The Official BearInsider Fardaws Aimaq Fan Club

11,155 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BearSD
Civil Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
01Bear said:

calumnus said:

01Bear said:

HoopDreams said:

I hope our rotation of bigs at least match the production and contribution of Daws

He wasn't just an outstanding rebounder. He was a scorer, excellent passer, and solid defender depending on matchups, and was a stretch center (have we were had one before?). He also had excellent hands.

He did have trouble scoring against longer/athletic centers, but so do the majority of DI centers.

The biggest weakness in his game from my perspective was lack of foot speed to defend on the perimeter

Amit Tamir was a stretch 5 about a decade before it became a thing. He was hitting threes at a time when bigs were still back to the basket players. I remember it drove me nuts that he kept drifting beyond the arc*. But I also remember him draining threes with pretty good consistency.

*This went against everything I learned about how bigs were supposed to play.

Ryan Anderson as well, though at 6'9 we could have treated him like a forward. Drove me crazy that we had maybe the best front line depth in Cal history and Braun played small.

He played dozens of different lineups but never Hardin, Anderson, Boykin, Christopher, Randle. Instead we would see lineups like: Anderson, Vierneisal, Christopher, Randle, Knezevic and came in 9th in the PAC-10.

Yeah, I was thinking about including Ryno, but I seem to remember him more as a stretch 4 at Cal than a stretch 5. Maybe I'm misremembering.
Neither Anderson nor Tamir played primary center for Cal. Anderson had Hardin, J Wilkes, Zhang, and Harrison at center. Tamir had Powe, Benson, Parris, and the Hughes brothers.
BearSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Best of luck to Fardaws, who has signed to play for a team in Hungary.
https://www-szoljon-hu.translate.goog/helyi-sport/2024/07/szolnoki-olajbanyasz-fardaws-aimaq-igazolas?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp&_x_tr_hist=true
(Google translation)
Quote:

HSZ-Szolnoki Olajbnysz announced a new confirmation in the person of Canadian Fardaws Aimaq on its social media page.

Quote:

He averaged 14.5 points and 11 rebounds last season with the California Golden Bears. This summer, he played for the Sacramento Kings and Denver Nuggets in the NBA Summer League.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.