PtownBear1 said:

calumnus said:

Golden One said:

calumnus said:

wifeisafurd said:

510 Bear said:

Troy Taylor.
Waiting for a bigger HC position, like Cal, in the event the offense never works out? (I say this even though I like Wilcox a lot).

We might have grabbed him last year, before he took the Sac State HC job. He has a seven year contract paying him $240,000 per year. Baldwin makes $675,000 per year.

Taylor loves Cal.
I know he loves Cal, but would that really be enough for him to accept the OC position at Cal when he left the OC job at a better program (Utah) to become the HC at Sac State?

Notice I said "might." But why is Utah a better program than Cal? We need to unpack that. However here is a great article about Taylor leaving Utah that gives great insight including the two times he left Cal:

https://espn700sports.com/news/what-we-know-about-the-departure-of-utah-oc-troy-taylor/

At least based on that article, he seems too laid back. I anticipate Taylor would have some of the same issues working with Wilcox that he had with Whittingham.

Wilcox is pretty laid back. If Troy Taylor was producing at Cal as OC, I think Wilcox would completely leave him alone. They would get along fine. Look at how much leeway Baldwin has gotten producing the worst offense in the Pac-12 three years out of three.

Last year Utah had over 1,000 more yards and 113 more points than Cal (and our defense produced a lot of those).

Imagine what Whittingham would do if his OC produced Baldwin's last in the Pac-12 results three years in a row?