OT - Conspiracy theorists, Is HAARP causing SOCal Earthquakes?

8,420 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by sp4149
sp4149
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is the US Military project HAARP (a research program jointly funded by the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Navy) attacking SoCal?

Nick Begich Jr., the son of the late U.S. Representative Nick Begich and brother of former U.S. Senator Mark Begich, is the author of Angels Don't Play This HAARP. He has claimed that the HAARP facility could trigger earthquakes and turn the upper atmosphere into a giant lens so that "the sky would literally appear to burn." He maintains a website that claims HAARP is a mind control device.

In the last day, the top Navy R&D site, NAVAL Air Warfare Center, China Lake has been the epicenter of thousands of earthquakes, the largest 3 hours ago was 7.1, eleven times bigger than the one the day before.
They are all tightly clustered around the labs and testing ranges of this famous warfare development base. Only a very view stray even a few miles away from the epicenter of the big quakes.

Is the Navy testing weapons on it's own base in California? That's why China Lake exists. It's been done before, so conspiracy buffs, have at it.
ColoradoBear
***?

No.
Goobear

No. Dr. Lucy Jones seismologist was asked the question and said not the case. No reason to speculate.
Nasal Mucus Goldenbear
Goobear said:

No. Dr. Lucy Jones seismologist was asked the question and said not the case. No reason to speculate.
That is exactly what a perpetrator would say.

pierrezo
from Wikipedia:
Former Governor of Minnesota, ex-professional wrestler, and documentary maker Jesse Ventura questioned whether the government is using the site to manipulate the weather or to bombard people with mind-controlling radio waves. An Air Force spokeswoman said Ventura made an official request to visit the research station but was rejected. "He and his crew showed up at HAARP anyway and were denied access."
https://giphy.com/gifs/physics-posts-12n5MNdTPHGMoM
Eastern Oregon Bear
Why would they destroy their own base? It would make more sense to test that on some isolated uninhabited area. Maybe in the Aleutians or northern Alaska.
sp4149
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Why would they destroy their own base? It would make more sense to test that on some isolated uninhabited area. Maybe in the Aleutians or northern Alaska.
China Lake was originally chosen because of it's distance from population centers. All three major services have expansive R&D facilities in the area. I visited most all of the Western Naval Facilities over a 36 year career, including the two in the Aleutians, one where we conducted nuclear tests. All those northern bases have been closed under BRAC and the land for the most part turned over to Fish and Wildlife. In the Western US, China Lake it about the only remaining Navy facitility with the R&D infrastructure to conduct exotic, theoretical testing in a remote area. Other possible Navy R&D sites would be Pt. Mugu/ Port Hueneme near the San Andreas and while Seal Beach was in the same command structure, their responsibility was administrative.

And experiments at China Lake have failed dramatically, understandably not all are well documented.
And the USGS spokespersons would not have the security level access (granted by China Lake/DOD) to know of the existance of a top secret program developing an earthquake weapon and conducting on site tests.

FWIW Security Clearance is a background check; Security Access is what allows you to actually view secret information, and it is granted locally by the base, not down in LA.
Sebastabear
sp4149 said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

China Lake was originally chosen because of it's distance from population centers. All three major services have expansive R&D facilities in the area. I visited most all of the Western Naval Facilities over a 36 year career, including the two in the Aleutians, one where we conducted nuclear tests. All those northern bases have been closed under BRAC and the land for the most part turned over to Fish and Wildlife. In the Western US, China Lake it about the only remaining Navy facitility with the R&D infrastructure to conduct exotic, theoretical testing in a remote area. Other possible Navy R&D sites would be Pt. Mugu/ Port Hueneme near the San Andreas and while Seal Beach was in the same command structure, their responsibility was administrative.

And experiments at China Lake have failed dramatically, understandably not all are well documented.
And the USGS spokespersons would not have the security level access (granted by China Lake/DOD) to know of the existance of a top secret program developing an earthquake weapon and conducting on site tests.

FWIW Security Clearance is a background check; Security Access is what allows you to actually view secret information, and it is granted locally by the base, not down in LA.
As I have a sibling born at China Lake, I'm definitely going to have to agree with this
sirnet
pierrezo said:

from Wikipedia:
Former Governor of Minnesota, ex-professional wrestler, and documentary maker Jesse Ventura questioned whether the government is using the site to manipulate the weather or to bombard people with mind-controlling radio waves. An Air Force spokeswoman said Ventura made an official request to visit the research station but was rejected. "He and his crew showed up at HAARP anyway and were denied access."
https://giphy.com/gifs/physics-posts-12n5MNdTPHGMoM

Think the answer lies somewhere between the comments of Mr. Ventura......and Chicken Lickin".
Sebastabear
I've always noticed that the public figures who seem most concerned about mind control are invariably the ones with the least control of their own minds.
bearister
...but D.B. Cooper was seen leaving the area.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Big C
I'm wondering if the quakes down there might either... a) create more stress... or... b) relieve some of the stress on the Hayward Fault. If it's the latter, maybe we could "harp" another 2-3 of 'em.
sp4149
bearister said:

...but D.B. Cooper was seen leaving the area.

Looks like a China Lake Lab rat...
wallyball2003
Sebastabear said:

I've always noticed that the public figures who seem most concerned about mind control are invariably the ones with the least control of their own minds.

Good one
heartofthebear
People choose what they want to believe and it is usually based on biases about what constitutes sanity. The default and knee jerk response in order to look sane and not stand out is to reject anything that could suggest that the official account is not adequate. However it is also impulsive to automatically suggest that we should go into fear. I am longing for a time and place where a more sophisticated conversation can take place.
But to do that we have to have better control of the information we get. Currently the information we get is engineered to support our biases and further polarize us. Of course that is my pre-conceived notion too so
heartofthebear
For those who seek to be more informed about the rarity of these Ridgecrest earthquakes, I recommend going to the wikipedia page for "earthquake storm". After a quick review, it does not seem like these earthquake storms are all that unusual. The caldera at Yellowstone seems to have them with regularity, which could be a concern because there have been connections between earthquake storms and the movement of magma under the surface of the earth and such movement sometimes leads to eruptions.

What is unusual, or unprecedented, from what I can tell, is to have this many within such a short span. In a period of a week, there have been in the neighborhood of one thousand earthquakes of various sizes. There have been cases (ie Reno area in 2008) that have had a swarm of around 1,000 quakes, but the swarm was defined over a period of several months or the better part of a year, not just one week.

Another appropriate question is what does it mean geologically? That I cannot answer other than with the magma comment.

I have developed a theory that is based on some degree of research but certainly nothing that is scientifically rigorous. However, it does raise the question, are earthquakes related to water? It seems that earthquakes are located near area of water or at times when there is large water displacement like during a hurricane. More specifically I am talking about the effect of water upon land. Could water or humidity be changing the amount of pressure in certain areas. Could water have a cooling or heating effect upon areas of the earth, even subterranean levels, that could change the make-up of the geology, either solidifying or liquifying large area of rock and land and making them more susceptible to movement.

It's all speculation, but I think, no matter what you believe, these Ridgecrest quakes provide good data that can help us understand more what's going on. And Ridgecrest is more or less desert and it is July, so, these quakes do not follow the pattern suggested in my theory above.

It could also just be the Bears coming out of hibernation and ready start foraging through the pac-12 this fall.
sp4149
heartofthebear said:

For those who seek to be more informed about the rarity of these Ridgecrest earthquakes, I recommend going to the wikipedia page for "earthquake storm". After a quick review, it does not seem like these earthquake storms are all that unusual. The caldera at Yellowstone seems to have them with regularity, which could be a concern because there have been connections between earthquake storms and the movement of magma under the surface of the earth and such movement sometimes leads to eruptions.

What is unusual, or unprecedented, from what I can tell, is to have this many within such a short span. In a period of a week, there have been in the neighborhood of one thousand earthquakes of various sizes. There have been cases (ie Reno area in 2008) that have had a swarm of around 1,000 quakes, but the swarm was defined over a period of several months or the better part of a year, not just one week.

Another appropriate question is what does it mean geologically? That I cannot answer other than with the magma comment.

I have developed a theory that is based on some degree of research but certainly nothing that is scientifically rigorous. However, it does raise the question, are earthquakes related to water? It seems that earthquakes are located near area of water or at times when there is large water displacement like during a hurricane. More specifically I am talking about the effect of water upon land. Could water or humidity be changing the amount of pressure in certain areas. Could water have a cooling or heating effect upon areas of the earth, even subterranean levels, that could change the make-up of the geology, either solidifying or liquifying large area of rock and land and making them more susceptible to movement.

It's all speculation, but I think, no matter what you believe, these Ridgecrest quakes provide good data that can help us understand more what's going on. And Ridgecrest is more or less desert and it is July, so, these quakes do not follow the pattern suggested in my theory above.

It could also just be the Bears coming out of hibernation and ready start foraging through the pac-12 this fall.
The Location of these earthquakes is not Ridgecrest but an adjacent area known as

CHINA LAKE

Why the media insists on not using the long time name of the area has not been really explained. Apparently there is extensive damage on the top secret NAWC China Lake; but how much will not be told. But China Lake and Owens Lake to the north were once covered with water. Removing or adding water to a land mass has been suggested as a causitive factor in earthquakes. As has exotic Navy R&D programs like HAARP. I wouldn't expect the Navy to officially release any Navy links to the earthquakes during my lifetime.

sp4149
heartofthebear said:

According to the USGS earthquake map for this high desert area encompassing the NAWC China Lake.

There have been 5572 earthquakes of 1.5 magnitude or greater in the last 7 days

1261 earthquakes of 2.5 magnitude or greater in the same 7 days.

and 26 earthquakes of magnitude 4.5 or greater in those 7 days.

Long Valley Caldera is a depression in eastern California that is adjacent to Mammoth Mountain. The valley is one of the Earth's largest calderas, measuring about 20 miles (32 km) long (east-west), 11 miles (18 km) wide (north-south), and up to 3,000 feet (910 m) deep. This is about 150 miles north of China Lake.

bearister
He died claiming to be a disabled veteran. But many believe he was hijacker D.B. Cooper.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/history/2019/07/10/he-died-claiming-be-disabled-veteran-many-believe-he-was-hijacker-db-cooper/%3foutputType=amp

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
heartofthebear
sp4149 said:

heartofthebear said:

According to the USGS earthquake map for this high desert area encompassing the NAWC China Lake.

There have been 5572 earthquakes of 1.5 magnitude or greater in the last 7 days

1261 earthquakes of 2.5 magnitude or greater in the same 7 days.

and 26 earthquakes of magnitude 4.5 or greater in those 7 days.

Long Valley Caldera is a depression in eastern California that is adjacent to Mammoth Mountain. The valley is one of the Earth's largest calderas, measuring about 20 miles (32 km) long (east-west), 11 miles (18 km) wide (north-south), and up to 3,000 feet (910 m) deep. This is about 150 miles north of China Lake.

Thanks for the information, both of you
It was the level 2.5 and above that I was referring to.
As far as I know, it has been widely accepted by scientists that HAARP type facilities are at least capable of putting out energy or radiation that can be resonant with geological structures in such a way as to cause earthquakes.

It is also my personal belief that virtually any natural and/or technological force or human capability that can be manipulated, refined and/or controlled will eventually be weaponized and used without the consent of citizens. But I am not in the position to prove which systems are currently being used in such a manner

The HAARP apparatus does have a wide variety of uses both civilian and scientific but the application of those capabilities is not necessarily always benign.
heartofthebear
bearister said:

He died claiming to be a disabled veteran. But many believe he was hijacker D.B. Cooper.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/history/2019/07/10/he-died-claiming-be-disabled-veteran-many-believe-he-was-hijacker-db-cooper/%3foutputType=amp

Why are you HAARPing on DB Cooper?

Elaine
GivemTheAxe
sp4149 said:

heartofthebear said:

The Location of these earthquakes is not Ridgecrest but an adjacent area known as

CHINA LAKE

Why the media insists on not using the long time name of the area has not been really explained. Apparently there is extensive damage on the top secret NAWC China Lake; but how much will not be told. But China Lake and Owens Lake to the north were once covered with water. Removing or adding water to a land mass has been suggested as a causitive factor in earthquakes. As has exotic Navy R&D programs like HAARP. I wouldn't expect the Navy to officially release any Navy links to the earthquakes during my lifetime.

I like a good conspiracy story as the next person. But we really don't need to go that far.
It has long been projected by seismologists that the next big quake in CA would be in the area of Tehachapi-Palmdale.
Apparently there is a geologic "bulge" in the Earth's crust in that area.
That area is not all that far from China Lake (in geological terms) So swarms of earthquakes might evidence typical earth movements or they might be precursors of the next Big One.
Either way they don't have to be the result of a government conspiracy
sp4149
GivemTheAxe said:

sp4149 said:

heartofthebear said:

CHINA LAKE

I like a good conspiracy story as the next person. But we really don't need to go that far.
It has long been projected by seismologists that the next big quake in CA would be in the area of Tehachapi-Palmdale.
Apparently there is a geologic "bulge" in the Earth's crust in that area.
That area is not all that far from China Lake (in geological terms) So swarms of earthquakes might evidence typical earth movements or they might be precursors of the next Big One.
Either way they don't have to be the result of a government conspiracy
The question is why the name of the dry lake bed known as China Lake for well over a hundred years, and the location of the earthquakes is not being used. I worked with a fellow who grew up in China Lake and he never said Ridgecrest was his home. USGS has been using Searles Valley which is nearby, but the earthquakes have been in China Lake I spent several months over three decades TDY at China Lake, the existence of the
Naval Air Warfare Center is widely known.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.