Disgusting Duo-per Massey!

6 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by sonofabear51
Ccajon2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Formerly Foul Five-per Massey! Being that the last place teams in the B1G, B-12, and SEC aren't that bad,and even have winning records, (Okie st. 6-4 #61) I've boiled it down to this hapless duet:

Cal #298 (0-11)
Louie #268 (0-9)
oskidunker
Cal Band should play Louie Louie
Go Bears!
Ccajon2
Nothing's changed, loyal readers.

#247 Louisville (2-14)
#222 Cal Bears (3-13)

Note- Cal playing much better but the next lowest P5 team is in the 160s.
Civil Bear
At least we're not Louisville.
BearoutEast67
Pay attention: 3 wins in last 4 games.
Donate to Cal's NIL at https://calegends.com/donation/
Ccajon2
BearoutEast67 said:

Pay attention: 3 wins in last 4 games.

And without Askew.
Econ141
Dare I say that I'm looking forward to the next game?!?!
oskidunker
Econ141 said:

Dare I say that I'm looking forward to the next game?!?!
How does Clayton play on the road?
Go Bears!
polarbear
Ranked #221 as of today (Jan 10). Several weeks ago we were hovering around the #300 mark so definitely an improvement. Long way to go though.
calumnus
polarbear said:

Ranked #221 as of today (Jan 10). Several weeks ago we were hovering around the #300 mark so definitely an improvement. Long way to go though.

In Sagarin Recent we are ranked #170 and the Beavers are ranked #171
Ccajon2
I agree with the poster in another thread: if Fox finished with 12+ wins, we have to endure him for another year.
stu
I have no idea how the decision will be made so I'm afraid we may have to endure Fox for another year after 3+ wins. I sure hope he doesn't get an extension.
oskidunker
Ccajon2 said:

I agree with the poster in another thread: if Fox finished with 12+ wins, we have to endure him for another year.
Not possible. Only 13 games left
Go Bears!
stu
Counting today and the 1st PAC-12 tournament game we have 15 games remaining. Wyking's record is not yet safe. But Wyking can rest easy since one of those games is against Stanford.
calumnus
stu said:

Counting today and the 1st PAC-12 tournament game we have 15 games remaining. Wyking's record is not yet safe. But Wyking can rest easy since one of those games is against Stanford.

We beat Stanford at Haas. Winning at Maples, or any road game, is less certain (no road wins yet this season, even at UC San Diego). Our game with the best chance of being a Cal win is Oregon State at Haas.
dimitrig
Ccajon2 said:

He should have been fired already.

What is JK waiting for?

Big C
dimitrig said:

Ccajon2 said:

What is JK waiting for?

^^^ Hopefully, the second week in March. ^^^ My concern right now is, is he planning (and even beginning) a better process than last time. I mean, he should already have a "short list". Heck, we do. Right now, he should be talking to people to try and uncover a few more possibilities. Also, working on a way to pay for the transition. However, I have a feeling he is not doing that. Maybe he has put in a call to his infamous search committee.
southseasbear
Big C said:

dimitrig said:

Ccajon2 said:

What is JK waiting for?

^^^ Hopefully, the second week in March. ^^^ My concern right now is, is he planning (and even beginning) a better process than last time. I mean, he should already have a "short list". Heck, we do. Right now, he should be talking to people to try and uncover a few more possibilities. Also, working on a way to pay for the transition. However, I have a feeling he is not doing that. Maybe he has put in a call to his infamous search committee.
The man's a moron. He still thinks he made the right decision with the right process, that would have worked out but for COVID..
Fire Knowlton!
Fire Fox!
Put Wilcox in a hot seat!
calumnus
southseasbear said:

Big C said:

dimitrig said:

Ccajon2 said:

What is JK waiting for?

The man's a moron. He still thinks he made the right decision with the right process, that would have worked out but for COVID..

He thinks that if not for COVID and all the injuries and Fox being the only one in college basketball "doing it the right way" and "better recruiting" (which he must think is random, or just hard work?) we could be sniffing .500, which he thinks is the goal.
stu
dimitrig said:

What is JK waiting for?
I think Fox should have been fired after the 21-22 season, if not then after the end of the 22-23 OOC season with his 1 - 13 record. But since he's still here I can see two reasons Knowlton might want to keep him:

First, if we wait till April the buyout will be lower.

Second, Knowlton may be hoping for some miraculous turnaround (like 5 or 6 conference wins) which would give him an excuse not to fire Fox at all (thereby admitting a mistake).
sonofabear51
Agreed, and that is kinda what I think will happen. I don't think Fox leaves till at least the season is over, and maybe not till the end of 2024. Which sucks. They will continue to pass on possible coaches who actually 'fit', (Pasternak, et al) and then either look to a search firm, which does not work, or close in on a has-been or whatever. The 'search firm' idea is such a cop-out. AD, do your ****ING job!
Start Slowly and taper off
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.