cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,280,010 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why'd you schedule your Hong Kong trip on the sweet 16 weekend?
Oh, you didn't think Cal would be playing ...
Some fan.

You paid your daughters to send negative emails to Oregon staffers?
Wow.
What's your son have to say about all this?

I will grant you this. You have huge onions being as public as you are!
watermelon
Shocky1;842671704 said:

dana altman knows exactly who i am...

he was staring at you because you're like the wee man at the circus that grabs everyone's attention. good thing you don't have a tiny pony or barnum and bailey would have you kidnapped for one of their shows.

HoopDreams

HoopDreams

Shocky1
coach martin's contract has been reviewed & approved by athletic director michael williams & chancellor nicky d & his crew

the contract is now awaiting sign offs by uc president janet neopolitano who is understandably concerned re: the number of sexual conduct misbehaviors (keep in mind that hufnagel's transgressions do not include any physical contact with the complaintant) being reported out of berkeley

i met janet napolitano back in the day when i invited both her as the arizona attorney general (or assistant ag, can't remember her title then) & phoenix suns owner/managing partner jerry colangelo to speak at my fundraiser for the phi beta kappa association's inner city scholarship fund for the phoenix union high school district...janet without any complaint moved her speaking time so i could slide jerry into a specific speaking slot as he was moving between multiple engagements that nite...then in the hallway afterwards while i was thanking her she gave me a very generous personal check (relative to her income level) in support of the scholarship program & the encouragement that "creating opportunities for these kids is so important" before we hugged & said good nite

i think janet napolitaho is a good person at her core & i expect she will sign coach's contract when she is assured that there was no wrongdoing in coach's handling of the hufnagel matter
NVBear78
Shocky1;842671812 said:

coach martin's contract has been reviewed & approved by athletic director michael williams & chancellor nicky d & his crew

the contract is now awaiting sign offs by uc president janet neopolitano who is understandably concerned re: the number of sexual conduct misbehaviors (keep in mind that hufnagel's transgressions do not include any physical contact with the complaintant) being reported out of berkeley

i met janet neopolitano back in the day when i invited both her as the arizona attorney general (or assistant ag, can't remember her title then) & phoenix suns owner/managing partner jerry colangelo to speak at my fundraiser for the phi beta kappa association's inner city scholarship fund for the phoenix union high school district...janet without any complaint moved her speaking time so i could slide jerry into a specific speaking slot as he was moving between multiple engagements that nite...then in the hallway afterwards while i was thanking her she gave me a very generous personal check (relative to her income level) in support of the scholarship program & the encouragement that "creating opportunities for these kids is so important" before we hugged & said good nite

i think janet neoplitano is a good person at her core & i expect she will sign coach's contract when she is assured that there was no wrongdoing in coach's handling of the hufnagel matter

But being a "good person at her core" and being skillful, competent and exercising good judgment at her current and previous jobs are two different things. The seeming witch hunt against Coach Martin involves political correctness run amuk and it could be argued that the last few positions attained by Ms. Neopolitani were a byproduct of political correctness.

Shocky, are the other approvals you mentioned from Dirks et al. recent events or were we this far along already before the circus with Coach Huff?
mikecohen
NVBear78;842671813 said:

But being a "good person at her core" and being skillful, competent and exercising good judgment at her current and previous jobs are two different things. The seeming witch hunt against Coach Martin involves political correctness run amuk and it could be argued that the last few positions attained by Ms. Neopolitani were a byproduct of political correctness.

Shocky, are the other approvals you mentioned from Dirks et al. recent events or were we this far along already before the circus with Coach Huff?

Are you accusing the notoriously conservative Arizona electorate of being politically correct when they elected her Attorney General, then, after that, Governor? Or are you saying that appointing elected Attorneys General or Governors to high administrative positions is politically correct?
Bobodeluxe
Trump much?
mikecohen
Bobodeluxe;842671818 said:

Trump much?

Apropos de quoi?
UrsaMajor
If you think she's such a good person, why don't you even have the decency to spell her name correctly?
NVBear78
mikecohen;842671817 said:

Are you accusing the notoriously conservative Arizona electorate of being politically correct when they elected her Attorney General, then, after that, Governor? Or are you saying that appointing elected Attorneys General or Governors to high administrative positions is politically correct?

Mike, What are her qualifications for running the UC System and how is she doing..
mikecohen
NVBear78;842671837 said:

Mike, What are her qualifications for running the UC System and how is she doing..

I seriously, un-argumentatively, want to know who you believe is qualified to run the UC System and what qualifications such person or persons have.
HoopDreams
dal9
mikecohen;842671855 said:

I seriously, un-argumentatively, want to know who you believe is qualified to run the UC System and what qualifications such person or persons have.

^Jaylen Brown (can also play part time)
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Congratulations to Ben Braun for winning the [FONT=Arial Black][COLOR="#000080"][SIZE=6]Guardian of the Galaxy[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT] award![/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Ben Braun lead Cal to 5 NCAA Tournaments, including the Sweet 16, and an NIT Championship, and was named Conference Coach of the Year[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
Shocky1
walked 36 holes at shanqin bay on hainan island which is the southernmost portion of china...this coore & crenshaw gem flows magically along the beaches & thru the tropical jungle with thought provoking strategic options with a tight walkable routing, notice the beautiful walking path on the par 3 8th hole...shanqin bay will most likely crack golf magazine's worrld 25 in the next rankings as more panelists (this was my 2nd visit, i also traveled to boao for the grand opening)

shanqin bay is owned by chariman wang ju whose dad was the #1 general for chairman mao back in the day...there are only 40 members (the wealthiest billionaires in asia) & i was the only person to play the golf course yet they moved all the pin placements & tee boxes while i enjoyed a magnficient lunch at the clubhouse to ensure a different playing experience in the 2nd run

when the family & i flew in from hong kong to the haikou airport the club greeted us in their mercedes van & basically ushered by all chinese immigration thru the diplomat line...in the morning they picked us up after breakfast at the seasisde village hotel & brought us to shanqin bay which is basically a compound with 200+ employees that live in dorm housing on site & that receive 3 meals every day of the year

on the driving range the caddies must've spent an hour or two constructing a welcome sign made out of golf balls for us with our specific names...i was assigned 2 caddies, one who stayed with me for the 2 rounds who helped with clubbing & green reading and another one who ran ahead to give aiming directions of blind shots & also rake every bunker/replace every divot (it is the best conditioned course in the world after the packer family's family course at ellerston which gets under 400 rounds a year)...another interesting (but unnecessary wrinkle) is that joey the general manager shadowed me on the golf course for 36 holes while wearing a suit & dress shoes in case i need anything

while i played golf shay & taylor were taken by 5 of the club's young staff members (who had never meet any american teenagers) to the beach & local shops, they had a blast & could hear their laughter from a hundred yards away when they returned to the club

the chinese love basketball, max zhang is a hero & the houston rockers are the team...they are teaching english in school & there is 100% employment on hainan island right now...but the bust is coming, there are massive semi completed condo projects that lay empty, a real estate meltdown of the magnitude of the one in the united states is just around the corner

yeah, a cal degrees opens a lot of doors life but you gotta have academic ambition & be willing to do the work, you can truly unlock your mind in berkeley

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including china & hong kong)
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#000080"]Jemerl Baker [/COLOR]
"Smooth WG with very dangerous three-point shot has committed to Cal. Baker averaged 16 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists for a 239 squad while shooting 44% from the 3-point arc and 83% from the FT line. Good student is a Top 100 national caliber prospect"- fullcourtpress[/SIZE]

Big C
drove my kids to lake merritt park the other day, where they laughed as i showed them how to dodge the poop from the canada geese. some guy must've spent over half an hour crafting a sign to welcome us by asking for any spare change we could afford to give him.

oaklanders love basketball. leon powe and ivan rabb are heroes.
HoopDreams
[video=youtube;FfujziOcgO4][/video]

concordtom
HoopDreams;842672112 said:

this surely ranks as one of the more peculiar graphics posted on bear insider.
I simply don't get the connection.
concordtom
Shocky1;842672366 said:

...shanqin bay will most likely crack golf magazine's worrld 25 in the next rankings as more panelists (this was my 2nd visit, i also traveled to boao for the grand opening)

shanqin bay is owned by chariman wang ju whose dad was the #1 general for chairman mao back in the day...there are only 40 members (the wealthiest billionaires in asia) & i was the only person to play the golf course yet they moved all the pin placements & tee boxes while i enjoyed a magnficient lunch at the clubhouse to ensure a different playing experience in the 2nd run

when the family & i flew in from hong kong to the haikou airport the club greeted us in their mercedes van & basically ushered by all chinese immigration thru the diplomat line...in the morning they picked us up after breakfast at the seasisde village hotel & brought us to shanqin bay which is basically a compound with 200+ employees that live in dorm housing on site & that receive 3 meals every day of the year

on the driving range the caddies must've spent an hour or two constructing a welcome sign made out of golf balls for us with our specific names...i was assigned 2 caddies, one who stayed with me for the 2 rounds who helped with clubbing & green reading and another one who ran ahead to give aiming directions of blind shots & also rake every bunker/replace every divot (it is the best conditioned course in the world after the packer family's family course at ellerston which gets under 400 rounds a year)...another interesting (but unnecessary wrinkle) is that joey the general manager shadowed me on the golf course for 36 holes while wearing a suit & dress shoes in case i need anything

Do you accept straight cash payment for favorable reviews, or is it only under the table stuff, like paying for your flights, hotel, etc., for you and your family?
I'll keep these things in mind next time I read a review of the worlds top golf courses.
Shocky1
concordtom;842672396 said:

Do you accept straight cash payment for favorable reviews, or is it only under the table stuff, like paying for your flights, hotel, etc., for you and your family?
I'll keep these things in mind next time I read a review of the worlds top golf courses.

tom, my family's airfares & hotels are on my nickel
concordtom
Enjoy the grandeur of it all.
I just never liked talking about having servants attending to me. In fact, I never liked having servants attending to me, period.
Shocky1
the cal staff is in discussions with 6'3" 175 lbs potential graduate transfer grant mullins (from burlington, ontario) from columbia university in the ivy league...his head coach kyle smith recently accepted the head coaching position at taylor's dream school, the university of san francisco

other schools involved at this time include michigan, syracuse & hawaii

last season grant averaged 13.3 ppg in 31.1 mpg with a lethal 43.9% on 3 pointers & 83.1% on fts, dude can definitely shoot the rock but can also facilitate with 3.3 apg & contribute on the boards with 3.8 rpg

mullins would benefit from speaking with dwight tarwater re: his experiences as an ivy league grad transfer to the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

a moment of love (mary)#
NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842672503 said:

the cal staff is in discussions with 6'3" 175 lbs potential graduate transfer grant mullins (from burlington, ontario) from columbia university in the ivy league...his head coach kyle smith recently accepted the head coaching position at taylor's dream school, the university of san francisco

last season grant averaged 13.3 ppg in 31.1 mpg with a lethal 43.9% on 3 pointers & 83.1% on fts, dude can definitely shoot the rock but can also facilitate with 3.3 apg & contribute on the boards with 3.8 rpg

mullins would benefit from speaking with dwight tarwater re: his experiences as an ivy league grad transfer to the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

a moment of love (mary)#

With his experience in Morningside Heights, he won't bat an eye at the shenanigans on Telegraph.
89Bear
Shocky1;842672503 said:

a moment of love (mary)#

Wow!! Those numbers and Michigan/Syracuse after him as well??? Let's go all out to get him!!!
Shocky1
NYCGOBEARS;842672510 said:

With his experience in Morningside Heights, he won't bat an eye at the shenanigans on Telegraph.

agreed, playing in front of cal's raucous wild azz fans at a crowded haas pavilion (25.2% attendance growth for 2015/2016, probably #1 in the nation for college basketball) is a little more fun than playing in front of 482 fans in the city

no spike/jay z#
socaltownie
Shocky1;842672366 said:

walked 36 holes at shanqin bay on hainan island which is the southernmost portion of china...this coore & crenshaw gem flows magically along the beaches & thru the tropical jungle with thought provoking strategic options with a tight walkable routing, notice the beautiful walking path on the par 3 8th hole...shanqin bay will most likely crack golf magazine's worrld 25 in the next rankings as more panelists (this was my 2nd visit, i also traveled to boao for the grand opening)

while i played golf shay & taylor were taken by 5 of the club's young staff members (who had never meet any american teenagers) to the beach & local shops, they had a blast & could hear their laughter from a hundred yards away when they returned to the club

the chinese love basketball, max zhang is a hero & the houston rockers are the team...they are teaching english in school & there is 100% employment on hainan island right now...but the bust is coming, there are massive semi completed condo projects that lay empty, a real estate meltdown of the magnitude of the one in the united states is just around the corner

yeah, a cal degrees opens a lot of doors life but you gotta have academic ambition & be willing to do the work, you can truly unlock your mind in berkeley

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including china & hong kong)

The collapse of China's bubble will make ours look like a hiccup. However, they have such a massive currency balance to buffet its impact.

Bigger issue - the downsizing of state owned enterprises. If you follow this stuff record year for labor strife and that is BEFORE they implement most of the layoffs. It will be extremely interesting how the CCP reacts.
HoopDreams

HoopDreams
HoopDreams
joe amos yaks
G Mullins will play at uSF.
Chapman_is_Gone
Shocky1;842672366 said:

It must have taken a lot of golf balls to spell out "Douche."
ccajon
You do get around Shocky.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hainan_Island_incident

The crew of that EP-3 Orion didn't have to pay for their food or lodging either.
First Page Last Page
Page 305 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.