Brandon McIlwain question

10,590 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by calumnus
cal83dls79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BEARUPINDC said:

cal83dls79 said:

Good God. I have seen Elway, Del Rio and one day we saw Rodney Pete hit three dings one day. I've seen more baseball on this board than the clowns they pretend to care. . You guys crack me up. Point being. It's really, really hard to be a two sport player.
It's early back here...maybe I'm incapable right now of understanding plain English,
but I can only guess what the heck this sentence really means

Oh and BTW roomed with Wolfman award winner and studs all round

Say what?????

I had to look up the Wolfman award. Pretty cool because it has to do with films. But
for me there's only one Wolfman...just check out the first minute of this

"The Wolfman is everywhere"

Nice one, Good movie. A little history to lay on you....George Wolfman (kabaam was taken). It's the named sponsor of our scoreboard ...but you'd actually have to go to baseball games to know that. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wolfman
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
tenplay
Earl Robinson was an incredible athlete on both the basketball and baseball teams in the mid-50's.
Fyght4Cal
Not sure what this is about, but Elway sucked, he will always suck and he sucks right now.
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
GMP
cal83dls79 said:

Good God. I have seen Elway, Del Rio and one day we saw Rodney Pete hit three dings one day. I've seen more baseball on this board than most . Oh and BTW roomed with Wolfman award winner and studs all round. Point being. It's really, really hard to be a two sport player.
cal83dls79
GMP said:

cal83dls79 said:

Good God. I have seen Elway, Del Rio and one day we saw Rodney Pete hit three dings one day. I've seen more baseball on this board than most . Oh and BTW roomed with Wolfman award winner and studs all round. Point being. It's really, really hard to be a two sport player.

man I was pretty drunk. It happens. Looong winters here in Maine.
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
GMP
cal83dls79 said:

GMP said:

cal83dls79 said:

man I was pretty drunk. It happens. Looong winters here in Maine.

Ha! You made me laugh with that one.
Cal8285
Fyght4Cal said:

Not sure what this is about, but Elway sucked, he will always suck and he sucks right now.
Quite true. I will say, however, that Elway made the best throw I ever saw in person at a baseball game, playing centerfield. In a tie game, Brian Guinn was pinch running at first, the potential winning run in, I believe, the bottom of the 9th. Ball hit over Elway's head, dies against the cloth fence in dead center. Elway picks it up, fires a one hope strike that gets to the catcher just ahead of Guinn. Catcher drops the ball, Bears win.

Why did the catcher drop the ball? Because, as you said, Elway sucked, he will always suck, and he sucks right now.

GO BEARS!
Fyght4Cal
Cal8285 said:

Fyght4Cal said:

Quite true. I will say, however, that Elway made the best throw I ever saw in person at a baseball game, playing centerfield. In a tie game, Brian Guinn was pinch running at first, the potential winning run in, I believe, the bottom of the 9th. Ball hit over Elway's head, dies against the cloth fence in dead center. Elway picks it up, fires a one hope strike that gets to the catcher just ahead of Guinn. Catcher drops the ball, Bears win.

Why did the catcher drop the ball? Because, as you said, Elway sucked, he will always suck, and he sucks right now.

GO BEARS!
I'm pretty sure I was at that game as well. I miss the old Evans, with the student jeering section behind the visitors' dugout. Go Bears!
RichyBear
Wayne Stewart was the starting center on the 1967 freshman team. At the time he broke the Cal freshman rebounding record. He was on the varsity as a soph, but didn't play enough to win a letter.
BearSD
BEARUPINDC said:

Is B-Mac playing baseball this spring?
Yes he is. Manufactured a run all by himself tonight, in fact, in the Bears' 10-2 win over Cal Poly.
calbearinamaze
BearSD said:

BEARUPINDC said:

Yes he is. Manufactured a run all by himself tonight, in fact, in the Bears' 10-2 win over Cal Poly.

Thank you!!!
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
calumnus
BearSD said:

BEARUPINDC said:

Nice!
Alkiadt
calumnus said:

BearSD said:

BEARUPINDC said:

Nice!
He was short of hitting the cycle as he singled, doubled and tripled. 3 RBI's. Looks like he'll help Baseball.

https://calbears.com/news/2019/2/23/mcilwain-flashes-skills-as-bears-rout-cal-poly.aspx
82gradDLSdad
BearSD said:

BEARUPINDC said:

Broke for 3rd while pitcher looked in for sign??? Sounds like "threw a jump-ball pass into the end zone when already in position for a game tying field goal." Just had a different result on a questionable decision. He has a lot of baseball talent though, just like in football.
Fyght4Cal
calumnus
Alkiadt said:

calumnus said:

BearSD said:

BEARUPINDC said:

Nice!
He was short of hitting the cycle as he singled, doubled and tripled. 3 RBI's. Looks like he'll help Baseball.

https://calbears.com/news/2019/2/23/mcilwain-flashes-skills-as-bears-rout-cal-poly.aspx

Back in the 80's I was listening to an A's game. In his first 3 at bats, Rickey Henderson homered, tripled and doubled. On his fourth at bat, Ricky doubled again and the announcer says "He should have stopped at 1st so he would have hit the cycle" which I thought was the stupidest thing I ever heard until years later when someone was listing the players who have hit the cycle and he wasn't on it.

Henderson was a high school All American at running back for Oakland Tech (back to back 1,000 yard seasons). Al Davis later offered him a contract to play running back for the Raiders (like Bo Jackson) but the A's nixted it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.