cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,271,956 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oscar frayer, the student athlete ringleader of cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016) scored 15 points with 2 3 pointers & damari milstead scored 15 points with 1 3 pointer as frank knight/jules milstead's moreau catholic mariners extincted 83-54 the american eagles to finish their regular season with a perfect 14-0 mval title & 21-5 overall campaign

salute#

Shocky1
Jeff82;842457706 said:

I'll be there Thursday (the baby can't stay up for an 8 p.m. tip), and then have me, the Mrs. and the one-year old (AKA The Squirrel) for Senior Day. We sit with my Dad in Section 8 upstairs.

glad to hear the squirrel is gonna be in the haas

one of the best things moms & dads can do is share their passions with their children to inspire them to relentlessly purse their dreams in life (pretty sure kidz who see their dads passively watching cal basketball on tv instead of actively experiencing life with all its highs & lows are gonna be raised to also become non engaged zombies)

good parenting involves getting off your azz#
Shocky1

fugly#
Shocky1

"i have the best relationship with cuonzo martin...him being so close, i can go up there whenever i want"
-ivan rabb re: coach martin

HoopDreams
David Kravish battled, scoring 23 pts on 9-14 shooting
Add 12 boards for a double-double and a block
He also shut down Nastic, holding him to 1-6 shooting

Cal uses Kravish out to 18 feet with pick and pops, and pick and rolls, but also teaches him an array of shots in the post, including fade ways and hooks

Shocky1
Shocky1;842445913 said:

after being burned back door late in the the arizona game, a completely pissed off jabari bird screamed at the skies..i turned to my daughter shay & told her that maybe our former mcdonald's all american is gonna start playing with a little more passion & intensity this season

tonite the bird was in a 100% attack mode with a team high 8 rebounds & focused d...during jb's career at cal he has usually pulled up short on loose balls to avoid violent collisions, that was not the case tonite...yeah, the 12 points & 2 assists were important but it was jabari's intense demeanor in boarding & physical style of play on d that suggest the bird is gonna start flying

strong offensive game for jb vs washington scoring 12 points on an efficient 6-10 fgs in the bears strongest offensive outburst since the syracuse victory with dicky v, jeff "3 chins" goodman & kanye jr (me) all sitting courtside at madison square garden

but bird got abused a couple of times defensively by the huskies & only managed 2 rebounds (in 23 minutes) both of which were offensive putbacks after his misses...jb also pulled up several times again on 50/50 loose balls to avoid violent collisions, look if you're worried about getting hurt, let's get a hockey mask for your face & then's let go kick some azz, ok?

the primary difference in terms of nba evaluations between jabari bird & aaron gordon is that gordon's got a non stop physical motor that relentlessly is running all the ******* time

a large asu donor/golf buddy told me that the sun devils scouting report says that you don't like contact & that if you are bumped early & often you will get frustrated & thrown off your game...jabari, is that **** true?

usc is a crooked shooting team (.413 fgs & .304 3 pointers) so there's gonna be a lot of long azz rebounds & 50/50 balls all game...to the trojans credit they are physical & manhandled your teammates (you dnp because of the injury) when they played candy azz soft last month at the galen center

jabari, can we count on both you & jordan mathews to fight/crash the boards for a dozen+ rebounds together from your wing positions?...zero defensive rebounds from you again will result in a bears defeat, count on it...can we count on you to consistently stay in a strong defensive position (not standing straight up) & play to your virtually unlimited potential?

when i attended a closed cal basketball practice before the season, i asked nicodemus who had really worked hard & improved their bodies during the offseason...yeah, he's real diplomatic and all but i finally got him to tell me that you might've made the biggest strides forward in muscle gain, etc...you are physically capable of 10+ board game vs usc, nobody outworked you last offseason

jabari, to your credit, you no longer whine about officials' calls like you did last season...solo & cobbs were not good role models for you in that sense...you are playing focused basketball, trying to make a difference with your head in the game, you are truly a great teammate

but you gotta bring it boarding & defensively thursday nite at haas pavilion for the bears to earn another hard fought victory

out

stanford update: there were 72 total rebounds in the game with the cards more physically attacking the glass for a +12 advantage

jabari, you got ZERO boards & were a step slow in closing out on stanford's 3 point shooters

are you gonna bring it vs oregon & oregon state?

let's do this#
HoopDreams
how did you like that put back dunk?
(and put back tip, that was wrongly called goaltending)

King is getting better every day
With an offseason to get stronger, the sky's the limit (and he can almost reach it today at 7-1)

SRBear
The official who called the interference had no business making that call...he wasn't in the proper position to see where the ball was in relation to the rim...but the Pac12 refs never fail at getting their tv time in....wish they were more invisible.
HoopDreams
they get paid by the whistle

SRBear;842458362 said:

The official who called the interference had no business making that call...he wasn't in the proper position to see where the ball was in relation to the rim...but the Pac12 refs never fail at getting their tv time in....wish they were more invisible.

Shocky1
flew into cabo san lucas sat nite, met my buddy tommy at the airport & we took a taxi downtown for a late nite dinner at gordos...gordos is a one room restaurant with maybe 12 chairs that serves the best shrimp & steak tacos on earth...the owner takes your order, cooks the food, delivers the meal to your table & then sings too...gotta love gordos

so we hit some range balls to loosen up this morning & hustle over to the 1st tee with our caddies at diamante's el cardonal, tiger woods' 1st golf course design which recently opened

but there are already two groups of fatboys standing by their golf carts (some of them smoking cigars) near the 1st tee, they are all wearing stanford gear, red shirts & hats...clearly they are a stanford group of some type

so the director of golf assesses the situation & walks over and tells the leader of the group, "my apologies mr winchester but we have 2 golf magazine raters who have both played the world's top 100 courses that are invited guests of mr jowdy (the developer of diamante) and it's very important that they both tee of first this morning in order to walk 36 holes today, please stand aside"

mr winchester is ******* pissed and barely nods his head ok...the other guys are grumbling & shuffle off the tee box

so tommy & i step onto the 1st tee as does mr winchester whose got his arms crossed, he's gonna see how good we are, there's gonna be wwiii if we slow down his two groups

we both blast tight draws down the middle of the fairway & hand our drivers to our caddies jesus & javier who are ready to roll

mr winchester has got smoke coming out of his ears & is looking at me with stink eyes

so i smile at mr stanford showing lots of crocodile teeth, lock eyes on him & tell him "go bears" with a wink as we head down the par 5 1st fairway, never looking back

shocky got un boca grande#
NVBear78
Shocky1;842458496 said:

flew into cabo san lucas sat nite, met my buddy tommy at the airport & we took a taxi downtown for a late nite dinner at gordos...gordos is a one room restaurant with maybe 12 chairs that serves the best shrimp & steak tacos on earth...the owner takes your order, cooks the food, delivers the meal to your table & then sings too...gotta love gordos

so we hit some range balls to loosen up this morning & hustle over to the 1st tee with our caddies at diamante's el cardonal, tiger woods' 1st golf course design which recently opened

but there are already two groups of fatboys standing by their golf carts (some of them smoking cigars) near the 1st tee, they are all wearing stanford gear, red shirts & hats...clearly they are a stanford group of some type

so the director of golf assesses the situation & walks over and tells the leader of the group, "my apologies mr winchester but we have 2 golf magazine raters who have both played the world's top 100 courses that are invited guests of mr jowdy (the developer of diamante) and it's very important that they both tee of first this morning in order to walk 36 holes today, please stand aside"

mr winchester is ******* pissed and barely nods his head ok...the other guys are grumbling & shuffle off the tee box

so tommy & i step onto the 1st tee as does mr winchester whose got his arms crossed, he's gonna see how good we are, there's gonna be wwiii if we slow down his two groups

we both blast tight draws down the middle of the fairway & hand our drivers to our caddies jesus & javier who are ready to roll

mr winchester has got smoke coming out of his ears & is looking at me with stink eyes

so i smile at mr stanford showing lots of crocodile teeth, lock eyes on him & tell him "go bears" with a wink as we head down the par 5 1st fairway, never looking back

shocky got un boca grande#

Ahahahahaha, awesome Shocky, great one. I hope you encountered them again after your round and rubbed it in further.
HoopDreams
Shocky1;842458496 said:

[SIZE=5]
awesome story Shockster![/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=4][COLOR="#000080"]Ivan Rabb[/COLOR] and Paris Austin SENIOR NIGHT[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]http://ballislife.com/mixtape-ivan-rabb-paris-austin-bishop-odowd-having-some-fun-on-senior-night/[/SIZE]

Shocky1

caleb swanigan scored 30 points on 9-27 fgs along with 12 boards as the homestead spartans were hunted 81-68 by the ft wayne snider panthers as big sauce was triple teamed by a 5 man rotation of fresh 6'6"+ defenders
Shocky1

http://www.csnbayarea.com/video_content_type/cals-coach-cuonzo-martin-definition-tough
HoopDreams

They gotta sell that shirt in the student store.
I'd buy 3
socaltownie
Shocky1;842458574 said:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/video_content_type/cals-coach-cuonzo-martin-definition-tough

Thank you so much for sharing this. I am crying at my computer right now. What a fantastic man to represent the university.
NVGolfingBear
Shocky1;842458574 said:

Thank You Shocky! That's a great video.
Shocky1
socaltownie;842458646 said:

Thank you so much for sharing this. I am crying at my computer right now. What a fantastic man to represent the university.

no est una problema
KoreAmBear
Shocky1 can we start a monster class part II thread? It's OK on computer, but on smartphone it takes ages to load this thread up. I don't want to miss any of your latest and greatest in your quest to give high school kids a chance at a 50 year decision.
south bender
Shocky1;842458574 said:

I just watched the video. Wow.

Thanks for posting it, Shocky.
89Bear
Shocky1;842458574 said:

Man!!!!!! What a story! We have a great man!
Shocky1

played today at diamante dunes, ranked #52 in the 2013 world rankings by golf magazine, in order to check out the new risk/reward par 5 12th & drivable short par 4 13th holes pictured below...both holes are world class & literally built on the beach with full exposure to the pacific winds, they are outstanding additions to the cypress point of mexico

i teed it up with architect paul cowley, mark love (brother of david, america's next ryder cup captain) & tommy...it is always fascinating to me to listen to golf course architects explain their strategies & artistic process while playing those holes

in life we can either think we know it all or passively speculate about what's going in our passions...i prefer to reach out to modern day golf course architects & have slowly built up friendships with bill coore & tom doak who are the claude monet & auguste renoir of this lifetime

are you pursuing your dreams today?

do you got your tixs, are you gonna be at the criminal led dana altman oregon and/or senior day/ivan rabb official visit oregon state games?

let's do this

together we attack#
Jeff82
Shocky1;842458876 said:

played today at diamante dunes, ranked #52 in the 2013 world rankings by golf magazine, in order to check out the new risk/reward par 5 12th & drivable short par 4 13th holes pictured below...both holes are world class & literally built on the beach with full exposure to the pacific winds, they are outstanding additions to the cypress point of mexico

i teed it up with architect paul cowley, mark love (brother of david, america's next ryder cup captain) & tommy...it is always fascinating to me to listen to golf course architects explain their strategies & artistic process while playing those holes

in life we can either think we know it all or passively speculate about what's going in our passions...i prefer to reach out to modern day golf course architects & have slowly built up friendships with bill coore & tom doak who are the claude monet & auguste renoir of this lifetime

are you pursuing your dreams today?

do you got your tixs, are you gonna be at the criminal led dana altman and/or senior day/ivan rabb official visit oregon state games?

let's do this

together we attack#

Shocky, what do you think of Forrest Richardson as a designer? I'm curious as to your opinion, since you see a lot of different golf courses. Forrest designed the renovation for Olivas Park in Ventura, and is the designer for the renovation of my home course, Palo Alto Muni, assuming the State will ever give us the damn permits. I know Forrest also has done a number of courses where you are in Phoenix-Scottsdale, which is his base of operations.
Shocky1
Jeff82;842458898 said:

Shocky, what do you think of Forrest Richardson as a designer? I'm curious as to your opinion, since you see a lot of different golf courses. Forrest designed the renovation for Olivas Park in Ventura, and is the designer for the renovation of my home course, Palo Alto Muni, assuming the State will ever give us the damn permits. I know Forrest also has done a number of courses where you are in Phoenix-Scottsdale, which is his base of operations.

forrest richardson is a very creative architect that can build absolutely fun & greens with wild contours (both putting & beautiful women are best appreciated with wild contours)...i played golf with forrest at papago municipal course in phx during which he shared with me his design strategies & preference for rewarding (not punishing) the golfer along with his quick wit...peacock gap in san rafael is a fun 3+ hour walking round for me when visiting home for cal games, check out the crazy greensite pictured below
Jeff82
Shocky1;842458906 said:

forrest richardson is a very creative architect that can build absolutely fun & greens with wild contours (both putting & beautiful women are best appreciated with wild contours)...i played golf with forrest at papago municipal course in phx during which he shared with me his design strategies & preference for rewarding (not punishing) the golfer along with his quick wit...peacock gap in san rafael is a fun 3+ hour walking round for me when visiting home for cal games, check out the crazy greensite pictured below

Yeah, after playing Mira Vista with some Cal friends, I was very careful in checking his green drawings to make sure he didn't get too out of control on the greens. Too much contour on the greens for a muni course can create problems with maintenance and with pace of play. I think what he's come up with for us is challenging without being over the top. That's assuming the project ever gets built. He's a nice guy as well. I've never played Peacock Gap. Have to get there one of these days if I have the chance.
Shocky1
89Bear;842458845 said:

Man!!!!!! What a story! We have a great man!

89, thx you for the kind words but let's not get carried away, i've got lots of flaws, ok?...don't be a dumb azz

HoopDreams
[SIZE=3][COLOR="#000080"]Ivan Rabb[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Better than Perfect[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]http://ballislife.com/crazy-west-coast-game-to-start-the-basketball-season/[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842391596 said:

consensus 5 star 2016 top 10 6'2" 165 guard from findlay prep (henderson, nevada) derryck thornton has cut his list to 10 colleges: cal, kentucky, unlv, arizona, duke, michigan, louisville, usc, miami, north carolina

"california, i have a great relationship with coach yanni hufnagel and coach cuonzo martin...it's real close to home, it's a great education and it's a great school"
-derryck thornton

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) ranked university in the world

derryck & his dad intend to visit cal along with miami after this season...they will also visit louisville in march & recently checked out duke

with only 1 remaining class at findlay prep, thornton could still reclassify from 2016 to 2015 this summer
Shocky1
who's the dude wearing the suit & holding a clipboard on the cal bench?

that would be tarrance crump jr, the assistant director of basketball operations...crump was also on coach martin's staff at tennessee where he assisted with academics, opponent scouting & filmwork, and recruiting communications

tarrance is married to the former tave' johnson...i sat behind the cal bench with his mother in law debbie (she lives in denver) and her mom at the colorado game...she told me that the couple lives in emeryville, that they love the bay area & that tarrance's goal is to pursue a coaching career

and yeah, tarrance made an ice in his veins game winning dagger to the heart moneyball when he played at purdue

cal family#
lomei
KoreAmBear;842458821 said:

Shocky1 can we start a monster class part II thread? It's OK on computer, but on smartphone it takes ages to load this thread up. I don't want to miss any of your latest and greatest in your quest to give high school kids a chance at a 50 year decision.

I don't think your smartphone browser loads all of the pages in the entire thread. It just loads the single page, with links to the other pages in the thread. Therefore, even if he started a Monster Class Part II thread, I'm not sure it would make a significant impact on your load times.

The slow load times are likely the result of Shocky's many pics of golf courses and ladies.

Feel free to cut down on the golf course pics, but please keep posting the good stuff.
NVGolfingBear
lomei;842459046 said:

I don't think your smartphone browser loads all of the pages in the entire thread. It just loads the single page, with links to the other pages in the thread. Therefore, even if he started a Monster Class Part II thread, I'm not sure it would make a significant impact on your load times.

The slow load times are likely the result of Shocky's many pics of golf courses and ladies.

Feel free to cut down on the golf course pics, but please keep posting the good stuff.

Hey wait a minute! The golf course pictures are beautiful also!

keep em coming Shocky...
Shocky1
NVGolfingBear;842459074 said:

Hey wait a minute! The golf course pictures are beautiful also!

keep em coming Shocky...

how am i gonna get from cabo san lucas to berkeley in time for tomorrow nite's game?...is that a speedboat left of the 6th green at quivara?

i will ******* swim from baja california to the port of oakland harbor & then hitchhike to the game if necessary...failure is not an option...haas pavilion is my palace

dana altman is a criminal#
Shocky1

big sauce is gonna be joining his close friend young ivee in berkeley, california on an official visit to the #1 public university in the world

do you got tixs, are you gonna be at haas pavilion this sunday at noon for the senior day/filipino heritage day/diamonds are forever shining epic once in a lifetime event for true bears fans to potentially impact thru their attendance & energy the future of the cal basketball program?

the dream is alive

get off your azz, history in the making#
Shocky1
nurse wicked has cleared the fast & furious for tomorrow nite's battle with criminal dana altman's oregon ducks
First Page Last Page
Page 153 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.