cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,278,824 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
socaltownie;842121173 said:

Shocky - I would only point out that Cameroon is part of the commonwealth and thus English is fairly widespread - at least among the political and economic elites.

I agree with your point but a bit different than many foreign students.

como tele vouz socal?

roger moute a bidias' first langauge is french...his ability to quickly learn english as reflected by his well articulated speech bodes well for his future academic success at cal

merci beaucoup..au revoir

treschicparisianwomenaresmokinhot#
georgevisthebesthotelinparis#
morfontaineisthebestgolfcourseinfrance#
SFCityBear
mikecohen;842120629 said:

In relationships, the main honesty thing is to be honest with yourself. As to the other(s) in the relationship: Although it sounds un-ideal, the most honest thing is to live up to the burden of judging what the other(s) is/are capable of receiving in a way that furthers the communication. If the judgment is that expressing what you believe to be the truth will meet with resistance to the truth, the best alternative is to find a way to communicate it that will get past the resistance. Failing the insight to find that, the alternative is to wait until you have that insight. One has to accept the arrogance that comes with the necessity of such judgment; and one has to live with the fact that, in making such judgment (as with everything else), everybody is far from perfect. So, what if one judges that the other(s) can receive the information in a constructive way, but one turns out to be wrong? The better judgments are lessons from such failures. But what's the remedy for mistakenly withholding the truth? The only answer I can think of is that, all things being equal, withholding the truth is not something one can live with for very long; and the more one has to do it, the weaker the relationship(s).

You put a lot of thought into this. I have an ex-girlfriend who I am sure would like to meet you. We used to talk about this stuff for hours. I got exhausted. The flame went out. For me anyway.

Charles McCabe wrote another column once, describing the research work done by some psychologists on couples with successful relationships. They chose the research subjects by interviewing people and asking them which of their married friends seemed to have the happiest successful relationships. They then selected several of those couples for their research.

The psychologists then placed hidden microphones in places where the couple would spend time together, like their home (kitchen, bedroom, living room) and their car. They recorded their conversations, to try and study what happy, successful couples talked about, and what their conversation was like. The single thing they found that all the couples had in common was that they seldom talked to each other, and when they did, they said very little. In the car, for example, they all said little, except to discuss the directions to whatever place they were driving to.

I am fascinated when I see young couples out to dinner or elsewhere in public, and they are not talking with each other. They are both on their i-phone, or their i-pad, or similar device, each communicating with someone else. Do they ever talk to each other?
SFCityBear
socaltownie;842121173 said:

Shocky - I would only point out that Cameroon is part of the commonwealth and thus English is fairly widespread - at least among the political and economic elites.

I agree with your point but a bit different than many foreign students.

I'd only add that Cameroon is also a member state of la Francophonie. 90% of the country was formerly a French colony. 70% of the people speak French, and 30% speak English, and French is much more widely understood. The area which was formerly under British control has grown increasingly alienated from the Cameroon government, and has threatened to secede. It got a little violent a few years ago, which may be one of the reasons Roger went overseas to study.
mikecohen
SFCityBear;842121192 said:

You put a lot of thought into this. I have an ex-girlfriend who I am sure would like to meet you. We used to talk about this stuff for hours. I got exhausted. The flame went out. For me anyway.

Charles McCabe wrote another column once, describing the research work done by some psychologists on couples with successful relationships. They chose the research subjects by interviewing people and asking them which of their married friends seemed to have the happiest successful relationships. They then selected several of those couples for their research.

The psychologists then placed hidden microphones in places where the couple would spend time together, like their home (kitchen, bedroom, living room) and their car. They recorded their conversations, to try and study what happy, successful couples talked about, and what their conversation was like. The single thing they found that all the couples had in common was that they seldom talked to each other, and when they did, they said very little. In the car, for example, they all said little, except to discuss the directions to whatever place they were driving to.

I am fascinated when I see young couples out to dinner or elsewhere in public, and they are not talking with each other. They are both on their i-phone, or their i-pad, or similar device, each communicating with someone else. Do they ever talk to each other?

Not really a lot of thought. The ideas or insights come in flashes over time, and, once clear to me, the judgments come more efficiently (more and more with trial and error). This thread of thought came from seeing that, although I like to talk through a subject to its natural conclusion to the benefit of all, more often than not, I found people unwilling to follow through, and so I honored that. Just for fun: It seems to me that what happened to you is that your ex failed to see who she was supposedly trying to communicate with.

I seem to recall reading about a study in some newspaper in an article that seemed to indicate that the study had some credibility (it certainly rang true). The study compared couples, one group involved in "active listening" - a form of really trying to understand the other by a kind of trial and error, and the other group where the man simply said the equivalent of "Yes, Dear". Which couples do you think reported more satisfaction with their relationships? At the risk of obviousness: If you thought it was the "active listening" couples, you would have been wrong.
socaltownie
Shocky1;842121175 said:

como tele vouz socal?

roger moute a bidias' first langauge is french...his ability to quickly learn english as reflected by his well articulated speech bodes well for his future academic success at cal

merci beaucoup..au revoir

treschicparisianwomenaresmokinhot#
georgevisthebesthotelinparis#
morfontaineisthebestgolfcourseinfrance#

No I get that. But I would just contrast Cameroon, with a sigificant Anglo-phone presence, to a francaphone country like Haiti or Senegal, where English is very rare.
Shocky1
south bender;842120293 said:

Agreed.

For a guy who gets little respect from many Kravish as shot blocker contributed plenty to last year's squad putting on best overall defensive performance since Newll's teams.

Go Bears!

shout out to the golden achievement bb winner (highest gpa on the team) & future driver of a lamborghinni lp 570-4 superleggra edizionne tecnica in 10 years david kravish at today's annual academic honors luncheon at haas pavillion

the shockster watches "what not to wear" with his fashionista daughters shay & taylor and it must be reported that dk's regrettable decision to wear clashing black slacks with a black shirt accessoried by a black tie with green snowmen on it (which looks like a xmas present from aunt mildred) will NOT help him with the ladies...

just sayin'

dress sharp#
work hard die last#
concordtom
Hey DK: You're just the kind of guy that I'm looking to hook my daughters up with. They are a bit younger than you, but if you are willing to wait, they will be worth it. Some of us like snowmen AND your aunt mildred! I don't want no stinkin' lambowhatever in my driveway and am not impressed by sharp dressed men. Modesty and plainness will win the hand of my princesses, I can only hope. And don't think I'm kidding! I would agree, however, that snowmen in May is a noteworthy jab. Please reserve the tie for Dec 15th - Jan 2. This is California, after all.

Shocky1
concordtom;842121253 said:

Hey DK: You're just the kind of guy that I'm looking to hook my daughters up with. They are a bit younger than you, but if you are willing to wait, they will be worth it. Some of us like snowmen AND your aunt mildred! I don't want no stinkin' lambowhatever in my driveway and am not impressed by sharp dressed men. Modesty and plainness will win the hand of my princesses, I can only hope. And don't think I'm kidding! I would agree, however, that snowmen in May is a noteworthy jab. Please reserve the tie for Dec 15th - Jan 2. This is California, after all.

snowmen&auntmildredrgrate#
stu
Oh-oh. I have a whole shirt made out of that necktie fabric. And I wear it with black pants. But I already have my princess...
Shocky1
stu;842121272 said:

Oh-oh. I have a whole shirt made out of that necktie fabric. And I wear it with black pants. But I already have my princess...

stu, let's face it, david isn't winning any bonus style pts by wearing the white sticker name badge too

dk: "hi, i'm david" (points to name tag)

group: "hi david"

dk: "next season i'm going to lead the pac 12 in blocked shots & i'm also almost a straight a student at one of the toughest academic universisites in the world"

group: "that's good, david"

dk: "but sometimes before i'm going to ace an organic chemistry final or write a 60+ page analysis of the sociological changes for reptiles living in enviornmentally impaired habitats, i like to have a root beer or two"

group: "ohhhhh no......"

joanriversisacruelbitch#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842120262 said:

roger very much enjoyed his official visit to cal and is now flying back to mass...apparently he did not realize that berkelely is such a cosmopolitan, multiculturally diverse urban environment

rmab will next confer with his mom & dad back in cameroon and his #1 advisor, big bro luc richard of the milwaukee bucks...he will then either commit to the bears or keep on taking more official visits to marquette, etc...reclassifying to 2014 is also an option but less likely now that he is fully cleared

an early quote in his recruitment offers an important clue: "the thing i like the most is how cal mixes academics and athletics at the same time...i'm very interested in having a great career but i want to go somewhere where i can have good academics"

rmab scrimmaged at haas, observed a s&c workout (which is critical if he is to fully develop his current 6'7" 190 lbs frame) and attended the cal team awards banquet at memorial (very impressed by the spectacular view of the bay)

among the cal team awards:

puff daddy combs award (player most likely to be driving a porsche cayenne turbo next year): alan crabbe

back to the future award (player most likely to be driving a lamborghinni lp 570-4 superleggra edizione tecnica in 10 years): david kravish

nelson mandela award (player most likely to contribute to the betterment of africa): bak bak

blue cross/blue shield award (players that most need to stay healthy next season): ricky kreklow & christian behrens

joe francis girls gone wild award: jeff powers

hollywood award (player most likely to become a superhero in a major studio thriller): robert thurman

2013 pac 12 mvp award (player most likely to become the 4th bear to win the pac 12 mvp award in the last 5 years): justin cobbs*

*please note that this award is contingent upon jc developing a dedicated yoga practice this summer to eliminate his obvious angst and become better balanced both physically & mentally (like the shockster) with less of a perpetual pissed off/constipated demeanor

willie beamon stfu award (player most dissed by wb with the opportunity to become a nba 2nd round choice in 2013 with continued development): richard solomon

mr happy award (best teammate): tyrone wallace

the university of california, berkelely=#1 ranked public university in the world

awards update:

last nickel award (player most likely to give a teammate/homeless guy the shirt off his back): brandon smith

mile high club (coach most likely to fly to iceland to check out a 4th grader with a sweet jumper & 98% on his last spelling test): gregg gottlieb

the wizard of oz (coach behind the scenes making it all happen): jay john

handyman award (coach most likely to make coffee, break down an oppenent's gamefilm, text a recruit in socal & write ivan a handwritten letter before 9:30 am): john montgomery

work hard, die last award (s&c): scott thom & barry parsons
SFCityBear
mikecohen;842121215 said:

Not really a lot of thought. The ideas or insights come in flashes over time, and, once clear to me, the judgments come more efficiently (more and more with trial and error). This thread of thought came from seeing that, although I like to talk through a subject to its natural conclusion to the benefit of all, more often than not, I found people unwilling to follow through, and so I honored that. Just for fun: It seems to me that what happened to you is that your ex failed to see who she was supposedly trying to communicate with.

I seem to recall reading about a study in some newspaper in an article that seemed to indicate that the study had some credibility (it certainly rang true). The study compared couples, one group involved in "active listening" - a form of really trying to understand the other by a kind of trial and error, and the other group where the man simply said the equivalent of "Yes, Dear". Which couples do you think reported more satisfaction with their relationships? At the risk of obviousness: If you thought it was the "active listening" couples, you would have been wrong.

The ones who said "Yes, Dear", likely recognized the woman just wanted to talk, so let's just let her talk. All women have problems, and they like to tell someone about them. They don't necessarily want to do anything to solve the problem. They don't necessarily want your advice. They just want to tell you about it. They have their own agenda, and they will solve the problem if they want to, or they may just want to go on talking or complaining about it.

Men, on the other hand, don't have much of an agenda, and would like to just live their life with the least amount of hassle. When a woman starts telling them about some problem, the man's first response is usually to tell her how to fix the problem. This is usually futile, because all the woman wants to do is talk about it. Sometimes, she just wants sympathy, When the man realizes that giving advice is, more often than not, going to be futile, then he will start resorting to the "Yes, Dear" response. I could be totally wrong, but that is how I see it.
south bender
SFCityBear;842121351 said:

The ones who said "Yes, Dear", likely recognized the woman just wanted to talk, so let's just let her talk. All women have problems, and they like to tell someone about them. They don't necessarily want to do anything to solve the problem. They don't necessarily want your advice. They just want to tell you about it. They have their own agenda, and they will solve the problem if they want to, or they may just want to go on talking or complaining about it.

Men, on the other hand, don't have much of an agenda, and would like to just live their life with the least amount of hassle. When a woman starts telling them about some problem, the man's first response is usually to tell her how to fix the problem. This is usually futile, because all the woman wants to do is talk about it. Sometimes, she just wants sympathy, When the man realizes that giving advice is, more often than not, going to be futile, then he will start resorting to the "Yes, Dear" response. I could be totally wrong, but that is how I see it.

Come on, SFCB, do you really believe that women are distinct from men in having problems?.

Go Bears!
NYCGOBEARS

Actually, I think you nailed it.
NYCGOBEARS
south bender;842121353 said:

Come on, SFCB, do you really believe that women are distinct from men in having problems?.

Go Bears!

I didn't read it that way. I thought him to mean that the perception of what is a problem is different between men and women.
SFCityBear
south bender;842121353 said:

Go Bears!

Please, SB, I don't think I said that. Of course men have problems. And that is a whole other discussion. When most men are faced with a problem, their usual inclination is usually to try and solve it. The sexes are different, and they respond differently to situations and statements, and "vive la difference!"

:beer:
82gradDLSdad

Not me! After 30 years with my wife and 27 with my daughter I've come to the same conclusion. The women in my life like to talk about what is bothering them and don't want me to propose solutions unless they explicitly ask. Most of the time they are not asking, they just want to vent.
calumnus
82gradDLSdad;842121385 said:

Not me! After 30 years with my wife and 27 with my daughter I've come to the same conclusion. The women in my life like to talk about what is bothering them and don't want me to propose solutions unless they explicitly ask. Most of the time they are not asking, they just want to vent.

Agree, this is commonly my experience as well. The book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" (and resulting fortune--note to self, simple one idea books make big bucks) is based on this simple observation.

I think to avoid sexism, we should just keep in mind that these are generalizations. Not all women (or men) are alike. Not every woman only wants to vent, some men like to vent, etc., etc. that said....

As men, it pays to pay attention to the woman you are talking with. I know I like to talk, so the best gift I can give is often attentive silence. Maybe a few questions to show you are paying attention. Hold off on offering a solution until asked, or if I can't resist, ask if I can offer a solution.
89Bear
82gradDLSdad;842121385 said:

Yep times a million...
antipattern
What the hell is going on in this thread? Can we get it back on one of its half-dozen other topics?
sluggo_Cal
antipattern;842121448 said:

What the hell is going on in this thread? Can we get it back on one of its half-dozen other topics?

I like the direction is has taken and agree with the majority opinion on the difference between men and women. Women mostly just want to be "heard." Don't offer advice unless it is requested.

Sluggo
mikecohen

the Sign of a Sick Mind
Shocky1
south bender;842120459 said:

Wonderful job by the coaching staff!

I believe I have read on this site that our latest brings some strong defensive energy.

Am guessing that will earn him time early on.

Can't wait for next season.

Go Bears!

sb, 100% agreed that mr cranky pants, travis decuire, gregg gottlieb & johnny montgomery are all much more focused & intense on the recruiting trail and that the vastly improved results reflect their relentless work identifying & offering players earlier along with building deeper relationships with players & their families/mentors

who is the wizard of cal bb, the man behind the scenes that makes it all happen?

that would be jay john, the assistant ad of basketball development

several of the large wildcat donors i know in the valley have told me they think jj was the cat- aylst behind the lute era & have told me they think jj knows more about xxx's & ooo's than sm (who they love as a recruiter)

jay john told me today that david kravish "weighed 197 lbs when he arrived on campus in june 2011 and played this year between 217-219 lbs" and that "230 lbs would seem to be an ideal weight"...jj also mentioned that dk's "confidence should grow as a scorer with two years under his belt as he does shoot a good percentage"

jj is a great guy despite his sketchy background as a native tucsonan & an arizona alum...oh well, my current 1st wife kat went to asu (think she double majored in spelling & porn)

jjisawizard#
south bender
Shocky1;842121535 said:

sb, 100% agreed that mr cranky pants, travis decuire, gregg gottlieb & johnny montgomery are all much more focused & intense on the recruiting trail and that the vastly improved results reflect their relentless work identifying & offering players earlier along with building deeper relationships with players & their families/mentors

who is the wizard of cal bb, the man behind the scenes that makes it all happen?

several of the large wildcat donors i know in the valley have told me they think jj was the cat- aylst behind the lute era & have told me they think jj knows more about xxx's & ooo's than sm (who they love as a recruiter)

jay john told me today that david kravish "weighed 197 lbs when he arrived on campus in june 2011 and played this year between 217-219 lbs" and that "230 lbs would seem to be an ideal weight"...jj also mentioned that dk's "confidence should grow as a scorer with two years under his belt as he does shoot a good percentage"

jj is a great guy despite his sketchy background as a native tucsonan & an arizona alum...oh well, my current 1st wife kat went to asu (think she double majored in spelling & porn)

jjisawizard#

Which of her double majors sold you on her? Or was it both that corralled you?

Go Bears!
south bender
Shocky1;842121535 said:

jjisawizard#

Since the man at the top takes the criticism, I would argue that he deserves the ultimate credit for the apparent recruiting turnaround, with all due respect for JJ.

Go Monty!

Go Bears!
concordtom

Our 5 recruits (plus Rorie) recently got together for some talk about their future at Cal.
Bird reportedly ate the cameraman after this image was taken, as a camera with this image inside was found at the scene.

Shocky1
south bender;842121575 said:

Which of her double majors sold you on her? Or was it both that corralled you?

Go Bears!

probebly the sexond skell sett two bee anhest wit u

spelling matters#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842120544 said:

...to berkeley, california

bleu, thx you for drawing attention to the subtle nuances between countries within africa

while bak bak (who is originally from sudan and raised in nairobi, kenya) played a role in visiting with richard moute a bidias (cameroon) at the team banquet at memorial, i agree that it would make sense for rmab to host idrissa diallo (senegal) on his official visit (the critical 2013 bb official visit dates could be the frenzied ohio state fb game weekend in sept)...diallo (who is likely a ucla, usc & cal battle imo) will also visit berkeley this summer with his hs coach william meadowbrooks (longtime & well regarded so cal coach w/a longtime friendship with alan crabbe)

like the entire current cal bb team, diallo is an excellent student athelte with a 3.33 gpa...athletically he is as gifted as devon hardin and is the top 2014 bears big man priority (along with thomas welsh, evan fitzer & maybe sami if he enrolls at sfcc this summer) to join potential mcdonalds all american facilitator/scorer amhaad rorie

what are diallo's longterm goals?

"my goal is to be able to travel back to africa and help people...there are a lot of problems there, things like not enough clean drinking water...i have two sisters and women there aren't always treated well so i want to be able to help them too"

absolutely the best article i have ever read in the daily cal is jonathan kuperberg's feb 13th "morning glory: bak bak's seach for a home" which factually (and emotionally) chronicles bak bak being born in to war and then traversing the globe for survial

in my quest of playing the world's top 100 golf courses, i traveled (a 10 hr nonstop to heathrow followed by another 10 hr flight to cape town) for a 3 week tour of africa

while durban cc is the golfing gem of africa with its wildly natural & undulating fairways (monkeys steal your balls on the 7th fairway) plays thru the jungle with views of the indian ocean, the highlight for me of this special day was my caddie "jordan" (wore a chicago bulls cap)...we walked & talked for 36 holes re: music & food with him providing local commentary regarding the then upcoming world cup soccer competition to be hosted by his country...at the end of the rounds, despite the local caddie fee being $9 usd in south african rand currency, i gave jordan my usual caddie payment of $100 usd per round plus my golf shoes (his tennis shoes had holes in them held together by tape) & we shook hands in saying our goodbyes (until we meet again)

while cape town first reminded me of sydney (and auckland) with its sun drenched weather and ocean port city with ultra high end hotels (stayed at the uber lux 12 apostles) backed by a magnificient mountain range (table mountain overlooks nelson mandela's prison island off shore), a visit to a shantytown quickly erases those comparisons

the most exciiting thing i have ever done in my life (thus far) is going on safari at the mala mala resort (which is reached by a small private plane) in kruger national park...being yards away from the "big 5" creatures is beyond words and an experience that everyone with the opportunity to visit africa should not miss

giraffes matter#

another highly recommended african adventure a taxi ride nw of cape town is the borders beach penguin colony...penguins are highly sociable creatures that make lots of noise, dote on their young ones, hassle & sometimes fight with their rivals, show their affection with their loved ones, etc...gotta love those adorable tuxs they wear & their scooty walks

the only other warm weather penguin colony i've seen are the fairy penguins on phillips island near melbourne...after playing royal melbourne's composite course and/or kingston heath (both are alistair mckenzie sandbelt gems), there's nothing better than checking out the penguins with the family in the evening before heading back to the langham to freshen up before dinner in the very cosmpolitan city centre

johnny dawkins reminds me of a know it all & bossy pain in the azz male penguin...he lectures each player before & after they leave the court and the players seem to be rolling their eyes as he pointlessly patrols the cards penguin bench

shockster prediction: the cards will win 20+ games next season (but still finish behind the bears) & then be "upset" in the opening round of the ncaa tnt

then the cards will graduate 6 srs

in 2014 jd will then lose 20+ games & he will be fired...the low pt will be a loss to texas southern at home in front of 892 bored spectators at maples

march of the stanford penguins#
antipattern
Glad to see this thread back on topic!

I wanted to second the incredible Kruger Park recommendation. It's been over 30 years, so I may have romanticized some of this, but I remember:

Hiding food and cameras from some kind of primate (baboons?), as if they saw them they'd jump on your car and bang on the windows, and stay on no matter how fast you went. They seemed to enjoy it.

Having two cheetahs (they're rarely seen) jump out of the tall grass onto a fallen tree log to have a stretch and a look around just 50 ft from our car.

Seeing a whole pride of lions -- males, females and cubs -- apparently just fed and relaxing at a water hole, while all the rest of the animals stood around them in a wide circle, waiting for them to move on so they could drink. They were arranged in hierarchical rings -- bolder animals like hyenas and wild pigs on the inside, out to the perimeter with the impala and wildebeests. Every one of them staring tensely at the lions in the center.

Walking out among a herd of giraffes during a bush walk. Picking up some small round objects and asking "are these acorns?" and being told, "no that's impala crap."

And to be pedantic for just a moment: there's no jungle at the Durban CC. I believe they would call that "the bush".
Shocky1
antipattern;842121611 said:

Glad to see this thread back on topic!

I wanted to second the incredible Kruger Park recommendation. It's been over 30 years, so I may have romanticized some of this, but I remember:

Hiding food and cameras from some kind of primate (baboons?), as if they saw them they'd jump on your car and bang on the windows, and stay on no matter how fast you went. They seemed to enjoy it.

Having two cheetahs (they're rarely seen) jump out of the tall grass onto a fallen tree log to have a stretch and a look around just 50 ft from our car.

Seeing a whole pride of lions -- males, females and cubs -- apparently just fed and relaxing at a water hole, while all the rest of the animals stood around them in a wide circle, waiting for them to move on so they could drink. They were arranged in hierarchical rings -- bolder animals like hyenas and wild pigs on the inside, out to the perimeter with the impala and wildebeests. Every one of them staring tensely at the lions in the center.

Walking out among a herd of giraffes during a bush walk. Picking up some small round objects and asking "are these acorns?" and being told, "no that's impala crap."

And to be pedantic for just a moment: there's no jungle at the Durban CC. I believe they would call that "the bush".

you are correct, sir

south african vernacular would stipulate the tropical outgrowth as "the bush" but try telling that to the damn monkey that stole my pro v from the fairway of the short 340 yd par 4 dogleg right 7th hole at durban cc...then she climbed up a neighboring tree in the bush & shamelessly laughed at me

free drop#
Shocky1
opinions are like butts, everyone has one...of course, j-lo & rihanna's derrieres draw more attention than oskis

so how good is amhaad rorie?

dave telep: ranks ar among the top 5 pgs in the usa for 2014..."in an era where true leadership and the ability to lead a team are rare, rorie solves any deficiency the cal bears might have at the point"

josh gershon: "i like amhaad rorie...i think he's gonna be a good player" but prefers diminutive (and often injured) arizona commit parker jackson-cartwright quite a bit more in terms of west coast pgs

jim mcgill (moraga bear): "rorie's amongst the top pgs in the nation as he's continued to develop his game, his leadership and his body"

john foletta: "i love rorie's game...a true point guard, rorie has nice handles, solid vision and a refined shot...put him at the top of the key in an isolation set and he'll either burn your defense or draw multiple defenders...either way, he'll make you pay"

at least one member of the cal coaching staff: ar is a top 50 talent

aubrey shelton: as coach of lincoln hs he has implored ar (and the rest of the abes) to more consistently take his d intensity to the next level...shelton told me that ar shot 45% 3 pters this season as a jr, that's an amazing statistic comparable to a rb rushing for 2500 yds...for comparison purposes, the bears shot an abysmal 30% from the longer college 3 pt line this season

amhaad rorie: "i won't feel satisfied until moms stops workin"

the shockster: with an academically elite 3.8 gpa, ar is the best student athlete pg from the 2014 class on planet earth & is an ideal cal fit as a distriubtor/facilitator & scorer

beyonce: "amhaad is the man...if he lived in cali instead of the cold azz northwest, i would probably go to his hs prom with him"

fly with the bird#
california dreamin#
work hard, die last#

the university of california berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world
Shocky1
Shocky1;842116394 said:

firm cal commit (thx travis) and potential 2014 mcdonalds all american facilitator/scorer amhaad rorie continues his upward trajectory ascension in leading his northwest (cold azz) panthers to the championship game of the addidas exclusive run tnt in dallas...evan daniels noted ar as a top 5 tnt player that "made shots from mid-range out to three, created for teammates and showed an all around improved game"...did i mention that ar also has a 3.8 gpa?

represent the bay#
2014 bears monster class#
university of california, berkelely=#1 ranked public university in the world

the above achievements in dallas are made even more impressive by ar not only serving his teammates as a player but also as a coach...the northwest panthers coach was not ncaa certified & was not allowed to participate in this tnt so the high bb iq & relationship savvy amhaad handled that role too

ar's leadership & upside will be fun to watch at haas
puget sound cal fan
Love it!
HoopDreams
Keep it rolling Shockster
Rorie coming just in time to take the keys from PG Cobbs who's gonna have a huge year next season

Shocky1;842121959 said:

opinions are like butts, everyone has one...of course, j-lo & rihanna's derrieres draw more attention than oskis

so how good is amhaad rorie?

dave telep: ranks ar among the top 5 pgs in the usa for 2014..."in an era where true leadership and the ability to lead a team are rare, rorie solves any deficiency the cal bears might have at the point"

josh gershon: "i like amhaad rorie...i think he's gonna be a good player" but prefers diminutive (and often injured) arizona commit parker jackson-cartwright quite a bit more in terms of west coast pgs

jim mcgill (moraga bear): "rorie's amongst the top pgs in the nation as he's continued to develop his game, his leadership and his body"

john foletta: "i love rorie's game...a true point guard, rorie has nice handles, solid vision and a refined shot...put him at the top of the key in an isolation set and he'll either burn your defense or draw multiple defenders...either way, he'll make you pay"

kameron chatman: top 50 player out of portland, currently in long beach says "i'm good friends with amhaad...i was talking to him the other day and he was telling me about the school in general and why cal is the best school for him"

at least one member of the cal coaching staff: ar is a top 50 talent

aubrey shelton: as coach of lincoln hs he has implored ar (and the rest of the abes) to more consistently take his d intensity to the next level...shelton told me that ar shot 45% 3 pters this season as a jr, that's an amazing statistic comparable to a rb rushing for 2500 yds...for comparison purposes, the bears shot an abysmal 30% from the longer college 3 pt line this season

amhaad rorie: "i won't feel satisfied until moms stops workin"

the shockster: with an academically elite 3.8 gpa, ar is the best student athlete pg from the 2014 class on planet earth & is an ideal cal fit as a distriubtor/facilitator & scorer

beyonce: "amhaad is the man...if he lived in cali instead of the cold azz northwest, i would probably go to his hs prom with him"

2014 mcdonalds all star game#
fly with the bird#
california dreamin#
work hard, die last#

the university of california berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world
Shocky1
ocean league mvp & volume scorer (25 ppg) jordan matthews co shared west team scoring honors with ucla's zach lavine (who won the slam dunk contest friday night) as both knocked down 19 pts as the west won a 123-121 (d anyone?) thriller in the inaugural west coast all star classic in kent, washington

the east produced an unlikely mvp in eric mika, a byu forward who played well on both ends of the court with 28 pts

josh gershon has told me that jm's "got the talent and mindset to be a classic overachiever"...that sounds like a backhanded compliment to me sort of like "i'm really impressed with his ability to fully comprehend children's books...for an arizona grad"

just kidding (sort of)...don't need jay john & sean rooks all over my biz

represent the bay#
fly with the bird#
work hard, die last#

the unversity of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world
First Page Last Page
Page 21 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.