cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,268,289 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
south bender
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842122331 said:

ocean league mvp & volume scorer (25 ppg) jordan matthews co shared west team scoring honors with ucla's zach lavine (who won the slam dunk contest friday night) as both knocked down 19 pts as the west won a 123-121 (d anyone?) thriller in the inaugural west coast all star classic in kent, washington

the east produced an unlikely mvp in eric mika, a byu forward who played well on both ends of the court with 28 pts

josh gershon has told me that jm's "got the talent and mindset to be a classic overachiever"...that sounds like a backhanded compliment to me sort of like "i'm really impressed with his ability to fully comprehend children's books...for an arizona grad"

just kidding (sort of)...don't need jay john & sean rooks all over my biz

represent the bay#
fly with the bird#
work hard, die last#

the unversity of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world

Shocky1, what is the difference between "co-sharing" and simply "sharing" scoring scoring honors?

And perhaps you are being overly sensitive to the notion of Mathews' being a classic overachiever. What great player is not an overachiever? It is their unquenchable drive that makes them great, that pushes them achieve above and beyond a norm for their talents.

Go Bears!
SFCityBear
HoopDreams;842122286 said:

Keep it rolling Shockster
Rorie coming just in time to take the keys from PG Cobbs who's gonna have a huge year next season

Tyrone Wallace arrived just in time to take the keys at point guard from Justin Cobbs when he graduates. Wallace will have had two years experience by then. And Wallace will have to beat out soph Sam Singer to win the position. Rorie will arrive at that point as well, just in time to take the keys at point guard from Wallace two years later, after Rorie himself will have had two years experience on the Cal team. Rorie will have to beat out Singer as well, and also he may have to beat out Sedrick Barefield, a highly sought after PG recruit, who has a Cal offer for 2015. That is how it works. Or at least, that seems to be the plan. We are not likely to see a freshman start at point, but if Rorie or Singer turns out to be the second coming of Jason Kidd or Kevin Johnson, then Wallace will have his hands full winning and holding on to the point guard spot.

:Monty
Shocky1
south bender;842122362 said:

Shocky1, what is the difference between "co-sharing" and simply "sharing" scoring scoring honors?

And perhaps you are being overly sensitive to the notion of Mathews' being a classic overachiever. What great player is not an overachiever? It is their unquenchable drive that makes them great, that pushes them achieve above and beyond a norm for their talents.

Go Bears!

played desert forest (which is the best course in the valley of the sun along with estancia & wekopa saguaro, forest highlands canyon in flagstaff is still the best course in arizona) this morning (which will now shut down for 6 months while my friend z of coore & crenshaw restores the original architectural intent of this terrific red lawrence desert design) with my host who is also one of my business mentors*

*the shockster has mentors for everything: business, family, golf, travel, the arts, yoga, personal finances etc...a cal degree doesn't teach you everything, it merely awakens your realization that there is a vast universe out there and that there are a million things to learn, explore & be curious about in life...mentors are our guides in this exploration

during our 18 hole walking round with our bags over our shoulders & our usual bantering about each other's numerous flaws & significant shortcomings, a philosophical conversation broke out about overachievers...in his many yrs of biz at the highest levels possible, my mentor (an extremely perceptive & often caustic harvard grad) pointed out that he's never met someone who was successful in any endeavor who was not an overachiever

so calling jordan matthews a "classic overachiever" in the bb rankings game is a flawed way to underrate a future highly productive college player & elite student athlete with a 3.55 gpa like jm in favor of some lazy dumb azz baller who won't develop their game, transfers to a glorified jc college like arizona/oregon, flunks out, etc. but who has "more skills" & is therefore ranked higher

does that make any sense?

the difference between "co-sharing" and "sharing" per the shockster real world dictionary is as follows:

when we grab a late nite desert (after a tasty linguine vongole w/white sauce & a bay shrimp salad dinner at scomas) at ghiradelli square in the city, my kids know that "co sharing" a chocolate sundae means it will be divided in equal portions as determined by the universe's most fair referee, mom...if i offer to "share" that means they will get maybe 2 small bites & then dad will eat the rest

got it?

moms matter#
south bender
Shocky1;842122375 said:

played desert forest (which is the best course in the valley of the sun along with estancia & wekopa saguaro, forest highlands canyon in flagstaff is still the best course in arizona) this morning (which will now shut down for 6 months while my friend z of coore & crenshaw restores the original architectural intent of this terrific red lawrence desert design) with my host who is also one of my business mentors*

*the shockster has mentors for everything: business, family, golf, travel, the arts, yoga, personal finances etc...a cal degree doesn't teach you everything, it merely awakens your realization that there is a vast universe out there and that there are a million things to learn, explore & be curious about in life...mentors are our guides in this exploration

during our 18 hole walking round with our bags over our shoulders & our usual bantering about each other's numerous flaws & significant shortcomings, a philosophical conversation broke out about overachievers...in his many yrs of biz at the highest levels possible, my mentor (an extremely perceptive & often caustic harvard grad) pointed out that he's never met someone who was successful in any endeavor who was not an overachiever

so calling jordan matthews a "classic overachiever" in the bb rankings game is a flawed way to underrate a future highly productive college player & elite student athlete with a 3.55 gpa like jm in favor of some lazy dumb azz baller who won't develop their game, transfers to a glorified jc college like arizona/oregon, flunks out, etc. but who has "more skills" & is therefore ranked higher

does that make any sense?

the difference between "co-sharing" and "sharing" per the shockster real world dictionary is as follows:

when we grab a late nite desert (after a tasty linguine vongole w/white sauce & a bay shrimp salad dinner at scomas) at ghiradelli square in the city, my kids know that "co sharing" a chocolate sundae means it will be divided in equal portions as determined by the universe's most fair referee, mom...if i offer to "share" that means they will get maybe 2 small bites & then dad will eat the rest

got it?

moms matter#

I prefer general use of language, with all due respect to your family's unique usage.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
south bender;842122377 said:

I prefer general use of language, with all due respect to your family's unique usage.

Go Bears!

if my daughters shay & taylor and wife kat say they will meet me somewhere "on time," then that means i have time for another 9 holes & a quick swim

meanings>>>>>>>>language
89Bear
Shocky1;842122380 said:

if my daughters shay & taylor and wife kat say they will meet me somewhere "on time," then that means i have time for another 9 holes & a quick swim

meanings>>>>>>>>language

Shocky, you ever want to take a nine iron upside your playing partner's head like Tiger and Serg did?
Where do you stand in their "dispute" from yesterday?
mikecohen
south bender;842122362 said:

Shocky1, . . . perhaps you are being overly sensitive to the notion of Mathews' being a classic overachiever. What great player is not an overachiever? It is their unquenchable drive that makes them great, that pushes them achieve above and beyond a norm for their talents.

Go Bears!

An emphatic +1
mikecohen
SFCityBear;842122363 said:

Tyrone Wallace arrived just in time to take the keys at point guard from Justin Cobbs when he graduates. Wallace will have had two years experience by then. And Wallace will have to beat out soph Sam Singer to win the position. Rorie will arrive at that point as well, just in time to take the keys at point guard from Wallace two years later, after Rorie himself will have had two years experience on the Cal team. Rorie will have to beat out Singer as well, and also he may have to beat out Sedrick Barefield, a highly sought after PG recruit, who has a Cal offer for 2015. That is how it works. Or at least, that seems to be the plan. We are not likely to see a freshman start at point, but if Rorie or Singer turns out to be the second coming of Jason Kidd or Kevin Johnson, then Wallace will have his hands full winning and holding on to the point guard spot.

Wallace has the potential of developing the ability to play either 1, 2 or 3; and, if he grows any, physically, 4.
mikecohen
Shocky1;842122375 said:

a cal degree doesn't teach you everything, it merely awakens your realization that there is a vast universe out there and that there are a million things to learn, explore & be curious about in life...mentors are our guides in this exploration

+1
Shocky1
Shocky1;842121285 said:

awards update:

last nickel award (player most likely to give a teammate/homeless guy the shirt off his back): brandon smith

mile high club (coach most likely to fly to iceland to check out a 4th grader with a sweet jumper & 98% on his last spelling test): gregg gottlieb

the wizard of oz (coach behind the scenes making it all happen): jay john

handyman award (coach most likely to make coffee, break down an oppenent's gamefilm, text a recruit in socal & write ivan a handwritten letter before 9:30 am): john montgomery

work hard, die last award (s&c): scott thom & barry parsons

14th man award: theo robertson
Shocky1
mikecohen;842122413 said:

Wallace has the potential of developing the ability to play either 1, 2 or 3; and, if he grows any, physically, 4.

one of my favorite lingering moments forever burned into my memory of the roller coaster 2012/2013 season was sitting behind the bench at the asu game in tempe & watching true fr t-wall trying to cheer up/patting on the head a disconsolate pac 12 mvp

t-wall plays d like a feral animal & with an infectious enthusiasm unknown to mankind because the game of basketball is fun (listen up, jc)...we all should hopefully approach our lives with the same beaming smile & relentless passion

but the $1,000,000 question remains, can t-wall improve his shooting (.342 fgs, .224 3 pters & .534 fts last season)???

john montomgery told me that "tryone works hard on his jump shot...we tweaked it when he got here in the fall and there just wasn't enough time in the season to get enough reps to make it consistent...believe it or not he shoots it very well in workouts...when you get in a high level game and your tired sometimes you go back to old habits...with a full summer working on it hopefully he'll be a much more consistent shooter"

t-wall is a smart guy, 3.5 gpa@bakersfield, he'll do what needs to be done

as noted in earlier posts, john montgomery was the proud(?) receipient of a shoski award at the recent bb awards banquet at memorial stadium

handyman award (coach most likely to make coffee, break down an opponent's gamefilm, text a recruit in socal & write ivan a handwritten letter before 9:30 am): john montgomery

work hard, die last#
Shocky1
parentswerebears;842120379 said:

Congratulations Roger! Welcome aboard. You made a great decision.

congratulations to the cal coaching staff for officially signing roger moute a bidias to a nli to complete the 2013 monster class

monty on roger: "we are really excited roger has decided to join our program...he is an extremely athletic young man with great upside...roger is a very engaging individual and i think is going to be a tremendous asset to the cal community"

rmab started playing bb in cameroon in 2009 before moving to the united states in 2011...he played a season at montverde academy in florida before completing his career at notre dame prep in mass

represent the bay#
fly with the bird#
work hard, die last#

the university of california, berkelely=#1 ranked public university in the world
HoopDreams
Loved t-wall in his freshmen year. He did not play like a freshmen, and certainly had no fear. He played hard, played smart, and had a great on-court demeanor.

He also owned some of the best blocks, and scored the first basket vs UNLV in the NCAA when he got the rebound and just ASSAULTED the basket.

As for his shooting. Yeah, he's gotta fix that. You could tell he's got work to do as even his FT shooting was poor. Typically when you're trying to fix your shot the FT shooting is the first to improve, as you can go thru the mental 1, 2, 3 before the shot (e.g. bend your knees, elbow in, high arc....or what ever thing you're trying to fix...)

However, overall it's tough to rebuild your shot. You might be able to shoot it during a drill, but once there is a defender in your face, and the pressure of the game, your instincts take over, and your form reverts back to the bad habits you've got. Fatigue (and or adrenaline) also becomes a factor shooting FTs at the end of the game.

Also interesting to note, that a player can be a pretty good shooter in one type of shot, and poor in another type of shot. There are many different shots, including:

Catch and shoot (2 pt and 3 pt)
Pull up jumper
Fade
Floater
Tear drop
Turn around
Hook
Free throw
Dunk/layup & a variety of post moves (up and under, etc)

I think Wallace could improve his mid-range pull up jumper faster than his long range shooting, as it may be more natural for him, and complement his attacking/slashing game more. I think he'll get there faster with that shot.

Shocky1;842122502 said:

but the $1,000,000 question remains, can t-wall improve his shooting (.342 fgs, .224 3 pters & .534 fts last season)???

john montomgery told me that "tryone works hard on his jump shot...we tweaked it when he got here in the fall and there just wasn't enough time in the season to get enough reps to make it consistent...believe it or not he shoots it very well in workouts...when you get in a high level game and your tired sometimes you go back to old habits...with a full summer working on it hopefully he'll be a much more consistent shooter"

t-wall is a smart guy, 3.5 gpa@bakersfield, he'll do what needs to be done
puget sound cal fan
Could be, Hoop Dreams, but without the viable threat of an outside shot, the defense will sag-off him and block Wallace's path to the hoop. Tyrone has to make his perimeter shot a credible threat.
HoopDreams
agree. he can't be AJ Diggs. Gotta keep the defense honest.

however, if he can develop a pull up jumper, or a step back shot, he could drive on a sagging defender and get his shot off as he's got good length and hops. After watching him, I just think he can develop that faster than hitting a guarded 3.

I certainly agree that he has to improve on hitting an open 3. I can see him take a significant step up for those in a year.

Summer work out plan:

Lots of free throws - gotta get FTs to 65-70%
Lots of pull ups - gotta complement his drive game
Lots of catch and shoot 3s - gotta hit the open 3

puget sound cal fan;842122740 said:

Could be, Hoop Dreams, but without the viable threat of an outside shot, the defense will sag-off him and block Wallace's path to the hoop. Tyrone has to make his perimeter shot a credible threat.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842119906 said:

let's examine sluggo's statement "cal is no different than anywhere (kentucky, etc.) else"

cal's current & future players:

alan crabbe: 3.3 gpa@price (awaiting nba draft)
justin cobbs: 3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
tyrone wallace: 3.5 gpa@bakersfield
david kravish-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price
ricky kreklow-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
chritian behrens-3.5 gpa@tahoma
kahlil johnson-scholastic academic honor roll@price
jabari bird-3.0+ gpa@salesian
jordan matthews-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
amhaad rorie-3.8 gpa@lincoln

the walks on:
jeff powers-excellent student & astutue eyes for the women
garrett galvin-4.0 gpa
robert frid-3.5 gpa

the 2014 prospects:
idrissa diallo-3.33 gpa
evan fitzner-3.0+ gpa
thomas welsh-3.7 gpa

not a single player with the cal bb program had a hs gpa under 3.0...furthermore, we can expect every player listed above to leave cal with a diploma and/or a roster spot on a nba team (and hopefully those players will return like shareef to eventually graduate)

of the 300+ ncaa d1 teams excluding the ivy league & service academies, cal is among the top 5 schools for academically elite bb student athletes alongside duke, stanford, northwestern & vanderbilt

if anyone can document a college with better academic bb student athletes than cal (other than the other 4 schools listed above), i will donate $5,000 to the university of california educational scholarship of your choice in your name

kentucky, on the other hand, is in the bottom 10% of d1 300+ schools with half of the last two year's dumb azz ballers with sub 2.5 gpas led by star nerlens noel & his 2.1 gpa

sluggo, check out the football board and the "cal recruiting great students" thread where i have listed the gpa of almost every cal fb commit for the last 2 years

there is a direct correlation imo between hs gpas and students successfully graduating from the university of california, berkelely

"cal is no different than anywhere else"

nahhh...i don't think so

peace

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world

special kudos to shareef abdur rahim who at the age of 35 returned to cal to earn his sociology degree with an overall gpa of 3.8 gpa (3.5 gpa during his earlier time in berkeley) after winning the pac 12 mvp award, being a 1st round nba draft choice & later being a nba all star, winning an olympic gold medal in sydney and scoring over 15,000 pts (18.1 ppg) in the nba

ac, what's in your future?

the university of california, berkelely=#1 ranked public university in the world
soefeil
SFCityBear;842122363 said:

Tyrone Wallace arrived just in time to take the keys at point guard from Justin Cobbs when he graduates.

I would much rather see Wallace develop into a solid 3
SFCityBear
soefeil;842123045 said:

I would much rather see Wallace develop into a solid 3

Well, anything is possible, I guess. First of all, Wallace is a little short to be playing the three spot. Ideally, he should be 6'-6" or taller. Some kids do grow in college. Bill Russell was 6'-6" in high school, but by the time he became a junior at USF, he had grown to 6'-9".

Small forward is primarily a shooting, scoring, and rebounding position. Wallace can get rebounds very well, but has evidenced less ability to shoot and score than is required in the small forward role. The small forward ideally should be able to drive and score, and draw fouls, so he can get to the line and shoot free throws. Right now the main advantage to Wallace getting fouled is to add to the foul total of his defender, because Wallace has little ability to make free throws. When he gets fouled, it is almost like a turnover.

I was only writing about what I think Montgomery's plan is. Wallace was recruited as a guard, who can play both guard spots. He handles the ball well enough to have it in his hands much of the time. Of course, the best laid plans can be wrecked by an injury to a key player, like what happened last year when Kreklow got hurt, Smith was not playing well, and Wallace was pressed into starting duty. If Bird starts, who would be his backup? Kreklow? He may start at the two guard. Johnson? Moute? Are they capable? So you could see Wallace play some three. In the long term, unless he grows and develops a lot of shooting ability, I still think his future is at point guard. He will have to improve both his offense and his defense to retain a starting spot this season. There is just too much talent coming in. On paper, at least.

Shocky1
Shocky1;842110269 said:

as i've hinted at for some time, kaileb rodriguez will be leaving the cal basketball program

this decision is not entirely basketball related

while kr is a good kid, he has not met all the high standards & expectations of the cal bb program

good luck to kaileb in the future

kaileb update: kr will be joining the wyoming sheridan jc generals next season

sheridan jc mens bb hc steve smiley says "kaileb is another crucial piece of our recruiting puzzle and we are really happy that he choose to become a member of the general's family...kaileb has truly transformed his body and will have a chance to be a special player in our program before moving back to the d1 level in the near future"

cj box/joe pickett get it done#
work hard, die last#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842122331 said:

ocean league mvp & volume scorer (25 ppg) jordan matthews co shared west team scoring honors with ucla's zach lavine (who won the slam dunk contest friday night) as both knocked down 19 pts as the west won a 123-121 (d anyone?) thriller in the inaugural west coast all star classic in kent, washington

the east produced an unlikely mvp in eric mika, a byu forward who played well on both ends of the court with 28 pts

josh gershon has told me that jm's "got the talent and mindset to be a classic overachiever"...that sounds like a backhanded compliment to me sort of like "i'm really impressed with his ability to fully comprehend children's books...for an arizona grad"

just kidding (sort of)...don't need jay john & sean rooks all over my biz

represent the bay#
fly with the bird#
work hard, die last#

the unversity of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world

the shockster will graciously accept a 2 stroke + distance penalty if he ever misspells jm's last name again

guess what?

the very informed pac 12 beat writer percy allen of the seattle times in covering the west coast all-star classic is joining the jordan mathews is a classic overachiever club....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

allen says "matthews (glad the shockster is not the only dumb azz speller) is solid...he didn't do anything flashy but at the end of the night he was one of the game's top scorers"

apparently jm needs to wise up & realize that unless he starts throwing down some tom-a-hawk slam dunks that clank off the back rim & making no look behind the back passes to the 7th row spectators (and enraging mr cranky pants into an frenzied stomping fury on the sidelines), the "experts" are going to discount jordan's fundamentaly sound machine like production within the team context as just another game for an overachiever

if jm wins the pac 12 mvp award in a few years with a 24.6 ppg avg, can't wait to hear the "experts" chime in then too...

jm don't own no clown shoez

flashy is for clowns#
clowns are stoopid#
work hard, die last#
south bender
Dear Shockster,

Can you explain what this means and your fondness for it?

Thanks.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
who is really making a big time effort with a sense of urgency to get his butt off the bench and onto the court for the golden bears?

that would be kahlil johnson...kj made the scholastic honor roll at price while playing hs ball at 180-190 lbs for michael lynch...comes from a tight bb family with dad playing at shaw, mom at florida tech and bros omari at oregon state/shakir at metropolitan state college in denver

played last season at 206 lbs and is now 6'7" 225 and "doing really well in the weight room" per john montgomery

jm also told me johnson will play at the 4 next season...that makes sense because kj probably isn't quick enough to guard the elite athletic 3s (sitting on the floor by the cal cheerleaders i saw 1st hand him struggling on d against against harvard) but will be much quicker than most 4s as he bulks up

this is another strong coaching decision by the cal bb staff, easily the highest bb iq collection of coaches in the pac 12, to put our players in the best possible situations to be successful...the fb analogy would be a 206 lb safety who isn't fast enough to cover robert woods but who is moved to outside linebacker at 225 lbs & is then quicker than every fb/te he's guarding

so how does the bears frontcourt rotation shape up for next season?

john montgomery told me "we'll have kravish, solomon, rooks, behrens and then johnson and/or roger moute...we can also go small and play kreklow with wallace, bird and cobbs...lots of flexibility"

work hard, die last#

NVBear78
Shocky, love your updates and insights, check your private messages.

Thanks!
SFCityBear
Shocky1;842123624 said:

who is really making a big time effort with a sense of urgency to get his butt off the bench and onto the court for the golden bears?

that would be kahlil johnson...kj made the scholastic honor roll at price while playing hs ball at 180-190 lbs for michael lynch...comes from a tight bb family with dad playing at shaw, mom at florida tech and bros omari at oregon state/shakir at metropolitan state college in denver

played last season at 206 lbs and is now 6'7" 225 and "doing really well in the weight room" per john montgomery

jm also told me johnson will play at the 4 next season...that makes sense because kj probably isn't quick enough to guard the elite athletic 3s (sitting on the floor by the cal cheerleaders i saw 1st hand him struggling on d against against harvard) but will be much quicker than most 4s as he bulks up

this is another strong coaching decision by the cal bb staff, easily the highest bb iq collection of coaches in the pac 12, to put our players in the best possible situations to be successful...the fb analogy would be a 206 lb safety who isn't fast enough to cover robert woods but who is moved to outside linebacker at 225 lbs & is then quicker than every fb/te he's guarding

so how does the bears frontcourt rotation shape up for next season?

john montgomery told me "we'll have kravish, solomon, rooks, behrens and then johnaon and/or roger moute...we can also go small and play kreklow with wallace, bird and cobbs...lots of flexibility"

work hard, die last#

Shocky,

Good inside poop. Glad to hear that that Johnson is working so hard, and the position change sounds like a great move. It fills a need for the team and gives him a chance to be a real contributor. Plus, it will give us a 4 who can shoot from the perimeter. Wow.

Thanks for the post.

SFCB
Shocky1
at the recent cal team awards at the new sparkling memorial stadium with a panoramic view of a dramatic bay area sunset over the golden gate bridge, the following shoski recipient was announced:

joe francis girls gone wild award: jeff powers

with our eyes upon tmz fairness (and the single green light across the water) with respects to our student athletes, fellow haas grad jeff erickson reports that part of jeff powers elite checking out the crowds scoping includes making eye contact with his parents & sister who have the seats in front of erickson

no doubt that the shockster's faulty pereception that jp was visually undressing the tall blonde w/a short skirt & a long jacket (w/ 6' cfm pumps) that ran stats back & forth up the steps at the asu game in tempe was merely a trick of the lights

jp=20/20 vision#

arizona state university=#1 ranked college with most current strippers in the world
NVBear78
heh heh heh
"john montgomery told me "we'll have kravish, solomon, rooks, behrens and then johnaon and/or roger moute...we can also go small and play kreklow with wallace, bird and cobbs...lots of flexibility"
row

Shockster...................you throw out a lots of names here.

Honestly, I remain very very skeptical over anything john montgomery ever says. Cobbs, as I have repeatedly stated, LOOKS AND FOR THE MOST PART PLAYS LIKE A BB PLAYER SHOULD LOOK AND PLAY. I'm sure BIRD will as well.

As for The rest .................cannot share your enthusiasm as of now.
Shocky1
1947;842123813 said:

"john montgomery told me "we'll have kravish, solomon, rooks, behrens and then johnaon and/or roger moute...we can also go small and play kreklow with wallace, bird and cobbs...lots of flexibility"
row

Shockster...................you throw out a lots of names here.

Honestly, I remain very very skeptical over anything john montgomery ever says. Cobbs, as I have repeatedly stated, LOOKS AND FOR THE MOST PART PLAYS LIKE A BB PLAYER SHOULD LOOK AND PLAY. I'm sure BIRD will as well.

As for The rest .................cannot share your enthusiasm as of now.

hmmmmm............this is all very suspicious..............why would the BEARS recruit a BIRD...............this makes no sense...................don't our lads know the difference?

what's this DOG doing in my living room?????????????????..................oh, that's HOOVER, my terrier...................sit boy
Shocky1
Shocky1;842123866 said:

hmmmmm............this is all very suspicious..............why would the BEARS recruit a BIRD...............this makes no sense...................don't our lads know the difference?

what's this DOG doing in my living room?????????????????..................oh, that's HOOVER, my terrier...................sit boy

the shockster considers longtime loyal golden bear faithfuls such as 1947 as heroic in their years of patience awaiting the next final four appearances since the 1959 & 1960 pete newell wonder teams

for those like 1947 who truly bleed blue & gold, a member of the cal bb coaching staff has told me they think if the team stays healthy, then next year's squad with its talent & depth could be the best cal team since mr cranky pants arrived in berkeley

1947, dream big & in color, my friend

resilience in life matters#

the university of california, berekeley=#1 ranked public university in the world
"a member of the cal bb coaching staff has told me they think if the team stays healthy, then next year's squad with its talent & depth could be the best cal team since mr cranky pants arrived in berkeley"

Oh no, not J. Montgomery...................yet again?

But yes Shockster, I will indeed,........................ greatly pray.
calumnus
1947;842123917 said:

"a member of the cal bb coaching staff has told me they think if the team stays healthy, then next year's squad with its talent & depth could be the best cal team since mr cranky pants arrived in berkeley"

Oh no, not J. Montgomery...................yet again?

But yes Shockster, I will indeed,........................ greatly pray.

1."Could be the best cal team since mr cranky pants arrived in berkeley."

2. "Will likely be the best cal team since mr cranky pants arrived in berkeley."

3. "Will be the best cal team since mr cranky pants arrived in berkeley."

Just to be clear, he said #1, which I hope we all agree with, they seem to have a high ceiling and I would hope we believe that about every Cal team pre-season going forward, though I also would agree with: "with youth and inexperience, could be the worst cal team since mr cranky pants arrived in berkeley." (which sounds more pessimistic but is about as far out on a limb as #1).

So, bottom line: nothing overly optimistic about Socky's post AND keep praying.
Shocky1
NVBear78;842123657 said:

Shocky, love your updates and insights, check your private messages.

Thanks!

kidz, you pocketed the red flower organic toiletries from the bathroom & took the golf cart for a joy ride to the beach in search of kiwis at the ethereal cape kidnapper's lodge in hawke's bay, new zealand....now julian robertson & his tiger henchmen (like nvbear) are tracking us across the 4 corners of the earth

regrets#
Shocky1
I would like to briefly point out that with a Master's Degree in Elementary Education from ASU that I am therefore much better educated than my punctuation challenged Husband who does not have any postgraduate schooling (sorry Honey, reading a Tony Robbins books doesn't really count) and suffers from the delusion that an ASU degree includes a stripper pole.

Does a Cal degree include a pound of pot?

Plus Sparky is much cuter than Oski!

-Mrs Shockster
antipattern
Uh oh looks like shockeey's account was hacked! Now when you see a new shocky post, you'll think "is ths gonna a post that shocky wrote that gives us good info? Or will it be a weird, troll post written by some one trying to convince us that powers is the ultimate ladies man?

Hmm actually I guess this changes nothing.
NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842124181 said:

I would like to briefly point out that with a Master's Degree in Elementary Education from ASU that I am therefore much better educated than my punctuation challenged Husband who does not have any postgraduate schooling (sorry Honey, reading a Tony Robbins books doesn't really count) and suffers from the delusion that an ASU degree includes a stripper pole.

Does a Cal degree include a pound of pot?

Plus Sparky is much cuter than Oski!

-Mrs Shockster

That is awesome! Mrs Shockster made a guest appearance. Lol.
First Page Last Page
Page 22 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.