cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,264,680 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
who is the cal basketball program's #1 invested investigative including down under reporter?

https://twitter.com/fallonsmithcsn

fallon, it's almost as remarkable your husband's relentless work in transforming the bodies of cal's hard working student athletes as it is your ability to put together stylish outfits without wasting coin, hopefully taylor is paying attention (and shame on her enabling dad)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4566[/ATTACH]

but let's be real here, it's really a shame that nicodemus can't beat taylor's dad in a yoga handstand competition
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4824[/ATTACH]

yeah, just win baby

a tradition of excellence

cal family#
HoopDreams

Shocky1
Bobodeluxe;842525212 said:

The kid from El Cerrito High transferred to Findlay Prep, for what it's worth.

el cerrito gaucho & oakland soldier carlos johnson will be attending findlay prep in las vegas this upcoming school year...local unlv has offered carlos
Shocky1
Shocky1;842505073 said:

cuonzo martin has offered vance jackson, a highly skilled 2016 top 50 6'8" 215 lbs nightmare matchup sharpshooting wing from st john bosco (bryce treggs hs) in bellflower...vj is a key targeted priority prospect for the california golden bears basketball program, he is truly an impact player

jackson is currently the 23rd highest scoring player in the nation in aau ball this summer with a 18.7 ppg average for dream vision on the adidas gauntlet circuit ...his dad vance sr has indicated that the family has a preference for their son staying on the west coast, like so many of the current 2016 & 2017 recruiting battles for the bears, this is likely gonna be a cal, arizona (miller prioritizing other recruits over jackson right now) & ucla (could be done for 2016 class) decision...coach martin has invested the time & built strong relationships with both vance & vance sr

key factors in jackson's recruitment will be his excellent academic track record & ambition (he recently took the sat) along with a team's style of play & relationships with the coaching staff...the cal staff is working to coordinate an unofficial visit for the jackson family to visit berkeley this summer
[video=youtube;3B1Vgle9ROo][/video]

"people come and go, you just have to make sure the right one stays.."
-vance jackson

vance would be an ideal cal fit for cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

vance will be be transferring (after also considering mater dei) to prolific prep in napa for his senior season, the close proximity to berkeley will allow the jackson family to take a close look at the cal basketball program

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world
Shocky1
400 protesters expressing civil disobedience (australia style) re: their government's recent failure to include climate control on the g20 summit agenda

to be honest with you when i 1st saw this foto i thought it was an organized protest re: coach martin not playing nick hamilton during yesterday's game

ruthless#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]lions, and kangaroos and bears![/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Big CONGRATES to Cal Softball players [COLOR="#0000CD"]Jazmyn Jackson[/COLOR] and [COLOR="#0000CD"]Kobie Pettis[/COLOR] for winning the ASA Gold Medal for Team USA

World Champions![/SIZE]

Shocky1
as you relentlessly prepare for your upcoming high school season this fall, maybe you should do the following quick summertime homework assignment & check out the worldwide academic reputations of your potential collegiate options?

let's be real here, if the nba doesn't mint you, then you're gonna have to utilize your educational opportunities to achieve your dreams & build a better life for you & your family particularly moms...even if the nba does mint you, you gotta have financial skills & a strong education to make sure you prosper for the years ahead in terms of sound investment strategies & raising intellectually curious children...trust me, the girl of your dreams doesn't wanna date/marry a dumb azz

so check out the link below for the schools on your list, ok?

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings?int=9cf408

successful student athletes got academic ambition, dumb azz ballers limit themselves & just blindly hope they never get injured...if you go to an academically mediocre school like arizona & get injured you are ******

don't be a dumb azz#
50 year decision#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (and #3 ranked overall) university in the world (including australia)
HoopDreams
[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=5]something special...[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[video=youtube;BljjjJZTPNw][/video]

Shocky1
are you gonna do your part & call 1-800 go bears today to discuss season tix(s) at haas pavilion for you, your family & friends?

the time is now for you to create noise & energy at your palace on the brink of the potential greatest cal basketball/football season of our lifetimes

don't be a passive tv fan/idiot, maybe it's time to feel the magic of cal basketball again

rediscovering lost love#
bar20
Shocky1;842525579 said:

el cerrito gaucho & oakland soldier carlos johnson will be attending findlay prep in las vegas this upcoming school year...local unlv has offered carlos

What ever happened to this?

BC Calfan
bar20;842525794 said:

What ever happened to this?

Interesting prospect. Could be one of those guys that physically peak in HS. Wonder if we'll end up offering. Tough loss for my alma mater which was looking dominant next season.
bar20
BC Calfan;842525808 said:

Interesting prospect. Could be one of those guys that physically peak in HS. Wonder if we'll end up offering. Tough loss for my alma mater which was looking dominant next season.

Yes, I went there as well?
south bender
Every time I see a picture with both Rooks and Okoroh in it, I am thinking that Rooks looks even taller than the King. Is this optical illusion?
LOUMFSG2
south bender;842525851 said:

Every time I see a picture with both Rooks and Okoroh in it, I am thinking that Rooks looks even taller than the King. Is this optical illusion?

I don't think so. I remember reading a tweet from Rooks a while ago, and he referred to himself as 7'2". I've noticed the same thing you have in pictures as well.
Shocky1
BC Calfan;842525808 said:

carlos johnson is an absolute beast in the paint who plays with the relentless aggression that is coveted by the staff...carlos has a very close relationship with coach webster & has an offer from the bears, the oakland soliers are a key relationship in the cal basketball program's future

johnson does not have an actionable offer from the staff at this time...with only 2 open schollys at this time & with commitments from oscar frayer & tyson jolly, there isn't any room right now for carlos

academics are also a factor as carlos is a developing student that is demonstrating improved scholastic work as is also the case with oscar & tyson...there are a lot of moving parts with respects to cal's touch the sky class (2016) & classwork achievement/academic ambition will be part of the equation
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Notice to Cal Basketball Team: [COLOR="#B22222"]Watch out for killer Koalas[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[video=youtube;finCHypE6qg][/video]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Jaylen's first monster slam as a Cal Bear[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842478758 said:

marvin bagley iii, a 6'10" phenom from corona del sol high school (tempe) is from gilbert (an upper middle class suburb of phx) is ranked as the #1 player in the 2018 class

my yoga classmate buddy padraig o'brien (a highly respected basketball trainer that has worked with 5 lottery picks & kingsley okoroh) told me that marvin is an excellent student in the classroom with a strong academic focus & that his parents (dad is the head coach of the phoenix phamily 2018 youth basketball team) are very strict (and highly religious) & won't let their son's recruitment turn into a circus...a major factor that will damage the recruiting efforts of arizona & arizona state is the family's concerns re: the lack of diversity in arizona (greater detail can only be shared directly with the staff)

so i asked padraig how good is marvin, a freshman this year in high school, compared to the pac 12's best players

padraig smiled & told me that bagley would've won the pac 12 mvp award this year...by a large margin

this afternoon marvin bagley scored a dominating 28 points on 9-12 field goals along with 13 rebounds...and yeah, he's 4-9 on 3 pointers this weekend at the peach jam...yeah, marvin is arguably the greatest high school player since lebron james

the head coaches watching today included sean "dunkin' donuts" miller, bobby "off to the races" hurley, coach cal, coach k & california golden bears head coach cuonzo martin

let's do this#

warning: do not watch this video if you have any heart conditions
[video=youtube;zu9M-qK1yuo][/video]

marvin's dad has accepted an assistant coach position with hillcrest hoops in phoenix which is striving to become a basketball powerhouse with national & international players...this season's schedule will include findlay prep, the oak hill academy & 7 games vs junior colleges

bagley's son marcus, a 6'4" 8th grader, will be joining his dad & big bro marvin bagley iii at hillcrest which is academically aligned with the starshine academy in culturally diverse south phoenix (5 minutes from the airport)

yeah, the shockster is gonna be wearing his cal cap to a couple of bagley's games in their tiny gym

the dream#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842515872 said:

the bears staff has offered daejon davis, a 6'3" 175 lbs top 50 in the 2017 class from the lakeside school in seattle & the seattle aau rotary team

davis is a 2 that can flat our score the ball along with exceptional vision & an unselfish passer...he can knock down 3 pointers along with attacking the basket & his high motor projects him to be an exceptional defender

daejon has indicated that his collegiate criteria will include academics, coaching staff, environment, playing style & future teammates...in state washington, gonzaga & washington state have also offered

yeah, even kayne is mentioning (kinda) daejon davis in his lyrics

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world

daejon will be visiting cal the weekend of september 26th (a non home football weekend as the jared goff & his teammates will be in seattle)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842524888 said:

the linked below video is intended as a public service educational announcement for all prospective future cal basketball student athletes

popular#

the girl of your dreams is interested in a fun, romantic, confident, thoughtful, well educated guy that is mentally limitless that loves his moms...yeah, she wants to meet a cal basketball player with a diploma

and if you're not foul smelling that's a plus too

dal9
KO's face on that Jaylen dunk
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Jabari Bird with another monster slam[/SIZE]

Shocky1

monsters in training#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842525437 said:

who is the cal basketball program's #1 invested investigative including down under reporter?

fallon, it's almost as remarkable your husband's relentless work in transforming the bodies of cal's hard working student athletes as it is your ability to put together stylish outfits without wasting coin, hopefully taylor is paying attention (and shame on her enabling dad)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4566[/ATTACH]

but let's be real here, it's really a shame that nicodemus can't beat taylor's dad in a yoga handstand competition
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4824[/ATTACH]

yeah, just win baby

a tradition of excellence

cal family#

fallon with all the highlight reel action (again)
Shocky1

*****jaylen brown with 19 points on 8-17 fgs including 2-4 3 pointers along with 5 boards & a sloppy 4 turnovers
*****tyrone wallace with 18 points on 7-12 fgs including a solid 4-5 free throws along with 5 boards & team high 4 assists
*****ivan rabb with 14 points on an efficient 7-9 fgs along with 7 boards
*****jabari bird off the bench with 13 points on 6-11 fgs including 1-5 3 pointers
*****kingsley okoroh with no points but a team high 7 boards during a team high 27 minutes
*****sam singer with key buckets in crunch time
*****jordan mathews & stephen domingo combined for an off nite 11 points on 4-17 fgs including a comatose 1-8 3 pointers

them california golden bears showed heart & the fierce will to win in fighting back from a 11 point deficit at the 49-38 juncture in the game despite a scary 4-20 3 pointers, a reckless 14 turnovers & most disappointingly out rebounded/out hustled on the boards 37-30

team got unlimited potential but that's on paper, not reality (yet)

monsters in training#
GoBears635
Nice recap, Shocky, but to set the record straight, our largest deficit in the 4th qtr was 2, and we led from the 7:50 mark.
bar20
Shocky1;842526323 said:

*****jaylen brown with 19 points on 8-17 fgs including 2-4 3 pointers along with 5 boards & a sloppy 4 turnovers
*****tyrone wallace with 18 points on 7-12 fgs including a solid 4-5 free throws along with 5 boards & team high 4 assists
*****ivan rabb with 14 points on an efficient 7-9 fgs along with 7 boards
*****jabari bird off the bench with 13 points on 6-11 fgs including 1-5 3 pointers
*****kingsley okoroh with no points but a team high 7 boards during a team high 27 minutes
*****sam singer with key buckets in crunch time
*****jordan mathews & stephen domingo combined for an off nite 11 points on 4-17 fgs including a comatose 1-8 3 pointers

them california golden bears showed heart & the fierce will to win in fighting back from a 9 point deficit with 5 minutes left in the game despite a scary 4-20 3 pointers, a reckless 14 turnovers & most disappointingly out rebounded/out hustled on the boards 37-30

team got unlimited potential but that's on paper, not reality (yet)

monsters in training#

Based on the above we are doomed! Whoa is me. When does rugby season start?
Shocky1
Shocky1;842421131 said:

justin labagh, a former bears player & the most winning (87% victories) head coach in the history of college basketball, told me about his recruitment of 2014 pac 12 mvp/nba 1st rounder (20th pick overall) delon wright to city college of san francisco

labagh has the same barber in the city as portland trailblazers dorell wright who was then with the golden state warriors...dorell tells justin about his younger bro who wasn't really recruited by anyone out of leuzinger high school in los angeles

labagh says yeah, let's do this so delon enrolls in san francisco & averages 10 points, 8 boards & 4 steals per game in the rams high octane highly balanced offense...nobody wants delon at the next level until justin convinces larry to sign him & delon ends up in salt lake city

how come delon didn't end up in berkeley?

labagh told me wright would have not been a good fit academically (2.5 hs gpa) at the world's #1 ranked public university

justin is not only the winningest coach in the history of college basketball in building ccsf into a national powerhouse with their explosive 40 minutes of pressure but he also develops his guys academically in sending his players with full rides to 4 year colleges

yeah, justin labagh is true california golden bear

justin labagh told me "the whole delon thing is really awesome for our program and i think toronto is a great fit for him...he already earned his degree from utah-they did a great job with him!...i spoke to tracy (coach webster) mid summer and he's going to come over to practice and check out a couple of my guys...we are as they say "loaded" for next year"

cal family#
Shocky1
GoBears63;842526403 said:

Nice recap, Shocky, but to set the record straight, our largest deficit in the 4th qtr was 2, and we led from the 7:50 mark.

gobears63, i stand corrected re: the 4th quarter deficit...the bears largest deficit was 11 points at 49-38

that's the last time i'm gonna get any updates from that dumb azz oski, he don't know ****

Shocky1
bar20;842526414 said:

Based on the above we are doomed! Whoa is me. When does rugby season start?

agreed

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]
j.bird2013 It's crazy the places a 🏀 can take you...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR="#0000CD"]Bondi Beach
Sydney, Australia[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Shocky1
"heavy is the head that wears the crown"
-jaylen brown, noted philosopher

Shocky1
"out of the gate we did not do a good job...i thought we played more as individuals than we did as a team at the start...we were down 10 points a couple of times in the game but we put in a defensive lineup that got us over the hump...guys really started to play hard and get after it...they really competed and i thought that was great...stephen domingo did an exceptional job really setting the tone defensively...that's where it started for us"
-coach martin

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=210275793

defense wins championships#
Shocky1
you're supposed to visit in the summer (november thru april), not the winter (august)...don't be a dumb azz

First Page Last Page
Page 216 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.