cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,264,706 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842521621 said:

jeff goodman is reporting that the emotionally distraught arizona head coach had the following paranoid conversation with his pool guy trevor (an arizona grad) this morning at his catalina foothils home (which is at the end of a cul de sac of a mediocre cartball course):

trevor the pool guy: "mr miller, would you like me to sweep the pool steps today?"

sean miller (putting down the 2 glazed with sprinkles donuts he's eating for breakfast along with a zero coke): "what the **** are you talking about?...you think we lose twice to wisconsin and now cal is gonna sweep us next season?...quit ******* with me"

trevor: "mr miller, all i'm saying is..."

sean: "look pal, i'm know exactly what you're saying, do you think i'm ******* stupid?...that cal and that bald azz coach is gonna be the new alpha dog in the pac 12...trust me, i hear exactly what you're saying...if you don't like cleaning my pool, you should get the **** out of here and go clean the pools at asu"

josh gershon is now reporting the following tense arizona staff meeting from the bowels of mckale this morning:

sean: "what's going on with you ugly dumb azz clowns?...did you watch the mcdonalds game, allonzo trier jacked up 20 shots, what's up with that?"

joe: "coach, i think..."

sean: "shut the **** up, joe, don't talk unless i ask you to talk, ok?...you're the dumb azz who told me to jettison tyler dorsey and his little league dad for trier...if i wanted a guard to jack up a million lousy shots a game we could've kept td"

damon: "coach, what does jettison mean?"

sean: "shut the **** up, damon...you really are stupid, where did you go to college?"

silence in the room

sean: "look, all i ask is that you dumb azz bitches get me 3-4 basketball players a year that all they wanna to do is play basketball with a basketball on the basketball floor, is that asking for too much?...it's not like cal or stanford where you gotta find guys that can actually read and **** like that"

sean scarfs down the final chocolate glazed donut with fuchsia sprinkles from the double sized box

sean: "if that bald azz guy in berkeley gets his program ahead of my program next season, you sorry broken down candy azz soft clowns are gonna be busing tables at the applebees on craycroft"

miller storms out of the room & the door slams closed

damon (shaking his head): "you got yours printed up?"

joe: "yeah, i'm a step ahead, mine will be ready at kinkos at 5:30 pm today"

sean miller needs a yoga practice#

********************************************************************************

jason scheer is reporting that tucson is a dump & that sean miller had the following heated conversation at his catalina foothills home (on a mediocre golf course for chunky monkey cartballers):

amy miller: "come on sean, put down the maple glazed donuts and come swim with me and the kids"

sean miller (looking at his bloated belly while taking a couple more bites): "that doesn't sound like any fun"

amy: "sweetie, things aren't that bad, didn't you out recruit cal for one guy this year?"

sean: "are you ******* kidding?...mark ******* tollefsen?

amy: "fine, throw a pity party for yourself"

sean: "trust me, i will"

sean (petting his dog lute on the head): "lute, you're really my only friend, how do you think next season is gonna be vs cal?"

lute (wagging his tail): "ruf"

**********************************************************************************

adam schimdt is tweeting he overheard the following angry interaction from the bowels of mckale this morning:

athletic director greg bryne: "sean, gotta be honest here, i'm a little more than worried about your stress levels and behavior these days, you're cursing at your staff daily and gaining a lot of weight...jim and arte are concerned too"

sean (wiping his mouth with his arizona golf shirt to get the red & blue sprinkles off his lips while picking up another donut): "what the **** are you talkin' about?"

greg (with a sigh): "why did damon leave for basically a lateral position at memphis?"

sean (talking with his mouth full): "who knows, who cares, him and josh always had some weird **** going on, anyways we don't need any more guys from the northwest to be successful"

greg: "do you think you'll be able to beat cal 3 times again next season?"

sean picks up the dunkin' donuts variety pack box in front of him, tucks it under his arm & walks out while slamming the door...he really, really likes them variety boxes, he's multiple that way

seasons change, people change, the balance of power in the pac 12 is changing, sean miller is never gonna change & stop eating them heart attack hand grenades, he loves them dunkin' donuts...who knew that huf is the lead singer for future islands?

***********************************************************************************

greg hansen is reporting the following private client/patient conversation between sean miller & the chair of the university medical center's psychiatric department:

sean (glumly laying down on the sofa while morosely picking the blue sprinkles off a chocolate glazed maple bar): "what up, doc?"

dr kalbearski: "sean, a lot of people are worried about you including amy, are you in a good place these days?"

sean (sarcastically): "other than the balance of power in the pac 12 shifting from tucson to berkeley, what would i be upset about?...we lost ivan rabb and jaylen brown to that bald azz guy and now not even loyal wildcats like sean rooks and steve kerr will send their kids to me"

dr kalbearski: "sean, i think it's important that you keep a balanced perspective to ensure your mental health, that you try to maintain a realistic appraisal of your current environment"

sean: "what the **** are you talkin' about?"

dr kalbearski: "tuscon is a dump"

tuscon's #1 ranked hotel, the legendary tucson inn

*************************************************************************************
eric bossi is reporting the following conversation from the dunkin' donuts on ina road this evening:

amy miller: "honey, relax, losing tj leaf isn't the end of the world, right?"

sean miller (stuffing a strawberry jam maple bar in his mouth): "are you serious, we're probably gonna lose him to ucla and them adidas shoes and that totally ***** up our chances with jaylen hands visiting this weekend, might as well just get drunk again during his visit, we got zero ******* chance now"

amy: (sipping a diet dr pepper): "kinda weird how all the arizona fans thought your being coach of the usa team would help recruiting"

sean: "our fans are around 90 years old and live in retirement communities in green valley, they don't know ****"

amy: "well at least you got to spend time with archie"

sean: "**** archie, he never shares them donuts, he's just a greedy chunky monkey"

amy: "sweetie, what's really bothering you?"

sean: "that bald azz guy in berkeley is closing the gap on our program, i'd really like to kick the crap out of that shocky guy too, he's ******* annoying"

amy: "i really wish you wouldn't swear so much around the kids & maybe you could pay more attention to us, ok?"

sean (glumly): "what?"

bear down#

"cal is going to be a terrific team...cuonzo martin and his staff have done a tremendous job...i'm not saying this because coach is here but mike montgomery did a great job as well...i think what cal has done is they blend two elements a lot like we have done the last two years in that they have an influx of new talent that are among the best but also a veteran group that has been coach well, that has been through multiple pac 12 seasons and that have the opportunity to to be all conference players, players like tyrone wallace and jabari bird and those guys are good players as well"

-sean miller, noted donut expert, at the pac 12 media day

jordan mathews, is it ******* acceptable to you that sean miller doesn't think you are an all conference player?...when you play them arizona wildcats make sure he learns who you are, i can't breathe
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]See video about [COLOR="#0000FF"]TODAY'S 7PM[/COLOR] event here....[/SIZE]

[COLOR="#0000FF"][SIZE=5]https://twitter.com/hashtag/HaasHoopsHysteria?src=hash[/SIZE][/COLOR]

HoopDreams;842571977 said:

Free Event Offers Food, Games, Prizes and Chance to Preview Cal's Men's and Women's Basketball Teams

BERKELEY Cal's men's and women's basketball teams are giving their fans a sneak preview of what to expect this season with Haas Hoops Hysteria on Friday, Oct. 16, a free special event for students and fans of all ages that will feature interactive games with the Golden Bears and plenty of chances to win prizes.

The festivities will get underway at 7 p.m. with a party on Spieker Plaza, before everyone moves inside a newly renovated Haas Pavilion at 8 p.m. The first 500 students to the event will receive free pizza.

Cal students will be able to swipe their ID cards to earn the chance to compete in several contests. Among the take-home opportunities are Nike team gear, courtside seats for the Cal-Arizona men's game and the Cal-Nebraska women's game, and free books for the spring semester. Students can also earn five points on the Bench Rewards App towards a trip to the 2016 Pac-12 men's basketball tournament in Las Vegas.

In addition to student-athletes from both squads, head coaches Cuonzo Martin and Lindsay Gottlieb will be on hand along with the Cal Straw Hat Band, Cal's dance and cheer teams, the Rally Committee, Mic Men and Oski. Fans will also get a good look at the new center-hung scoreboard and other amenities added to Haas Pavilion since the end of last season.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=4][COLOR="#0000CD"]http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2015/10/15/9529143/cal-basketball-recruiting-jaylen-brown-ivan-rabb[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
Quote:

what are the key characteristics of successfully targeted cal basketball student athletes?

1) #1 ranked public university in the world: a prospective recruit has to value the educational component of the cal experience in order to make a commitment to the necessary academic workload...therefore quotes from high schoolers (both basketball & football players) that will become future california golden bears usually include an acknowledgment that "a big part of my collegiate decision today is that cal is the number one public university in the world that will set me up for life"

2) grade point average (gpa): future california golden bears have got academic ambition...talking about wanting to get better grades like davon dillard & brandon sampson is not the same thing as actually turning off the tv/social media every single night to do the necessary classwork to attain good grades...as the wise marco harris once told me, "men take care of their business"...hopefully oscar frayer & tyson jolly become mentally limitless to lead cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

3) family: coach martin's love train is all about sharing, living & supporting each other in pursuing the dream...guys like tyler dorsey who just wanna "get buckets" for a criminal like dana altman are not a good cal fit

4) diversity: listen to the ivan rabb & jaylen brown welcome to cal videos, they both sincerely mention with smiles on their faces their appreciation of the tremendous diversity at cal...guys who just wanna be around people with the same views & appearances as themselves are better suited at homogenous schools like gonzaga (zach collins)

5) personal development: cal student athletes are not only interested developing/maximizing their basketball skills/potential but also becoming a better person, a true leader in their communities...dumb azzs just wanna play basketball on a basketball court with a basketball and hope they never get injured...let's be real here, guys who go to academically mediocre schools like kentucky, oregon & arizona and then see their careers ended in a split second collision are ******

6) moms: cal basketball players love their moms like the shockster, we will walk to the end of the earth (and then back again) for our moms...dwight tarwater knows what i'm talking about

"victory to me is when you get your moms right"
-tyrone wallace

"no ones gonna love you like your mama..."
-oscar frayer

"i just wanna hand my mom a mil and say do with it as you please"
-tyson jolly

my analysis of vance jackson's recruitment based upon the 6 characteristics specified above is as follows:

1) cal's reputation as the #1 ranked public university in the world did not really matter in his selection of an academically mediocre school like connecticut...this was not a 50 year decision, this was a basketball decision...in fact vance jr stated today "i wanted to go to a pure basketball school," he lacks the necessary ambition to be successful at a school like cal, he's gonna be a basketball player playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball

2) vance jr is an underachieving student athlete in the classroom, connecticut will be a good fit for the jackson family based upon their values...dad vance sr is quoted as saying the 2 schools based upon their official visits were "similar," there was no mention of educational opportunities or potential future fields of study

3) the opportunity to play in front of family in california was not a priority in this decision as evidenced by selecting a school in upstate connecticut...the jacksons are not affluent so potentially traveling in the future to storrs will be a financial hardship

4) diversity did not appear to be a factor at all to vance in selecting a school with an overwhelmingly homogenous student population

5) none of vance jr & vance sr public statements stated personal development or growth as a young man as a priority in his decision...once again, this was a basketball decision, the dad's statements re: both schools focused on playing style & the future usage of their star basketball player

6) playing games in front of moms and/or sharing the collegiate experience with moms did not appear to be a consideration for vance...like the dads of bennie boatwright & tyler dorsey, vance sr is very involved in his son's basketball career which has contributed to his son transferring high schools 3 times (actually 4 if you count mater dei)...note to the staff: if the recruit's dad has a twitter account dedicated to his son's basketball career, that might a red flag

50 year decision#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842560384 said:

let's be real here, the cal's monster class is an invaluable source of priceless information for current & prospective cal student athletes

you don't believe me?

t-wall's social life prior to reading the cal monster class thread...his lipstick is kinda fuschia but that's not the point here

t-wall's girlfriend ms alcantar after reading the cal monster class thread re: the beauty of them curvy brunette yoga females

this is cal basketball#

"it was a promise to my grandfather (charles james johnson) who passed away, so for me to be the first in the family to get that degree, i think it shows my siblings and younger family and relatives that they can go to school and get a degree, it's not all about sports or anything like that...so i think that's why i'm getting my degree"
-tyrone wallace

the above is totally not true, it's all about that curvy brunette yoga girlfriend ms alcantar, right t-wall?

50 year decision#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842571100 said:

"i asked a girl what her favorite soccer team was she responded fly emirates"
-jaylen brown

cal los osos desean a chicas de yoga bonita con pelo negro

who knew that ivan rabb is also the leader singer for love

yoga is the connection#

"i asked a student on campus what there planning for halloween they said i'm going to build an iron man suit"
-jaylen brown, campus lifestyle reporter

Shocky1
Shocky1;842566656 said:

us news is ranking cal #3 in their 2015 collegiate world rankings

a cal degree is like a winning lottery ticket, it will open an unlimited number of doors in the future in your quest to achieve your dreams & goals in life...today's highly competitive global marketplace favors those that are well educated, that's just the way it is...if you go to an academically mediocre school & get injured you are ******, that's why you got to be mentally limitless

but you gotta have academic ambition to graduate from cal, are you willing to do the work?

50 year decision#

"i think what happened (in the past) is that we have a tremendous academic institution...in the recruiting process sometimes that's probably frowned upon and i could never understand why because if my son has the opportunity, he's going to cal, and i'm fighting for that as we speak...but that's what it's about at the end of the day"

"i think the most important thing in recruiting is that you have to make them understand they're student athletes first, then athletes...when they become pros, then they'll become pros...so you have to put a premium on the fact that you can get one of the best degrees in the world"

"when you talk about the number one public institution in the world, number three global university in the world, those are big time numbers...those are the stats as a father that i'm consumed with...the wins will come and go but when you get those types of numbers, you wouldn't be here...and that's how i sell my program...you have to again make them understand the importance of getting a degree...sometimes as young men we're consumed with tomorrow two years down the road"

"but my job as a coach, as a father, as a man is to make them see 10 to 15 years down the road...we have quality young guys we brought in that understand that, as well as their parents understand the most important thing because if you're that good, you'll get to where you're trying to go, what's wrong with also getting one of the best degrees in the world"

-coach martin at pac 12 media day

don't be a dumb azz#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]hopefully the Cal men's basketball team can shoot free throws better than they can pop and lock

the Cal women's basketball beat them in a dance off, and it wasn't even close
[/SIZE]

Shocky1
"win as many basketball games as possible by recruiting low gpa/character non student athletes who engage in criminal behavior, steal/fight both on and off the court and also assault women as long as they don't make any meaningful academic progress while in eugene"

this is oregon basketball#
just do it#

"the new guys are doing a great job of fitting in, playing exciting basketball & not reading books and **** like that...we got a great chance of finishing near the top of the pac 12 and not graduating anyone again"

-criminal dana altman at pac 12 media day
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Coach Sean Miller's Wildcats received 18 first-place votes in a poll of media members announced at Pac-12 media day Thursday. [COLOR="#0000CD"]California is picked to finish second with nine first-place votes under second-year coach Cuonzo Martin. His team has added top recruits Jaylen Brown from Georgia and local Oakland standout Ivan Rabbto join senior returner Tyrone Wallace[/COLOR][/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]as a skinny freshmen who enrolled at GT early, Stephen Domingo was a top 100 sweet shooting wing[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;ha4O-HH49qw][/video]

[SIZE=5]Now after two years working hard in Nicodemus Christopher's S&C program, and bulking up 20 pounds, Domingo is ready to go to battle[/SIZE]
Shocky1
do you got your season tix(s) for potentially the greatest cal basketball team of our lifetimes?

dreams#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842544237 said:

yeah, i asked the vast majority of the bears saturday at lunch who is the messiest bear of them all & one name came up over & over with respects to multiple berkeley health code violations

sorry kam

the hoarder#

so who are the neatest bears of them all?

according to the guys that would be roommates ivan rabb & jaylen brown in their shared suite at the basketball house

ivan told me "it's probably because of the way i was raised"

jaylen told me "i've always been organized, i don't like looking around for my stuff"

i dunno maybe ivan & jaylen could do a hoarder intervention with kam

let's be real here, there's more going on than meets the eye at the basketball house...sorry moms

real talk#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842569342 said:

taylor is asking me when she's gonna see her boyz again, when will she see them again?

sorry sweetie it won't be until cal's epic opening night gala on friday november 13th at 8:00 pm at our palace haas pavilion

will we see you too on that special nite for the ages?...if you see mist in my eyes as i enter the center of the universe that nite it's probably because of the ******* bay area fog, don't be a dumb azz

the magic of cal basketball#

taylor just yelled at me on the way out on the front door with her girlfriends katie & julianna that's it only 26 days until the event of the century on friday november 13th at 8:00 pm at haas pavilion

as a dad, i try to find activities/passions (beyond family travel, dinners, etc.) that i can share with my kids one on one

for kyle (the nick hamilton look a like) it's epic sushi outings, philosophy & yoga (if you've never been to a yoga class in scottsdale, you gotta add that to your bucket list)...for shay it's golf (she's a lefty) & strategizing/checking out her future college options

and for taylor it's cal basketball which combines from her unique perspective fashion, a 2 hour sporting event & really good looking dudes (i do not share that view)

part of the magic of cal basketball is that i see multi generational families from all walks of life spending time together relentlessly cheering for them california golden bears on gamedays at haas pavilion

what are you waiting for, cherish your time with your kids & your parents along with your extended family & closest friends via cal basketball season tix(s)

let's do this

the time is now#
Shocky1

what's more rare, a sighting of the loch ness monster or former mcdonalds all american jabari bird playing defense for them california golden bears?

shut up, shocky#
bearmanpg
Shocky1;842573606 said:

what's more rare, a sighting of the loch ness monster or former mcdonalds all american jabari bird playing defense for them california golden bears?

shut up, shocky#

I have to say, if you don't see Jabari playing D this year, you probably won't see Jabari playing much, too many options to slack off on the defensive end...
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]shocky and bearman,

don't be dissing my man Jabari
dude will be locked in this year, and no way he ain't giving his entire effort on D
[/SIZE]

QUOTE=bearmanpg;842573616]I have to say, if you don't see Jabari playing D this year, you probably won't see Jabari playing much, too many options to slack off on the defensive end...
Shocky1
the 2015/2016 golden bears basketball team got the potential to be the greatest football/basketball (with all due respect to the old timers that experienced pete newell's national championship season) team of our lifetimes

cal's diamonds are forever class (2015) is gonna create off the charts excitement at haas pavilion starting friday nite november 13th, an evening for the ages

are you gonna get season tix(s) at our palace haas pavilion for this potentially epic season?

2014 pac 12 average game attendance was as follows:
1) arizona-14,591
2) utah-12,101
3) colorado-9.135
4) california-8,099 (54th in nation)
5) ucla-7,711
6) washington-6,398
7) oregon-6,209
8) arizona state-5,985
9) oregon state-5,612
10) stanford-4,439
11) southern california-3,552
12) washington state-3,190
http://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/images/2015/07/06/mens-attendence.pdf

the cal basketball team needs your passionate energy & full support in buying season tix(s) to push this season's average gameday attendance at haas pavilion over 10,000 in order to create the necessary hostile home court advantage for them california golden bears...being a passive chunky monkey tv fan does absolutely nothing for the program, elite recruits wanna play in front of large noisy crowds

are you gonna call 1-800-gobears this week & discuss potential season tix(s) options?

[video=youtube;N7QqouIxulM][/video]

together we attack#

update: 1,438 student basketball passes have been sold for this season vs 425 last season
concordtom
Google says Haas Capacity is 11,877
concordtom
Google says Haas Capacity is 11,877
Someone has put together a nice wiki page on our 2015-16 schedule, team, etc.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_California_Golden_Bears_men%27s_basketball_team
concordtom
Friday night
October 30
Intrsquad scrimmage at Haas

Nov. 9*
7:00 pm, P12N Caroll (Montana) **
** - ** ** - ** ** - ** Haas Pavilion
Berkeley, CA

Non-conference regular season

Nov. 13*
8:30 pm, P12N Rice **
Berkeley, CA

Nov. 16*
7:00 pm, P12N UC Santa Barbara **
Berkeley, CA

Nov. 20*
8:00 pm, P12N East Carolina
Las Vegas Invitational **
Berkeley, CA

Nov. 23*
8:00 pm, P12N Sam Houston State
Berkeley, CA

Nov. 26*
9:00 pm, FS1 vs.*San Diego State
Las Vegas Invitational Semifinals **
** - ** ** - ** ** - ** Orleans Arena
Paradise, NV

Nov. 27*
, FS1 vs.*Richmond or West Virginia
** - ** ** - ** ** - ** Orleans Arena
Paradise, NV

Dec. 1*
7:00 pm, P12N Seattle **
Berkeley, CA

Dec. 5*
12:00 pm, CBSSN at*Wyoming **
** - ** ** - ** ** - ** Arena-Auditorium
Laramie, WY

Dec. 9*
8:00 pm, P12N Incarnate Word **
Berkeley, CA

Dec. 12*
12:30 pm, P12N St. Mary's **
Berkeley, CA

Dec. 19*
4:00 pm, P12N Coppin State **
Berkeley, CA

Dec. 22*
6:00 p.m., ESPN2 at*Virginia **
** - ** ** - ** ** - ** John Paul Jones Arena
Charlottesville, VA

Dec. 28*
6:00 pm, P12N Davidson **
Berkeley, CA

Pac-12 regular season

Jan. 1
8:00 pm, P12N Colorado **
Berkeley, CA

Jan. 3
4:30 pm, P12N Utah **
Berkeley, CA

Jan. 6
6:00 pm, ESPN2 at*Oregon **
** - ** ** - ** ** - ** Matthew Knight Arena
Eugene, OR

Jan. 9
6:30 pm, P12N at*Oregon State **
** - ** ** - ** ** - ** Gill Coliseum
Corvallis, OR

Jan. 14
8:00 pm, FS1 at*Stanford **
** - ** ** - ** ** - ** Maples Pavilion
Stanford, CA

Jan. 21
6:00 pm, FS1 Arizona State **
Berkeley, CA

Jan. 23
, ESPN/ESPN2 Arizona **
Berkeley, CA

Jan. 27
8:00 pm, ESPNU at*Utah **
** - ** ** - ** ** - ** Jon M. Huntsman Center
Salt Lake City, UT

Jan. 31
2:00 pm, FS1 at*Colorado **
** - ** ** - ** ** - ** Coors Events Center
Boulder, CO

Feb. 6
1:00 pm, ESPN/ESPN2 Stanford **
Berkeley, CA

Feb. 11
6:00 pm, ESPN/ESPN2 Oregon **
Berkeley, CA

Feb. 13
3:30 pm, P12N Oregon State **
Berkeley, CA

Feb. 18
8:00 pm, FS1 at*Washington **
** - ** ** - ** ** - ** Alaska Airlines Arena
Seattle, WA

Feb. 21
5:30 pm, ESPNU at*Washington State **
** - ** ** - ** ** - ** Beasley Coliseum
Pullman, WA

Feb. 25
6:00 pm, ESPN/ESPN2 UCLA **
Berkeley, CA

Feb. 28
5:00 pm, FS1 USC **
Berkeley, CA

Mar. 3
6:00 pm, ESPN/ESPN2 at*Arizona **
** - ** ** - ** ** - ** McKale Center
Tucson, AZ

Mar. 5
5:00 pm, ESPN2 at*Arizona State **
** - ** ** - ** ** - ** Wells Fargo Arena
Tempe, AZ

Pac-12 Tournament
Mar 9–12o
Paradise, NV

Never mind that BI posts the schedule in a link above, this Monster thread needs to be longer.
concordtom
Haas Pavillion...
Haas money is Levi's family's descendant's money.
Levi's made his money selling blue jeans to gold miners.
Gold miners got tired of digging and fighting of Golden Bears in them thar hills.
So they floated back down the river to the bay from whence many of them came, via steamers and schooners like my ggg grandma, and got an educational, and built up the tradition in Berkeley that thrives today.
Sometimes Golden Bears wander back up to them thar hills where it all started...

Good thing they built the interstate. Driving is faster than floating.
I'll be sure to wear my California Blue jeans, with a Gold coin in my pocket.

Tradition.
bearmanpg
HoopDreams;842573625 said:

[SIZE=5]shocky and bearman,

don't be dissing my man Jabari
dude will be locked in this year, and no way he ain't giving his entire effort on D
[/SIZE]

QUOTE=bearmanpg;842573616]I have to say, if you don't see Jabari playing D this year, you probably won't see Jabari playing much, too many options to slack off on the defensive end...

No dis....just facts.....No D, No PT......
Shocky1
eddy ionescu, a top 50 player in nor cal & the brother of sabrina ionescu the #4 ranked player in the 2016 class, has made a commitment to walk on criminal dana altman's basketball team

oregon is just a semi professional athletic program loosely affiliated with an almost mediocre school

highway to hell goes thru eugene#
stu
Shocky1;842574018 said:

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA1V7cI28hI"][COLOR="#0000FF"][/COLOR][/URL]
Shocky1
"can't solve a problem with the same mindset that created it"

-jaylen brown, noted philosopher & yoga based problem solver

Shocky1
Shocky1;842483508 said:

who are them california golden bears?

alan crabbe-3.3 gpa@price (currently playing w/portland trail blazers)
justin cobbs-3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price
jeff powers*-3.6 gpa@delasalle
ricky kreklow*-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
david kravish*-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
tyrone wallace-3.5 gpa@bakersfield
christian behrens*-3.5 gpa@tahoma
jabari bird-3.0+gpa@salesian
jordan mathews-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
roger moute a bidias-3.0+ gpa@notre dame
kingsley okoroh-3.0+ gpa@westwind prep/findlay prep
stephen domingo-3.4 gpa@st ignatius
brandon chauca-3.85 gpa@shannon forest christian school
cole welle-4.37 gpa@aptos
nick hamilton-4.2 gpa@westchester
brenden glapion-4.1 gpa@washington
dwight tarwater*-3.9 gpa@webb school
xavier valdes-4.0 gpa@woodlands
ivan rabb-3.15 gpa@bishop o'dowd
jaylen brown-3.1 gpa@wheeler
nick kerr-3.9 gpa@torrey pines
roman davis-3.5 gpa@winward

*will graduate/graduated from cal joining 2012 grads bak bak, brandon smith & robert thurman

cal fans can expect every player listed above to either leave cal with a degree and/or a nba contract..patrick christopher, justin cobbs & richard solomon all have around one remaining semester of schoolwork necessary to earn their cal degrees...as the wise marco harris once told me, men take care of their business

of the 300+ ncaa d1 bb teams, cal is among the most academically elite programs along with stanford and the ivy leagues most noteably harvard

the above is the MOST IMPORTANT stat sheet in cal basketball

this is the difference between basketball factories that use up & then discard their unpaid workers (leaving them unemployable on the streets) in today's highly competitive global economy that favors those that are well educated and legitimate collegiate institutions of higher learning with an academic purpose...if you go to an academically mediocre school like kentucky or arizona & get injured you are ******

academic ambition is a beautiful thing, it will open doors in business after your basketball days are over & help you meet the curvy brunette yoga girl of your dreams (and you're not thinking about it now but it will also help you raise intellectually curious children someday)...you can be limitless mentally

don't be a dumb azz#

"i think just one of the things for me again is just one day at a time trying to max out our talent...i know it's easier said than done...probably not what you want to hear but i try to live my life...i can't control anything outside of tomorrow...i just try to push these guys and make sure they go to class every day and be on time...to not just get a 2.5 but to fight for a 3.0...that's what i'm consumed with...as long as these guys are making strides from young men to men, then i'm winning the game"

-coach martin at pac 12 media day
bar20
Quote:

highway to hell goes thru eugene

When I think of Eugene and the highway to hell, I think of this:

Shocky1
Shocky1;842574018 said:

eddy ionescu, a top 50 player in nor cal & the brother of sabrina ionescu the #4 ranked player in the 2016 class, has made a commitment to walk on criminal dana altman's basketball team

oregon is just a semi professional athletic program loosely affiliated with an almost mediocre school

why is eddy ionescu gonna walk on at oregon?

criminal dana altman is gonna save the scholly for a sexual predator transfer with elite basketball skills

this is oregon basketball#
http://www.dailyemerald.com/2015/10/19/oregon-ducks-receive-verbal-commitment-from-eddy-ionescu/
Shocky1
"negativity breeds failure stay positive"

-jaylen brown, noted philosopher & the 2nd most talented dude from atlanta after big boi

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/big-grams-fell-in-the-sun/2911836
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Cal priority recruit has been tearing it up...[/SIZE]

Shocky1

Shocky1
met with jay john in scottsdale this evening & asked him who might potentially be the most improved california golden bear this season

jj told me that while quite a few guys are making big strides in their games like sam singer getting his shot right with better mechanics, kameron rooks working on a reliable baby hook in the paint, etc. his nod would be to jabari bird...jabari is totally healthy for the 1st time in his career & is playing with both strength & confidence...jj could not have been more complimentary re: jb's personal character & his family

yeah, i'd like to see the bird play all the time like he did that special chilly night in manhattan last november when them california golden bears shocked the hometown syracuse orangemen in front of a national espn audience with dicky v calling the game on the biggest stage on earth, madison ******* square garden

gotta love it when the bird let's it fly, baby, let's do this

not sure why the dumb azz clapping his hands in the bottom left corner of the screen wearing the cal hat & jacket while his boy sammy singer dribbled out the victory didn't go ape**** & storm the floor at the garden
[video=youtube;_wDVF0Hlfj4][/video]

let's be real here, new york city is bear territory

a night for the ages#
BearsObserver

HoopDreams;842574541 said:

[SIZE=5]Cal priority recruit has been tearing it up...[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Charlie Moore, a four-star point guard from Chicago will visit Cal for the Blue & Gold scrimmage Friday night at 10pm[/SIZE]

http://www.ibabuzz.com/beartalk/2015/10/20/basketball-pg-the-bears-want-to-visit-berkeley/

[SIZE=5]dude got skills...
[/SIZE]
[video=youtube;SARm6RH6mlE][/video]
First Page Last Page
Page 232 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.