Mean Green Win Bar Celebration

8,137 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Cal88
6forHeisman.com
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello from Texas, is Telegraph Ave like the main college bar strip? I need bar recommendations for places to drink after we blow y'all out September 14th
randythebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=College+Bars&find_loc=Berkeley%2C+CA
6forHeisman.com
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I should've know that would be y'alls favorite type spot being it's California
Sebastabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Welcome to Berkeley. Telegraph is your best bet but a typical college bar strip it is not. Still some fun spots. But if you are looking for a place to drink after your next victory I think you might want to look in Texas not here :]
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Like dude, y'all all y'all'ed out or just y'all?
6forHeisman.com
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sebastabear said:

Welcome to Berkeley. Telegraph is your best bet but a typical college bar strip it is not. Still some fun spots. But if you are looking for a place to drink after your next victory I think you might want to look in Texas not here :]
I'm excited for this game, I've heard great things about Cal's defense but our offense can ball! Should be a good one!
6forHeisman.com
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another Bear said:

Like dude, y'all all y'all'ed out or just y'all?
Most important word in Texan
SFCALBear72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
6forHeisman.com said:

Sebastabear said:

Welcome to Berkeley. Telegraph is your best bet but a typical college bar strip it is not. Still some fun spots. But if you are looking for a place to drink after your next victory I think you might want to look in Texas not here :]
I'm excited for this game, I've heard great things about Cal's defense but our offense can ball! Should be a good one!
Maybe this should have been your first post.

We're not Abilene Christian or UTSA. So we'll see how you ball against our defense.
joe amos yaks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
6forHeisman.com said:


I'm excited for this game, I've heard great things about Cal's defense but our offense can ball! Should be a good one!
That's why they play the game, y'all.
KenBurnski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Horrible intro. Go to Kips, y'all will love it.
azulviejo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Y'all allowed 456 yards to Abilene Christian, and you expect to beat us?
We now serve beer and wine, in our stadium. You can start drowning your sorrow, in the first qt.
Have fun!
Richmondbear2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If your idea of a good time is blowing out the Bears. check out the White Horse Inn on Telegraph. Not that theres anything wrong with that
510 Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Best place to celebrate your blowout win would be having drinks with Steph Curry on his yacht, since your scenario is complete fantasy.
KoreAmBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Y'alls come back naw, ya hear?
ducky23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KenBurnski said:

Horrible intro. Go to Kips, y'all will love it.


I second kips

Chipotle and king dong are also Berkeley favorites
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
La Burrita beats the hell out of Chipotle.
6forHeisman.com
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KenBurnski said:

Horrible intro. Go to Kips, y'all will love it.
I will check it out! And before I started talking football we gotta beat SMU & Cal upset Washington. More concerned on my party situation with it being my first time in the bay.
rathokan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
had to look up who #6 was... don't worry, you've never heard of ay of our QBs either LOL

you might want to hit up the local dispensary and go up on tightwad hill and check that out before the game, although for North Texas there may not be very many people up there. Sadly, i expect attendance at this game to be quite poor.

if looking for a cocktail joint after the game, Tupper & Reed on Shattuck is a good spot.

Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
C'mon guys. He made the effort to visit us. Wish more opponents did...

6forHeisman, tell us a little about your school, your area of Texas and your team.

Go Bears!
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all."
Mario Savio

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all."
Mario Savio


I'm pretty sure any Texan would love Berkeley! And the cool thing is, it hasn't really changed, except toss in some arugula.
MSaviolives
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all."
Mario Savio


Hey! I resemble that remark.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big C said:

bearister said:

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all."
Mario Savio


I'm pretty sure any Texan would love Berkeley! And the cool thing is, it hasn't really changed, except toss in some arugula.


...and they can pick up some souvenir t shirts on Telly to bring home to Tejas!




Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big C said:

C'mon guys. He made the effort to visit us. Wish more opponents did...

6forHeisman, tell us a little about your school, your area of Texas and your team.

Go Bears!
A little bit of graciousness and Texas charm would have gone a long way in his intro and messages, instead of the Texas LOUD, Texas PROUD thing. No wants a visitor to have a bad time but work up to the smack talk after getting the needed details.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
6forHeisman.com said:

Hello from Texas, is Telegraph Ave like the main college bar strip? I need bar recommendations for places to drink after we blow you.



Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
WhipItOutJoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another Bear said:

Big C said:

C'mon guys. He made the effort to visit us. Wish more opponents did...

6forHeisman, tell us a little about your school, your area of Texas and your team.

Go Bears!
A little bit of graciousness and Texas charm would have gone a long way in his intro and messages, instead of the Texas LOUD, Texas PROUD thing. No wants a visitor to have a bad time but work up to the smack talk after getting the needed details.
Did you guys not see the little winky emoji in his OP - pretty sure he was being tongue-in-cheek - .

If nothing else, Texans are generally quite polite. I'm looking forward to that game - bought some club level seats on stubhub.

As far as recommending Kips, I presume that is also tongue-in-cheek, or has it been so long since I've been there that it is actually worth going to now?

Go Bears!
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sure, sure...but try that same intro on a Texas CFB forum and see what the responses will be.

Imagine that message on the Mississippi CFB forum. "I hear the Grove is where the action is, where do y'all suggest I get liquored up after we stomp you guys?"

6forHeisman.com
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Haha it was all in good fun! I know very little about the school & sports of Cal Berkeley so I jumped in your forum. I've been to most of the US but never Cali and being in the Bay 13th-15th I have much to squeeze in. I figured I'd come directly to the source instead of Yelp.

I'm a recent alumni of the University of North Texas, we're the 4th biggest school in Texas about 40,000 students and our football program been on the rise the last couple of years with Coach Littrell & Mason Fine. Mason Fine really is one of the best QB's in the country & #1 returning passer from last year, if you haven't heard of him you really don't watch much football outside of prime time SEC games.

I'm coming with a few college buddies from Dallas that weekend & staying in some piece of **** "Bay Bridge Inn" that my idiot buddy booked. So if we survive the ghetto I would be down to check out y'alls tailgate or grab a beer at some point. #GoMeanGreen
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If that abode is on West Mac, I would sleep in the airport lounge or re book.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
6forHeisman.com
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

If that abode is on West Mac, I would sleep in the airport lounge or re book.
Harrison & 6th? looks like the sketchiest place ever, still paid $225 a night?
Sebastabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
6forHeisman.com said:

bearister said:

If that abode is on West Mac, I would sleep in the airport lounge or re book.
Harrison & 6th? looks like the sketchiest place ever, still paid $225 a night?
SOMA? Yikes. Yeah that's literally right on the Freeway. There may be a worse place to stay in SF, but if so I can't imagine what it might be. And that price (while it may seem outrageous) is essentially a flop house price in SF.
calumnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WhipItOutJoe said:

Another Bear said:

Big C said:

C'mon guys. He made the effort to visit us. Wish more opponents did...

6forHeisman, tell us a little about your school, your area of Texas and your team.

Go Bears!
A little bit of graciousness and Texas charm would have gone a long way in his intro and messages, instead of the Texas LOUD, Texas PROUD thing. No wants a visitor to have a bad time but work up to the smack talk after getting the needed details.
Did you guys not see the little winky emoji in his OP - pretty sure he was being tongue-in-cheek - .

If nothing else, Texans are generally quite polite. I'm looking forward to that game - bought some club level seats on stubhub.

As far as recommending Kips, I presume that is also tongue-in-cheek, or has it been so long since I've been there that it is actually worth going to now?

Go Bears!


No, the recommendations such as Kip's have been the equivalent of "picnic in People's Park."
YamhillBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
calumnus said:

WhipItOutJoe said:

...
As far as recommending Kips, I presume that is also tongue-in-cheek, or has it been so long since I've been there that it is actually worth going to now?

Go Bears!


No, the recommendations such as Kip's have been the equivalent of "picnic in People's Park."
Actually, if you're looking for traditional college dive post game bar (as I think the OP was), I'd say Kip's fits that bill more or less. Not to mention fitting that description for at least 35 years...
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
6th St, near Market and Mission are sketchy but near Harrison it's "okay". Use to have a small office near the Chron building, 5th/Mission. Like much of SF, the weirdness and niceness literally changes block to block. It's even more pronounced with the craziness of current rent. 6th and Harrison isn't great but it's okay. Personally I'd walk down Harrison to 4th st, then walk to Market, past Moscone convention center.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
6forHeisman.com said:

bearister said:

If that abode is on West Mac, I would sleep in the airport lounge or re book.
Harrison & 6th? looks like the sketchiest place ever, still paid $225 a night?


I figured you booked Bay Bridge Inn, Oaktown.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Page 1 of 4
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.