties, or roughly-built cabins.

Neither term was complimentary. Aside from financial status, the term "lace curtain Irish" connoted pretentiousness and social climbing, while the "shanty Irish" were stereotyped as feckless and ignorant." Wikipedia
you missed my sarcasm. as a Burke/O'Connell I am fully aware at the connotation. We came over as potato farmers to NE. Point being the food around ATT is not that great and it's overpriced. I wouldn't expect much in this site though when folks suggest Kip's as a Go To spot still. Talk about a food dump.
bearister
I respect the City of Oakland for not falling for this:

71Bear
TheFiatLux said:

71Bear said:

TomBear said:

Except Oakland (and Alameda County) DID subsidize the Raiders return to Oakland. What a farce. In the process ruining what was a perfectly nice baseball stadium for the A's and helping to wreck the course of that franchise. I never, ever understood why you would value 10 -12 dates a year at the venue over 81+. Wasn't a perfect place but the Haas family sure did a great job making it into something nice.

Doesn't matter. Only a matter of time before Davis sues the city and county of San Francisco and the Giants ownership. And Muni. And Reds Java House. And UCSF. And the Warriors new arena. and...

Correct. If you read my post carefully, you would have noticed this words, "on this one". That was an intention effort to distinguish the City of Oakland's approach this time vis a vis last time.
Another Bear
cal83dls79 said:

Another Bear said:

bearister said:

Bobodeluxe said:

drop the people's park mic now
Hahaha...no mic drop. It just sorta happened. Food or pot, if someone needs some and you have some, the right thing to do is share, even if it's a bit weird. Bearister breaks bread with the poop people, I shared some pot.

p.s. that place at Lakeshore...Mi Rancho...man, $9.50 per...but they are good.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.