cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,264,748 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
Cal Geek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom;842472294 said:

Shocky:

Please tell us your tenants of wisdom, of life. What is it that you believe in, most of all in your heart?

Shocky:
Quote:

I believe in having the maximum number of posts that I can attain. I believe in the dumbazz. I believe in niceazz. I believe in moreazz....
Shocky1
Cal Geek;842472331 said:

Shocky:

cal geek, you are not balanced, you need a yoga practice

namastae#

concordtom
south bender;842472327 said:

How about Raffa Chalian, smart azz?

Ha ha!
concordtom
Shocky1;842472335 said:

namastae#

Shocky, I gave you a softball! Truly!
Are you really going to let CalGeek steal the punchline?
parentswerebears
south bender;842472327 said:

How about Raffa Chalian, smart azz?

I'm pretty sure his name is Raffi
concordtom
Welcome, folks, to our evening interview on the BearInsider channel.
Tonight, we've got a very special guest, all the way from Scottsdale, Arizona.
A former teenage San Francisco caddy and more recently the youngest golfer in the world to play all 100 of the top ranked golf courses worldwide (2001-2011 rankings).
He is an unabashed Cal basketball fan.
Folks, welcome Mr. Shocky!

Shock, we've got a lot of fan mail for you, but the first question I'd like to ask is this: How the hell did Bob McCoy play all 100 courses in 100 consecutive days in 1997? I mean, the travel to all those different cities in 100 days would be an accomplishment, let alone playing 4 hours of golf every 24 hours. Are the record-keepers sure that Bob doesn't have an identical brother who showed up at every other course for him, and they did it together?
concordtom
parentswerebears;842472343 said:

I'm pretty sure his name is Raffi

Like this? I thought he was still learning his ABC's.

Cal Geek
Shocky1;842472335 said:

namastae#

Now that is my kind of balance.....OMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
HoopDreams
HoopDreams
Coach Martin is building a great class, a great team
tons of athleticism and talent

Shocky1
former california golden bear emerson murray helped lead the redhawks with 3 points but also 5 boards & 5 assists

as for 16-18 buffs losing in the cbi, it's gonna be a long season next year in boulder...tad might consider starting a yoga practice this week

implosion#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842465204 said:

the bears are actively targeting 6'4" 175 lbs 2015 shooting guard tyson jolly from putnam city west hs in oklahoma city...jolly is an active defender with a strong handle & a reliable shooting stroke...dude has a non stop motor

around a year ago last february tyson was rushed to the hospital for what turned out to be blood clots on his lungs & the doc told him he would never play basketball again...yeah, both he & coach martin probably aren't big fans of hospital beds or giving up

tyson is unbreakable both mentally & physically...jolly is arguably the fastest rising senior in the 2015 class with a 20 point & 9 rebounds average and is expected to be rated as a top 100 player in the final class rankings per feedback from eric bossi to a cal staff member

huf is talking to tyson daily & it's expected that he will officially visit cal along with a couple of other colleges on his other quickly expanding schools list after his season is over...tyson is a pretty good student with a 3.1 gpa & is coachable both on & off the court

unlike a lot of elite players that myopically think they are gonna just ball out for 10 minutes in college before heading to the nba, tyson fully understands that basketball can be taken away from you at any point, that your playing days can be over in a blink of an eye injury...boom, you're done playing basketball forever & then you gotta use your education to still reach all your dreams in life

yeah, jolly is the mentally tough kinda guy the cal basketball program is gonna build around & his offer from the staff is an actionable one...tyson's last 12 months have been a real rollercoaster but the gates to his unlimited future are wide open

the university of california, berkeley=#1 public university in the world (including freezing azz oklahoma)

coach martin is gonna visit with tyson jolly re: playing time at the #1 public university in the world in beautiful california in a family atmosphere

yeah, traveling to oklahoma city is kinda glamorous

50 year decision#

tyson is gonna officially visit cal april 10-11th (with a probable special guest appearance by young ivee) & gonzaga the following weekend (if he hasn't already made a commitment somewhere) & has made it clear he's gonna leave oklahoma for college

cal family#
Cal Geek
Shocky1;842472363 said:

former california golden bear emerson murray helped lead the redhawks with 3 points but also 5 boards & 5 assists

as for 16-18 buffs losing in the cbi, it's gonna be a long season next year in boulder...tad might consider starting a yoga practice this week

implosion#

Or at the very least a Meditation Studio...........
concordtom
Cal Geek;842472384 said:

Or at the very least a Meditation Studio...........

That's what you want, eh? A meditation studio with that upside down chick in it, right?
Vandalus
concordtom;842472348 said:

Like this? I thought he was still learning his ABC's.

Shocky1
Shocky1;842470821 said:

good luck to modesto christian's head coach richard midgley as he leads his crusaders vs the bishop o'dowd dragons tonite at 8:00 pm in the nor cal open championship game at sleep train arena in sacramento

did i mention sir richard met his wife (she got a great smile) at cal?...yeah, cal is a dream school

congrated midgley on his team making the nor cal open finals for a 2nd time in a row vs bishop o'dowd & playing them tough this year...richard told me:

"we defended rabb similar to previous times we played them by using a post to post double every catch on the block..this year was a little different because of their personnel which meant we could sag off certain matchups and limit a lot of touches for ivan close to the rim...we tried to deny all his high post touches...funny thing is i thought we did a really good job defending him as a team and he finishes with 18 points and 18 rebounds...we had a couple of other different zone defenses we had worked in preparation but our man defense was working really well so we did not change out of it"

"he is very difficult to guard, impossible, 1 on 1 on the block at the high school level...he is very composed and unselfish, does not force shots, offensive/defensive rebounds really well, makes all his free throws, expanded his range out to 3 and incredible rim protector who doesn't foul"

"lou did not talk to me from tuesday night after the open semi finals all the way through to the game...he did send me some film to look at of mater dei but i have not looked at yet...he has an excellent coaching staff and no-one works harder than lou in game preparation and coaching year round...in my opinion a big reason for ivan's success"

"my wife was a business major at cal and we met as she was working event management for gordon at cal sporting events"

"looks like its going to be an exciting couple of weeks for cal baskeball recruiting"

richard midgley=fierce competitor & outstanding representative of the #1 public university in the world (including england)
concordtom
Shocky1;842472549 said:

congrated midgley on his team making the nor cal open finals for a 2nd time in a row vs bishop o'dowd & playing them tough this year...richard told me:

"we defended rabb similar to previous times we played them by using a post to post double every catch on the block..this year was a little different because of their personnel which meant we could sag off certain matchups and limit a lot of touches for ivan close to the rim...we tried to deny all his high post touches...funny thing is i thought we did a really good job defending him as a team and he finishes with 18 points and 18 rebounds...we had a couple of other different zone defenses we had worked in preparation but our man defense was working really well so we did not change out of it"

"he is very difficult to guard, impossible, 1 on 1 on the block at the high school level...he is very composed and unselfish, does not force shots, offensive/defensive rebounds really well, makes all his free throws, expanded his range out to 3 and incredible rim protector who doesn't foul"

"lou did not talk to me from tuesday night after the open semi finals all the way through to the game...he did send me some film to look at of mater dei but i have not looked at yet...he has an excellent coaching staff and no-one works harder than lou in game preparation and coaching year round...in my opinion a big reason for ivan's success"

"my wife was a business major at cal and we met as she was working event management for gordon at cal sporting events"

"looks like its going to be an exciting couple of weeks for cal baskeball recruiting"

richard midgley=fierce competitor & outstanding representative of the #1 public university in the world (including england)

And this is why we keep reading the Monster thread...
socaltownie
concordtom;842472601 said:

And this is why we keep reading the Monster thread...

+1. Great to hear about Richard's success. Enjoyed following him during his Cal career.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842345874 said:

shareef abdur rahim (the 2nd oldest of 12 children from marietta georgia) was a high school mcdonalds all american...during his one season for the bears rahim averaged 21.1 ppg, 8.4 rpg & was named pac 10 mvp of the year, the 1st freshman to ever win that award...shareef also rocked a 3.5 gpa during that magical year in berkeley

rahim was the 3rd pick of the 1996 nba draft, played 13 seasons in the league with a career 18.1 ppg average & $100+million in nba contracts

shareef met the girl of his dreams delicia in berkeley & today they fund/manage the futures foundation which provides after school & other support services for at risk youth in atlanta..."dee dee" is also a cal grad & a practicing attorney along with being a mom, entrepreneur & philanthropist

in may of 2012 shareef graduated from cal 16 yrs later with a 3.8 gpa & a degree is sociology

check out the interview video with shareef
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/21/former-california-one-and-done-star-shareef-abdur-rahim-graduates-with-degree/

cal is a dream school...shareef got the girl, the nba $100+million, the cal degree & a promising future

cal family#
50 yr decision#

bilal abdur-rahim is a 6'5" senior at wheeler high school in marietta, georgia which finished the season ranked #5 in the nation with a 30-2 record en route to a georgia 6a championship

bilal is a good friend & teammate of jaylen brown at wheeler high school

connecting the dots#
HoopDreams
[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=6]do you see a pattern here?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=6]Team USA Nike Hoop Summit - Saturday, April 11[/SIZE]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]do you see a pattern here?[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]what are the common elements in test 1 and test 2?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]McDonald’s All-American game - Wednesday, April 1[/SIZE]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842472218 said:

leo nikolayevich tolstoy is a late emerging 5 star euro recruit with an actionable offer from the cal staff...leo has got a 4.38 gpa & is considered a strong cal fit in that he is considered the considered the greatest writer ever in russian literature by rivals & scout, should be fully qualified & cleared by the ncca this spring...his significant production is tempered by his preference for making non violent resistance statements & questioning authority during strategy time outs...lacks lateral mobility & is not a strong on ball defender primairly because he is dead...loves berkelely & is considered a strong cal lean by 24/7

huf has been on top of tolstoy since he was a standout at tula middle school with progressive hops & the ability to think 3 steps ahead in real time

huf is relentless

seasons change, people change, but huf is never gonna change
concordtom
So, wait, now we're gonna land
Bilal Abdur-Rahim
Derryck Thornton
Jaylen Brown
Caleb Swanigan
Ivan Rabb
Davon Dillard

That's 6, and we so far have 4 openings (Kravish, Tarwater, Berhens, and one that went unused).

I get the chatter surrounding chauca's "new beginnings" tweet, but this goes beyond.... Hmmm, maybe Thornton ain't comin' after all. Too bad, bc I really wanted that PG. Would be awesome to have another Abdur-Rahim, however!!
Shocky1
the bears are not recruiting bilal abdur rahim

derrcyk thornton is not reclassifying from 2016 to 2015 & is a strong duke lean until he visits berkeley this summer with his dad & considers playing with cal's potential diamonds are forever class (2015)...the staff is also really feeling lightning fast devearl ramsey as a 2016 priority target at point guard
HoopDreams
Good luck to [COLOR="#0000CD"]Asha Thomas[/COLOR], point guard for the O'Dowd Dragons (and incoming Cal freshmen) who will be playing in the California State Championship game in Haas Pavillion tomorrow (March 27)

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=6][SIZE=7][COLOR="#0000CD"]Rep the Bay[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
mikecohen
HoopDreams;842472722 said:

Good luck to [COLOR="#0000CD"]Asha Thomas[/COLOR], point guard for the O'Dowd Dragons (and incoming Cal freshmen) who will be playing in the California State Championship game in Haas Pavillion tomorrow (March 27)

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=6][SIZE=7][COLOR="#0000CD"]Rep the Bay[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

With all the pressures on kids today, and especially on young women, and young women athletes, it is heart warming to see the expressions of pure joy and happiness on the faces of those young women.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842460998 said:

dk is the consummate team player unselfishly playing out of position this season & is an amazing student athlete with an eye on the future...mark my words, kravish is gonna be a multi millionaire, a terrific husband & father, and a true friend to those close to him with his giving spirit...dave & debra kravish gotta be pretty proud of their son

the cal basketball experience extends far beyond playing basketball on the basketball court with a basketball...unlike basketball factories like arizona that leave their ballers undereducated & poorly prepared for the future once they leave tucson, the #1 public university in the world successfully prepares its graduates for life's many challenges & opportunities

david, you are a special person & i'm gonna yell my azz off for you on sunday...and yeah, i'll probably go to one of your concerts in the future too, who knew that you're also the lead singer for st lucia?...if you play this song at your upcoming summer wedding to ashton pohlman, i'll feel like i've accomplished something (kim k dumping that sorry azz kayne for me isn't gonna count) with this dumb azz cal's monster class thread

the smartest bear of them all#

"my most memorable moment was beating arizona at home my junior year...the place was electric"

"i'd tell the younger guys on our team to always believe in themselves no matter what happens...success starts with believing in yourself that you can achieve your goals"

"to the fans and donors that supported me: thank you for everything...my experience at cal would never have been as great if it wasn't for your loud cheers and all of the efforts you put in to make this program so special"
-david kravish
Steam67
Shocky1;842472691 said:

seasons change, people change, but huf is never gonna change

http://www.hark.com/clips/kgpgbfytxr-interest-rates-fluctuate
Shocky1

today indiana's governor mike pence signed behind closed doors (which is ironic in itself) the religious freedom restoration act which will allow discrimination based upon religious views & sexual orientation, it is a slap in the face to those of us that embrace diversity & civil rights

a similar piece of legislation is pending in michigan

big sauce, are you tired of living in the freezing azz cold & the socially azz backwards midwest?...do you really want to waste your college experience at purdue or michigan state?

the university of california, berkeley was at the epicenter of america's social awakening in the sixties, does that appeal to you?...do you want to grow as a person & become truly an enlightened citizen of the world?

caleb, the san francisco bay area is truly a melting pot of people from all walks of life, it's up to you & your personal values system if you wanna get on the love train

ask ivan#
shocky is a mutt#
HoopDreams
Good luck to [COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan Rabb[/COLOR] and the O'Dowd Dragons who will be playing in the California State Championship game in Haas Pavillon on Saturday (March 28)

[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=7][FONT=Impact]Rep the Bay [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Shocky1
"grind when no ones watching so you can shine when the cameras come on"
-oscar frayer, the ringleader of cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

Shocky1
captain obvious says you don't have to go to or have graduated from cal to be a bears fan...cal is the #1 ranked PUBLIC university in the world, anybody can be a true california golden bear, all you gotta do is roar at haas pavilion

but just watching the games on tv like a boring azz zombie doesn't make you a fan...no, that just makes you a passive loser who probably also plays video games and watches the horses pass you by...if you got kidz, it also makes you a terrible role model as your kidz will grow up without passion & non engaged intensity like you

check out basketball season tixs for next season at haas pavilion at calbears.com or call 1-800-gobears & figure out a season tix package that works for you

experience the magic of haas

this **** is getting live

thx captain obvious, we're gonna be off to the races

the time is now#
SRBear
Capt. Obvious says he can't get tickets at clabbers.com.
Shocky1
SRBear;842473041 said:

Capt. Obvious says he can't get tickets at clabbers.com.

captain obvious is a dumb azz
Shocky1

some **** never gonna change
First Page Last Page
Page 167 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.