2019 Coaching Carousel

9,707 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by petalumabear
Pigskin Pete
How long do you want to ignore this user?
golden sloth said:

GBear4Life said:

GoldenBear1 said:

Shaw will never leave Stanford, it's cushy and comfortable. Zero media/fan attention/scrutiny. He's not a pro coach and not even a great college coach.
Stanford recruits the kids that want to go to a place like that from private high schools with or without Shaw.
This is just unabashed Stanford hate.

Kids go to Stanford cuz Stanford? Were you in a coma before the Harbaugh era?

Who knows if he's a good coach and CEO. He certainly sustained Stanford's success for a while after Harbaugh left. But I suppose that's all on Harbaugh. And should Stanford collapse immediately after Harbaugh, it would be used to say the HC sucks.
Flagged for implying unabashed Stanford hate is bad thing.
Abashed Stanford hate would be a bad thing. One should never be abashed on hating them in a sports sense.
wifeisafurd
LACalFan said:

calumnus said:

petalumabear said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Shaw on the move?

with what 4 players from the Furd in the portal now the getting out might be the smart thing to do as it appears that the whole Furd myth is rapidly becoming a myth. Go East snarky man, go east!!

Plus the exiting last year amongst allegations since hushed up of the S&C staff that came in under Harbaugh, with a noticeable drop off in Stanford player size, strength and durability.
That slipped through my radar. Tell me more. Are you telling me it was more than a glove???
Just for the record Turley was NOT fired for that reason. Best to leave it at that. As someone said when talking about our QB that transferred - some things should just remain internal.
LACalFan
wifeisafurd said:

LACalFan said:

calumnus said:

petalumabear said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Shaw on the move?

with what 4 players from the Furd in the portal now the getting out might be the smart thing to do as it appears that the whole Furd myth is rapidly becoming a myth. Go East snarky man, go east!!

Plus the exiting last year amongst allegations since hushed up of the S&C staff that came in under Harbaugh, with a noticeable drop off in Stanford player size, strength and durability.
That slipped through my radar. Tell me more. Are you telling me it was more than a glove???
Just for the record Turley was NOT fired for that reason. Best to leave it at that. As someone said when talking about our QB that transferred - some things should just remain internal.
Wardrobe malfunction
GBear4Life
tigertim
golden sloth said:

GBear4Life said:

GoldenBear1 said:

Shaw will never leave Stanford, it's cushy and comfortable. Zero media/fan attention/scrutiny. He's not a pro coach and not even a great college coach.
Stanford recruits the kids that want to go to a place like that from private high schools with or without Shaw.
This is just unabashed Stanford hate.

Kids go to Stanford cuz Stanford? Were you in a coma before the Harbaugh era?

Who knows if he's a good coach and CEO. He certainly sustained Stanford's success for a while after Harbaugh left. But I suppose that's all on Harbaugh. And should Stanford collapse immediately after Harbaugh, it would be used to say the HC sucks.
Flagged for implying unabashed Stanford hate is bad thing.
I ****ing despise Stanford. At the same time, Shaw has also put together a better 9 years at Stanford than any Berkeley coach has here since....what, the '30s?
BearlyCareAnymore
wifeisafurd said:

LACalFan said:

calumnus said:

petalumabear said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Shaw on the move?

Yes, but that is about OUR dirty laundry. All of Stanford's dirty laundry should be flown as publicly as possible.
NYCGOBEARS
Peeler to Texas State as OC with Spavital.
LACalFan
NYCGOBEARS said:

Those two can croot
NYCGOBEARS
LACalFan said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

Those two can croot

Yeah for sure.
calumnus
OaktownBear said:

wifeisafurd said:

LACalFan said:

calumnus said:

petalumabear said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Shaw on the move?

Yes, but that is about OUR dirty laundry. All of Stanford's dirty laundry should be flown as publicly as possible.

Yes, Turley was apparently "parted ways with" for "inappropriate behavior" that will be swept under the carpet. Nevertheless the drop off in Stanford's strength and conditioning has been obvious. Maybe he took the keys to The Glove with him?
bear2034
WavyBear said:

Maybe Baldwin could get the Cal Poly job.
nice call.
Bear19
wifeisafurd said:

LACalFan said:

calumnus said:

petalumabear said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Shaw on the move?

Unfair, wifeisafurd! You drop a juicy morsel about Bowers with no hint about what really happened. Come on, spill it!
GBear4Life
NYCGOBEARS said:

Spavital will be a P5 HC before long
wifeisafurd
Bear19 said:

wifeisafurd said:

LACalFan said:

calumnus said:

petalumabear said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Shaw on the move?

Unfair, wifeisafurd! You drop a juicy morsel about Bowers with no hint about what really happened. Come on, spill it!
Not gonna happen.
BearlyCareAnymore
wifeisafurd said:

Bear19 said:

wifeisafurd said:

LACalFan said:

calumnus said:

petalumabear said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Shaw on the move?

Not gonna happen.

Fully understand you have to respect your sources and if you spill the information there are repercussions for you. I can only hope there is an as yet unknown poster who knows the same information but can't be traced. Maybe named Fifeisawurd or something.
82gradDLSdad
OaktownBear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Bear19 said:

wifeisafurd said:

LACalFan said:

calumnus said:

petalumabear said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Shaw on the move?

Not gonna happen.

Fully understand you have to respect your sources and if you spill the information there are repercussions for you. I can only hope there is an as yet unknown poster who knows the same information but can't be traced. Maybe named Fifeisawurd or something.

Maybe Ron Vara knows and will post.
Goobear
OaktownBear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Bear19 said:

wifeisafurd said:

LACalFan said:

calumnus said:

petalumabear said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Shaw on the move?

Not gonna happen.

We are still on this? Let's move on people....
BearlyCareAnymore
Goobear said:

OaktownBear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Bear19 said:

wifeisafurd said:

LACalFan said:

calumnus said:

petalumabear said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Shaw on the move?

Not gonna happen.

It was a joke, dude.
Alkiadt
Pigskin Pete said:

OaktownBear said:

Or you could just assume he's as full of **** as he is about most of the so-called inside information he posts and just not care...
You like to put people down to make yourself feel good. Knowing who he is, all I'll say is Wifeisafurd is very connected and doesn't need the ego stroke you think he's looking for to make himself feel good. You can discount him because you think he's full of ****, but it only reflects badly on you. Get over the name calling already. You obviously DO care, or you wouldn't post what you do sometimes.
NYCGOBEARS
Alkiadt said:

Pigskin Pete said:

OaktownBear said:

Or you could just assume he's as full of **** as he is about most of the so-called inside information he posts and just not care...
You like to put people down to make yourself feel good. Knowing who he is, all I'll say is Wifeisafurd is very connected and doesn't need the ego stroke you think he's looking for to make himself feel good. You can discount him because you think he's full of ****, but it only reflects badly on you. Get over the name calling already. You obviously DO care, or you wouldn't post what you do sometimes.

I'd bet that Pigskin Pete is wearing lipstick right now.
Goobear
OaktownBear said:

Goobear said:

OaktownBear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Bear19 said:

wifeisafurd said:

LACalFan said:

calumnus said:

petalumabear said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Shaw on the move?

Not gonna happen.

It was a joke, dude.
Ok, my bad. I apologize of course.
LodeBear
no need to apologize Goo. We'll just move on..... to a nice recruiting class!!!
Pigskin Pete
NYCGOBEARS said:

Alkiadt said:

Pigskin Pete said:

OaktownBear said:

Ran out three days ago
NYCGOBEARS
Pigskin Pete said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

Alkiadt said:

Pigskin Pete said:

OaktownBear said:

Ran out three days ago

That's actually a great retort.
GBear4Life
We're entitled to know everything about the program and its staff and players, including Wilcox's intermittent fasting routine.
TheSouseFamily
Gotta think SC came to the table with some pretty tall stacks to keep Harrell.

GoldenB
yes, I was wrong about that one. I thought he would slingshot to a new HC position or big pay day at another university rather than go down with current coaching staff. He must have gotten a huge pay day to stay with the sinking ship Maybe he was promised a potential head coaching gig there next year although I would doubt SC would go in that direction. I think next HC will be a big name established one
petalumabear
wifeisafurd said:

LACalFan said:

calumnus said:

petalumabear said:

TheSouseFamily said:

Shaw on the move?

A young man from our hometown, Cullen Carroll, took over for Turley. I'm not sure if Cullen was ready to step up or that anyone was expecting the move quite this soon but he's a great young man from a fantastic family. He and his siblings have been through a ton over the past 6 or so years so I know he can handle it and will succeed. Again, my only concern is the timing. He is VERY CAPABLE.

Nor sure if you've met him WIAF..... I hope he really develops in the position and this year was just an outlier injury wise.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.