cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,267,115 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
south bender;842512501 said:

An irrelevant reply.

what you talkin' about, you really think it's irrelevant the staff's #1 targeted prospect regardless of class?

trust me, if we can get kim k on an unofficial visit, pretty sure we're gonna close the deal

OdontoBear66
Shocky1;842512727 said:

what you talkin' about, you really think it's irrelevant the staff's #1 targeted prospect regardless of class?

trust me, if we can get kim k on an unofficial visit, pretty sure we're gonna close the deal

Shocky you are losing fans pushing Kim "the rag"
Shocky1
Shocky1;842511374 said:

welcome roman davis, a 6'7" 200 lbs developing student athlete from the academically rigorous winward school in los angeles

roman visited cal this weekend, worked out in front of the staff and was offered a scholarship this morning which he immediately accepted citing that the #1 public university in the world is "a dream school for me"

davis was originally recruited by the prior staff & visited berkeley 2 years ago with his family which left a very favorable impression

coach hufnagel has relentlessly built a relationship with norman thru the past 4 years during his stints at harvard & vanderbilt...and yeah roman's a true student athlete with a 3.5 gpa with interests in math & science

davis has got some stephen domingo to his game with the ability to guard 1 thru 5s on the floor & will start his career with the bears as a high energy athletic defensive stopper...he can shoot with both hands & is borderline ambidextrous...working with coach nicodemus in the s&c program will be a priority along with improving his shooting skills
[video=youtube;K7BwOAOfmLQ][/video]

roman will complete the cal application & administrative paperwork this week & will return to berkeley sunday night or monday morning at the latest to start his california golden bear experience with his new teammates

welcome roman, your family (including relatives in the bay area) will always have a home at haas pavilion

cal family#

"i want to welcome roman to the family...his athleticism and toughness will allow him to do a lot of things in our program...defensively i think he has the capability to guard all five positions...he comes from one of the finest academic high schools in california...we are excited he choose to be a golden bear"
-coach martin
Shocky1
Shocky1;842512474 said:

the 2015/2016 golden bears basketball team has the potential to be the greatest football/basketball (with all due respect to the old timers that experienced pete newell's national championship season) cal team of our lifetimes

cal's diamonds are forever class (2015) is gonna create off the charts excitement at haas pavilion starting friday nite november 13th, an evening for the ages

are you gonna get season tix(s) at our palace haas pavilion for this potentially epic season?

2014/2015 pac 12 average game attendance was as follows:
1) arizona-14,591
2) utah-12,101
3) colorado-9,135
4) california-8,099 (54th in nation)
5) ucla-7,711
6) washington-6,398
7) oregon-6,209
8) arizona state-5,985
9) oregon state-5,612
10) stanford-4,439
11) southern california-3,552
12) washington state-3,190
http://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/images/2015/07/06/mens-attendence.pdf

what needs to happen at haas pavilion this season in order for the team to maximize their almost unlimited potential?

the cal basketball team needs your passionate energy & full support in buying season tix(s) to push this season's average gameday attendance at haas pavilion over 10,000 in order to create the necessary hostile home court advantage for them california golden bears...being a passive tv fan does absolutely nothing for the team

right now the bears already got very strong renewal numbers & 1,000+ deposits for additional new season tix(s) seats

you can call 1-800 gobears this week to make a deposit on season tix(s) which will give you seating preference for seat selections when the current $10,000,000+ renovations (thanks to the haas/goldman family) at haas pavilion are hopefully completed this august...there are a variety of season tix packages to fit every budget & busy schedule

experience the magic of cal basketball with your family & friends in person, feel the enthusiasm & become part of the roar at haas
[video=youtube;N7QqouIxulM][/video]

let's do this

this is cal basketball, are you gonna be part of it?

together we attack#

revised with correct 2014/2015 ncca collegiate basketball attendance numbers

with already strong renewal retention numbers & 1,000+ deposits on new seat purchases, there's no reason we can't average 10,000-11,000 fans per game at haas pavilion during the upcoming epic season of california golden bears basketball

are you gonna call 1-800 gobears this week to check out your options & truly become a part of the magic of cal basketball?

the time is now#
Shocky1

jonah, it's true, nobody gives a **** about usc basketball

3,552 reported attendance per game last year...and that includes my pal pat haden, the obnoxious clown dj & all the security at the galen center

fight on#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842501261 said:

jordan is reworking his 3 point shot this summer in the eybl aau circuit with the oakland soldiers from a two motion shot to more of a quicker release one motion shot (like steph curry)

with only 1 scholly available right now (t-wall is the only senior on the bears roster) for the oscar frayer led cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016), this recruiting class will be very fluid in terms of size & prospective targets depending upon potential season end nba declarations...this class could range from 1 to 5 recruits

but the cal staff has confirmed they are targeting a point guard for the 2016 class & jordan ford is rising to the top of the big board as he continues to build strong relationships with the coaches...jordan is the consummate blue collar fiery competitor, a terrific student athlete (strong gpa) with academic ambition & has talked with oscar about potentially joining him in berkeley

ford, a former tournament chess champion, is from an athletic family as his dad cuezar played baseball at the university of california, santa barbara & mom ann was also an athlete...these days they jet ski with the best of them

"for everyone who took today off...thanks"
-jordan ford

salute#

"alot of people dont understand having the right nutrition is a part of training, probably the toughest thing to train...i need to be 170 by the start of the season fr"

"when i was 8 i played aau basketball for the first time and i sat the bench..alot and i hated it and after every game/practice me and my dad went out to train and work on my game..until it became an every day thing...my dad would tell me that someday i would be the best player in sacramento and i would pass a lot of people with hard work and dedication if i really wanted it that bad...we worked out in the summer for 2 and a half years when i was 8...and eventually started passing up people as the years progressed, and now i'm 17 but moral of the story is i learned to hate the bench and i hated being mediocre so i gave up chess and dedicated my life to basketball to be better than everyone i sat behind...the end"
-jordan ford

gym rat#

jordan is leading the oakland soldiers in scoring this summer with a 12.6 ppg despite playing only 22.8 mpg on the balanced aau squad of elite nor cal & so cal talent

his assists are double his turnovers & he's sharpshooting 3 pointers at 40.7% & free throws at 78.4%

http://www.d1circuit.com/stats/team_instance/1165188?subseason=209505&tab=team_instance_player_stats&tool=1331778
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Welcome Roman![/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=5]The King and Sir Richard probably gave him good references...[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Big C
south bender;842512484 said:

V

Shocky, I am not questioning your message here and elsewhere, exhorting fans to more attendance. However, since you have indicated many times you are also addressing recruits, I don't understand why you write down to your readers, with your "gonnas" and "them Bears," for a couple of examples. Certainly any potential Bear knows better than to write as you do.

You don't think it's appropriate to write in a conversational style sometimes in a venue like this? I disagree.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842505073 said:

cuonzo martin has offered vance jackson, a highly skilled 2016 top 50 6'8" 215 lbs nightmare matchup sharpshooting wing from st john bosco (bryce treggs hs) in bellflower...vj is a key targeted priority prospect for the california golden bears basketball program, he is truly an impact player

jackson is currently the 23rd highest scoring player in the nation in aau ball this summer with a 18.7 ppg average for dream vision on the adidas gauntlet circuit ...his dad vance sr has indicated that the family has a preference for their son staying on the west coast, like so many of the current 2016 & 2017 recruiting battles for the bears, this is likely gonna be a cal, arizona (miller prioritizing other recruits over jackson right now) & ucla (could be done for 2016 class) decision...coach martin has invested the time & built strong relationships with both vance & vance sr with dad making public statements re: his respect for coach as both a mentor and more importantly, as a good person

key factors in jackson's recruitment will be his academic track record & ambition (he recently took the sat) along with a team's style of play & relationships with the coaching staff...the cal staff is working to coordinate an unofficial visit for the jackson family to visit berkeley this summer

"people come and go, you just have to make sure the right one stays.."
-vance jackson

vance would be an ideal cal fit to join ringleader oscar frayer (also recently took the sat) as part of cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including southern california)

vance jackson is an important targeted prospect to potentially join current commits oscar frayer & tyson jolly and point guard jordan ford in the bears 2016 recruiting class...jackson's ability to be multiple is very adaptive to cal's positionless schemes

"i used to play the 1 and now i play the 2 or 3 so i'm just used to it and i think i can guard those positions at the next level...i'm not there but i'm working on it"

"whatever school i feel i can impact in a positive way to help win a championship...i want to play as a freshman...i know it's not given so i have to work for it...also, like if i get injured, i have to be somewhere that feels like home to me"
-vance jackson

"i signed him up for yoga classes this summer...first he needs to lose 10 pounds and then gain it back as muscle...more so for getting ready for contact and to be more explosive"
-vance jackson sr

dad of the year#
Shocky1
no worries with jb, he's just adjusting to living away from home for the 1st time & cal's summer bridge while getting ready with his teammates for the upcoming austalia trip down under & the potentially epic season at haas pavilion

are you gonna get season tix(s) & watch this **** live at the palace?

Shocky1
the cal staff has had difficulty in catching up with dennis lately & unreliable arizona homer jeff goodman (sean miller's chocolate glazed maple bars with fuschia sprinkles heart attack grenade chowing down buddy in tucson) is reporting that smith's leading 5 list is duke, north carolina, north carolina state, wake forrest & louisville...looking like the top ranked point guard in the 2016 class intends to stay home for college

jordan ford for 2016 california governor
(political disclosure statement: supported by the california golden bears fans pac for true student athletes)

salute#
Shocky1
the bears #1 4/5 target on the 2016 big board is jayce johnson, a 6'11 225 lbs top 70 player in the 2016 class...jj played played last season for phil hecht's santa monica vikings along with teammates jonah mathews after transferring from findlay prep...johnson had previously attended j serra & mater dei, yeah his high school career has kinda been a rollercoaster

johnson works hard on defense with a strong motor & can finish with either hand, he's borderline ambidextrous...he is continuing to grow & is expected to be 7'+

jayce is a outstanding student with a 4.0 gpa, dude is not a dumb azz...his dad jay grew up in nor cal & graduated from st marys (jay's sister graduated from cal)...the family visited cal last summer & intends to do so again this summer...he's currently playing aau ball for the earl watson elite

coach martin ate dinner with jayce & his dad in late april in so cal...one of the topics discussed is cal's unique staff with guys like coach wyking jones who can actually get on the floor & pound inside with his players

jayce has noted that the schools recruiting him the hardest are cal, utah & oregon with asu, gonzaga & north carolina state among others also offering...but let's be real here, johnson got a 4.0 gpa, he's not gonna go to some academically mediocre school

"on the defensive end i'm a good rebounder and i block a lot of shots...on the offensive end i actually widened out my game...i'm shooting 15 footers now and i'm more of a back to the basket player where i can get the ball and get into my moves so i can finish around the basket with both hands"

"people have been telling me i've trimmed out and lost a little bit of the baby fat...people are saying i'm progressing and i can feel myself getting better, jumping higher and running quicker"
-jayce johnson
Shocky1
Shocky1;842504273 said:

visited this morning the recently opened nicklaus design group ferry point golf course just outside of nyc with panoramic views of the manhattan skyline

arrive from my hotel by cab at the clubhouse around 7:30 am to stretch & warm up at the practice facility

upon arrival the head golf professional tells me that ferry point's developer donald trump heard that as a golf digest & golf magazine rankings panelist that i had an 8:10 tee time and would i like to play with the donald at 8:20 am instead?

so i say sure, no big deal, let's do this

so we make the introductions on the practice green & the 1st thing i notice is that trump has the weirdest color hair ever (kinda yellow orange) & that he has total man boobs along with an oversized obnoxious red cap

i walk & carry my lightweight leather mackzenie bag while the donald drives a golf cart literally to within 6 inches of every green...just as annoyingly, we then proceed to play thru every group on the golf course in front of us (why does he do this, why not just take the 1st tee time?)...it's funny to watch people's reactions as he dictates the playing thru, some golfers are understandably agitated while others want a selfie with him on their phones, he very clearly enjoys all the drama he's created

so he tells while we wait for the short par 4 8th green to clear that he thinks ferry point is one of the greatest golf courses in the united states (it isn't, there are at least a dozen courses on long island & the hamptons that are significantly better) & that he's qualified to make that statement because of his extensive travels around the globe playing golf, that nobody knows golf architecture better than him & that includes actual golf architects

so in front of his 2 buddies & his cart caddie i tell the donald that actually i'm one of the 13 guys (and the youngest) to have played the world top 100 courses & stare him down...total silence, one of his buddies who is the chairman of macys starts to laugh, & donald play punches my shoulder kinda hard, he's been pawned...whatever

dude is an interesting guy but playing golf with him is not really a celebration of the game but more like riding a roller coaster

you're fired, shocky#

"they're bringing drugs...they're bringing crime...they're rapists and some i assume are good people"
-donald trump's disparaging comments re: mexicans

to be honest with you when i 1st read these comments i thought trump was talking about criminal dana altman & the oregon basketball program

the fallout from these racist comments is that numerous major corporations including nbc, univision & macys (which is kinda funny because the chairman played golf with us at ferry point) have cut ties with him

you're fired, donald#

SFBearz
Shocky1;842513100 said:

the bears #1 4/5 target on the 2016 big board is jayce johnson, a 6'11 225 lbs top 70 player in the 2016 class...jj played played last season for phil hecht's santa monica vikings along with teammates jonah mathews after transferring from findlay prep...johnson had previously attended j serra & mater dei, yeah his high school career has kinda been a rollercoaster

johnson works hard on defense with a strong motor & can finish with either hand, he's borderline ambidextrous...he is continuing to grow & is expected to be 7'+

jayce is a outstanding student with a 4.0 gpa, dude is not a dumb azz...his dad jay grew up in nor cal & graduated from st marys (jay's sister graduated from cal)...the family visited cal last summer & intends to do so again this summer...he's currently playing aau ball for the earl watson elite

coach martin ate dinner with jayce & his dad in late april in so cal...one of the topics discussed is cal's unique staff with guys like coach wyking jones who can actually get on the floor & pound inside with his players

jayce has noted that the schools recruiting him the hardest are cal, utah & oregon with asu, gonzaga & north carolina state among others also offering...but let's be real here, johnson got a 4.0 gpa, he's not gonna go to some academically mediocre school

"on the defensive end i'm a good rebounder and i block a lot of shots...on the offensive end i actually widened out my game...i'm shooting 15 footers now and i'm more of a back to the basket player where i can get the ball and get into my moves so i can finish around the basket with both hands"

"people have been telling me i've trimmed out and lost a little bit of the baby fat...people are saying i'm progressing and i can feel myself getting better, jumping higher and running quicker"
-jayce johnson

Jayce Johnson is a really good prospect and extremely important recruit. After losing Anigbogu to Ucla and Collins to Gonzaga, Johnson is pivotal for the 2016 class.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]posted Tuesday July 7, 2015 by [COLOR="#0000CD"]Tyson Jolly[/COLOR][/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]ESPN: [COLOR="#0000CD"]Tyrone Wallace[/COLOR], California Golden Bears 6-foot-6, 198 pounds

Wallace is a big, rangy ball guard who plays at his own pace. He does not get sped up against pressure and plays with his head up. He can shoot the ball easily to the 3-point line, has a middle game, can knock down runners with both hands and is an excellent passer. He gets in the lane off the bounce or off ball screens and makes good decisions. He is an excellent rebounder from the guard position and is not afraid to engage. His 6-foot-9.5 wingspan and good footwork make him an excellent on and off ball defender.
[/SIZE]

Shocky1
the staff is continuing to evaluate & build relationships with tim harrison, an explosive (34' vertical jump) 6'7" 180 lbs 2016 combo athlete from the academically rigorous francis parker high school in san diego

harrison is an active defender with a solid mid range game that is playing his summer aau ball for gamepoint (has conversed with kameron rooks re: the cal program)...tim is an excellent student (also interested in harvard & stanford) that has already unofficially visited berkeley with his parents myrna & joseph...harrison has indicated he would like to officially visit cal in the future, he's a deeply religious young man that has made a deeper connection with coach martin

harrison is a humble & highly coachable prospect with a high ceiling if he can play with greater toughness & physicality

"great education and a program (cal) that i could fit in well and be very involved"
-tim harrison

check out the hops in the foto below, apparently the sky is the limit for the still developing mr harrison

Bearprof
Shocky or any connected person,
Any chance they will bring back the 1 hr call in radio program after Cal games? They killed it a couple of years ago, but with the renaissance of the team I wonder whether they can reinstate it. I often enjoyed it, especially after a good win.
BeachedBear
Bearprof;842513168 said:

Shocky or any connected person,
Any chance they will bring back the 1 hr call in radio program after Cal games? They killed it a couple of years ago, but with the renaissance of the team I wonder whether they can reinstate it. I often enjoyed it, especially after a good win.

Radio !??! Is that still a thing?

Seriously - I enjoyed the post game shows and call-in as I made my way home in the car. Similarly for pre-game. I'd also like a consistent station as well. Last couple of years seemed to be confusing as to which station had which broadcast. And let's be honest, most people are not going to check the individual game broadcast schedule before hopping in the car.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842509887 said:

the cal staff is actively targeting arguably the nation's fastest rising player, javin montgomery delaurier, a 6'9" 205 lbs +1 athletic 4 from st anne's belfield school in charlottesville, virginia...javin is currently ranked as the #36th player in the 2016 class

delaurier currently has offers from north carolina, texas, baylor, virginia tech, xavier, cincinnati, wake forest, boston college, miami, clemson, vanderbilt, marquette, notre dame, georgetown and the ivy league schools including princeton & harvard

yeah, the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world has also offered javier...delaurier is not a dumb azz, he's got a 3.5+ gpa...basketball is not gonna define javin

random stranger: do u play basketball?
me: (sigh)yes...yes i do
#beingtallandblack#everyday conversation
-javin delaurier

javin, do you wanna pursue both your academic & athletic dreams at the #1 public university in the world that is located in the diverse & cosmopolitan san francisco bay area with year round california weather in a family team atmosphere?

50 year decision#

javin actually lives 45 minutes south of charlottesville in nelson county's shipman, virginia

2010 census for shipman=507 (which includes the delaurier family & a couple of cranky old people)

"our whole county has one stoplight...people ride to the grocery store on their lawn mower"
-javin montgomery delaurier

"it's crazy how racism is still so prevalent in our society, and we try to brush it aside because we don't think it's an issue anymore"
-javin delaurier

javin, wouldn't it make sense to take an official visit to cal with your family to the truly diverse & beautiful san francisco bay area, a melting pot of cultures?...and yeah, the california weather is gonna be in the high 60s all this week

the time is now#
Shocky1
"it's an amazing school (oregon), it's a great place to live, the coach is a great guy and they play team ball"
-trevor stanback (2016 recruit)

trevor, are you serious or what?...are you gonna do your homework on your collegiate options?
http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?62260-cal-s-monster-class/page474

don't be a dumb azz#
HoopDreams
[video=youtube;YxifBKwBupU][/video]
south bender
Thanks, HD. I really enjoyed hearing Ivan. Really a likeable young man.
Shocky1
[video=youtube;eU5PVFjsQG8][/video]
Shocky1

"he (dad steve) makes these weird sounds during yoga...with your breathing they tell you to let it out and he really takes that to heart...my mom and i won't even sit by him in class"
-maddy kerr

it should be noted that arizona standouts steve kerr (lives in berkeley) & sean rooks have opted to send their children to berkeley, not tucson, to be become educated

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=210167589

cal family#
Shocky1
as you travel to your aau games this weekend, maybe you should do the following quick summertime homework assignment & check out the worldwide academic reputations of your potential collegiate options?

let's be real here, if the nba doesn't mint you, then you're gonna have to utilize your educational opportunities to achieve your dreams & build a better life for you & your family particularly moms...even if the nba does mint you, you gotta have financial skills & a strong education to make sure you prosper for the years ahead in terms of sound investment strategies & raising intellectually curious children...trust me, the girl of your dreams doesn't wanna date/marry a dumb azz

so check out the link below for the schools on your list, ok?

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings?int=9cf408

even your guy huf has a career backup plan, he's the lead singer for future islands

successful student athletes got academic ambition, dumb azz ballers limit themselves & just blindly hope they never get injured

don't be a dumb azz#
50 year decision#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (and #3 ranked overall) university in the world
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]here are the top 3 former Cal players (active) in the NFL
other colleges: beat that.[/SIZE]

Shocky1

i'm contemplating joining seasoned broadcasters todd mckim & jay john on cal radio broadcasts next season since i go to all the games anyways

todd: tyler dorsey misses his 8th 3 pointer of the night off the front rim, rabb clears the boards to t-wall with a quick pass down the sideline to bird...jabari dribbles to the top of the key, bounce pass to jordan on the wing...he's got a back door pass to a cutting jaylen, slam dunk bears!

jay: that 6 assists for mathews and 23 points for brown as the undefeated bears go up on the ducks by 29 points

todd: time out for oregon, altman is using his final time out and he's clearly not happy screaming at his players, the haas pavilion crowd is on their feet again yelling for the walk ons with 5 minutes and 38 seconds left in the game, the energy tonight is electric!

jay: cal is clearly outplaying oregon but the 3 arrests earlier this week of ducks players isn't helping them at all, this will likely be oregon's 5th straight conference loss

shocky: dana altman is a criminal

todd: ok, we'll take a commercial break during the time out

it could happen#
Shocky1
today the cal basketball staff (along with kentucky) offered freak 6'5" 170 lbs 2016 point guard (can also play off the ball) markelle fultz from hyattsville, maryland & famed dematha catholic high school

to say markelle is a late developing prospect would be the understatement of the century, fultz didn't even make the varsity as a sophomore but rather played jv ball that season

fultz has got offers also from maryland, louisville & arizona...he is quick & explosive while playing with a graceful ease...markelle's rapid ascent can be attributed to recent growth, his non stop work with his longtime trainer keith williams & his passion for the game

dude is not lacking confidence

"i think i can be one of the best ones to ever play the game"
-markelle fultz

Shocky1
check out moraga bear's amazing video at marshawn's family first community barbecue next to oakland tech of the longest kick in the history of kickball (if you don't watch this video at least twice, you are probably legally dead)
[video=youtube;PxqOwch3hS8][/video]

giving back (and kicking the **** out of the ball)#
going4roses
yes indeed he has some leg lol awesome clip
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Coach got game[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;LpOo_lBbJAg][/video]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842511774 said:

the cal staff has offered trevon duval, a 6'3" 170 lbs point guard & top 10 player in the 2017 class

trevon attended st benedict's prep in new jersey last year but is considering transferring to a new high school including those in california for his junior year of school

duval is a relentless attacked with length & a willing facilitator/distributor...he's got offers from all the basketball factories & also the #1 ranked public university in the world in beautiful california

cal's touch the sky class (2017)#

cal's touch the sky class (2017) will be critical to continuing the current upward trajectory of the basketball program & is anticipated to be the largest # of signees since cal's monster class (2013)
Shocky1
andre rafus, a 2017 prospect nightmare match up challenge for opponents at 6'7" 180 lbs had games of 30 & 26 points yesterday at the adidas gauntlet uprising in atlanta with huf scouting the action for the cal offeree

ande's got a lot on his mind these days after the shooting deaths of 3 of his friends in the city of baltimore during the last 4 years...there are challenges in life that are bigger than basketball but true student athletes can use basketball to achieve their goals & dreams in life

http://zagsblog.com/articles/andre-rafus-talks-recruiting-transfer-to-st-benedicts-prep-because-of-violence-in-baltimore/#more-137054
First Page Last Page
Page 206 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.