cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,280,497 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OaktownBear said:

On that GPA. Let's be clear. A 3.67 UC GPA at an affluent high school is not a good Gpa. for those that are 50 like me, that is probably like a 3.1 or 3.2 in our day and I am being generous. First you have grade inflation. Such that about half of all high school grades are A's. In affluent schools it is higher. My kids generally score 98-100% (sometimes higher than 100%) in classes where you need an 89.5% to get an A. With weighted classes,that 3.67 equates to 8 A's and 16 B's. That is not even approaching top 50% of the class let alone top 10% in an affluent high school. As I said, I don't accept that number as real for Martin's kid, but the argument is being made that Cal should accept a kid with that GPA which I'd bet puts him bottom third, from an affluent high school with all those advantages. There is no freaking way that kid is qualified.
Thank you for talking about grade inflation.
My kid scored 1410 and had straight A's, no A minuses, including probably 8 AP classes. Her GPA was probably 4.5. She was wait listed to Cal Poly and denied at UCSB.

3.67 at Cal? Gimme a break.

Grade inflation is a serious problem.
concordtom
Go!Bears said:

Understood, but if Tedford's son was a 'preferred walk-on', then 3.67 has to be good enough for that, no? Or did the kid not play Bball? Just seems like there was a side door he could have slipped in through. Which makes me think maybe that was not really the issue.
Hey, my family has setup professorships. $$$$.
Should we use one of these "side doors" to get my kids into Cal?
concordtom
Dude, get your misogynistic "curvy sexy yoga" crap out of here.
Haven't you learned anything in these last few years???
concordtom
socaltownie said:

I did. It seems gone
No way!!!!
Youtube doesn't do that?
I have videos of my little kids still up on mine. How can that be?

That sucks. I looked at it a few years ago and was still laughing my ass off.
Oh well. You did good, SoCal.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqotbzCSCVk]

colin morikowa: after a -2 performance last week at the masters (yeah the shockster has played 12 rounds at augusta national), he's gonna compete this week at the pga's heritage classic (the small greens & tight fairways at harbour town are a good fit with morikowa's deadly accuracy)...colin will also play next week's zurich classic (a 2 player team event) with his childhood junior golf buddy matthew wolff, needs to putt lights out like he did in his victory at the concession with his new saw grip

max homa: after a +4 missed cut last week at the masters, max is gonna take this week off in north scottsdale & get ready for teaming up at the zurich classic with his tour buddy talor gooch...epic victory at the riv drained him for a while but he should be mentally fresh now

brandon hagy: gonna tee it up at the heritage classic, brandon's redunkulous length off the tee will allow him to score/attack all 3 of harbour town's reachable par 5s & also drive the short par 4 9th hole, love this guy

michael kim: gonna tee it up at the heritage classic but his 2 year pga tour exemption gained from his epic john deere classic victory is running out & he's missing a lot of cuts...coach desimone was very disappointed when kim decided to leave berkeley early without a diploma (kinda like matt bradley who got zero nba upside according to nba scouts the monster has spoken too), michael didn't work long enough in cal's s&c program & is now a short crooked driver of the golf ball with an uncertain financial future

james hahn: not playing this week as he's still recovering at his greyhawk home from a wrist injury but off to a great start this season

byeong hun an: gonna tee it up at the heritage classic, currently 152 in fed ex standings (top 125 retain their pga card for next season)...the former us amateur champion left berkeley after only 1 year as he wasn't really interested in reading books & **** like that...will partner with sungjae im at the zurich classic

joel salter: not playing in this week's austrian open, salter got one victory to date on the european tour but has been missing cuts lately

kk limbhaust: gonna tee it up tomorrow at the korn ferry tour event in las vegas at the paiute resort (diabolical dye design), needs a big week in his quest to retain his korn ferry tour exemption card

sebastian crampton: qualified for the pga mackenzie tour in canada later this year (development tour one notch below the korn ferry tour), as one of the few blacks playing pro golf gotta root for sebastian to achieve his dreams which will require a significantly improved wedge game

michael weaver: has retired from pro golf, not sure weav ever fully mentally recovered from missing a sidehill 3 footer on the crusty baked green 18th hole at cherry hills to win the us amateur (he later tried to drive the green on the 1st playoff hole but hooked it wildly & lost the hole then attacking his golf bag with his club), the most brutal moment in cal golf history

the shockster: will need to travel to scotland (ardfin), new zealand (new c&c course at tara iti) & south korea (cape owners club) to stay current on his world top 100 travels: http://top100golf.blogspot.com/2006/01/people-who-have-played-top-100-golf.html

cal golf team: disappointing season thus far, started this week's tournament at pasatiempo with the best team effort of the year but will finish in the middle of the pack...sr finnigan tilly is an intense competitor but hopefully the team's best player kaiwen liu will return as planned for coach chun next season after sitting out this year...freshmen aaron du & sampson zheng got lots of upside as they learn how to avoid the double bogeys & worse and jr james song is a solid player...the challenge is developing reliable depth beyond the top 4 players...next tournament is the pac 12 championship at the short but challenging mayacama (arguably one of the nicklaus group best designs along with muirfield village)

this is cal golf (off to the races)#

[/url]

Big C
concordtom said:

concordtom, you yourself posted something here recently that objectified women, Please don't get holier-than-thou on us.
calumnus
SBGold
concordtom is a straight up fraud on Shocky concerns
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

"i can't wait to get the **** out of cold freezing azz chicago in the wintertime and go to cali and get to know one of them curvy brunette yoga females...i'm also looking forward to dropping dimes including ******* outrageous lob entry passes to my boy young ivee...and yeah, i'm also gonna tell that dumb azz shocky face to face (since we're the same height) that i got a 3.86 gpa"

-charlie moore

"i'm really excited to have charlie moore join our basketball program...he's a skilled point guard with the toughness to attack the rim and make plays for his teammates...charlie is a guy who can make big shots, especially from the 3 point line, and he has the ability to score in bunches...he's a winner and he's won at a high level with his high school team as well as his aau team, the mac irvin fire...charlie continues the legacy of talented guys who have come out of chicago to play for cal"

-coach martin

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including chi town)
congrats to my boy charlie moore earning a diploma from hometown depaul, that's an amazing achievement after his academic struggles while juggling basketball & berkeley classwork his freshman year

he also had zero interest in playing for wyking (now an assistant coach at washington, dude is just terrible at player development), when players don't wanna play for coaches, **** happens

my favorite memory of charlie was an impromptu studying session together in a lobby sofa at the bears honolulu hotel on our road trip to hawaii (dontae was on another sofa), he shared with me some of his realities of growing up near the airport

excited to follow charlie again next season as he grad transfers, should've never doubted his gpa back in the day

charlie moore's iq>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the shockster's iq>>>>>>them curvy brunette yoga females with flat stomachs from academically mediocre schools iq>>>>>>>>ged recipients iq>>>>a dead person>>criminal dana altman's recruits iq

ambition (it's something in your veins)#
Fyght4Cal
Shocky1 said:

Fyght4Cal said:

Now is our winter of discontent made glorious summer by this Shocky1, son of Cal.

just for the record it's never winter here in north scottsdale, that's why 100+ pga pros including max homa (the king of funny azz **** talking twitter, $2.6m season earnings), brandon hagy (the next cal bear who will win a pga tournament, the new dc ranch dad is now mentally stronger, taylor & i walked with him during the monday qualifier at mccormick ranch when he shot a 66 but missed the playoff by a stroke for the playoff & the 3 tournament spots at the phx open, finished 2nd recently at the honda classic at -7 earning $700k+, one of the top 10 longest drivers of the ball on tour), james hahn (great year 64th in fed ex standings currently recovering at his greyhawk home from a wrist injury) & kk limbhaust (trying to move up to the pga tour from the korn ferry) live here & play at whisper rock, estancia, silverleaf, desert forest & tpc scottdale & will not be surprised if colin morikowa (the best iron player on planet earth, $2.7m season earnings) makes the move from the summit club in las vegas (a vapid cartball fazio design on a windy site, only plus is nevada's zero state income tax if your cheap as **** like wyking) next...and yeah all these guys are not dumb azzs (they are all grads of the haas biz school like the shockster except max but that's ok because lacey holds his hands & makes sure he takes the right blue & gold short bus to the rock every morning), they read cal's monster class but not sure about them rescue dogs or something

tell your friends i never wanna see them again, tucson is a ******* dump

don't be a dumb azz (underwear & cold weather is for losers)#

Billy Shakes wrote clearly. Not *your* winter. *Our* winter.
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
Fyght4Cal
Shocky1 said:

Fyght4Cal said:

EL OH EL

hope you not an elementary school teacher or something, binge drinking (sorry paula but u ugly) is not a good look (unless ur doing the hang with a curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach)

yeah we're all ******* black beetles, we came in thru the side door, release the cash, haters mad for whatever reason

don't be a dumb azz (spelling/punctuation is for crowd pleasers)#

the magic of cal basketbal (coach wilcox is shaking his head)l#

That's affirmative Big Shocky1. The iz mads stay mad.

Not a teacher or a drinker. Merely a self-flagellating observer of Cal sports.

Shocky1
wyking jones is a an ineffectual developer of talent & an insecure all around bad dude, he is kinda like stds, he's gonna continue to infect the bears for years

jones prior stop to cal was on the louisville pitino staff when the program engaged in documented underage sex stripper mom & daughter recruiting visits

arriving in berkeley he was not involved in the recruitments of either ivan rabb (coach martin was the lead) or jaylen brown (coach martin & coach webster)

as the bears big coach the king, rooks & rabb did not appreciably develop (they arguably might of even regressed) under his tutelage...i once asked jones at practice why the bears were schematically not feeding the ball to young ivee more in the low block & he told me that ivan "just needed to work harder"

instead of the bears hiring the much better fits in travis decuire, dennis gates or joe pasternak the dynamic duo of puri & williams were successfully lobbied by an influential professor at cal whose sister is wyking's wife

once wyking got hired, the players who knew jones started departing in charlie moore to kansas & kameron rooks to san diego state while the key incoming recruits (who had met jones during their official visits) jemarl baker flipped to kentucky & olivier sarr (a silent commitment) flipped to wake forest, that's 3 maybe 4 starters gone...marcus lee (who got to know jones during his redshirt year after transferring from kentucky) considered transferring too but his expiring eligibility & the power of the cal degree kept him in berkeley

this is where it gets kinda tricky, so you gotta pay attention, ok?

a family friend of mine is dominic proctor from bishop gorman in las vegas, he was recruited by coach martin as a 6'5" walk on...when jones got hired proctor's dad called him multiple times to see if the cal walk on offer was still valid, he never got a call back...so the dad called me & i spoke to wyking in person to see what's up...jones told me he was "too busy putting together his staff" to make the 5 minute call to proctor's dad...meanwhile the coaches at proctor's nationally recognized elite aau team the las vegas stars were also calling jones to find out the status of one of their favorite team members & not getting any call backs

eventually the proctors realized jones was ghosting them & dom ended up walking on at miami over north carolina but the reputational damage to cal basketball was already done

so shortly thereafter wyking calls the staff at the las vegas stars to inquire about then duke transfer chase jeter who was an ideal fit for berkeley, a 5 star mcdonalds all american with a 3.7 gpa (moms is a school teacher) who would start & play 30-35 minutes per game at the post allowing marcus lee to slide to his more natural 4...but guess what?...the stars coaching staff tells jones to go **** himself, if he can't respect their bench players then he will never sign one of their stars, he's blackballed

so jeter signs with the donut boy of tuscon (& the bears play the next 2 seasons without a true center)

at that point cal's monster class has some intentionally vague references reminding wyking that as a head coach it's absolutely critical that he return all phone calls, if it take 18 hour days to get it done, then it's gotta get done (sleeping is not a priority)

jones reaction is to tell the bears staff including my longtime friend/floor guest theo robertson (who steve kerr refers to as "an absolute rock star" in the coaching profession) to ghost me, he also meets with the censor to try to end cal's monster class

wyking is so insecure that even tho theo has the closest & longest relationship with 5 star all america jordan brown & his dad, he pulls robertson off that recruitment in favor of his buddy the dirty david grace (fired by ucla & vanderbilt for sketchy sneaker facilitations, he's currently unemployed living in phx)...despite the bears leading for the 5 star brown (recently named the pac 12 6th player of the year) since his freshman year, dion can't see his son being developed by wyking & sends him to musselmen at nevada

so at the maui classic theo is in charge of the game prep for the next game, he tells video guy mitch elkins that he wants to break down film clips for tendencies for all of the opponents key rotational players just like they do in the nba...elkins complains to wyking & the lazy azz jones tells robertson we're not gonna do all of that work & be up all night...theo can't believe it, he just wants the bears to be prepared per his training with coach montgomery & the golden state warriors

theo is already warm under the collar so when he's baited/hassled by the toxic s&c coach jordan james regarding who is sitting where on the team bus to the arena, a shoving/yelling match ensues, robertson is sent home & a settlement agreement is later reached...the players love theo, he's an expert at shooting mechanics (which is not surprising considering he's cal's greatest 3 point shooter ever), they don't respect jones & the listless bears get blown out 96-72 by d2 chaminade...sitting behind the cal bench in kanapalli, it's noticeable that all of the bears are sluggish & refuse to make eye contact with him, they don't want to play for jones

at that point i'm done with cal basketball, give up my floor seats

at the oregon state football game in corvallis that fall i meet the very likable jim knowlton for the 1st time, tell him my story & he tells me he'll get back to me...knowlton later sends me an email telling me that in response to his question jones told him he has "no idea" why i'm no longer supporting cal basketball

after wyking's 1st season he runs off high gpa student athletes deschon winston & austin mccullough whose only crime was that they should've never been recruited by jones in the 1st place, neither had any other legit d1 offers...will not criticize jones for brandon chauca's departure, that's 100% on that player

cal basketball loses much of its energy/momentum over the course of the next 2 years as the losses pile up & the crowds dwindle at haas...at the postgame press conferences jones is often at a loss for words as to why the bears are losing on a nightly basis

knowlton does the right thing after the 2nd fiasco season, cal contractually will pay wyking's 1 million annual salary for each of the next 3 years in an ongoing stream of payments...is jones appreciative of the head coaching opportunity he was given & the money?...no he badmouths cal and encourages the transfers of justice sueing to ohio state, connor vanover to arkansas & darius mcneil to smu while moving to las vegas to avoid paying state income taxes

everywhere he's gone wyking has left a trail of destruction

yeah washington is gonna now experience the wyking **** show up close & personal

go dawgs#

Big C

That's a lot to unpack. About halfway through, I was wondering if shocky was going to get to 'l'Affaire Theo", curiosity over which was the straw that broke the camel's back that got me to finally sign up for premium a few years ago... yup.

Read the above post soon everybody; I'm not sure if it'll be up forever. Or maybe it will be. Who knows.
philbert
i felt like getting punched in the gut repeatedly as i read that.
Big C

Shocky, just in case your reappearance here is ephemeral, I'll try hit you right up with a question here and there...

Do you think Theo would ever come back to Cal, under the right circumstances?
(He seems like he wants to coach in the NBA, but his potential there might be limited.)
Shocky1
Big C said:

Shocky, just in case your reappearance here is ephemeral, I'll try hit you right up with a question here and there...

Do you think Theo would ever come back to Cal, under the right circumstances?
(He seems like he wants to coach in the NBA, but his potential there might be limited.)
theo loves the nba & his reputation in the league for working hands on with shooters is impeccable, he teaches not only shooting mechanics (ball on the fingertips, elbow angles, vertical release) but also coaches up the location (where on the 3 point line, the center, the corners) & timing (when in the time clock, game situational awareness)...look at jordan mathews & jabari bird pure shooting strokes, they both mentored under robertson who has also been effusively praised by seth curry & klay thompson

watching joel brown among others crooked azz shooting, one can only think they would improve under theo's tutelage

there is zero doubt that the tireless worker will be a head coach in due time, he's a player's coach who has learned the game from his time with coach montgomery, the los angeles lakers & the golden state warriors

theo has told me the only college he would ever consider is cal, it surprised me when mark fox (who had just recently worked with robertson at basketball usa) did not try to bring robertson in as an assistant coach...recruiting to cal is an unique proposition because of the academic requirements & coaches who have either played or coached in berkeley are much better positioned to successfully recruit...a second significant fox mistake was retaining the toxic s&c coach jordan james during his 1st year in berkeley...the third fox mistake was hiring assistant coaches who lack dynamic west coast recruiting relationships or past affiliation with cal, right now they are wasting time with low academic portal transfer ballers from the midwest/east coast seeking lots of immediate playing time instead of focusing upon predominantly california & academically focused international prospects

how important is it for assistant coaches to have cal ties?

after coach martin's departure both joe pasternack & dennis gates reached out to me for the monster's support

joe got my private # from roxy (his brother in law) & we talked during arizona's prep time for the ncca tournament...he told me that he is the only coach that could get the practice facility built in that his relationships with both doug goldman (who withdrew his $10m lead gift order in protest of the wyking hire) & former cal grad financier michael milken (net worth is 4 billion) would ensure that the $28m project got built in the current coach's parking lot

pasternack told me his targeted coaching staff would include candidates such as theo, my frequent floor seat guest richard midgley (currently working as a scout for the brooklyn nets & financial planning) & former cal guard nikola knezevic...as joe was on braun's staff back in the day, all of these guys would sell berkeley first day out like their hair was on fire

my only problem with pasternack is his past connection to the oakland soldiers then pipeline to the donut boy of tucson but midgely (who i trust implicitly) has told me that joe would run a clean program & that's good enough for me

dennis gates got my private # from midgely, in speaking with him he's an absolute winner in every sense of the word, his intensity is palpable...i told him ashwin puri told me that he came across as unprepared during his interview, gates told me it was only a 15-20 minute phone interview & that it came while he was game prepping for florida state during the ncca tournament & had not closely studied the cal roster which is understandable

gates told me his targeted staff candidates would include theo, midgely & lou richie...once again a young hungry staff with deep cal ties

puri torpedoed pasternack, gates & decuire because he was singularly focused upon eric musselman who he knew from a previous work experience...musselman played puri (who should've never been in charge of the job search along with williams, jay john would've been a much more savvy & well connected point person) by telling him "cal was a dream job" when in fact he was just using our interest to negotiate a better deal with nevada's largest donor, a casino magnate (yanni told me he lived rent free on a high floor with free laundry & room service during his year with musselman)...puri believed musselman because the divorced ex nba coach's kids went to school in danville & that his very attractive young black wife would help kill it on the recruiting trail, the monster is in agreement that recruiting is most effectively not done by old white guys...yanni has shared with me that musselman has zero regards for academic achievement, when the wildpack lost a close game with missed free throws down the stretch musselman told the assistants after the game that he wanted all the guys to put up at least 500 free throws early the next morning...when it was pointed out that some of the guys had required classes, musselman made it clear he didn't give a **** about reading books & other intellectual pursuits

so yeah theo (currently a player development coach with the golden state warriors, recently agreed to be the big c's liaison director for cal basketball) would consider returning to cal someday in the future...still hoping mark fox can turn it around but his stubbornness in changing out some of his ineffective recruiting assistant coaches, inability to be a player's coach instead of an authoritarian overlord, failure to grow/energize the fan base thru social media outreach like the cal's monster class & outdated playing style are working against him
tsubamoto2001
Shocky, bro...keep it coming. Honestly, your posts are the only ones in a very...and I mean VERY...long time that have given me hope for Cal Basketball. Maybe it's false hope, but it's still hope.

I know some may feel looking at the past is dwelling over spilled milk but it's important see where the mistakes were made. The main issue now is getting the right decision-makers in place to make the next hire.

BTW, what's your opinion of Arizona hiring Lloyd? That whole thing seems to be a mess. Lots of their hoops alum are upset they didn't "keep it in the family" by hiring Damon (somewhat understandable, IMO) or even Pastner to a lesser extent (extensive body of work shows he's proven to be mediocre, IMO).
joe amos yaks
xCoach Jones won't be in Seattle very long. Without a complete reversal of season 2020-21 uDub will scrub Coach Hopkins' house after the 2021-22 season ... don't move the family outta' Vegas.

Too bad for the young centers (Grant and Sorn).
bearmanpg
Welcome back Bill...hope it's not temporary...
Big C
bearmanpg said:

Welcome back Bill...hope it's not temporary...

Seriously. Even if it's just a temporary blast, it's something. Especially at a time like this.
SBGold
For sure
Fyght4Cal
Ooooo-weee! The monster coming with the inside dope. The list of people I despise has just gotten a bit longer. Thanks Shocky1 for bringing clarity to our situation.
concordtom
Big C said:

concordtom said:

concordtom, you yourself posted something here recently that objectified women, Please don't get holier-than-thou on us.
That's true.
I recant that inappropriate post of mine. She was attractive and I was caught out opining about it.
I do not take back my requests for Shocky to end this part of his schtick.
concordtom
Fyght4Cal said:

Ooooo-weee! The monster coming with the inside dope. The list of people I despise has just gotten a bit longer. Thanks Shocky1 for bringing clarity to our situation.
I wonder what the wealthier, longer-term backers of Cal Hoops would have to say about Shocky's "tell all".
I wonder if Shocky feels vindicated by finally deciding to tell his side of the story.
I wonder WHY Shocky feels compelled to dive into all this in such a way. Maybe the job title of "sports team GM" was otherwise not gonna happen. That's okay, we all have dreams.

Do I care if he wants to muddy himself into the dynamics of the program as if he's pulling the strings?
I just don't like the smut aspects of it, making fun of players for their clothing choices, and discussing who they are dating. Stuff like that should not be a part of it. It's base, rude, and childish.

And, creating a post where people learn who to despise, and otherwise argue with one another, is NOT positive recruiting.

We can all do our part to keep it clean and on the up n up.

.......Entertaining reading hearing Shocky name drop everyone, trashing many, all while supposedly boosting his own credibility via the connections. Certainly NOT in the best interest of the Cal program. If I were ANYONE on the inside or thinking of becoming part of Cal basketball, I would NOT associate myself with Bill in any way - because we all know it's going to be written about in a Bearinsider thread near you. Lord only knows what confidentialities he shares in 1v1 conversations, and who he'll turn on next time around.

Y'all are just egging him on.
parentswerebears
I don't know if you've ever met him in real life. I don't know how much is Schtick and how much is real, but I have enjoyed the time I've spent with him. And BI is much more enjoyable with him than without. But to each their own.
AunBear89
concordtom
parentswerebears said:

I don't know if you've ever met him in real life. I don't know how much is Schtick and how much is real, but I have enjoyed the time I've spent with him. And BI is much more enjoyable with him than without. But to each their own.
I rode an elevator with him. We talked.
But he didn't know who I was.
I decided to not introduce myself after hearing him talk. I no longer recall what it was that turned me off.
The funny thing is (and I've told this story before), I was one of the first people he got to post on the first Monster Board. We had conversation about his strategy for getting recruits to come to Cal, and he simply wanted to employ me as a traffic bot (as they are now known today). I obliged for a short while but quickly was like, wait, I ain't going for this campaign.
It then grew into more and more zaniness - like a drug addict seeking more coke, he upped his involvement with Cal Hoops all the way into the front few rows. He wasn't even attending games when this all started.

Whatever, I'm sure he's much more fun to talk to at games than me. And he no doubt enjoys it, so....

I just think the approach is wrong. But they haven't hired me as GM, either. :-)

BTW, glad the dam didn't burst on you guys! That had become pretty scary for a while there!

SFCityBear
Shocky,

I never knew what caused your departure or your continued hiatus, but boy, I am sure glad to see you back.

There has been so much negativity here for so long, that after every visit I make to the Bear Insider now, I have to take a shower afterwards.

I loved the post on what former Cal players are doing now. It was positive and upbeat, compared to what we usually read and write here.

The posts on what was going on behind the scenes all seemed very reasonable, and believable. I kept saying to my self, over and over with almost each line, "Aha, that sure makes sense."

The Wyking stuff was worse than I ever imagined. I was wrong that he might have been good at player development. I figured he was such a bad coach, that development might have been his only redeeming quality. In basketball, like anything else, it is not how good you are at something that necessarily lands you a job.

I laughed about Musselman, the 500 free throws, and academics. Here's a story about Al McGuire, legendary Marquette coach: He once said, "With the game on the line at the end, I'd rather have a C student shoot the free throws, than an A student." When asked why, McGuire said, "Because the A student might start thinking about all the ways he could miss the free throw, but the C student will be focusing on making it."

Please keep the Monster going, Shocky. We need it so badly, especially now. At least once in a while, when you feel up to it. Its a treasure trove of Cal BB. Priceless.

SFCityBear

PS: You are livin' the dream. What was your low round at Augusta National?
SFCityBear
Shocky1
what up sfcb?

one of the most enjoyable aspects of cal basketball for me has been the opportunity as the director of recruiting/gameday attendance/player fashion & academics to invite & sit next to on the floor with a legion # of true fans (not to be confused with sorry azz broken down tv fans) that bleed blue & gold and hear all of your stories...love you sharing with me re: your appreciation of team basketball (i.e. the newell era) & the ballers at kezar's sf summer pro/am league, 71b's love of the bears playing stout d in football, parentswerebears unsafe/tireless long drives to haas, bearsmangpg backbreaking (yeah he's 6'6") car travels to check out the best of nor cal hs bb, hoop dreams passion to play rec ball on gamedays, etc...yeah the happiest people on planet earth got their special places that always give them ******* chills, for the shockster haas (along with augusta national, memorial stadium & my yoga studio) is my palace...what's you palace?

so what i remember most about meeting you is our lively debate re: t-wall: your view being that he don't share/distribute the ball like a true 1 (which is still accurate) & me telling you about my conversations with the la clippers scouts re: his coveted nba skillsets

and then this happens, you couldn't make this **** up even in a hollywood blockbuster, nobody would believe it

the tyrone irony is not lost on me as i race in my fuchsia (ok maybe purple) villebrequin shirt at the blinding speed of light towards the mystical green light of the future, the center of the court at our palace...as the crowd follows my lead in ******* stormin' the floor, i look back & catch a glimpse of you still glued to the courtside sidelines clapping your hands like a model citizen (not a social activist hippie that don't follow them rules)... jay john warns me the next day that the pac 12 might impose a $25k fine for failing to control the crowd, i tell him i will pay any & all fines, transforming bears for life (growing the fanbase is everyone's responsibility including even that dumb azz oski who still hasn't graduated from berkeley in the last century) & celebrating life (mostly thru steamy sex) is always way more important than money (yeah saw that on a lululemon bag or something)

so after i'm done jumping up & down (with a vj comparable to lars) flapping my arms like an angry seagull at fisherman's wharf you can see in the video that i circle around the frenzied/jubiliant still screaming from the rooftop crowd (cal band is great) to celebrate/shoulder hug with both coach martin & coach webster (who is doing some funky happy dance by himself)...when i get back to the seats we say our goodbyes & i enthusiastically shoulder hug you too which is kinda funny because you definitely don't seem comfortable in getting that physical **** from the monster...and trust me, the shockster don't think you look like a curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach or something...not at all

namaste bill

the magic of cal basketball (share it with a friend)#
Shocky1

low round at augusta national: 76 from the men's tees (6365 yards) including a deuce on the iconic par 3 12th
BearForce2
Post removed:
by user
HoopDreams
killer cross-over...

https://www.tiktok.com/@hoopersfl/video/6952153493830405381?lang=en&is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1
Fyght4Cal
HoopDreams said:

killer cross-over...

https://www.tiktok.com/@hoopersfl/video/6952153493830405381?lang=en&is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1

Faked the lion out of his jock and put him in the popcorn machine. (H/T Chick Hearn)
Shocky1
that tix tok kinda reminds of the mercurial distributor/facilitator joel brown

joel, you gotta work on your vision (dribbling with your head/eyes down to ******* nowhere in particular is for losers) but your unselfish heart is already in the right place...and yeah you gotta put up 1000+ shots every ******* day this offseason...if you do this, the monster is gonna introduce you to one of them curvy brunette yoga females, got it?

jaylen brown believes you gotta do something 10,000 times before you master that skill, that's why the shockster got a yoga/meditation practice, never wanna be an uptight dude walking around with negative thoughts

joel, your my favorite player (the mentally limitless cognitive impairment expert grant anticevich never kept his word on promising me how to speak australian as a 7th language) after my idol mr surfer dude cole welle's little bro blake, gotta love them neglected sorry azz broken down walk ons, they like rescue dogs but hopefully don't **** under the piano when nobody is paying attention

plus you got good hair (unlike mark fox)

in the worst way (breaking down defenders matters)#
First Page Last Page
Page 328 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.