The Official BearInsider Fardaws Aimaq Fan Club

11,159 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BearSD
01Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

01Bear said:

How about if Daws at least played a bit more like Charles Oakley and Bill Laimbeer? I just want to see some swagger and physical dominance. Doesn't have to be a scorer, necessarily, but have to be a physical presence in the post.

Daws was heavy into MMA for 8 years (studied martial arts for total of 11 years and holds a black belt), If any of those p@ussies cheap shoted him, he would have them tapping out within 30 seconds, unless they preferred a broken bone or unconsciousness.

I've never seen Daws fight, so I can't say what he's like in the ring. But just because someone trains in fighting doesn't mean he's actually a good fighter, hence the term, "gym fighter." To be clear, I'm not saying Daws is a gym fighter (again, I've never seen him fight), rather, the argument that everyone trained in fighting must be a fighter is flawed.

What I really want is to see Daws bring a fighter's attitude to the hardwood. Throw some bows and don't be afraid to mix it up.
01Bear
HoopDreams said:

The fact that we are complaining about Fardaws after 20 rebounds, 14 points, 5 assists and a block to preserve the win is crazy to me

Oh, and regarding those missed second half shot, anyone attending the game could see he was fouled on some of his shots

Throw some elbows and make them pay for getting close.
bearister
Never seen a basketball player that even knew how to put his guard up and they wouldn't last long on the floor.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
01Bear
bearister said:

Never seen a basketball player that even knew how to put his guard up and they wouldn't last long on the floor.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here.
HoopDreams

Civil Bear
HoopDreams said:

Yeah, but he's soft.

smh
01Bear
Civil Bear said:

HoopDreams said:

Yeah, but he's soft.

smh

The Lakers just unveiled the (first of three) Kobe staue(s) outside Staples/Crypto today. The stories about Kobe and the Mamba mentality stand in stark contrast to the attitudes of those on this board who insist that Daws's numbers prove he's somehow tough enough.

I was a Kobe critic when he first joined the league. But over time, Kobe won me over. He ran over those who stood in the way of his goals (including his Lakers teammate Pau Gasol in the 2008 Olympics). He outworked those who were blessed with more talent and maximized his own. He did what it took to be the best.

Kobe serves as a reminder that winners demand excellence, not just "good enough." I want Cal (and Daws) to be winners.
RedlessWardrobe
01Bear said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

01Bear said:

bearister said:

Daws is now # 4 in NCAA Double Double Standings. When viewed in the history of Cal centers, he is one of our very good ones.

It was only discussed by a few in this thread, but his offensive efficiency crashes after too many playing minutes. I suppose that when he knows he is gassed, he should pass more and just focus on boards and D.

The criticism here makes me wonder how many Cal games the critics have logged.

I also think there is a bit of the Cris Collinsworth/Greg Papa Jared Goff Syndrome going on here. Like they did with Goff, you are doing with Daws. They bashed him early in his career and from then on, to shore up their initial analysis, they had to keep focusing on the negative and minimize the positive.

I like Daws; I want him to do well.

But I also grew up in the golden age of big men. I got to watch Kareem play against Ewing, Hakeem, the Admiral, and Parish. I watched Shaq dominate Dikembe, Yao, and Zo. I expect bigs to play tough and physical basketball in the paint.

Daws does that when he crashes the boards. But he does not always play that way when he has the ball. It could be a mental thing, a physical thing, or even a conditioning thing. Either way, Daws hasn't quite put it all together, yet. I'm hoping he does (especially while in a Cal uniform). But for now, he's playing too hesitantly to impose his will as a big in the post, when it matters.
Well, here we are talking about Daws and using guys like Kareem, Ewing, and Hakeem as a measuring stick. Again, isn't it time to cut the guy some slack?

Fair point. Those guys were legends of the game. How about if Daws at least played a bit more like Charles Oakley and Bill Laimbeer? I just want to see some swagger and physical dominance. Doesn't have to be a scorer, necessarily, but have to be a physical presence in the post.
Daws is already 25 years old. I acknowledge that you would like to see Daws play a "bit more" of a physical game but at this point there isn't going to be a drastic change. And moving forward this season, if Daws "doesn't have to be a scorer" then we are in trouble.
OdontoBear66
RedlessWardrobe said:

01Bear said:

bearister said:

Daws is now # 4 in NCAA Double Double Standings. When viewed in the history of Cal centers, he is one of our very good ones.

It was only discussed by a few in this thread, but his offensive efficiency crashes after too many playing minutes. I suppose that when he knows he is gassed, he should pass more and just focus on boards and D.

I also think there is a bit of the Cris Collinsworth/Greg Papa Jared Goff Syndrome going on here. Like they did with Goff, you are doing with Daws. They bashed him early in his career and from then on, to shore up their initial analysis, they had to keep focusing on the negative and minimize the positive.

But I also grew up in the golden age of big men. I got to watch Kareem play against Ewing, Hakeem, the Admiral, and Parish. I watched Shaq dominate Dikembe, Yao, and Zo. I expect bigs to play tough and physical basketball in the paint.

Daws does that when he crashes the boards. But he does not always play that way when he has the ball. It could be a mental thing, a physical thing, or even a conditioning thing. Either way, Daws hasn't quite put it all together, yet. I'm hoping he does (especially while in a Cal uniform). But for now, he's playing too hesitantly to impose his will as a big in the post, when it matters.
Well, here we are talking about Daws and using guys like Kareem, Ewing, and Hakeem as a measuring stick. Again, isn't it time to cut the guy some slack?
I think you are boxing your thinking to "like or dislike" Daws.....I love the guy. He is absolutely essential to where we are right now and where we go in the future month.... His play and improvement are also very helpful for MM getting more big men as transfers or recruits. He gets so many double/doubles it is almost unbelievable and seems to get them easily in the flow of his game. His scoring from the post is quite good as well..

With all that positive said, and no negative on Daws, he has limitations. I will take him gladly with those limitations. When pulled to the three point line he is slow getting back to guarding the post. He misses a ton of layups. And he has a number of turnovers...All those things can be worked on and improved, but to me his play Weds night looked "gassed" in the second half..That is not necessarily on him. It can be rotations available to MM. Match up situations, etc. But he can be complimented for all the good he brings while still recognizing that he misses too many one and one FTs, and has too many TOs. I take it you want that silenced. Both are possible. We can appreciate him to the fullest but recognize his soft points.
HearstMining
bearister said:

Maurice Lucas vs Darryl Dawkins
RedlessWardrobe
OdontoBear66 said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

01Bear said:

bearister said:

I think you are boxing your thinking to "like or dislike" Daws.....I love the guy. He is absolutely essential to where we are right now and where we go in the future month.... His play and improvement are also very helpful for MM getting more big men as transfers or recruits. He gets so many double/doubles it is almost unbelievable and seems to get them easily in the flow of his game. His scoring from the post is quite good as well..

With all that positive said, and no negative on Daws, he has limitations. I will take him gladly with those limitations. When pulled to the three point line he is slow getting back to guarding the post. He misses a ton of layups. And he has a number of turnovers...All those things can be worked on and improved, but to me his play Weds night looked "gassed" in the second half..That is not necessarily on him. It can be rotations available to MM. Match up situations, etc. But he can be complimented for all the good he brings while still recognizing that he misses too many one and one FTs, and has too many TOs. I take it you want that silenced. Both are possible. We can appreciate him to the fullest but recognize his soft points.
Most accurate evaluation of Daws I've seen on this website since the season started.
HearstMining
Aimaq has adjusted his game since early January as he figures out what works against Pac-12 opponents and I think that's great. I love that quick flip shot that he gets off from ~6 feet. Madsen would do Aimaq a favor if he'd get him the ball 6-8 feet from the hoop instead of 15 ft which frequently happens now. When that far out, he has to back his man down dribbling, which sets up the steal. If he received it closer, he could dribble once or not at all to create a little space and get his shot off.
Civil Bear
01Bear said:

Civil Bear said:

HoopDreams said:

Yeah, but he's soft.

smh

The Lakers just unveiled the (first of three) Kobe staue(s) outside Staples/Crypto today. The stories about Kobe and the Mamba mentality stand in stark contrast to the attitudes of those on this board who insist that Daws's numbers prove he's somehow tough enough.

I was a Kobe critic when he first joined the league. But over time, Kobe won me over. He ran over those who stood in the way of his goals (including his Lakers teammate Pau Gasol in the 2008 Olympics). He outworked those who were blessed with more talent and maximized his own. He did what it took to be the best.

Kobe serves as a reminder that winners demand excellence, not just "good enough." I want Cal (and Daws) to be winners.
There is nothing about Fardaws game to suggest he is soft. Could he use better skills and footwork down low? Sure. But maybe you should let him know your thoughts. I'd pay to see that.
01Bear
Civil Bear said:

01Bear said:

Civil Bear said:

HoopDreams said:

Yeah, but he's soft.

smh

There is nothing about Fardaws game to suggest he is soft. Could he use better skills and footwork down low? Sure. But maybe you should let him know your thoughts. I'd pay to see that.

Honestly, if I had the chance to meet him and tell him my thoughts, I would. If he's the type of player I believe him to be, he'll listen and think about whether my criticisms of his play have value. If he's honest with himself, he'll recognize that he doesn't use his body to impose his will against others. He's bot a bruiser like Ewing, Zo, or Moses Malone (never mind Shaq). He doesn't play through contact well but he also doesn't have the Dream's quick footwork or Kareem's reliable and unstoppable ambidextrous skyhook to make up for the lack of physicality on offense.

Again, I like Daws. I'm super grateful to him for joining Cal in his final year of NCAA eligibility. He's a significant part of Cal's drastic turnaround from a cellar dweller last year to respectability this year.

That said, he plays soft (in offense), especially for a big. Bigs are supposed to be bullies on the block. They need to be physical and beat up everyone else who comes into the post. Bigs don't try to finesse a bucket as much as they impose their will and get buckets. Bigs don't avoid contact; they seek it!

In fairness to Daws, few big men in the NBA play like bigs today. Joel Embiid and/or Bam Adebayo are the closest. Anthony Davis is a great shot blocker and shot changer, but he also plays too soft on offense.* Nikola Jokic really only plays in the high post. Maybe the game's changed and the days of the dominant back to the basket big who powers up and throws down a bucket every time his team needs it is over. If so, that's a real shame. (FWIW, I'm a fan of post play. I grew up on the inside-out game and still prefer it to the Steph Curry-influenced everyone-jacks-up-a-three game.)

*I've had this argument many times with my friends, as well.
RedlessWardrobe
I for one respect your opinion except for one thing. Who is to say that bigs need to be bullies on the block and beat up everyone who comes into the post? From your post, it sounds like you're a bit of an "old school" type of fan, which I happen to be myself. But since some people on the board here are bringing up old school centers as examples I don't recall seeing a say, Hakeem Olajuwon beating a lot of people up. Or to go back even further, Willis Reed (don't let his body frame fool you), or Bob Lanier didn't feature a game that beat anybody up. And we all know those guys were pretty damned good!
stu
When it comes to beating people up you both left out Mark Madsen.
bearister
HearstMining said:

bearister said:

Maurice Lucas vs Darryl Dawkins

Yes, I was worried some OG might raise them. Probably the only time someone tried to get in a boxing defensive stance. Lucas left plenty of room for a punch through that, however.
bearister
bearister said:

My supporting evidence. I only went back as far as Brian Hendrick. I used career averages, which includes play at other schools (which really boosted that stiff, Vanover's stats, Big C). A few of the players were listed only as forwards but they primarily played at the center position.

Brian Hendrick PTS 14.7 TRB 8.5

Ryan Jameson PTS 4.5 TRB 3.5

Kenyon Jones PTS 7.9 TRB 8.5

Francisco Elson PTS 5.5 TRB 5

Solomon Hughes PTS 6.1 TRB 3.5

Nick Vander Laan PTS 6.7 TRB 5.5

Rod Benson PTS 6.4 TRB 3.4

DeVon Hardin PTS 7.4. TRB 6.4

Jordan Wilks PTS 3.1 TRB 2.3

Markhuri Sanders- PTS 7.0. TRB 5.2
Frison

Robert Thurman PTS 3.8 TRB 2.5

Kameron Rooks PTS 3.5 TRB 2.2

Kingsley Okoroh PTS 3.5. TRB 3.8

Connor Vanover PTS 7.6 TRB 4.3

Andre Kelly PTS 9 TRB 6

Lars Thieman PTS 5.3 TRB 3.6

Fardaws Aimaq

Cal stats to date: PTS 15.3 TRB 11
Career stats to
date PTS 13.1 TRB 10.8

* NCAA season rebounds leader (2021)
WAC Player of the Year (2021)

01Bear
RedlessWardrobe said:

I for one respect your opinion except for one thing. Who is to say that bigs need to be bullies on the block and beat up everyone who comes into the post? From your post, it sounds like you're a bit of an "old school" type of fan, which I happen to be myself. But since some people on the board here are bringing up old school centers as examples I don't recall seeing a say, Hakeem Olajuwon beating a lot of people up. Or to go back even further, Willis Reed (don't let his body frame fool you), or Bob Lanier didn't feature a game that beat anybody up. And we all know those guys were pretty damned good!

Yup! I am definitely an old school basketball fan. I grew up in the era of the dominant big man. Kareem was the most "finesse" of the great big men. Even he threw elbows and used to beat up people on the low block. The other dominant bigs I admired in my youth were Ewing, Bill Laimbeer (actually, I hated the guy, he was a really dirty player), Alonzo Mourning, and Shaq. Dream wasn't quite as physical, but he could hold his own in the post physically. But what really set him apart was his footwork. Unfortunately, Daws lacks the footwork artistry of Olajuwon, but he has size; he needs to use it to impose his will in the post.
HoopDreams
01Bear said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

Yup! I am definitely an old school basketball fan. I grew up in the era of the dominant big man. Kareem was the most "finesse" of the great big men. Even he threw elbows and used to beat up people on the low block. The other dominant bigs I admired in my youth were Ewing, Bill Laimbeer (actually, I hated the guy, he was a really dirty player), Alonzo Mourning, and Shaq. Dream wasn't quite as physical, but he could hold his own in the post physically. But what really set him apart was his footwork. Unfortunately, Daws lacks the footwork artistry of Olajuwon, but he has size; he needs to use it to impose his will in the post.
12 out of 12 Pac12 coaches would pick Daws over everyone of those past Cal centers in a heartbeat

12 out of 12 Pac12 coaches would pick Kareem, Ewing, Mourning, Olajuwon, Shaq, Embid, Adebayo, Davis over Daws in a heartbeat

I guess we agree
HearstMining
Mark McNamara
  • 1980-1982: 17.2 pts, 10.5 reb
  • 1981-1982 - 22 pts, 12.6 reb

I was at Cal a few years before him. What I liked about his play is that he knew what he was good at and stuck to it. Unfortunately, not good enough to have much of an NBA career, but he was a first-round pick and on the 76ers championship team with Dr. J!

Going back a little further, Ansley Truitt
  • 1971-1972: 18.8 pts, 13.2 reb
01Bear
HoopDreams said:

01Bear said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

12 out of 12 Pac12 coaches would pick Daws over everyone of those past Cal centers in a heartbeat

12 out of 12 Pac12 coaches would pick Kareem, Ewing, Mourning, Olajuwon, Shaq, Embid, Adebayo, Davis over Daws in a heartbeat

I guess we agree

One of my favorite Bear big men from the 2000s was Markhuri Sanders-Frison. He was undersized (short) but he played really big. I remember running into him at the Pac-12 Tournament in Staples Center; I was surprised at his size (both lack of height and broadness of body).

Another Cal big man that disappointed me (as a Cal player) was Bear Insider's own Rod Benson.* At the end of every season he was leaps and bounds better than at the beginning. But he seemed to regress in the offseason, which made it seem as if he took two steps forward and one step back. I kept waiting for him to break out fully, but he never seemed to put all the pieces together during his collegiate career.

Of the big men to come to Cal since I started paying to Cal sports, Ivan Rabb and Leon Powe were the exceptions. They were both a little undersized (Ivan was skinny and Leon a little short) but played well. I loved Leon's fearlessness and willingness to bang in the paint. Ivan's post talent was apparent and his skills needed polishing, but he more than held his own. Unfortunately, neither played the center/5 (due to size). Still, both were excellent collegiate power forwards/4s and I very much enjoyed watching them play.

That said, I really want to see Cal bring in someone like Patrick Ewing, Zo, or Shaq to play the center position. Yeah, talents like that are rare (and getting rarer), but I always hold out hope that one of our bigs will turn out to be a fiamond in the tough who needs a little polishing (looking at you, Kingsley Okoroh and Kam Rooks).

Still, I also definitely enjoyed watching Richard Solomon play and improve, David Kravish scrap for rebounds and play out of position at the 5, and Rob Thurman Thurmanate the rim during Cal's tourney run.

As much as I criticize Cal's teams (especially the bigs), at the end of the day, I can't help but love them. I just want them all to play better, not just because I'm a Cal partisan, but because I want the players to achieve their NBA dreams. I guess that's why I'm so hard on Daws; I think he has a shot at making the League, but he needs to play tougher.

* I became a bigger fan of Rod's when he started his blog and also writing for Yahoo! sports. Back then, it was readily apparent that Rod's an excellent storyteller and gifted writer. His insights into what it was like to be in the D-League and trying to make it to a NBA roster were eye-opening. I followed his tales of his Reno Bighorn and Dakota Wizard days with bated breath. My heart broke for him when he mentioned how NBA teams were leery of signing him because of his blogging. I was also happy for him when he found a home playing overseas in Korea, though he had to stop blogging. His joining the BI staff was an excellent surprise.

bearister
This is from the era when Men were Men and the NBA was a non stop hockey fight (Laimbeer would have been clownstopped by these guys for the posturing p@ussy he was):

Nobody, but nobody, is going to hurt my teammates' - Sports Illustrated Vault | SI.com

https://vault.si.com/vault/1977/10/31/nobody-but-nobody-is-going-to-hurt-my-teammates

""Enforcers are vital," says Pete Newell, former Laker general manager, now a scout for Golden State. "They are part of the game by whatever name you call them. Basketball is not a non-contact sport. You have to have someone out there who loves contact and is willing to keep order.

… Most basketball people will tell you that the single greatest basketball fight was "the night Willis Reed cleared out the whole Laker team." The Knicks have a film of the affray that has probably had more runs than King Kong. It was Oct. 18, 1966, the Knicks' home opener at the old Madison Square Garden. Reed, 6'8", 235, then in his third year, had been exchanging elbows all night with Rudy LaRusso. After a third-quarter free throw. Reed tripped LaRusso, who tagged Reed with a right while Darrall Imhoff held Willis from behind. That sent Reed into a frenzy. He slugged Imhoff and chased LaRusso to the bench. Then he hit John Block with an enormous left hook, spreading his nose all over his face, turned and again belted Imhoff, who fell and knocked five Lakers off the bench like dominoes. Reed planted two more shots on LaRusso and one more on Imhoff, who, bleeding from above the left eye, dived under the bench, to find Block already hiding there with a broken nose."
HoopDreams
01Bear said:

HoopDreams said:

01Bear said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

I guess we agree

One of my favorite Bear big men from the 2000s was Markhuri Sanders-Frison. He was undersized (short) but he played really big. I remember running into him at the Pac-12 Tournament in Staples Center; I was surprised at his size (both lack of height and broadness of body).

Another Cal big man that disappointed me (as a Cal player) was Bear Insider's own Rod Benson.* At the end of every season he was leaps and bounds better than at the beginning. But he seemed to regress in the offseason, which made it seem as if he took two steps forward and one step back. I kept waiting for him to break out fully, but he never seemed to put all the pieces together during his collegiate career.

Of the big men to come to Cal since I started paying to Cal sports, Ivan Rabb and Leon Powe were the exceptions. They were both a little undersized (Ivan was skinny and Leon a little short) but played well. I loved Leon's fearlessness and willingness to bang in the paint. Ivan's post talent was apparent and his skills needed polishing, but he more than held his own. Unfortunately, neither played the center/5 (due to size). Still, both were excellent collegiate power forwards/4s and I very much enjoyed watching them play.

That said, I really want to see Cal bring in someone like Patrick Ewing, Zo, or Shaq to play the center position. Yeah, talents like that are rare (and getting rarer), but I always hold out hope that one of our bigs will turn out to be a fiamond in the tough who needs a little polishing (looking at you, Kingsley Okoroh and Kam Rooks).

Still, I also definitely enjoyed watching Richard Solomon play and improve, David Kravish scrap for rebounds and play out of position at the 5, and Rob Thurman Thurmanate the rim during Cal's tourney run.

As much as I criticize Cal's teams (especially the bigs), at the end of the day, I can't help but love them. I just want them all to play better, not just because I'm a Cal partisan, but because I want the players to achieve their NBA dreams. I guess that's why I'm so hard on Daws; I think he has a shot at making the League, but he needs to play tougher.

* I became a bigger fan of Rod's when he started his blog and also writing for Yahoo! sports. Back then, it was readily apparent that Rod's an excellent storyteller and gifted writer. His insights into what it was like to be in the D-League and trying to make it to a NBA roster were eye-opening. I followed his tales of his Reno Bighorn and Dakota Wizard days with bated breath. My heart broke for him when he mentioned how NBA teams were leery of signing him because of his blogging. I was also happy for him when he found a home playing overseas in Korea, though he had to stop blogging. His joining the BI staff was an excellent surprise.

all good

prospeCt
~ when 'toxic masculinity' strode the globe [ grim ]

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2024/feb/08/i-dont-believe-in-a-curse-the-wrestler-who-lost-his-five-brothers

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2024/feb/08/i-dont-believe-in-a-curse-the-wrestler-who-lost-his-five-brothers#img-6

Big C

Mark McNamara is a pretty good comparison for Daws:

McNamara was a little bit bigger (for his time) and had more polished post moves and a better touch around the basket (witness his 22 ppg as a senior). Better scorer. Somewhat better defender, though that was not his forte.

Aimaq can come out to the top and facilitate a little bit (sometimes too many TOs), Will hit from mid-range, plus the occasional 3 (MM stayed in the low post... didn't have too many assists.)

Kind of crazy, this "debate" about Fardaws Aimaq. Is he great or does he suck? (one poster even suggested that Larson should get some of his minutes... for the future) He's a very good player, but not great. Why isn't that enough?
Civil Bear
01Bear said:

HoopDreams said:

01Bear said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

I guess we agree

Rod came to Cal as a project and led the team in scoring his junior year, then was injured for much of his senior year. Your take on Rod is further off than calling Fardaws soft.
01Bear
Civil Bear said:

01Bear said:

HoopDreams said:

01Bear said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

I guess we agree

Rod came to Cal as a project and led the team in scoring his junior year, then was injured for much of his senior year. Your take on Rod is further off than calling Fardaws soft.

That's fair. It's been years since I watched Rod play, obviously. I'm just remembering how frustrated I was with him and how it seemed like he was taking one step back for every two steps forward. I honestly don't remember how he did in any particular year, any more, as they all blend together.

Again, I like Rod. I really thought he had a shot at the NBA. I was disappointed for him when the teams didn't sign him. I thought they blew a great chance not only to get a good player with potential but also lost out on the chance to benefit from the emerging blogosphere as a new medium. But (IIRC, Rod made this point in his blogs as well), Gilbert Arenas may have poisoned the well and scared off NBA teams from hiring a player who had his own blog.
barsad
If we're going to be real about this, the "Daws" debate should be more about the following questions than whether one fan-favorite center who played for one season here is outstanding/good/flawed. This is really about who plays center next season, and what kind of big man works in the new Madsen era.
Questions:
1. Is there a highly rated prospect out there who might have an immediate impact in '24-'25? How do we sign him?
2. Is Larsen ready next year if we don't get the frosh phenom? Yes, I am one of those who thinks you have to battle test your freshmen in conference play, especially if you are not headed for March Madness.
3. What kind of center do you want? Sure, we want the rebounding ability of a Daws. But if we are going to go anywhere in the ACC, we are going to need a lot more than that. I agree with a lot of the comments above: better quickness, mental fortitude and focus, a reliable finish when you are uncontested and within 3 ft of the hoop. A baby hook would be a bonus.
Anyway, I wish people would make this more about "how do we win in a much harder conference next year" than whether we "like" Daws or not. This isn't the schoolyard, Daws is a nice young man, I wish him well in Europe and elsewhere, but we need a better 5-spot next year.
RedlessWardrobe
I don't know. Based on how exciting the last few games have been, I find it more interesting to talk about this year's team.
bearister
Read the title to this thread and then…

This is a Daws fanboy thread. Did they publish letters in the Beatles Fan Club magazine that the Stones were better than the Beatles? In the David Cassidy Fan Club magazine did they publish letters claiming Bobby Sherman was hotter?
This thread has been hijacked! I suggest you disloyal Fan Club members (who are on the verge of expulsion and having your free decoder ring repossessed) start your own threads like:

The Official BI Kareem and Laimbeer were better than Daws Thread

The Official BI Who will Cal's Center be Next Year Thread

If you are unwilling to do this than get your weaksauce criticism outa here. This is a worship site.

RedlessWardrobe
Maybe in the Beatles fan club they talked about Badfinger, but that couldn't have happened until 1969, five years after the Beatles hit the states.

Now, back to Daws.......
bearister
RedlessWardrobe said:

Maybe in the Beatles fan club they talked about Badfinger, but that couldn't have happened until 1969, five years after the Beatles hit the states.

Now, back to Daws.......

Guys in Badfinger committed suicide when lawsuits cut off their income stream.
Badfinger - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badfinger

*Daws approves of this temporary thread hijacking.
barsad
Actually I'd be more interested in your genuine answers to my basketball questions instead of your weak attempts at trolling and flaming, or blind Daws love posts, pretty boring sheit, guys. What are the best things we want in a center that Daws showed us this year, and what do we need to improve on?
bearister
I will be satisfied if next year's center is Top 5 in NCAA Double Doubles at this point in the season.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.