We finally don't have to deal with Enfield

2,109 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by bearister
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He is leaving USC to….

… SMU

sonofabear51
LOL. He will never go away.
Start Slowly and taper off
eastcoastcal
Portal watch for USC players. Bronny at Cal.. ? Rich family so no immediate NIL need, clearly dropped off draft radars after this past season so may be looking for more of a developmental coach who can showcase him for the NBA (madsen with tyson), and he sits in as a wing who can play engaged defense. Finally, pretty easy travel for Lebron to fly up to the bay to watch his son. #JustSaying
calumnus
eastcoastcal said:

Portal watch for USC players. Bronny at Cal.. ? Rich family so no immediate NIL need, clearly dropped off draft radars after this past season so may be looking for more of a developmental coach who can showcase him for the NBA (madsen with tyson), and he sits in as a wing who can play engaged defense. Finally, pretty easy travel for Lebron to fly up to the bay to watch his son. #JustSaying

Plus, Lebron loves Berkeley has family and friends in the area and has always wondered "what if." It is why it is the road game that he attended. It would be a chance to get that missed experience vicariously through his son. There was no way he would send his kid to play for Fox, but Madsen….
Big C
Getting waaaaay ahead if ourselves here, but…

What was that one sellout game we had last season?

calumnus
USC to SMU seems like a lateral move at best.
stu
Wearing out his welcome at USC? More money? Better basketball conference?
BearSD
New AD at usc, and new ADs like to make their mark by hiring new coaches. Enfield might as well jump before being pushed.
Alkiadt
stu said:

Wearing out his welcome at USC? More money? Better basketball conference?

All of the above. Most importantly NIL money flows at SMU.
75bear
Bronny, we'll turn those boos into raucous cheers at Haas. Come on down!

This move would almost make too much sense. We have an entire roster wide open, so Lebron/Bronny can attract some high level players to play alongside him.
RedlessWardrobe
HoopDreams said:

He is leaving USC to….

… SMU

Whoa, I had to edit my post. Initially wondering why it was a problem, then realized that we're in SMU's conference now. I need to study my conferences.
OdontoBear66
75bear said:

Bronny, we'll turn those boos into raucous cheers at Haas. Come on down!

This move would almost make too much sense. We have an entire roster wide open, so Lebron/Bronny can attract some high level players to play alongside him.
Believe I saw recently he is already getting between $4-5M in NIL monies. He may just transfer to corporate America and hit the big bank----Amazon, Nvidia, Microsoft, McDonalds, Target, Walmart.
oskidunker
Did he draw crowds at USC ?
Go Bears!
75bear
Seared in my memory is the giant bear hug Madsen and LeBron shared at the end of the Cal-USC game.... hopefully it was a good omen!
BC Calfan
75bear said:

Seared in my memory is the giant bear hug Madsen and LeBron shared at the end of the Cal-USC game.... hopefully it was a good omen!
Was just going to mention this. That was cool to see and proof of a friendly relationship. I would imagine Lebron walked away impressed that night.

Recruiting Bronny comes with many question marks but adding him for our first year in the ACC would be a coup. You can't buy that publicity.
HearstMining
Using players to recruit other players has become increasingly common. If (and I know it's a huge IF) Bronny came to Cal, he could use his influence to attract others, and that could be a huge recruiting magnifier. I didn't see enough of Bronny to know if he can really play, and Shaq might be just as inclined to steer him towards someplace like Duke, so who knows.
oskidunker
HearstMining said:

Using players to recruit other players has become increasingly common. If (and I know it's a huge IF) Bronny came to Cal, he could use his influence to attract others, and that could be a huge recruiting magnifier. I didn't see enough of Bronny to know if he can really play, and Shaq might be just as inclined to steer him towards someplace like Duke, so who knows.

Hecwont get that kind of money here
Go Bears!
Big C
Bronny can play, but he isn't all-world.

If he's getting huge NIL this year, it probably isn't from U$C's collective. He can make his deals directly. Probably has that know-how "somewhere" that he can tap into.
OdontoBear66
Big C said:

Bronny can play, but he isn't all-world.

If he's getting huge NIL this year, it probably isn't from U$C's collective. He can make his deals directly. Probably has that know-how "somewhere" that he can tap into.
From what I have heard you are correct on this. The big. $$$ are not from NIL.
bearister
https://bearinsider.com/forums/3/topics/119998/replies/2318606
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.