What are the keys to Hucking the Fuskies?

1,118 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by RedlessWardrobe
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is what Bears will be dealing with:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bluehenbear
Let me guess...limit turnovers, defense, and making 3 pointers.
ducky23
bluehenbear said:

Sounds about right to me
KoreAmBear
bluehenbear said:

Well being efficient on three pointers. Not just jacking them up if we are not hitting.

Just noticed that they beat ASU but lost to UCLA on Sunday.

They are 1-5 in conference but a lot of close losses, like us.
CalLifer
KoreAmBear said:

bluehenbear said:

Well being efficient on three pointers. Not just jacking them up if we are not hitting.

Just noticed that they beat ASU but lost to UCLA on Sunday.

They are 1-5 in conference but a lot of close losses, like us.

How is that even possible?
barsad
This team is beatable. Keys to the game:
1. Have a real plan on defense for shutting down Brooks and Sahvir… then have plans B, C, and D when Plan A doesn't work. Throw more than one defensive setup at them.
2. Aimaq must stand his ground against 7'1 Meah. Be a real center, no fantasy 3-point tries.
3, The Jaylon Show.
4. Everyone chip in and create opportunities for the Jaylon Show when he gets double teamed.
HoopDreams
Get Meah is foul trouble as he's a great rim protector and with him out Tyson wil have more success on his drives
oskidunker
HoopDreams said:

Get Meah is foul trouble as he's a great rim protector and with him out Tyson wil have more success on his drives

He is the back up center and not very good.
Go Bears!
HoopDreams
Offensively you are right but he gets rebounds and put backs plus dunks

It's his rim protection that caused us problems last year and he is a strong rebounder

Even ASU's center hurt us and he's not 7 feet.

oskidunker said:

HoopDreams said:

He is the back up center and not very good.
ducky23
barsad said:

2. Aimaq must stand his ground against 7'1 Meah. Be a real center, no fantasy 3-point tries.

Aimaq is shooting 35% from 3 which is more than respectable.

Running pick and pop with Tyson is probably Cal's most effective play. But it only works if the opposing center has to respect aiamq's 3pt shot cause it moves the center out of the middle and gives Tyson an open runway.
RedlessWardrobe
ducky23 said:

barsad said:

Aimaq is shooting 35% from 3 which is more than respectable.

Running pick and pop with Tyson is probably Cal's most effective play. But it only works if the opposing center has to respect aiamq's 3pt shot cause it moves the center out of the middle and gives Tyson an open runway.
Historically, like for the last 200 years (my bad, maybe only a hundred years), conventional wisdom tells us that if you have a center who has the ability to step out and shoot an unguarded 3 (35%), and the guy guarding him is 3 inches taller and a bit slow coming out, the strategy is effective.
The game is basketball, not machoball.
KoreAmBear
barsad said:

1. Have a real plan on defense for shutting down Brooks and Sahvir… then have plans B, C, and D when Plan A doesn't work. Throw more than one defensive setup at them.
3, The Jaylon Show.
4. Everyone chip in and create opportunities for the Jaylon Show when he gets double teamed.
4.a. -- Jalen Celestine needs to wake up and not have a shooting night like he did v. Oregon. He needs to realize he really should be the second option to Jaylon.
Big C

Which team's roster has the most "morning people" might also be a huge factor: I just checked the schedule on this site and the game is starting at "6:00am (PT)"! Heck, I used to be drowsy at 8 am classes...

Another promotional angle might be "free coffee and donuts"!
oskidunker
Big C said:

Which team's roster has the most "morning people" might also be a huge factor: I just checked the schedule on this site and the game is starting at "6:00am (PT)"! Heck, I used to be drowsy at 8 am classes...

The wsu and stanford games have disappeared from my calendar.
Go Bears!
RedlessWardrobe
Big C said:

Damn, I was planning to go at 6pm. This changes my schedule for tonight drastically. Got to be ready for an early rise. All of you should be happy - no more BI posts today for me!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.