cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,270,342 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OdontoBear66;842519366 said:

As much as we would love to build up a potential recruit, how can anyone suggest with a serious face that a freshmen in HS would be better than a freshman in college who was OAD, and went to the league, one year out of Mater Dei HS. Given to exaggeration even if Magic, Kobe, or King James quality. C'mon now. Good yes, but.......

[video=youtube;o24U2xh85vs][/video]
Shocky1

yeah, the best beach down under for meeting curvy athletic brunettes with dedicated yoga practices is at sydney's bondi beach

let's do this this

Shocky1
el cerrito gaucho & oakland soldier carlos johnson will be attending findlay prep in las vegas this upcoming school year
tim94501
HoopDreams;842519394 said:

[SIZE=5]congrates to former Cal Bear and Pac 12 MVP [COLOR="#0000CD"]Allen Crabbe[/COLOR]
Portland Trailblazers guaranteed his contract for the upcoming season[/SIZE]

He's going to have a great opportunity to get some big minutes on a bad team.
Shocky1
2016 point guard jaquori mclaughlin's final 5 per josh gershon does not include cal just a bunch of mostly academically mediocre schools: oregon state, utah, wisconsin, gonzaga & washington

in jordan & charlie we trust#
sluggo_Cal
OdontoBear66;842519366 said:

As much as we would love to build up a potential recruit, how can anyone suggest with a serious face that a freshmen in HS would be better than a freshman in college who was OAD, and went to the league, one year out of Mater Dei HS. Given to exaggeration even if Magic, Kobe, or King James quality. C'mon now. Good yes, but.......

I saw LeBron in person at 15 and he was way better than Stanley Johnson is right now. Not potentially better, just flat out better. I am not sure if Bagley is that good, I have never seen him in a game, but his highlights make him look like a once or twice in a decade type player. So I say with a straight face that it is very possible.

Sluggo
Shocky1

"the space between the bars keeps a tiger in its cage"
-jaylen brown, noted philosopher
petalumabear
Shocky1;842519508 said:

"the space between the bars keeps a tiger in its cage"

Jaylen is free to continue with his very philosophical sayings as far as I'm concerned for as long as he wants....
As long as he brings the Eye of the Tiger every night.

Go Bears!
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]this dude's game would never translate to the NBA...[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;EgENwP5zSbo][/video]
Shocky1

ok, so maybe this wasn't one of the cal's monster class thread's shining moments in naming/branding the 2014 class of brandon "the sniper" chauca, sir kingsley okoroh & dwight "forever moms" dwight tarwater:headbang

but that's life, we make mistakes & **** like that, learn from them & then relentlessly move forward never looking back over our azz

sorry

https://instagr.am/p/5zfvZAuV-P

shut up, shocky#
dal9
^is that Tarwater dribbling at the top of the key? #onemoreyear
Shocky1
"if it doesn't challenge you it won't change you"

Shocky1
Shocky1;842511490 said:

tyson did not make it to cal's summer bridge due to academic admission issues related to his gpa and test scores & will be attending a prep school next season

while this is frustrating for jolly, there will be more available playing time minutes in 2016 while he works in the classroom to improve his study habits & skills

tyson is still a commit to the bears & will join oscar frayer as part of cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

"ive made mistakes tried to take the easy way out!...no more!...im all in for this#beastmode"
-tyson jolly

why is tyson gonna put in all this hard work studying?

"i just wanna hand my moma a mill and say do with it as you please"
-tyson jolly

love this guy

tyson is attending elev8 prep academy in del rey beach, florida...tyson needs to raise his gpa and/or act score this upcoming year...jolly stared down pulmonary embolism & kicked its azz, this dude is not afraid of life's challenges, he's gonna persevere & stay the course in the pursuit of his dreams

"building character, leadership and service through education driven with purpose and passion"
-elev8 mission statement (which echoes the values of the cal basketball program)

"dreams don't work unless you do"
-tyson jolly

cal family#
Shocky1
"in the last 6 weeks i've written over 50 pages of writing not including drafts and outlines"
-jaylen brown

jaylen, did you know that j cole graduated from st johns university with a 3.8 gpa?

yeah, unlike meek mill he's mentally limitless...no wonder drake is laughing

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1

yeah, rhianna & the shockster both love fuschia

HoopDreams
[video=youtube;RBgboWgsQ1E][/video]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842519098 said:

the shockster's view of yoga

the coaches view of yoga

not exactly#

tracy, you look like you're surfing more than a dedicated yoga master

Shocky1
Shocky1;842516348 said:

art history 269: advanced study of the curvy yoga brunette in modern works

my favorite class at cal#

"i can't wait for summer bridge to be over so i can just lock myself in the gym and grind!"
-ivan rabb

young ivee, summer bridge at the #1 public university in the world ends this friday august 7th

finish strong

let's do this
UrsaMajor
Unfair, Shockster. OSU, UU, and Gonzage are meh, but Wisconsin and UDub are top tier public schools (well, after Walker gets through, Wisky will be down with ASU, but that's a different topic).
Shocky1
UrsaMajor;842519934 said:

Unfair, Shockster. OSU, UU, and Gonzage are meh, but Wisconsin and UDub are top tier public schools (well, after Walker gets through, Wisky will be down with ASU, but that's a different topic).

agreed, life is not fair

but those with cal, stanford & ivy league degrees are at a significant advantage in pursuing & achieving their dreams in today's fiercely competitive global marketplace that favors the well educated
Shocky1
dal9;842519593 said:

^is that Tarwater dribbling at the top of the key? #onemoreyear

Shocky1;842452954 said:

gotta love the hearts of the young boy in the blue cal shirt in the center front row & the little girl in the white shirt in the 4th row from the top center advance signaling the game winning rainbow of dreams shot...they knew dwight was not alone when he released that arc de triomphe shot into the haas airspace, that mary was right behind his shoulders guiding him (as always)

http://pac-12.com/videos/recap-cal-mens-basketball-stuns-ucla-late-3-pointer

moment of love#
let it fly#

dwight, your graduating from an ivy league school with a 3.0 gpa & becoming a starter for this season's california golden bears says a lot about your many talents as a true renaissance man, my respect for you extends far beyond basketball

and yeah, both mary & dwight sr are pretty proud of you too

"my most memorable moment at cal was being a part of the three game winning shots in a row this year...i have never experienced such a huge rush like that in my life...it was truly special to celebrate with my teammates"

"my advice for the younger guys would be to just enjoy it and don't take anything for granted...these 4 years, in my case 5, fly by, so savor every minute of this incredible opportunity"

"i want to thank the fans and donors for the amazing support this year...you have all given me a tremendous amount of pride in representing cal"

-dwight tarwater

when dwight 1st arrived in berkeley late last summer various bears staffers told me he "reported out of shape," "the body of a rsf player" & "looked like he's in his ninth month carrying" (ok, i made that last one up)...so i made fun of dt on this thread by posting pictures of the pillsbury dough boy

but dwight put in the work with coach nicodemus & transformed himself into a pac 12 player...tarwater was an outstanding role model both on & off the court and has built 50 year friendships with his teammates

mary is gonna be at the team celebration tomorrow nite looking over dwight's shoulders (as always)...to be honest with you, from the stunning panoramic view of the bay area from atop the university club at memorial stadium you can almost see heaven

season of love#

dal, dwight is currently a graduate student manager for the cal basketball team while finishing up his master's degree this year
Shocky1

Shocky1

"nothing was ever given to me, earned everything i got!"
-oscar frayer

note: the foto above has not been altered in any way

cal's touch the sky class (2016)#
mikecohen
Shocky1;842520227 said:

"nothing was ever given to me, earned everything i got!"
-oscar frayer

note: the foto above has not been altered in any way

cal's touch the sky class (2016)#

Sincerely without contradicting anything Mr. Frayer is quoted as saying, it occurs to me to wonder about his extraordinary athletic gifts, and his height, and the coaching, academic teachers, family support . . . not living in (for example) Syria. This is why I do not object to athletes giving thanks to God when they have achieved some major accomplishment. Nor, of course, would I even ask anyone to have that attitude or belief, or think less of them if they don't. Life is complex; and I must say that, if I, at their age, had a fraction of the insight, wisdom and maturity a lot of these guys (so many of them on our teams) have, just coming out of high school, I would be way ahead of where I am now.
Shocky1

you got the 1st official team practice today in preparation for the australia trip

them california golden bears were a mediocre 18-15 last season

no more black out days

Shocky1
coach martin has offered fast emerging 2017 6'2" 165 lbs shooting guard jemari baker from roosevelt high school in corona & the earl watson elite aau team

the staff scouted jemari during the july evaluation period & came away impressed with baker's ability to both shoot on the move & attack the basket along with above average passing skills & the motor to become a strong defender

baker has also got offers from local usc & oklahoma state at this time with more on the way...the key from a cal perspective will be to get jemari & his family to berkeley for an unofficial visit

let's do this
[video=youtube;3Chq7EP4sEU][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world
Shocky1

pawned by drake#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842516965 said:

guess what, did you know that jaylen brown got no right leg?...trust me, that's gonna be a problem

let's be real here, cal basketball is totally ******

**ivan rabb is no marvin bagley iii
**t-wall is the quietest point guard in the pac 12
**jabari bird & jordan mathews don't got a clue re: defense & rebounding
**stephen domingo was candy azz soft at georgetown
**sam singer is jewish
**kameron rooks isn't his dad
**kingsley okoraoh is too much of an english gentleman
**roger moute a bidias isn't his brother
**brandon chauca is a peruvian filipino
**roman davis probably can't bench press 100 lbs
**the dumb azz coaches don't seem to realize that the best players on the team are brenden "in san francisco" glapion, cole "surfer dude" welle & nick "at nite" hamilton and got them buried deep on the bench

yeah, true california golden bears are not gonna buy season tix(s) at haas pavilion, watching on tv is much better way to experience the magic of cal basketball

no wonder coach martin always regards me from afar

shut up, shocky#

in last year's clownpunking 35 point (79-44) blowout loss to an average sun devils teams at the haas, them sorry broken down azz bears played with zero ******* passion or energy, nobody stood tall & said this is not acceptable, we're better than this & demanded the same intensity of guys defending vicious street attacks on their moms, it truly was that bad

nobody said we're gonna scream until our hearts stop...yeah, it's true that cal basketball can sometimes break your heart

as the guys prepare for the spectacular & iconic sydney opera house, who is gonna take the center stage & lead this california golden bears team into the night against unknown dangers?

who is gonna defend moms?

GMP
Shocky1;842520610 said:

pawned by drake#

I was really enjoying your take on the Drake/Meek Mill beef, Shocky. I was even impressed! But you really blew it with "pawned." So close, but so far. Pwned.
Shocky1
grandmastapoop;842520693 said:

I was really enjoying your take on the Drake/Meek Mill beef, Shocky. I was even impressed! But you really blew it with "pawned." So close, but so far. Pwned.

i dunno maybe it was a typo
Shocky1

79-44 azz kicking#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842519098 said:

the shockster's view of yoga

the coaches view of yoga

not exactly#

marco, you look like you're a victim of a robbery more than a dedicated yoga master, pointing your hands straight up with a grim demeanor is not a known yoga move

try smiling next time you're on your mat in class, ok?
Shocky1
Shocky1;842518064 said:

Dr. Neita Safety, Executive Director
State of California Industrial Commission

What up Doc?

Although I am a California Golden Bears basketball fan, it is with a heavy heart that my conscience dictates that I must report the continued repeated abuse and mistreatment of Cal basketball walks on by Mr. Cuonzo Martin aka the Bald Azz Guy.

He has shown no remorse and when confronted his response was a terse and unhelpful "keep those foul smelling broken down freaks afar from me, all I care about is them Diamonds."

We are actively organizing sold out protests, sit ins, recall petitions with international media coverage at Haas Pavillion to draw attention to Coach Martin's shameful actions.

Your immediate attention to this matter is appreciated. I can be directly contacted at 1-800 Go Bears, just ask for Chris or Justin.

The time is now.

Shocky

Dear Mr. Shoski,

In all my years of serving and protecting the citizens of the State of California, I have never encountered such a hostile employer than Coach Martin and his comment, "keep those foul smelling broken down freaks afar from, all I care about is them Diamonds" with respects to his views regarding walk ons.

You have not only directly recruited Cal's Diamonds are Forever Class (2015), facilitated the long overdue practice of yoga to the Cal basketball program, continued your tireless efforts to improve the lives of rescue dogs but now are also dangerously working to change the playing conditions for the slow and the forgotten, the Cal basketball walk ons.

Mr. Shoski, I am very concerned for your safety as a whistle blower. In fact I fully expect the Cal Athletic Department to intentionally give your seats to the Spieker family and then blame it as an accidental oversight. Yes, I believe that will happen.

So please travel safely with the wind at your back as we work together to eradicate the saddest show on earth, the Cal basketball walk ons.

Respectfully yours,

Dr. Neita Safety
mikecohen
Shocky1;842520965 said:

Dear Mr. Shoski,

In all my years of serving and protecting the citizens of the State of California, I have never encountered such a hostile employer than Coach Martin and his comment, "keep those foul smelling broken down freaks afar from, all I care about is them Diamonds" with respects to his views regarding walk ons.

You have not only directly recruited Cal's Diamonds are Forever Class (2015), facilitated the long overdue practice of yoga to the Cal basketball program, continued your tireless efforts to improve the lives of rescue dogs but now are also dangerously working to change the playing conditions for the slow and the forgotten, the Cal basketball walk ons.

Mr. Shoski, I am very concerned for your safety as a whistle blower. In fact I fully expect the Cal Athletic Department to intentionally give your seats to the Spieker family and then blame it as an accidental oversight. Yes, I believe that will happen.

So please travel safely with the wind at your back as we work together to eradicate the saddest show on earth, the Cal basketball walk ons.

Respectfully yours,

Dr. Neita Safety

Do we have the best "walk-ons" in the world, or what?
Shocky1
mikecohen;842520968 said:

Do we have the best "walk-ons" in the world, or what?

mike, sadly coach martin does not share our opinion of them

remember the walk ons#
First Page Last Page
Page 212 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.