cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,367,626 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
what's the real reason the cal basketball season is over?

sshhh, don't tell nobody but it's because they don't want any more dumb azzs wearing purple linen vilebrequin shirts stormin' the floor & screaming from the rooftops after an epic ice in his veins game winning moneyball by t-wall
[video=youtube;N7QqouIxulM][/video]

yeah, the cal athletic department don't want that happening no more...i've been talked to that's for sure but i got monkey voices talkin' to me in my head about them diamonds in the sky at my palace...let's be real here, i think i'm kanye jr...ok, maybe a kanye jr with a much better golf game & a yoga practice...no wonder kim k is gonna dump his sorry broken down azz for me

look, most people don't know this but gordon's security goons after the usc celebration took me into a private back room at haas...don't go there unless you wanna be detained, felt up, strip searched, tongue kissed, handcuffed with chicago model 1000 nickel plated cuffs & showered against the wall with a flexible ease...on the other hand, it sounds just like a date nite with the shockster

the magic of haas#
Shocky1
who are big sauce & young ivee?...never heard of them
Shocky1

davon, happy birthday but that doesn't mean you can room with whoever you want when you get to california, ok?...that's not how cal freshmen housing works, haven't you read any of the stuff that tarrance has sent you?

i dunno maybe you will be able to room with some of them mcdonalds guys

cal family#
Shocky1

taking care of business#
Shocky1

the big dance#
Shocky1
who really is ivan rabb?

perhaps a clue or two can be found in this ktvu channel 2 video news report
http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/bay-area-high-school-preps-basketball-star-future-/nhL2B/

listen to how an articulate, composed & thoughtful young ivee talks about his love, respect & appreciation for his mom often working 2-3 jobs at a time to support their family

tami rabb=mom of the year

salute#
Shocky1
who really is ivan rabb?

current cal team manager & former bishop o'dowd's team manager/assistant coach last season lucas cortez has a heart defect which is kinda surprising because he seems to have the heart of 10,000 ferocious golden bears

so when the senior (lucas is #14) finally got into a game late in the season, check out the reaction of ivan (#23) when something magical happened

ivan's ecstatic celebration (1st teammate to run storm the court, dude is kinda like me that way) tells you all you gotta know about him, the dragons all american is unselfish & loves his teammates

so after the ucla game at haas 2 seasons ago, i asked bod head coach lou richie (a ucla grad & a close friend with richard midgley & theo robertson) who brought all his dragons to berkeley if he would introduce me to my idol (lucas, of course...donors can never speak with any potential recruits such as ivan)...richie introduces me to the man of the hour & i tell an enthusiastic lucas he's got a sweet j & that he's an inspiration to me and everyone on planet earth...the personable lucas thanks me & then humbly introduces me to the guy he thinks deserves all the credit, his teammate who took the video of this epic event...i tell his teammate that clips from the video are going viral & that he's gonna be a hollywood producer someday riding in stretch limos...all the dragons including ivan are laughing in agreement about that

the unassuming superstar#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;t-FTkboode8][/video]

rainbow from heaven#
Shocky1
who really is ivan rabb?

ivan attended montera middle school along with cal signee asha thomas & boise state signee paris austin in the oakland public school district & was not academically prepared for the college preparatory schoolwork required at bishop o'dowd...as a freshman young ivee's gpa was 1.8 the 1st semester & 2.8 the 2nd semester until tami rabb's son then started attending tutoring sessions both before & after school...dragons bb hc lou richie & the bod teachers/administration also deserve credit for fostering an intellectual curiousity & a successful academic gameplan for ivan

rabb now carries a very solid 3.15 gpa at the academically rigorous bod in his quest to be well balanced individual, a true student athlete & not just some dumb azz baller whose life is gonna turn to **** if he gets injured

hopefully someday ivan will be in a position to give back generously to bod to ensure academic opportunities for future generations of oakland youth, to become a true role model for academic & athletic achievement

ivan's career interests include becoming a real estate developer (his brother tamarik is interested in architecture) when his playing days are over & his academic achievements will further him along this journey

a mind is a terrible thing to waste, academic ambition is a beautiful thing

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including oakland)
Shocky1
young ivee is a friend of ronald

Shocky1
good luck to modesto christian's head coach richard midgley as he leads his crusaders vs the bishop o'dowd dragons tonite at 8:00 pm in the nor cal open championship game at sleep train arena in sacramento

did i mention sir richard met his wife (she got a great smile) at cal?...yeah, cal is a dream school

Shocky1
Shocky1;842468789 said:

https://vimeo.com/45797764

"i tell him 'don't let basketball define you...don't let it be your identity'...you see guys like magic johnson who have such an impact in the community...i think he can do great things in a community like oakland"
-lou richie re: young ivee

let's do this#

check out this outstanding article by mitch stephens re: the 4 montera prep middle school standouts that beat the odds & earned d1 scholarships as bishop o'dowd student athletes
http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Bishop-O-Dowd-s-Big-4-players-share-a-6148963.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop
petalumabear
Shocky1;842470735 said:

[video=youtube;t-FTkboode8][/video]

rainbow from heaven#

Ahhh my old high school gym. Takes me back..... good times.
UCBerkGrad
Shocky1;842470726 said:

who really is ivan rabb?

current cal team manager & former bishop o'dowd's team manager/assistant coach last season lucas cortez has a heart defect which is kinda surprising because he seems to have the heart of 10,000 ferocious golden bears

so when the senior (lucas is #14) finally got into a game late in the season, check out the reaction of ivan (#23) when something magical happened

ivan's ecstatic celebration (1st teammate to run storm the court, dude is kinda like me that way) tells you all you gotta know about him, the dragons all american is unselfish & loves his teammates

so after the ucla game at haas 2 seasons ago, i asked bod head coach lou richie (a ucla grad & a close friend with richard midgley & theo robertson) who brought all his dragons to berkeley if he would introduce me to my idol (lucas, of course...donors can never speak with any potential recruits such as ivan)...richie introduces me to the man of the hour & i tell an enthusiastic lucas he's got a sweet j & that he's an inspiration to me and everyone on planet earth...the personable lucas thanks me & then humbly introduces me to the guy he thinks deserves all the credit, his teammate who took the video of this epic event...i tell his teammate that clips from the video are going viral & that he's gonna be a hollywood producer someday riding in stretch limos...all the dragons including ivan are laughing in agreement about that

the unassuming superstar#

That was a very cool vid. Thanks for sharing it. You could feel the love in the gym.
HoopDreams
Congrates to [COLOR="#0000CD"]Caleb Swanigan[/COLOR] for being named Indiana Gatorade Player of the Year

south bender
HD,

Why the picture of Jeff George?
HoopDreams
south bender;842470926 said:

HD,

Why the picture of Jeff George?

it's a gatorade ad, and I thought it looks cool
HoopDreams
[SIZE=3]Freshmen [COLOR="#0000CD"]Gabby Green[/COLOR] had a great game vs the Wichita Shockers in the first round of the NCAA tournament[/SIZE]

[SIZE=7][COLOR="#0000CD"]Rep the Bay[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Shocky1

caleb swanigan scored 40 points along with 19 rebounds as the homestead spartans (30-2) declawed the south bend riley wildcats 90-69 in the indiana state playoffs somewhere in the dreary cold azz midwest

Shocky1
high temp of 48, low temp of 23 in lansing, michigan

high temp of 66, low temp of 54 in berkeley, california

don't be a dumb azz#
NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842471078 said:

high temp of 48, low temp of 23 in lansing, michigan

high temp of 66, low temp of 54 in berkeley, california

don't be a dumb azz#

Take off that red ___!
Shocky1
NYCGOBEARS;842471083 said:

Take off that red ___!

only if you got a cal degree#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=7][COLOR="#0000CD"]Congrates to the Cal swim team...National Champions![/COLOR][/SIZE]

HoopDreams
Bishop O'Dowd beats Modesto Christian in the Regional Finals
The Dragons were lead by [COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan Rabb[/COLOR]'s 18 points, 18 rebounds and 5 blocks
...on to the State Finals

[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=7]Rep the Bay[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Shocky1
the #1 player in the 2015 class ivan rabb scored 18 points along with 18 rebounds & 5 blocks as lou richies's bishop o'dowd dragons fireaballed richard midgley's modesto christian crusaders 56-47 to advance to the state of california open championshipi game next saturday nite march 28th at haas pavilion on the campus of the university of california, berkeley

"it's our goal...it's our last step to win this ring...it's not the first game we had to grind it out but it's good going into the last game...we have one more game to win to complete everything we want to accomplish...the only thing we haven't done is win a state title...it's been close...we'll prepare all week and be ready"
-ivan rabb

storybook ending?#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842471070 said:

caleb swanigan scored 40 points along with 19 rebounds as the homestead spartans (30-2) declawed the south bend riley wildcats 90-69 in the indiana state playoffs somewhere in the dreary cold azz midwest

homestead will play evansville reitz in the state championship game next saturday march 28th at 8:15 pm at the banker's life fieldhouse in indianapolis

hoosiers#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842346537 said:

took my fashionista daughters shay & taylor and their friends katie and carson (uncle jeff hornaceck played in the nba & is currently the phx suns head coach) to the antlers (indie band from brooklyn) concert tonite at the crescent ballroom in downtown phx

shaylor live music rules stipulate that i cannot stand by them unless they initiate such proximity to their dad

oh well

anyways, my favorite song was the hauntingly beautiful "palace" which is about a very personal & special place in your life that is filled with treasured memories, somewhere that is magical

as the song ended i realized that in many ways haas pavilion is my palace

what is your palace?

ivan rabb will be playing the final basketball game of his storied high school career next saturday march 28th at 8:00 pm vs mater dei for the state of california open division state championship at my palace, haas pavilion at the university of california, berkeley

stars aligning#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842357370 said:

on tuesday cal was at sierra canyon hs (chatsworth) watching their elite trio...all have offers from the bears staff

2016 pg devearl ramsey

2017 pf ira lee

2017 pf cody riley

go trailblazers#

coach martin, building upon the relationships started by huf, watched in person as head coach ty nichols' sierra canyon trailblazers (25-4) burned a road 70-44 thru the price knights (who could've used alan crabbe) in winning the so cal d5 championship game at colony high in ontario

"i'm ecstatic, i'm really happy for my teammates...happy for the seniors, we finally are going to state...this is a big one but we can't take the foot off the pedal...we have a big game next week"
-devearl ramsey after facilitating his teammates with 4 assists & scoring 11 points in limited playing time

sierra canyon is gonna play university high of san francisco next friday march 27th at noon for the state of california d5 championship at haas pavilion on the campus of the #1 ranked public university in the world

building the future#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842470046 said:

coach martin & the staff are relentlessly working to move the cal basketball program on its current upward trajectory & this resulted in his decision for the bears to not compete in the cbi...i respect coach so this decision (if it was up to me, we'd play cal basketball forever) is now ok with me but if the bears are the #1 seed in the west for the ncca tournament next march and coach passes on that too, that's not gonna be ******* acceptable...we compete, baby

the cbi decision can be consolidated down to 3 reasons:

1) academics: the bears schedule this season reflects the importance of achievement in the classroom...during the 1st half of the season, the bears only missed a couple of school days for the games in new york city at madison square garden...so traveling back east this week & missing classes in order to play the northern maine naval academy flying marlins in the cbi really didn't make a lot of sense from an academics perspective at the #1 public university in the world

2) facilities: lindsay's gottlieb's bears are hosting the ncca women's 1st round playoffs at haas pavillion this weekend & the california state high school state basketball championship games will be battled upon newell court march 27th & 28th

3) recruiting: the bears are working their azzs off to finish cal's potential diamonds are forever class (2015)

coach martin traveled to oklahoma city to meet with tyson jolly during an in home visit...jolly is underrated because of his health challenge during his junior season & is blowing up right now among high d1 programs...eric bossi has told a cal staffer that jolly will be in the rivals final top 100 rankings when it's released

the diamonds are forever class already has bad azz davon dillard who will add much needed toughness to the wings & former top 100 player stephen domingo who blueshirted this season...domingo is a 3 that can slide to the 4 and impressed with his lethal perimeter shooting skills during practices...stephen still needs to more aggressively pentrate & attack the basket when defenders close out on him in order to diversify his game ala alan crabbe, this will require improvement with his quickness & ball handling skills

at the 4, the bears staff is all in on the #1 ranked player in the 2015 class from oakland, california...they are not gonna recruit a 2 star weakling from the ross school for the performance arts just to make some dumb azz cal fans happy...btw, big sauce could also play the 4 in tandem with young ivee at the 5, both guys are multiple

at the 5, the bears are targeting top ten in the 2015 class multi skilled caleb swanigan but also have 2 guys with upside in kameron rooks & kingsley okoroh...if the bears played a game tomorrow, the new cored out body kam would probably start at center

at the 1, tyrone wallace has not made a decision yet whether he will wisely finish his cal degree or take his chances in the nba, siberia, the renegade truck stop on the meter frontage road in bakersfield, etc....coach martin loves the work ethics of both sammy singer & brandon chauca...coach wants singer to become a stronger defender, a 6-7 rebounds per game kind of leader & continue the shooting uptick he displayed in the 2nd half of the season...coach wants chauca to become a better on ball defender to prevent other teams going into isolation offensive schemes when he enters the game, dude can flat out shoot the rock

the bears are also well positioned at point guard for the future with derryck thornton (not looking to reclassify to 2015 at this time), jordan ford & devearl ramsey as 2016 prospects along with damari milstead & jade smith as 2017 prospects

trust me, coach martin & the staff aren't sleeping on the job, no they are not doing that

HoopDreams
Cal women will be fighting for a seat in the Sweet Sixteen today at 6pm in Berkeley. It's gonna be a war

Shocky1
coach martin & the cal staff are actively targeting devearl ramsey, a lightning fast & tenacious 5'10" 170 lbs 2016 point guard from sierra canyon (chatsworth)

devearl is already an unselfish facilitator & distributor in his 1st year playing the 1 for coach ty nichol's elite sierra canyon team, last year's trailblazers point guard derryck thornton is now playing for findlay prep in las vegas

dude is an outstanding on ball defender with his quick twitch movements & fierce style of play, a skill set coveted by the cal coaches...t-wall played lockdown d against many point guards last season but was abused by borderline nba prospects tj mcconnell & chasson randle...singer & chauca both have significant work to do this offseason to become championship level defenders

ramsey is a comfortable with pressure & playing on big stages as a multiple time player with team usa

devearl, the son of tasha banner & earl ramsey sr, is a very good student that enjoys writing poetry & his favorite class is math...he's got an interest in majoring in psychology in college, he's definitely not a dumb azz

the university of california, berkeley=#1 rated public (#3 overall) university in the world (including los angeles county)
calfanz
I hope he is as good as Duke's Ja.
calfanz
this kid is amazing. have seen him in person
Fearless
Strong with the Ball
would be the quickest guy in years to wear a Bears uniform.
amazing passer

Better PG than Jordan Ford IMHO.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842466986 said:

according to eugene police reports 2015 pac 12 mvp joesph young interacted for several minutes with dominic artis, damyean dotson & brandon austin the night they brutally raped & sexually assaulted a female student...he also saw the victim at that time & did not intervene on her behalf

interview question for young: "joesph, you made a lot of buckets for dana altman, do you feel you also had an obligation to protect a female student at the university of oregon from life changing violent attacks at the hands of your teammates?"

just do it#
this is oregon basketball#

joesph young made a lot of buckets, that's what he does in eugene, he's not gonna be bothered protecting some girl from being raped by his teammates after a huge victory vs arizona

joesph young makes buckets, the head coach is a criminal & many ducks fans are happy with this season

but make no mistake about it, dana altman & his henchman tony stubblefield are pieces of ****
https://vimeo.com/61390515
Shocky1
Shocky1;842458574 said:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/video_content_type/cals-coach-cuonzo-martin-definition-tough

"i love cal...i love (coach martin) since he's been at tennessee...he recruited me really early...i think they have a good program that's on the brink of success"
-caleb swanigan
First Page Last Page
Page 165 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.