cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,270,089 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
antipattern;842145445 said:

Thanks for the continued updates, although I should mention that, based on this thread, I have come to believe you are more or less completely insane.

in my travels i have observed that the happiest people are those with magnificient quests, cliffs and mountains that must be traversed, relentlessly striving forward each day toward their destinations

boats against the current#
seasons in the sun#
the grind#
summer breezes#
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842145820 said:

dude got skills

dude got a seriously specific flattop

gq#
Shocky1
john montgomery told me "theo was in grad school last year which gave him the title of a graduate manager...it was great for him because he could be on the floor with our guys...he has a very bright future in the coaching profession and realized that was what he wanted to do...he wants to put all his focus on coaching so he has been hired in a full time position as director of basketball operations...last year jay john did some of those responsibilities as well as mitch elkins who was an operations intern...jay will focus solely on fundraising and bigger projects and theo and mitch are now both full time as director and assistant director of basketball operations respectively"

full time salaried position>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>starving intern/graduate assistant

the price is right#
the grind#
summer breezes#
mikecohen
Shocky1;842145912 said:

in my travels i have observed that the happiest people are those with magnificient quests, cliffs and mountains that must be traversed, relentlessly striving forward each day toward their destinations

boats against the current#
seasons in the sun#
the grind#
summer breezes#

Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no mattertomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther. . . . And then one fine morning

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842144579 said:

the bruins are targeting 2 bigs (just like cal) for their 2014 class & are targeting elite prospects nationwide...thus far the alford message has not been well received with zero commitments thus far for the 2014 class despite the fact the bruins do not currently have a single pg on the roster for 2014 (kenny anderson's dad has confirmed that his son will declare for the draft after the upcoming season)

ucla has gone all in with josh perkins at pg (alford recruited him at nm) but with upcoming visits to kentucky (no offer) & connecticut (offer) along with minnesota (offer) & wildcard gonzaga (offer, hc mark few "attends all of his games") as his final 5 schools, this risky strategy may backfire as the backup pg recruit jordan mclaughlin is not impressing this summer & robert cartwright's recruitment just started recently (much to the annoyance of his family & coach benezra)

would be pretty funny to see alford start a walk on (or his son bryce a sg) at pg in 2014

the ucla bigs war board:

1) myles turner, 6'11" 225 lbs euless, tx
2) kevin looney, 6'9" 220 lbs milwaukee, wi
3) craig victor, 6'8" 220 lbs henderson, nv
4) leon black, 6'7" 210 lbs memphis, tenn
5) reid travis, 6'7" 235 lbs minneapolis, minn
6) isaac haas 7'2" 275 lbs piedmont, al
7) michael humphrey 6'10" 210 lbs phoenix, az
8) thomas welsh 7' 240 lbs, los angeles, ca
9) chinanu onuaku 6'10" upper marlboro, md
10) idrissa diallo 6'11" 230 lbs, los angeles, ca

will thomas and idrissa wait around for steve's potential last minute westwood prom invitation(s)?

meanwhile in berkeley both thomas welsh & idrissa diallo have been huge recruiting priorities for mike montgomery & staff (particuarly gregg gottlieb)...

safety dance#

ucla coach: hey iddy, how's it going?

idrissa diallo: real good, coach, how are you?

ucla coach: man, it's been crazy around here, sorry i haven't called in a while...we don't have a single point guard on the roster for 2014 and if josh perkins bails on us, we are gonna have a real problem

idrissa diallo: hmmm...

ucla coach: if that happens we might lose to cal poly at pauley again and then i'll be coaching at northern idaho...say, would you follow me to northern idaho if that happened?

idrissa diallo: geez coach, i'm not sure, i'd have to think about that

ucla coach: no worries, so how's that busted kneecap doing?

idrissa diallo: actually it's a broken elbow and its definitely getting better

ucla coach: good, good...how's coach muddlebrook doing?

idrissa diallo: coach middlebrooks is doing great, i'll tell him you said hello

ucla coach: thanks, how's the family back in kenya?

idrissa diallo: actually my family is from senegal which is...

ucla coach: (interrupts)...yeah, i knew that...hey iddy, i gotta grab this other call but i can't wait to see you wearing a bruins uniform

click

end of phone call

this is ucla basketball#
NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842146346 said:

ucla coach: hey iddy, how's it going?

idrissa diallo: real good, coach, how are you?

ucla coach: man, it's been crazy around here, sorry i haven't called in a while...we don't have a single point guard on the roster for 2014 and if josh perkins bails on us, we are gonna have a real problem

idrissa diallo: hmmm...

ucla coach: if that happens we might lose to cal poly at pauley again and then i'll be coaching at northern idaho...say, would you follow me to northern idaho if that happened?

idrissa diallo: geez coach, i'm not sure, i'd have to think about that

ucla coach: no worries, so how's that busted kneecap doing?

idrissa diallo: actually it's a broken elbow and its definitely getting better

ucla coach: good, good...how's coach muddlebrook doing?

idrissa diallo: coach middlebrooks is doing great, i'll tell him you said hello

ucla coach: thanks, how's the family back in kenya?

idrissa diallo: actually my family is from senegal which is...

ucla coach: (interrupts)...yeah, i knew that...hey iddy, i gotta grab this other call but i can't wait to see you wearing a bruins uniform

click

end of phone call

this is ucla basketball#

Shockster, this post is awesome! Lmfao.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842133294 said:

this morning trevor the pool guy made his weekly visit

trevor is a mid 30s arizona grad who once told me (unsolicited) that he makes 14 bucks a hour + mileage and is absolutely adored by our rescue dogs happy & misty mae

making small talk, i asked trevor if he's had any good summertime reading

he said, "yeah, just read the rec league's fast pitch 4 page rules and regs deal on line last weekend"

i looked at trevor closely to see if he was joking...nope

summer breezes#

trevor dropped by yesterday afternoon to clean the pool and i mentioned i've been reading fitzgerald this summer

he said, "yeah, me too, larry's thinks he can catch hopefully 90 passes for the cards this season"

i looked at trevor closely to see if he was joking...nope

summer breezes#
SFBearz
Shocky1;842144579 said:

ucla has gone all in with josh perkins at pg (alford recruited him at nm) but with upcoming visits to kentucky (no offer) & connecticut (offer) along with minnesota (offer) & wildcard gonzaga (offer, hc mark few "attends all of his games") as his final 5 schools, this risky strategy may backfire as the backup pg recruit jordan mclaughlin is not impressing this summer & robert cartwright's recruitment just started recently (much to the annoyance of his family & coach benezra)

McLaughlin actually had some great games this summer and is one of the top pgs in the country for this class. Monty watched him personally and Enfield and Fischer are going all out for him.
Shocky1
SFBearz;842146512 said:

McLaughlin actually had some great games this summer and is one of the top pgs in the country for this class. Monty watched him personally and Enfield and Fischer are going all out for him.

josh gershon says "jordan mclaughlin is a complete enigma...after a terrific summer last year and a very strong junior season, he had a very inconsistent june and july"

monty is NOT recruiting mclaughlin, there is ZERO pg recruiting going on by the bears beyond amhaad rorie

amhaad rorie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jordan mclaughlin

real talk#
SFBearz
Shocky1;842146674 said:

josh gershon says "jordan mclaughlin is a complete enigma...after a terrific summer last year and a very strong junior season, he had a very inconsistent june and july"

monty is NOT recruiting mclaughlin, there is ZERO pg recruiting going on by the bears beyond amhaad rorie

amhaad rorie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jordan mclaughlin

real talk#

That would be a minority opinion on McLaughlin who is being pursued by Kansas, UConn, Indiana, UCLA and most of the west coast:

http://zagsblog.com/articles/jordan-mclaughlin-making-a-statement-out-west/

"Listed at 6-foot, 165-pounds, Jordan McLaughlin is virtually impossible to keep out of the lane due to his athleticism and quickness, and has drawn comparisons to Russell Westbrook and Allen Iverson. He is ranked No. 18 in the nation by ESPN as well. But he insists he still has much growth left to do."

As to play this summer, he's been impressive:

From a few days ago "McLaughlin is having a breakout summer:"

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/jul/29/jordan-mclaughlin-keeps-focused-improving-while-un/

"But the 6-foot McLaughlin, also a talented playmaker and defender, showed why he might just be the top prospect in southern California for the Class of 2014, scoring 34 points, including six 3-pointers, many of them from NBA range."

http://mylvsports.com/unlv/runnin-rebels/unlv-guard-recruits-carr-mclaughlin-square-off/

"Jordan McLaughlin (Prodigy) has been phenomenal" - Joel Francisco, ESPN
tsubamoto2001
SFBearz;842146746 said:

That would be a minority opinion on McLaughlin who is being pursued by Kansas, UConn, Indiana, UCLA and most of the west coast:

http://zagsblog.com/articles/jordan-mclaughlin-making-a-statement-out-west/

"Listed at 6-foot, 165-pounds, Jordan McLaughlin is virtually impossible to keep out of the lane due to his athleticism and quickness, and has drawn comparisons to Russell Westbrook and Allen Iverson. He is ranked No. 18 in the nation by ESPN as well. But he insists he still has much growth left to do."

As to play this summer, he's been impressive:

From a few days ago "McLaughlin is having a breakout summer:"

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/jul/29/jordan-mclaughlin-keeps-focused-improving-while-un/

"But the 6-foot McLaughlin, also a talented playmaker and defender, showed why he might just be the top prospect in southern California for the Class of 2014, scoring 34 points, including six 3-pointers, many of them from NBA range."

http://mylvsports.com/unlv/runnin-rebels/unlv-guard-recruits-carr-mclaughlin-square-off/

"Jordan McLaughlin (Prodigy) has been phenomenal" - Joel Francisco, ESPN

He had an injury in the July period, which is why he wasnt his usual explosive self.
Shocky1
as i wait with a cal buddy for our delayed flight to scotland* now is a good time to share the story of jason kidd's recruitment

*we will be traveling to trump's new course in aberdeen to continue my quest of playing the golf magazine world top 100 courses, the trump course is the sole new entrant to the 2013 list that i have not yet played...other highlights will include the machrie on the isle of islay (immortalized by the long and winding road), my favorite course in scotland the quirky cruden bay and of course, a return to the home of golf, the old course at st andrews

when kidd was with the phx suns, i used to host j, the team's asst coach frank johnson (later become the hc before losing too many games & having an affair with the also married wife of the suns largest corporate sponsor resulted in him being fired (kidz, that's that's the quickest way to throw away a promising career) along with my close friend the now deceased dr gary mack (the team shrink...counseled j on marital issues with mrs crazytown, joumana) at my summer club in flagstaff, forest highlands (which is considered the augusta national of arizona)

j told me during one of our rounds together that his final college list included kansas, arizona, ohio state & kentucky with the jayhawks probably the leader despite his never actually ever visiting lawrence...he started playing in informal pick up games at harmon organized by his friend monty buckley...j told me there was a defining epiphany like moment when walking thru a grove of trees near the creek north of harmon with his bb bag over his shoulder on a beautiful bay area afternoon that it all came together for him

kidd realized how much he loved his mom & dad and that he wanted to share his college experience with them...it was that simple in jk's mind-he never even made an official visit to cal, there was no need to do so

so j played in front of his mom & dad and friends at the #1 public university in the world before moving on to generate $200+m in nba earning before recently being named the hc for the brooklyn nets

i last saw j at whisper rock a yr ago & he told me that he's never regretted his time at cal...he cherishes the collegiate memories he shared with his parents, dad steve died in 1999 (real talk, our parents will not love live forever and our time with them is limited)

fast forward & another top player in the usa from oakland is faced with similar choices/opportunities

what are your priorities in life, ivan?

mom matters#
jyamada
Shocky1;842146897 said:

as i wait with a cal buddy for our delayed flight to scotland* now is a good time to share the story of jason kidd's recruitment

*we will be traveling to trump's new course in aberdeen to continue my quest of playing the golf magazine world top 100 courses, the trump course is the sole new entrant to the 2013 list that i have not yet played...other highlights will include the machrie on the isle of islay (immortalized by the long and winding road), my favorite course in scotland the quirky cruden bay and of course, a return to the home of golf, the old course at st andrews

when kidd was with the phx suns, i used to host j, the team's asst coach frank johnson (later become the hc before losing too many games & having an affair with the also married wife of the suns largest corporate sponsor resulted in him being fired (kidz, that's that's the quickest way to throw away a promising career) along with my close friend the now deceased dr gary mack (the team shrink...counseled j on marital issues with mrs crazytown, joumana) at my summer club in flagstaff, forest highlands (which is considered the augusta national of arizona)

j told me during one of our rounds together that his final college list included kansas, arizona, ohio state & kentucky with the jayhawks probably the leader despite his never actually ever visiting lawrence...he started playing in informal pick up games at harmon organized by his friend monty buckley...j told me there was a defining epiphany like moment when walking thru a grove of trees near the creek north of harmon with his bb bag over his shoulder on a beautiful bay area afternoon that it all came together for him

kidd realized how much he loved his mom & dad and that he wanted to share his college experience with them...it was that simple in jk's mind-he never even made an official visit to cal, there was no need to do so

so j played in front of his mom & dad and friends at the #1 public university in the world before moving on to generate $200+m in nba earning before recently being named the hc for the brooklyn nets

i last saw j at whisper rock a yr ago & he told me that he's never regretted his time at cal...he cherishes the collegiate memories he shared with his parents, dad steve died in 1999 (real talk, our parents will not love live forever and our time with them is limited)

fast forward & another top player in the usa from oakland is faced with similar choices/opportunities

mom matters#

Shocky.....do you have any idea how much it's going to cost you to play all 100 courses?
Shocky1
stu;841955351 said:

Something else about paying attention to your college education is it will make you a better person in so many ways unrelated to salary.

curiosity did not kill the cat, it is a common characteristic of many (but not all) cal grads

gullivers travels#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842129009 said:

there is growing consensus among the cal donors that when monty eventually retires someday that sb will name travis decuire hc, gregg gottlieb associate hc & john montgomery retained too

recruiting elite student athletes to the #1 ranked public university in the world is a completely different skill set than just selling dumb azz 2.5 gpa ballers on your bb program...hiring a trendy candidate like brad stevens, shaka smart, chaka kahn or even phil jackson just won't work at cal...the recruitment of student athletes with high gpas is signficantly more challenging (because of the small talent pool) than just recruiting your typical d1 2.5 gpa baller whose heading to an academically glorified jc like arizona or oregon (90%+ acceptance rates assures its grads future floor supervisor careers at costco & best buy)

when this happens, with some of the $ saved from the reduction in salary from monty to td (whose contract will likely be structured with lucrative incentives based upon athletic milestones & continued academic success), the bears should make a serious run at college's winningiest (87.6% victories) coach, justin labagh of sfcc & former cal bb walk on

if labagh doesn't join td's staff, then the bears should target potential recuiting dynamos theo robertson, aj diggs or dennis gates

future cal monster classes continuity#
represent the bay#

travis decuire is in china for 12 days as part of the pac 12 globalization initiative along with craig robinson & ernie kent (hope ernie doesn't give travis any pointers on how to schmooze the wives of donors)

lost in translation#
HoopDreams
Cal backcourt...I think we can play fast this year ...

https://instagr.am/p/ckCKOjmwig
Shocky1
Shocky1;842147981 said:

travis decuire is in china for 12 days as part of the pac 12 globalization initiative along with craig robinson & ernie kent (hope ernie doesn't give travis any pointers on how to schmooze the wives of donors)

lost in translation#

"it's an incredible opportunity...as a coach with aspirations to one day be a head coach, it is an opportunity to do things that typically only head coaches do...it gives me an opportunity to interact with other head coaches on the road and hear other head coaches speak outside of our program...it will be great experience for me to grow as well"

continuity matters#
Shocky1
ar scored 10 pts in helping his team win the adidas nations showcase tnt on espn

biggest current question in cal bb recruiting?

which of the 2014 bigs prospects from among longtime targets thomas welsh, idrissa diallo, sami eleraky & malik pope and newly reclassified 2014's chris egi (rorie's new hs teammate) & tory miller (kravish's old hs teammate) will join amhaad on his official visit to cal for the ohio state fb weekend sept 14-15?

message in a bottle#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world
SFCityBear
HoopDreams;842148291 said:

Cal backcourt...I think we can play fast this year ...

https://instagr.am/p/ckCKOjmwig

What, no Cobbs?
HoopDreams
SFCityBear;842148674 said:

What, no Cobbs?

Of course J Cobbs
He's the team captain
Shocky1
Shocky1;842148663 said:

ar scored 10 pts in helping his team win the adidas nations showcase tnt on espn

which of the 2014 bigs prospects from among longtime targets thomas welsh, idrissa diallo, sami eleraky & malik pope and newly reclassified 2014's chris egi (rorie's new hs teammate) & tory miller (kravish's old hs teammate) will join amhaad on his official visit to cal for the ohio state fb weekend sept 14-15?

message in a bottle#

another potential visitor to join pg amhaad rorie in berkeley for the electric sept 14-15th big recuiting weekend is sacramento's capital christian 6'8', 200 lbs dj wilson who projects as a 4

previously a safety dance prospect, the bears along with usc & colorado are keeping an eye on malik pope's aau teammate (team superstar) who like chris egi (canadian 95 academic average) rocks a 4.0 gpa

"growing up my mom was strict...it was education comes first...my mom played basketball"

mr cranky pants personally checked out dj at the battle at the beach in redondo beach & was impressed with wilson's upside (needs a serious s&c program)...other bb staff watched him in las vegas recently

if dj continues to make strides & if the bears still have a slot this spring...

mom matters#
sacramento mayor kevin Johnson, cal grad & $30+m nba earnings#
sacramento ryan anderson, 1st team all pac 12 at cal & $10m+ nba earnings#
50 yr decision#

the university of california, berkeley=1 ranked public university in the world
CalBearsWinNC
If we land Pope 2014 will look very promising.
Shocky1
jyamada;842146933 said:

Shocky.....do you have any idea how much it's going to cost you to play all 100 courses?

hey jyamada, when i finished the world top 100 quest in march of 2012 at nine bridges at jeju island in south korea (following an extensive tour of japan including hirono, nauro, kawana & toyko golf), the editor of golf magazine south korea flew down from seoul the next day to interview me (along with his very cute assistant who laughed at all his jokes & smiled at me a lot)

the editor also asked the question re: the total cost

as a golf digest & golf magazine rating/ranking panelist for both publications, i'm comped on pretty much every golf course in the world which means i seldom ever pay any green fees

so the real costs involve travel and the last few yrs i've included my current 1st wife & kids on numerous foreign holidays/walkabouts

there are 464 candidate courses for the world list & to give you an idea of the travel involved this yrs 5 new courses are:

***shanqin bay, hainan island, china
***rye, southern england
***royal melbroune (east), australia
***cabot links, nova scotia, canada
***trump intnt., aberdeen, scotland

i played the trump course this morning which means i have now played the world golf lists for the years 2001-2013

the total cost thus far would be approximately $800,000 usd

i'm not a trust funder, i grew up in middle class family with 2 loving cal grads as parents who told both my sister (who has ridden her bike across the united states, competed in the iron women in hawaii and also does volunteer work at the local prison-podiatry) that we could do anything we set our minds to in life

i caddied at san francisco golf club during hs & during summers while at cal...the knowledge gained there of people & social situations along with a cal degree (hass undergrad biz school) have opened a lot of doors in life

a cal degree is truly the smartest 50 yr decision a young person could ever make in the relentless pursuit of their dreams in life

ar said it best, "cal is a dream school"

NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842149259 said:

hey jyamada, when i finished the world top 100 quest in march of 2012 at nine bridges at jeju island in south korea (following an extensive tour of japan including hirono, nauro, kawana & toyko golf), the editor of golf magazine south korea flew down from seoul the next day to interview me (along with his very cute assistant who laughed at all his jokes & smiled at me a lot)

as a golf digest & golf magazine rating/ranking panelist for both publications, i'm comped on pretty much every golf course in the world which means i seldom ever pay any green fees

so the real costs involve travel and the last few yrs i've included my current 1st wife & kids on numerous foreign holidays/walkabouts

there are 464 candidate courses for the world list & to give you an idea of the travel involved this yrs 5 new courses are:

***rye, southern england

i played the trump course this morning which means i have now played the world golf lists for the years 2001-2013

i'm not a trust funder, i grew up in middle class family with 2 loving cal grads as parents who told both my sister (who has ridden her bike across the united states, competed in the iron women in hawaii and also does volunteer work at the local prison-podiatry) that we could do anything we set our minds to in life

i caddied at san francisco golf club during hs & during summers while at cal...the knowledge gained there of people & social situations along with a cal degree (hass undergrad biz school) have opened a lot of doors in life

a cal degree is truly the smartest 50 yr decision a young person could ever make in the relentless pursuit of their dreams in life

I dub thee Shockefeller.
south bender
NYCGOBEARS;842149260 said:

I dub thee Shockefeller.

Extremely clever, NYCGBEARS!

Made me laugh aloud!
jyamada
Shocky1;842149259 said:

***rye, southern england

Shocky....you're amazing! How do you find the time to post recruiting updates with that kind of schedule? Thanks again for your updates too! Always look forward to them.
Shocky1
no more teachers
no more books
no more mr cranky pants dirty looks

ok, schools not actually out forever, but cal's fall semester doesn't start until aug 22nd

todays the final official day of summer bridge

congrats to the cal monster class of jabari, jordan, sam, kameron & roger for successfully completing the 2013 summer bridge program which will hasten their academic and s&c transitions

the grind#
summer breezes#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842148663 said:

message in a bottle#

"i will visit washington, harvard, stanford and vanderbilt"

my take is that the bears will move forward with the other bigs although it's possible that playing his sr season at montverde with amhaad could change his recruitment down the road
HoopDreams
Shocky1
Shocky1;842130606 said:

name: thomas welsh

class: 2014

gpa: 3.7 (at an academically rigorous hs)

height: 7'

weight: 240 lbs

position: 5

hs: loyola cubs (los angeles)

hs coach: jamal adams

aau: la rockfish

cal unofficial: june 17, 2013-1st visit to cal

cal official: tbd

cal connection: bears recruiting teammate max hazzard

family: bro henry is a 6'8" sophomore cubs teammate

college leaders: cal (offer)
stanford (unofficial june 15/16)
usc (offer)
ucla (offered by previous staff)
arizona
asu (offer)

welsh quotes: "he's (mr cranky pants) a great guy...i love talking to him...he talked about the double post system they have and about the campus and school...i've talked to cal probably the most...i'm looking for the best combination of academics and athletics possible"

shockster opinion: welsh is absolutely blowing up this summer & is the fastest rising big man on the west coast...as an elite student, i doubt he seriously considers schools with less than stellar academic reputations

stanford (dawkins will likely be fired after 2014) & usc (will the trojans guards share the ball like smooth facilitator/distributor amhaad rorie?) are his favorites along with the bears...cal offers the best combination of elite academics & a double post system that will showcase welsh's soft touch & hustle around the basket

tw currently on an unofficial visit to colorado
Shocky1
Shocky1;842146897 said:

mom matters#

schools recruiting hardest: "cal, arizona, north carolina, duke, just got an offer from louisville"

mom's preference: "stay kind of close"

dad's preference: "go far away and enjoy myself"

parent's influence: "definitely will have an influence, they are my parents afterall...but at the end of the day they want me to make the decision and i want to make the right decision"

mom (and dad) matter#
50 yr decision#

Mr. Frumble
Shocky1;842149732 said:

"i will visit washington, harvard, stanford and vanderbilt"

my take is that the bears will move forward with the other bigs although it's possible that playing his sr season at montverde with amhaad could change his recruitment down the road

Any insight as to whether Ray Kasongo is one of the other bigs Cal is targeting?

Haven't seen any news linking Cal and Kasongo since this article a few weeks ago.

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/canadian-big-man-kasongo-adding-offers/#more-100228
Shocky1
Mr. Frumble;842150138 said:

Any insight as to whether Ray Kasongo is one of the other bigs Cal is targeting?

Haven't seen any news linking Cal and Kasongo since this article a few weeks ago.

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/canadian-big-man-kasongo-adding-offers/#more-100228

don't think the bears have any traction with the freakishly athletic ray kasongo

his recruiting advisor is brandon bender, a former louisville player & alleged runner

bad mentor#
gobears
will see a few more dunks in the 13/14 season, is my guess:

Big C
Shocky, what do you know about that Mason Stuteville (sp?) guy that is being mentioned in another thread?

Shocky1;842150017 said:

schools recruiting hardest: "cal, arizona, north carolina, duke, just got an offer from louisville"

mom's preference: "stay kind of close"

dad's preference: "go far away and enjoy myself"

parent's influence: "definitely will have an influence, they are my parents afterall...but at the end of the day they want me to make the decision and i want to make the right decision"

mom (and dad) matter#
50 yr decision#

First Page Last Page
Page 32 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.