cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,270,533 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ccajon;842672738 said:

You do get around Shocky.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hainan_Island_incident

The crew of that EP-3 Orion didn't have to pay for their food or lodging either.

Interesting tale.
But, yeah, the EP-3 crew had to eat fish heads. I bet Shocky got better than that.
Shocky1
Chapman_is_Gone;842672734 said:

It must have taken a lot of golf balls to spell out "Douche."

why, were you there too?

but isn't your nickname "chapman is depressed" anyways?

oh well, it's the thought that matters

ni hao
Shocky1
joe yaks;842672733 said:

G Mullins will play at uSF.

grant mullins is not taylor although they probably both like late nite ice cream sundaes at serendipity on the upper east side
Shocky1
kim k has told me that it's ok to announce that everybody that renews their cal basketball season tix(s) at this time in gonna get an azz grab too (she's gonna grab your azz)...a perfect 18-0 home record at haas pavillion will do that to you, baby

i dunno, today might be a good day to lock in your seat(s) for the 2016/2017 season, don't be a dumb azz like the passive tv losers on leper island that never take the ferry to berkeley on gamedays

the magic of cal basketball (includes fashionista kicks)#:woohoo
Shocky1
Shocky1;842638302 said:

canadian 6'6" 200 lbs 2017 wing abu kigab from st catherine's ontario was in the haas saturday nite on an unofficial visit for cal's victory over arizona...the staff is currently evaluating abu for a potential offer

kigab is currently playing for prolific prep in napa & is a teammate of key cal target ira lee, he's got offers from kansas, usc, oregon, minnesota & virginia tech among the schools pursuing the previously under the radar high motor student athlete

listen to abu articulate as a sophmore (a year ago) his passion for defending, self improvement & team goals
[video=youtube;7Eeklpo3-Lg][/video]

yeah, there are unconfirmed reports that drake is abu's brother or something

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including canada)

coach martin has extended an offer to agu kigab primarily because he could potentially get 30+ mpg as a freshman but mostly because coach want floor seats for the next time drake is in town

makes total sense to me

highline bling#
socaltownie
Shocky1;842672783 said:

coach martin has extended an offer to agu kigab primarily because he could potentially get 30+ mpg as a freshman but mostly because coach want floor seats for the next time drake is in town

makes total sense to me

highline bling#

What about the 7 foot tank #50? Dude is super slow but HUUUUUGGGGEEE (best Bernie voice)
Shocky1
2016 guard kyran bowman, the staff's back up plan for dontae coleman, has made a commitment to boston college
Shocky1
Bobodeluxe;842671818 said:

Trump much?

full disclosure (as required by shay & taylor): donald trump along with tiger woods, greg norman, arnold palmer, jack nicklaus & myself are among the 100 panelists on golf magazine's world top 100 architectural rankings panel

but if i ran the golf magazine panel the donald would be fired (and sent to live in mexico city for a year) & replaced with a curvy brunette yoga female

https://vimeo.com/63755369
petalumabear
Good news that Jack's on that panel. At the same time, I feel sorry for him having to be in the same room with so many self centered gasbags.
HoopDreams

Shocky1

walked 18 holes with my buddy david davis from amserdam & the head pro at the bluffs on the ho tram strip in southeast vietnam...the bluffs is a greg norman design with aesthetically dramatic holes among a huge natural sand dunes ala cypress point...however, while vietnam will hopefully earn a world top 100 course in the future, the bluffs routing is not ideal from a walking perspective & shot values are overly penal on several holes

vietnam is run by the communist party (the soviet influence with signs is readily apparent for visitors) that is at the threshold of a developing tourism industry...the us dollar exchange is very positive for americans (breakfast was over 2 million dong or 90 bucks)

it is absolutely remarkable to us as citizens of the united states that the cheerful & genuinely friendly vietnamese people are not bitter about our country's unnecessary intervention during the vietnam war, in fact in local schools the vietnam war is mostly ignored as a topic with the brief summary that the united states tried to steal the county's opium (the military was actually fighting on behalf of democracy) & that the local forces defeated those efforts

yeah, shay & taylor love the beef pho too
Bobodeluxe
If Mr. Trump is elected, would you ask him to do something about the sour puss former coaches who sit in front of us?

Never smile. BNever clap. Nothing.
concordtom
Bobodeluxe;842672970 said:

If Mr. Trump is elected, would you ask him to do something about the sour puss former coaches who sit in front of us?

If Mr. Trump is elected, I'm moving to Vietnam.
Fortunately, his long awaited going up in flames is about to occur.
NYCGOBEARS
concordtom;842672975 said:

I'm sticking around. The revolution will be televised.
NVGolfingBear
NYCGOBEARS;842672988 said:

It would be a good show! Absolute Chaos!
socaltownie
Shocky1;842672966 said:

walked 18 holes with my buddy david davis from amserdam & the head pro at the bluffs on the ho tram strip in southeast vietnam...the bluffs is a greg norman design with aesthetically dramatic holes among a huge natural sand dunes ala cypress point...however, while vietnam will hopefully earn a world top 100 course in the future, the bluffs routing is not ideal from a walking perspective & shot values are overly penal on several holes

vietnam is run by the communist party (the soviet influence with signs is readily apparent for visitors) that is at the threshold of a developing tourism industry...the us dollar exchange is very positive for americans (breakfast was over 2 million dong or 90 bucks)

it is absolutely remarkable to us as citizens of the united states that the cheerful & genuinely friendly vietnamese people are not bitter about our country's unnecessary intervention during the vietnam war, in fact in local schools the vietnam war is mostly ignored as a topic with the brief summary that the united states tried to steal the county's opium (the military was actually fighting on behalf of democracy) & that the local forces defeated those efforts

yeah, shay & taylor love the beef pho too

90 bucks for breakfast is not a favorable exchange rate

Also not sure where/what you saw but of what I have seen/know the war is a big deal. It is their revolutionary war.
petalumabear

Yes and you'll have a front row seat. The people will take over Trump Tower instead of the White House... Edifice complex and all.....
concordtom

Hey, now that's a good April Fools Joke.
mikecohen
concordtom;842672975 said:

Not so quickly, unfortunately: He just had a Prodigal-Son-Coming-Home Unity meeting with the RNC; and I DO think that he does know how to deal. Just for perspective: I do not think he knows much about political reality outside his particular bubble (a failing common to autocrats, bullies, demagogues and generals) such that he does not know much about real-world solutions for populations, competing interests, civil and personal rights, the inevitable effects of military and other violence, or, for that matter, agreements that may be absolutely crucial to the world but do not involve the pursuit of individual economic gain; AND, from the point of view of the Republicans (about whom it is hard for me, personally, to say anything good -- but that is undoubtedly obvious about me), the alternatives are even worse (in one way or the other).
mikecohen
socaltownie;842672992 said:

90 bucks for breakfast is not a favorable exchange rate

Also not sure where/what you saw but of what I have seen/know the war is a big deal. It is their revolutionary war.

Yeah; but, over the generations, these things tend to become establishment pap that kids are taught in elementary school. Reminds me of when I became aware of, and was getting excited by, the benefits and insights of Buddhism, and happened to be at a party which was also attended by some Vietnamese people who had been raised in it, and to whom it was just the stuff they were forced to listen to in school, from which they wanted to distance themselves into American culture as fast as they could.
mikecohen
watermelon;842673050 said:

doctors are now flaunting shocky around southeast asia as their model for the perfect lady boy surgery. well done shocky, you look great, jenner has nothing on you. And of course Asia SF is holding your spot there during your travels.

So, now, it's cool again to lay a gay slur on someone as an insult? And is there also an ethnic slur hiding in there as well? Or is this maybe part of the reaction to the "political correctness" associated with the idea that, unlike the Good Old Days (that will re-emerge when we make America great again), ad hominem attacks on someone on the basis of their ethnic or other identity may not be an entirely good idea (I mean, outside the hot-house, street-corner, atmosphere of a vigorous game of "The Dozens")?
socaltownie
mikecohen;842673157 said:

Yeah; but, over the generations, these things tend to become establishment pap that kids are taught in elementary school. Reminds me of when I became aware of, and was getting excited by, the benefits and insights of Buddhism, and happened to be at a party which was also attended by some Vietnamese people who had been raised in it, and to whom it was just the stuff they were forced to listen to in school, from which they wanted to distance themselves into American culture as fast as they could.

No doubt. I just think it is both factually incorrect (and a bit odd) to say that a nation's founding event isn't important in their education system.

https://www.teachingchannel.org/videos/teaching-vietnam-war

BTW - this isn't meant to take "sides". Just an observation.
concordtom
mikecohen;842673155 said:

Not so quickly, unfortunately: He just had a Prodigal-Son-Coming-Home Unity meeting with the RNC; and I DO think that he does know how to deal. Just for perspective: I do not think he knows much about political reality outside his particular bubble (a failing common to autocrats, bullies, demagogues and generals) such that he does not know much about real-world solutions for populations, competing interests, civil and personal rights, the inevitable effects of military and other violence, or, for that matter, agreements that may be absolutely crucial to the world but do not involve the pursuit of individual economic gain; AND, from the point of view of the Republicans (about whom it is hard for me, personally, to say anything good -- but that is undoubtedly obvious about me), the alternatives are even worse (in one way or the other).

Au contraire! I just turned on the evening news and heard about his interview with Fox where he now is once again going back to the position of not ruling out a run as an Independent, depending on how he is treated by the RNC. So, like, he came out of that meeting you mentioned and while yesterday spoke of unity, today speaks of breaking up.

Come on, the guy is an absolute laughing stock at this point. I am enjoying watching the news channels as much as march madness. One and the same - exciting and unpredictable - except that it actually matters who wins.

Oh boy, here comes a Palin speech! Another laughing stock character!
Unbelievable!

concordtom
mikecohen;842673158 said:

So, now, it's cool again to lay a gay slur on someone as an insult? And is there also an ethnic slur hiding in there as well? Or is this maybe part of the reaction to the "political correctness" associated with the idea that, unlike the Good Old Days (that will re-emerge when we make America great again), ad hominem attacks on someone on the basis of their ethnic or other identity may not be an entirely good idea (I mean, outside the hot-house, street-corner, atmosphere of a vigorous game of "The Dozens")?

I agree.
Watermelon's post scored high on the Bad Post scale.
parentswerebears
concordtom;842673215 said:

I agree.
Watermelon's post scored high on the Bad Post scale.

There is a scale? Can you post it here?
mikecohen
concordtom;842673212 said:

Au contraire! I just turned on the evening news and heard about his interview with Fox where he now is once again going back to the position of not ruling out a run as an Independent, depending on how he is treated by the RNC. So, like, he came out of that meeting you mentioned and while yesterday spoke of unity, today speaks of breaking up.

Come on, the guy is an absolute laughing stock at this point. I am enjoying watching the news channels as much as march madness. One and the same - exciting and unpredictable - except that it actually matters who wins.

Oh boy, here comes a Palin speech! Another laughing stock character!
Unbelievable!

[/QU

Just for the Record: I hope you're right.
concordtom
parentswerebears;842673224 said:

There is a scale? Can you post it here?

Somewhere between a 2 and a 3, I'd say.

concordtom
By the way, in case anyone was wondering, Shocky will soon be back within range of the Cell Tower or Hotel WIFI soon (censored commie nations, mind you) to bring this thread back into focus. We are going to get a Monster Recruiting Class, again, one of these days.
What were they called?
2013: Monsters
2014: Diamonds are forever
2015: Reach the sky
2016: Scratch my balls
2017: Kick some a$$
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Jaylen's Brown's message to us ...

https://rapchat.me/share-rap.html?rapid=C9C64380-F6DC-11E5-A258-75A3B953CBD0[/SIZE]

Shocky1
mikecohen;842673158 said:

mike, to be totally honest with you i think watermelon is an angry racist bigot, his nickname says it all
Shocky1
walked 18 holes at ayodhya links golf club an hour outside of bangkok which resulted in my now staying current with the golf magazine world top 100 lists from 2001 thru 2015 (the next round of ballots will be due in 2017)

enjoyed lunch with club chairman pitak intrawityanunt who was the deputy vice minister (vice president) of thailand back in the day who told me that he personally designed the golf course...i told him that i almost singlehandedly recruited cal's monster class & then jaylen brown & ivan rabb along with redefining the definition of being a cal basketball fan (watching on tv don't count for ****) which culminated in a reenergized fan base flocking to haas pavilion with a likely nation #1 leading 25.2% growth in attendance this season & a perfect 18-0 home season in berkeley

if i can find the time, i'm probably gonna also help drake with his lyrics in the future but who knows for sure, anyways this is our final nite in asia before traveling back to the united states to end our family's 2016 spring break so shay & taylor wanna ride elephants or some **** like that in bangkok tonite

trust me, bankgok kinda makes palo alto seem like salt lake city in comparison

bears gotta roam the world#
Shocky1

the hangover#
Shocky1
yeah, uber in bangkok is kinda different

https://soundcloud.com/the-tribe-akashic/keep-me-company-feat-master-wendu-tae-haru

where's jaylen (keep us company)?#
concordtom
Shocky1;842673277 said:

enjoyed lunch with club chairman pitak intrawityanunt who was the deputy vice minister (vice president) of thailand back in the day who told me that he personally designed the golf course...i told him that i almost singlehandedly recruited cal's monster class & then jaylen brown & ivan rabb

Okay, see now, that was funny.
NYCGOBEARS
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5604[/ATTACH]
First Page Last Page
Page 306 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.